Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

GAH

finding unintentionally hideous chars is half the fun of fishing

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

My witch is beautiful and I'm thinking of getting the character appearance pass to alter all of my other characters to have a similar "I survived anime nam" face

As I had mentioned yesterday, I'd be more likely to play barbie if I could mix and match outfits for the set bonus. I like that outfit, but I don't necessarily want to have a pirate hat on all the time, either.
Given that the game doesn't list what things go into a particular set (other than going off names), I don't even know if the weapon 'costumes' set bonus requires the actual outfit set as well, and I'm certainly not going to fork out money to find out the hard way.

Would be nice if there were slight variations between how the outfit looks for the different classes, but I've probably been spoiled by Blade & Soul in this regard. And the curse of the Korean obsession for high heel shoes on everything female continues.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Soon my dumb gimmick build will be complete

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

Soon my dumb gimmick build will be complete

Didn't accuracy offhands get a pretty massive buff in korea recently? You might want to take that into account if you're doing evasion as a gimmick. I'm already starting to enhance an accuracy offhand to use on my sorc when they port the change over.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

sushibandit posted:

Didn't accuracy offhands get a pretty massive buff in korea recently? You might want to take that into account if you're doing evasion as a gimmick. I'm already starting to enhance an accuracy offhand to use on my sorc when they port the change over.

I'm already running the accuracy offhand on my sorc, this is good to hear

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sushibandit posted:

He's doing the damage reduction/DP gimmick I think :q:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

sushibandit posted:

Haha look at this guy, hey you better make sure your gimmick is functional and not a gimmick

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Functional gimmick > nonfunctional gimmick.

:colbert:

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Time to switch back to my witch. Plum was fun but it's god drat annoying in pvp to have the target rubberband behind me when I stun them.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Time to switch back to my witch. Plum was fun but it's god drat annoying in pvp to have the target rubberband behind me when I stun them.

What's even more fun is rubberbanding back into a wiz/witch stun/lightning/ult after you've visibly escaped it and have max pvp stun res but get stunned 100% of the time even against people with steel daggers that are 3-4 levels lower than u.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

What's even more fun is rubberbanding back into a wiz/witch stun/lightning/ult after you've visibly escaped it and have max pvp stun res but get stunned 100% of the time even against people with steel daggers that are 3-4 levels lower than u.

I've gotten two full chases off before rubberbanding back into a giant's grab. I don't know how you guys play melee in pvp.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Hy_C posted:

Musa/Maewha commentary seems like a lot of "it's fun, but"

Hy_C posted:

I've gotten two full chases off before rubberbanding back into a giant's grab. I don't know how you guys play melee in pvp.

If this is normal, I won't. I just buckled down on starting to level my sorceress so I have at least one 50, but I have a horse wizard on the backburner that I will happily switch to rather than deal with that kind of nonsense.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 11, 2016

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

From what I hear, sorc is actually one of the few classes that mostly positively benefits from desync. Since you're technically dodging around in iframes all the time, it's very hard for people to grab you in the spare moment the server thinks you're stationary.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Hy_C posted:

I play a ranger :whitewater:

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Clocks posted:

From what I hear, sorc is actually one of the few classes that mostly positively benefits from desync. Since you're technically dodging around in iframes all the time, it's very hard for people to grab you in the spare moment the server thinks you're stationary.

I've had full on animations of shotgun go off right into people that are standing still from point blank range and it completely misses. I have a +15 tier 2 bronze dagger too so I know I'm not failing a hit roll or anything. Good wizards are drat near just as wiley as sorcs, and they can jump around for free.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

I've had full on animations of shotgun go off right into people that are standing still from point blank range and it completely misses. I have a +15 tier 2 bronze dagger too so I know I'm not failing a hit roll or anything. Good wizards are drat near just as wiley as sorcs, and they can jump around for free.

Yeah, unfortunately the servers are pretty poo poo (hell, they took the valencia channels down but serendia o2 has been broken for a couple days now). Russia actually had node wars released before they got Mediah but we don't have anything yet because it's so bad. And for some reason the servers are in california even though I think texas is usually a standard choice for NA servers. :rip:

But yeah, I think desync is bad for every class in various ways, it's just most noticeable for grabby classes like zerker that depend on that move going off.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does anyone else get 30 FPS and stuttering despite having wonderful hardware?

Of course it is worse in towns but not in a significant way.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

Do you have an Nvidia? I had a problem like this until I rolled back my driver, but I am not sure if their latest driver has fixed the issue I was experiencing or not.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I've been getting 15-25 FPS when the game is running in the foreground, but when I focus another window or application, the FPS go up to 60 in the background.

I'll try rolling back to see if it helps at all.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

You may need more memory. I have 16gb and I regularly see Black Desert consuming half of that... I have no idea why. This happens even when it's running in the system tray. I had to kill it during the Overwatch beta because I would get intermittent stuttering and performance drops while it was minimized, and I'm preeeetty sure the problem wasn't OW

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

What is your wonderful hardware?

