Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gologle.exe is bugging out again, can we get someone over from I.T. to fix its coding?

zedprime posted:

I thought the cheats were added in the PS4 version.

They were, or at least in FFVII they were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

zedprime posted:

I thought the cheats were added in the PS4 version.

No, that was FF7

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Playing FFX HD on PS4 right now, if there's boosters here I've got no idea where they are.

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011

Tonfa posted:

it's there, if you try to proceed without doing the puzzle you fight 170k HP guardians

You can eject them so I just solved it with falconry

It was awhile ago so I could be wrong but after that part you have to jump up all these moving platforms and then you fight the ultimate weapon thing at the top? But if you die it sends you back to the bottom pre platforms. To be fair I had just replayed FFX and was going for a 100% run in X-2 so it's entirely possible it wasn't that bad and I just burnt out. I do remember the platforms giving me the shits though.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Tonfa posted:

it's there, if you try to proceed without doing the puzzle you fight 170k HP guardians

You can eject them so I just solved it with falconry

No you didn't.

Like, it's literally impossible to eject them with that move.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

Dewgy posted:

Playing FFX HD on PS4 right now, if there's boosters here I've got no idea where they are.

Yeah, i'm a solid 100 hours in on levelling for the dark aeons/penance and if it turns out they hid those boosters i'm probably just going to set my ps4 on fire.

Does anyone know if you can transfer your save to this PC version since the save backup thing the game uses seems to be operated by squenix and not sony?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

gigglefeimer posted:

No you didn't.

Like, it's literally impossible to eject them with that move.

wrong

quote:

Element Resistance - Accuracy Reformed: 255. Berserk: 255. Blow Away: 200.
Confuse: 255. Curse: 255. Darkness: 255. Death: 255. Death Sentence: 255.
Defense Reformed: 255. Evasion Reformed: 255. Luck Reformed: 255. Magic
Defense Reformed: 255. Magic Reformed: 255. Petrification: 255. Poison:
255. Power Reformed: 255. Silence: 255. Sleep: 255. Slow: 255. Stop: 255.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

voltcatfish posted:

What are boosters?

"Auto-save and 5 game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes."

Oh. That sounds rad, even if the game has built in no encounter selections. Could I get a "cutscene skip " game booster instead

The best thing about the high speed option is that it makes you move 5x fast in chocobo hot and cold, but the timer stays the same speed

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

More importantly the pecking animation is 5x fast. Actually pinpointing the spot is at least as if not more finicky.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Nope. The move he's talking about is too weak to eject them even at level 99.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Gologle makes a funny post, referencing some opinions the posters had ("If you want to play the game with boosters, why not just watch an LP?") and some assholes berate him/her for it, just why, in this thread of all places :(

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I like Gologle because they are the only person in the thread that understands the essence of Final Fantasy.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Mega64 posted:

I like Gologle because they are the only person in the thread that understands the essence of Final Fantasy.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So what are the odds of one of the boosters in FFX PC circumventing the endgame Celestial weapon minigames? :v:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
If the boosters wont, Cheat Engine will. I can see the 0.0.0 time codes for Chocobo Racing being in demand.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

gigglefeimer posted:

Nope. The move he's talking about is too weak to eject them even at level 99.

wrong again but if you want to keep arguing things that actually happened aren't possible, cool

What's new in the Steam versions of already released games, other than FF9 turbo speed?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hopefully a button that sends an email to the author of FFX-3 that contains nothing but the Tidus exploding blitzball .gif

Barring that give me a cutscene skip so I can skip battles and cutscenes and achieve a zen state.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I just want to play x-2

seems like a huge mistake on square's part not releasing this on may 10th the moment the overwatch servers went down, to be honest

Minera fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 11, 2016

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Tonfa posted:

wrong again but if you want to keep arguing things that actually happened aren't possible, cool

I don't know what to tell you. That 200 resistance to Eject makes a massive difference. Maybe you're mis-remembering and you were actually using PuPu Platter? Even with a move with that high of power, you only have a single digit chance of ejecting Azi. Plus PuPu Platter was bugged in earlier versions to always miss if you were at too high of a level lol

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Levantine posted:

If the boosters wont, Cheat Engine will. I can see the 0.0.0 time codes for Chocobo Racing being in demand.

but that race isn't even hard

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Lightning dodge cheat will be huge. That may be the single worst minigame in any game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I hate the lightning dodge, but at least that's just a patience thing

I always hated Kimahri's more

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Let's agree that all of FF10's minigames are terrible.

