Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yo Ullerrm, wondering if you have any Curse fits lying around?

This hull is extremely versatile in the ways it can be fit. I've seen armor fits w/ medium neuts and tracking disruptors, shield fits with 50k+ EHP, and I've also worked up a heavy neut fit that neuts and tracking disrupts out to 60km+. If I'm flying around in small gang Dodfleet with one, what's the right way to go in your opinion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Helicon One posted:

There used to be the official eve-o forums but CCP have all but abandoned ship over there.

ISD is garbage.

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor
Can anyone point me to a post on the goonfleet forums that explains what has happened in the last few months? I've looked on my own. Just resubbed after 6 months of real life stuff and no time for long sessions. I log on and we clearly dun goofed in Dek.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Rhymenoserous posted:

ISD is garbage.

They really are.

They moderated the forums with the precision of a machete to make sure there was no implied impoliteness.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Khablam posted:

Have you done the SOE arc [head to Arnon to start]?

Not yet but you have made me ridiculously excited to start it! My Thursday evening is going to be stellar!! :D

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

VideoGames posted:

Not yet but you have made me ridiculously excited to start it! My Thursday evening is going to be stellar!! :D

My Thursday night will be Stellar--is.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Achamp posted:

Can anyone point me to a post on the goonfleet forums that explains what has happened in the last few months? I've looked on my own. Just resubbed after 6 months of real life stuff and no time for long sessions. I log on and we clearly dun goofed in Dek.

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/204509-the-miracle-of-kcolor-and-m-oee8-a-current-events-recap-returning-veteran-check-in-station/

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Tangerines posted:

My Thursday night will be Stellar--is.

We are all getting lost in space games :)

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

Thanks a ton. Not sure how I missed this.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
so who keeps anchoring these oversized POS content balloons that are making PL log in? because they're being pretty dumb about it.

Unless it's a long-term ruse to snatch a random titan trying to solo an onlining citadel.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

VideoGames posted:

We are all getting lost in space games :)

I keep waiting for someone to make a really solid Privateer-like game but Star Citizen is the closest thing I've seen in years, and it's in perpetual milk-as-much-money-as-possible-out-of-gullible-nerds alpha

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

so who keeps anchoring these oversized POS content balloons that are making PL log in? because they're being pretty dumb about it.

Unless it's a long-term ruse to snatch a random titan trying to solo an onlining citadel.

This one was us. They didn't actually manage to kill them all - I'm not sure if they didn't find the others, or just didn't have the ability to hit the others but didn't tell reddit about them.

Puskarich
Nov 26, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

Alot of I-Red wound up merging into 404, who we're now blue to. They've chilled alot and fly some actual fun brawling comps with us and we get access to the suba pipe for pve stuff. Its all good times.

Pretty much all the old groups from even 2-3 years ago moved out or died due to syndicate being a content desert. Rote is still alive and shooting stuff in querious though.

CAS is still around sometimes too.

It's mostly CFC refugees in synd learning how to smallgang and its fantastic. MBC is following them, but they're learning that you can't actually kick people out of NPC null.

It feels really weird rooting for init and rzr.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Apparently Horde is going all in on Fade - they're abandoning their sov in Querious entirely and moving the whole corp into the North.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

evilweasel posted:

This one was us. They didn't actually manage to kill them all - I'm not sure if they didn't find the others, or just didn't have the ability to hit the others but didn't tell reddit about them.

I don't think they're super important enough to matter really (in before 'goalposts'). Mediums are really just a temporarily :airquote: safe :airquote: place to cyno, improved cloning and free repairs (unless you plan on upgrading them).

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

LemonDrizzle posted:

Apparently Horde is going all in on Fade - they're abandoning their sov in Querious entirely and moving the whole corp into the North.

"The goons Did A Thing years ago and won - we need to Do The Same Thing so we will win!"

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Helicon One posted:

"The goons Did A Thing years ago and won - we need to Do The Same Thing so we will win!"