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I had this as well on my 970 & 6700k.. I'd get 3-4 seconds of terrible frame stutter.

I think what fixed mine was making the BDO launcher XP SP3 compatibility mode.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

You may need more memory. I have 16gb and I regularly see Black Desert consuming half of that... I have no idea why. This happens even when it's running in the system tray. I had to kill it during the Overwatch beta because I would get intermittent stuttering and performance drops while it was minimized, and I'm preeeetty sure the problem wasn't OW

Maybe this is why I haven't noticed issues on my ancient i7-920... running 12GB for ages.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Evil_Greven posted:

Maybe this is why I haven't noticed issues on my ancient i7-920... running 12GB for ages.

Yeah, I'm on the same CPU/GPU config as the post before yours and I don't get stutter, but I've got 32GB of memory.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
i5-2500k/16GB/gtx 980 and I get hella stutter but I'm running it at 2k res

Also +15 my yuria :toot:

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
I suck at pvp, and even though I have +15d gear, PRI outlaw ring, MOS, Witch Ears, etc, I still get wrecked.
Im tired of the grind. I guess I'm not cut out for korean grindfest MMOs. =(

rip slaw

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

LordAdakos posted:

I suck at pvp, and even though I have +15d gear, PRI outlaw ring, MOS, Witch Ears, etc, I still get wrecked.
Im tired of the grind. I guess I'm not cut out for korean grindfest MMOs. =(

rip slaw

Your gear seems fine. It's better than mine if you're in full 15's. Sounds like you just need more practice. Lewtt is going to have a Fight Club for people to have a place to practice and learn this Saturday (I think).

J
Jun 10, 2001

I'm a bit confused on gearing, from a PvE standpoint. On my berserker I'm currently at 102 AP and 161 DP. This is with 2 marks, and 2 witches earrings, +15 ultimate yuria axe, +5 AP topaz neck, +3 AP belt, and a saiyer knot offhand. Improving DP is easy enough, not all my armor is even +15 yet, then I need to upgrade it to ultimate, so that's fine. But AP and accuracy I'm a bit confused about. Everyone says to go saiyer knot, but I think that is with pvp in mind. If I'm not grinding purple mobs, do I really need the DP and accuracy from the saiyer offhand? I want more AP to kill poo poo faster and it seems my avenues for improving AP are all expensive (pri accessories, better belt, ogre ring, liverto/kzarka weapon.) Even if I improved all the accessories, that would be about a +15 AP gain, which would put me at 117 which is still low compared to numbers I hear other people throwing around. The offhand looks like a solid place to improve it by switching to an AP offhand but am I missing something here?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I'm getting to the point that I'm going to finish +15 my gear in the coming week(s) but my accessories I've done a great job ignoring. I'm rocking pri bares/good deed items but I imagine as a warrior I need to do something else.

What I do?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Anyone still have a free guest pass code, or know where I can obtain one?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

UchihaHirou posted:

If you can wait a few hours, I can PM you one.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

UchihaHirou posted:

I got the last one so far, just keep a beady eye ...
cool, Inzombiac

Edit : 32 gig, jesus. 10 hours.....

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

staberind posted:

I got the last one so far, just keep a beady eye ...
cool, Inzombiac

Edit : 32 gig, jesus. 10 hours.....

I cannot parse this post.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

I cannot parse this post.

I started to reply, then noticed your post, and just went with it.

then noticed how big the game download was and commented on it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

staberind posted:

I started to reply, then noticed your post, and just went with it.

then noticed how big the game download was and commented on it.

Please take a nap an sober up. We can't have you making a scene at yet another Xmas dinner.

CyanEyed
Mar 3, 2015

May have caused trouble for goontang today.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

CyanEyed posted:

May have caused trouble for goontang today.

They are badly geared, as bad as me. Also I switched back to plum because I hate myself and it's just more fun in pve than a wizard. Maybe I should try a tamer like bigbo or maybe a valk.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Hy_C posted:

They are badly geared, as bad as me. Also I switched back to plum because I hate myself and it's just more fun in pve than a wizard. Maybe I should try a tamer like bigbo or maybe a valk.

How much do you like shields and throwing them?

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Hy_C posted:

Tamer was a fun distraction for a couple days, but Plum was and is way more fun

Also have some Plum Awakening gifs

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/83959-maehwa-awakening-skillsgifs-gif-heavy/

Looks pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Tamer was a fun distraction for a couple days, but Plum was and is way more fun

Also have some Plum Awakening gifs

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/83959-maehwa-awakening-skillsgifs-gif-heavy/

Looks pretty good

I was looking at these earlier. Time to grind.

Probad posted:

How much do you like shields and throwing them?

I figured with a stun every 8 seconds followed by huge burst the class should be fun in pvp.