Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Farmer's market is at work today, I plan on eating a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

Have you seen the Subaru kei van ones? :3:

Yes :3:

iwentdoodie posted:

Question for the UK people: how is the graham norton show seen by you guys? Funny or poo poo?

Enough people think he's hilarious to sustain his lucrative career. Personally I dislike his gimmick but I watch almost no tv of that type.

I dropped about £600 this weekend on car parts, tyres and service bits. That's a lot for me but £140 was a complete set of tyres for the panda and most was brakes for the multipla. Ended up with two new calipers on the back because the piston was seized on one side, handbrake seized on the other but that brings the total service and wear cost over three years to £375 not including tyres. I don't think we're ever getting rid of this car unless the engine blows. Even then I think I'll put the effort in to swap in a replacement because it's a perfect family car.

So I was working on this hideous vehicle on the drive, jacked up, covered in brake dust and grease wearing garage clothes with tools strewn everywhere and a couple pull up in a body-kitted range rover to look at the house next to us. They see me and just reverse straight outta there without stopping, hilarious.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I was dead tired when I got home, so tired that as soon as I walked in the door, I fell into the couch and passed out cold.

... then woke up at 4am. :argh: Still tired. Just can't get back to sleep. I feel really weird though - I've been spacy as poo poo since about 9pm, still feel that way. Almost like I smoked a bunch of weed, except I didn't smoke any weed. :iiam:

Tusen Takk posted:

i live off of huffing my own farts so

Dude, if you can gross ME out, you're a sick bastard. :barf:

CommieGIR posted:

Whenever someone says superfood, my pseudoscience meter twitches.

Have you tried kelp tape? :colbert:

It's amazing, these like, kung-fu monks make this fifty-foot tape, like a cloth measuring tape but it's kelp, and you swallow it over like three days then you start to, ya know, pass it, then you just slowly slowly pull it out of you over three more days

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

some texas redneck posted:

Have you tried kelp tape? :colbert:

It's amazing, these like, kung-fu monks make this fifty-foot tape, like a cloth measuring tape but it's kelp, and you swallow it over like three days then you start to, ya know, pass it, then you just slowly slowly pull it out of you over three more days

This sounds like some nightmare scenario where it all balls up in your intestines and you get backed up and explode.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MustardFacial posted:

Please explain this because it sound likes you're just getting fat and going "I guess I'll work out now." But like having justifications for not being called a lardass.

I drink too much and am about 50 lbs overweight because of it. I hate going to the gym and my home gym was destroyed because baby. I will rebuild, and I will return to target weight.
DING DING DING

Geirskogul posted:

Bulking and cutting is complete BS broscience. Just want you to know that.
Oh yeah, I had a crazy semester coupled with less than no money so we lived off of chicken and rice and lentils for a while and one of the best ways to cook it all up is in a nice greasy stir fry and woooweee is it filling

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's
Everyone should lift all the things anyway. Each of us should be developing our future old man strength now.

LOL if you're a goon who plans to live longer than below average lifespan though.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

The Locator posted:

I'd spend the extra 20, that's cheap for the difference in coverage. Full disclosure, I carry 250/500/150 (not sure on that 150).

Do you have assets that anyone you run over could sue you for? How much do the cars cost on the road around you every day? It's incredibly easy to go over $30k just with property damage to any semi-newish car, let alone if there are medical bills involved. God forbid that you are at fault for nailing a new SUV of pretty much any variety, or something like a Tesla Model S, let alone any sort of luxury car or higher end sports car.

There are just way too many expensive vehicles on the road to gamble all your assets on low coverage if you can afford the higher levels.

Agreed. I am dealing with insurance poo poo and I was just looking at my auto policy -- 300/300/100 with a 1M umbrella.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I'm surprised I'm still alive TBH.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

88h88 posted:

This sounds like some nightmare scenario where it all balls up in your intestines and you get backed up and explode.

Yeah but this chick seems to love it

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

freelop posted:

I sometimes wonder why central locking on houses isn't a thing (or more of a thing, I'm guessing there are systems out there)

It is!

:science:

And I have a keyfob for my home alarm that can be programmed to also lock/unlock any/all doors that have the optional fancy $300 locks.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

88h88 posted:

Farmer's market is at work today, I plan on eating a lot.
Get me a honey stick :ocelot:

literally a fish posted:

I think he means the door of his house :v:
o rite~

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Working outside the ex's place of work. Like right outside. I really hope I don't see her. Ugh.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Working outside the ex's place of work. Like right outside. I really hope I don't see her. Ugh.

Wear a T-shirt with her face printed on it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

spog posted:

Wear a T-shirt with her face printed on it.

I have a safety vest on. Maybe her face on my hardhat?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I have a safety vest on. Maybe her face on my hardhat helmet?
:boom:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

MrsAdiabatic posted:

Everyone should lift all the things anyway. Each of us should be developing our future old man strength now.

LOL if you're a goon who plans to live longer than below average lifespan though.

Came here to say this, but wifey beat me to it...

Pull Sumo Eat Butt

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

:thurman:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I'm surprised how many people didn't realize this (not calling you out). I know a few people who have dropped 50+ lb and they have to watch their intake very closely and if they stop working out for any reason (sick/injury) they have to drastically reduce calories otherwise the pounds pile back on fast. It really sucks but just further enforces the 'healthy is a lifestyle' thing. Was talking with someone last night that dropped 35-40 pounds in the last year and despite training twice a day four days a week minimum her maintenance calories are super low.