Horde had to move out of Querious regardless because the Alliance is now too big to ever move back without having to claim more space and cause friction with allies.

And to be fair Fade is a much better place to live anyway.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Fade is like half the size of Querious :confused:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fade for Horde is like one system

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Helicon One posted:

Fade is like half the size of Querious :confused:

Horde didn't have all of Querious, it had two constellations or so.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Actually I hadn't thought about the cynos, can the tethering feature allow you safe cyno supers like the old cyno inside the pos days?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

Actually I hadn't thought about the cynos, can the tethering feature allow you safe cyno supers like the old cyno inside the pos days?

Not until tethering gives bumping protection. Then, yes.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Goatman Sacks posted:

Technically yes, you can still be bumped before :ccp: fixes it, but- it's safe enough to warp to a safe POS.

It'll take a few good bumpers 5+ minutes to bump a super off even a medium (source: white legion and last night).

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Querious wouldn't have been much of an issue as they could have taken a few of the connecting systems/constellations between the two constellations they current hold.

Fade is also smaller than what would have had if they did it, but I imagine building two citadels up there they want to commit. Not sure if its the greatest idea or not given Fade's lack of connection to an empire system but v0v.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zephyrine posted:

And to be fair Fade is a much better place to live anyway.

lol

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm guessing you can't safe log while tethered?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Unfunny Poster posted:

Fade is also smaller than what would have had if they did it, but I imagine building two citadels up there they want to commit. Not sure if its the greatest idea or not given Fade's lack of connection to an empire system but v0v.
Does a direct connection actually matter? O1Y is within JF range of lowsec, so they should be OK for supplying themselves.

Goatman Sacks posted:

AFAIK, logging while tethered is functionally equivalent to safe logging.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

I'm pretty sure you can- but parking a super on a medium is only slightly less retarded than putting a titan in a small POS (until that bump thing gets fixed ofc, but even then it's a pretty bad idea).

Xolve fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 11, 2016

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I saw a waffe astrahus last night in a system I wouldn't expect to - one of my occasional cyno midpoints. I remember thinking "Huh. Well guess I'm an idiot then."

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LemonDrizzle posted:

Does a direct connection actually matter? O1Y is within JF range of lowsec, so they should be OK for supplying themselves.

AFAIK, logging while tethered is functionally equivalent to safe logging.

Well I was always a proponent of having systems be connected to Lowsec as it makes it easier for brand new players to reach the main staging. HED, 93PI, W-4, & A2- all had that benefit which was part of the reasoning we took those systems (or in the case of 93PI worked to try and take it).

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

What kind of dog is that? That's the kind I want

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Unfunny Poster posted:

Well I was always a proponent of having systems be connected to Lowsec as it makes it easier for brand new players to reach the main staging. HED, 93PI, W-4, & A2- all had that benefit which was part of the reasoning we took those systems (or in the case of 93PI worked to try and take it).

Yeah but those pipes end up being permacamped by dudes like Darwinism anyways.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

What kind of dog is that? That's the kind I want

Looks like a St. Bernard (coloring, ears, face)

Xolve fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 11, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Looks like a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy to me.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

vyst posted:

Looks like a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy to me.

I think you're right.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Google adult ones those fuckers are the cutest puppies but they turn into bears when they are grown.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

:stare:

Evewise:

This Interceptor chasing Interceptors thing is by far the most boring thing I have done in Eve.

Slightly more boring than the early war "chasing destroyers with battlecruisers" Because at least then there was a chance that someone was caught in a bubble.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 11, 2016

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

vyst posted:

Google adult ones those fuckers are the cutest puppies but they turn into bears when they are grown.

Yeah, I didn't even know they existed until you mentioned them.

My god they're huge.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Xolve posted:

Yeah, I didn't even know they existed until you mentioned them.

My god they're huge.

Definitely want one if I get more of a yard at my next place :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Helicon One posted:

Is this where we start pulling out the accusations of horde being a cargo cult?

• Locked thread