Actually the truth is most of the FF minigames suck, and the two most popular ones (Triple Triad and Chocobo Hot & Cold) are mainly popular because you get some really good loot out of them.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Chocobo Hot & Cold is pretty boring as well to be honest. I think the music is half the reason why people like it

Triple Triad is really the only one I've ever liked + Blitzball would be fun if they upped the difficulty a little

This is good too

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

bloodychill posted:

Lightning dodge cheat will be huge. That may be the single worst minigame in any game.

It's good there's nothing locked behind it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Tonfa posted:

What's new in the Steam versions of already released games, other than FF9 turbo speed?

In the ports of the PS1 games, stuff like instant max Gil or level, in-battle invincibility and infinite MP, no encounters, basically just easy Gamesharking. :v:

Hopefully the UI in this one will be good, since it's not (to my knowledge) coming via phones this time.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

alcharagia posted:

Will you please come over and beat it for me then? I've never accomplished it on any version of the game and I'm looking forward to not accomplishing it again on PC.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

alcharagia posted:

It's loving tedious and annoying

I've done it twice in my life and don't plan to do it a third, it's lovely.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Baal posted:

It's loving tedious and annoying

I've done it twice in my life and don't plan to do it a third, it's lovely.

now I am not arguing there. it sucks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I don't like your minigame, it sucks etc.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FFX is like the lower class of FF mini games down there with fuckin Tetra Master and FFXII's opening sequence. It looks at Chocobo Hot & Cold and Triple Triad walking by it and begs for the scraps off their nice Louis Vitton shoes and gets a potion for its troubles.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Meanwhile BoF minigames watch from the storm drain where they live with the chuds.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

i dont really understand the argument that triple triad is better than tetra master. Triple triad is just a series of five rock paper scissors games where you have to go in with a stacked deck. Tetra master is a slightly more complex / patched version of that and both are a slightly more exciting, considerably faster form of Go. If youre clamboring for a slight visual skin over Go why dont you clambor for Omok?

Do people just like the music and going into a game of rps/janken with a hand full of dynamite cards? I think one of them used Zozo's theme remixed?

Im just glad I never had to play tetra master

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Tetra Master suffers from the fact the rules are never explained in game and the tutorial just tells you to go wild figuring out the mysterious card stats.

Triple Triad is better than Go because its been long enough to lodge itself firmly in the realm of dadgames while Go is the purview of those drat young hipsters playing ancient games ironically.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
The Go kids are the same people who got super into Rubik's cubes a few years ago. Just obnoxious.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

zolthorg posted:

i dont really understand the argument that triple triad is better than tetra master. Triple triad is just a series of five rock paper scissors games where you have to go in with a stacked deck. Tetra master is a slightly more complex / patched version of that and both are a slightly more exciting, considerably faster form of Go. If youre clamboring for a slight visual skin over Go why dont you clambor for Omok?

Do people just like the music and going into a game of rps/janken with a hand full of dynamite cards? I think one of them used Zozo's theme remixed?

Im just glad I never had to play tetra master

the right way to play Triple Triad is with same/plus so that your big fancy cards get hosed over by the AI who manages to combo you with a Buel card.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

alcharagia posted:

That depends heavily on the RNG. Sometimes it has mercy on you and you get a perfect run on the first or second attempt, other times you'll be at it for three hours because the birds spawn in such a way and the balloons are placed so that it's completely impossible to get 0.0.0. There's an NPC who says as much, if you talk to him he's like "yeah sometimes she's hot and sometimes she's not, it's all luck really".

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The birds are deterministic, the biggest way the RNG screws you is lovely balloon placement around the turns but you can cycle through that in like 10 minutes after you learn how birds work.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Ah, I'm just bad at video games then. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Baal posted:

FFX is like the lower class of FF mini games down there with fuckin Tetra Master and FFXII's opening sequence. It looks at Chocobo Hot & Cold and Triple Triad walking by it and begs for the scraps off their nice Louis Vitton shoes and gets a potion for its troubles.

There's a minigame in XII's opening sequence?

I'm not sure powering up Sunstones and yelling at bucket heads count as minigames and I think it's past the opening sequence at that point.