MustardFacial posted:

$3200 2015 Birel chassis with LO206 engine, an extra set of tires and the kart stand. Wife won't let me get it because "you're going to be a dad in 3 weeks." Someone doesn't have their priorities straight. :colbert:

Why did I have to move somewhere with no good kart tracks less than three and a half hours away :( Those things are so fun and comparatively so cheap. As Leica mentioned once the kid is old enough if they're interested get them in a kart asap. Friends son races in the kiddie league at 5 I think and absolutely loves it.

Adiabatic posted:

Pull Sumo Eat Butt
Have hit a wall on conventional, looking at switching to sumo if I don't get through it this cycle (5/3/1). Also trap bar DL's own

Brother just had a mandatory health screening at work...came back overweight, depressed and high cholesterol. Maybe he'll finally take me up on the offer to use my garage gym that he drives by twice a day and is free.

Deadpool DVD arrived last night, watched it at a friends on their big rear end TV and great surround sound system. Some decent extras from what we watched. First movie I've bought in at least 5 years other than gifts for other people.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
This was me 100%. I lost 150 pounds, gained 100 back.

Getting my own apartment and starting to smoke weed at the same time certainly didn't help, either.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Geirskogul posted:

Bulking and cutting is complete BS broscience. Just want you to know that.

Bulking and cutting is a thing if you actually lift heavy when bulking. Then lift heavy when cutting. Otherwise you're just getting fat and pretending.

Also if you don't expect it to be a magic insta-swole technique.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cage posted:

Get me a honey stick :ocelot:

Did this. Pulled pork burger with some magic sweet sauce stuff which was immense. Dude also supplied me with a Curly Wurly as dessert.

:cheers:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

88h88 posted:

It's better than most chat shows but that isn't saying much.

What's the reason for the question?

Because I love watching it and was just wondering how it was viewed there :v:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Holy poo poo today is boring. I've been sitting on a vault on the side of the road for 3 hours waiting for my boss to figure out WTF we are supposed to do.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

88h88 posted:

Did this. Pulled pork burger with some magic sweet sauce stuff which was immense. Dude also supplied me with a Curly Wurly as dessert.

Foly huck that looks good.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Because I love watching it and was just wondering how it was viewed there :v:

Norton's best TV role is this because gently caress me he played it well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk_-E2eBrrQ

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

88h88 posted:

Dude also supplied me with a Curly Wurly as dessert.

Dude knows what's up.

Something something curly wurly was size of arm

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

"And little Hurly Burly gave my anus Curly Wurly..."
- Manfred Mann

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Bulking and cutting is a thing if you actually lift heavy when bulking. Then lift heavy when cutting. Otherwise you're just getting fat and pretending.

Also if you don't expect it to be a magic insta-swole technique.
Bulking is something that would likely bankrupt me because I'm not particularly affluent and my metabolism is on the high side of "circus freaky." 6' 7", 200#, and I wanna put on 50# of muscle by my 32nd birthday on October 20th. I have a plan and I'm tracking my lifts, but I loathe overeating v:shobon:v

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION

88h88 posted:

Clogged Toilet Starter Kit

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
http://www.troybilt.com/equipment/troybilt/flex

I saw this on TV and it looked really cool. You get a motor on wheels and attachments for a whole bunch of things. I don't know how the pricing works out or how long it would hold up but the idea of only having one small engine to maintain and not having to do a bunch of prep work to store it for half a year sounds nice.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

scuz posted:

Bulking is something that would likely bankrupt me because I'm not particularly affluent and my metabolism is on the high side of "circus freaky." 6' 7", 200#, and I wanna put on 50# of muscle by my 32nd birthday on October 20th. I have a plan and I'm tracking my lifts, but I loathe overeating v:shobon:v

A 25% increase in body weight in just muscle? I hope your plan includes a lot of chemical assistance.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

thebigcow posted:

A 25% increase in body weight in just muscle? I hope your plan includes a lot of chemical assistance.
No, it's setting goals in the stars so that I hopefully wind up on the moon. Although I just read through our rule book for derby and there's nothing in there prohibiting performance enhancing drugs!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

thebigcow posted:

I saw this on TV and it looked really cool. You get a motor on wheels and attachments for a whole bunch of things. I don't know how the pricing works out or how long it would hold up but the idea of only having one small engine to maintain and not having to do a bunch of prep work to store it for half a year sounds nice.
The engine is $299 at lowes, the lawnmower attachment is $499 and the snowblower is $399 :lol:

http://www.lowes.com/Search=troy-bilt+flex?storeId=10151&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&N=0&newSearch=true&Ntt=troy-bilt+flex#!

So $1200 for a lawnmower and snowblower, plus whatever else you want.

I dont think our craftsman lawn mower costs as much as the engine.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

It getting however many kits you'll use works out the same price as buying decent ones of each you're ahead on space and maintenance.

E: apparently not lol

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

thebigcow posted:

I've looked into it. 300 for the base, then 200 and up for each 'attachment'. I want one for the thatcher and aerator, but can't make myself pull the trigger on it.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Bummer, I should have looked at the price first :(

edit: and $200 for a shelf to put your attachments on

thebigcow fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 11, 2016

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

- Manfred Mann

Lol :golfclap:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

- Manfred Mann

I hate that loving song.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

thebigcow posted:

Bummer, I should have looked at the price first :(

edit: and $200 for a shelf to put your attachments on

The perspective I'm looking at is this...

A riding mower is going to cost 1000 bucks. Then you still have to get the aerator and thatcher, which is 200-300 each. So your cost is up to around 1500. You could get the flex plus mower, aerator, and thatcher for a total of about 1000.

Or you can spend a couple hundred on a rake for the thatching and aerator drum and do the same thing; just take longer and take more work. Assuming, of course, you have the push mower with a bagger on it.

I guess it comes down to "how much is your time worth".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Could you by a powered version of each tool separately for less?

• Locked thread