Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
I really dislike that Ken run pressure works as well as it does as a byproduct of massive input delay as opposed to something I did through my own effort. It doesn't feel like I earned it, TBH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have two monitors and Birdie's CA just made my game go black for a second, then change resolutions, then move to the other screen and go back full screen. I've never seen a game do that before.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

apple posted:

I really dislike that Ken run pressure works as well as it does as a byproduct of massive input delay as opposed to something I did through my own effort. It doesn't feel like I earned it, TBH.

SFV, it's the play like an rear end in a top hat edition of street fighter

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

WHAT. IS. THIS. HORSESHIT?

Why does Vega's st.lk have this hurtbox?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

WHAT. IS. THIS. HORSESHIT?

Why does Vega's st.lk have this hurtbox?

Thats not a hurtbox, it's the proximity block.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Booyah- posted:

Thats not a hurtbox, it's the proximity block.

Oh, I thought that was the whiff hurtbox.
I guess I'm dumb then.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Goetta posted:

I have two monitors and Birdie's CA just made my game go black for a second, then change resolutions, then move to the other screen and go back full screen. I've never seen a game do that before.

Birdie has a good shimmy

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

NecroMonster posted:

SFV, it's the play like an rear end in a top hat edition of street fighter

no thats st

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

This game has gotten really bad. I've been trying to get at least one ranked win in each time I sit down to play, and that hasn't been a problem in the past. But tonight, it will only match me (bronze) against a laggy super silver R. Mika. I cannot react to anything (not sure that a human could with the lag). After 5 times against this same player I just gave up. It's worse than when I went 1-30 or whatever on launch; at least then I knew here and there I'd run into somebody equally bad and have a close match with some shot at winning.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Zand posted:

there arent enough players to match you up with newbies because this game is dead. if you feel like you're not learning anything thats on you... this game has a wealth of options for learning. a training mode with a record function and replays. the tools are there and have been since launch.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I want to like SFV. I REALLY want to like it, since it's the only (alive) fighting game series that I ever liked, but the game is such a loving mess right now, both technically and on the mechanical level. I can't help but sigh every time I try to play it.
Just having a re-release of USF4 with prettier graphics would've been much better than this.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Trades posted:

I want to like SFV. I REALLY want to like it, since it's the only (alive) fighting game series that I ever liked, but the game is such a loving mess right now, both technically and on the mechanical level. I can't help but sigh every time I try to play it.
Just having a re-release of USF4 with prettier graphics would've been much better than this.

same except i like guilty gear and people play it so at least i have that when kof 14 flops so i guess rip all you non-anime likers

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pomp posted:

same except i like guilty gear and people play it so at least i have that when kof 14 flops so i guess rip all you non-anime likers

I would at least try to play Xrd if it wasn't dead on PC. Hell, Melty Blood has 3 times the players Xrd has on PC.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Trades posted:

I would at least try to play Xrd if it wasn't dead on PC. Hell, Melty Blood has 3 times the players Xrd has on PC.

the rev demo killed sign

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the demo that has more single player content than sfv

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jack Trades posted:

This is a sign. Play Melty Blood.

Also watch this: https://www.livecap.tv/t/capcomfighters/uHICDIN4Guf

Dias fucked around with this message at 10:29 on May 12, 2016

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Oh, I thought that was the whiff hurtbox.
I guess I'm dumb then.

If you want to get your outrage back, take a look at the claw-on whiff hurtboxes on st. mp and cr. mp.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Bet I'm the only one in this thread who been playing for over a century :smug:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I hate this goddamn game. Come out with characters I want to play.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Firstborn posted:

I hate this goddamn game. Come out with characters I want to play.

SfV will deliver, in the form of a monkey's paw wish.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

I played some ranked last night for the first time in a while and I had a pretty good time! I was matched with people at and above my level, which was a nice mix. Also, I saw some of the idiot players that made it to 3000LP by jumping constantly (whom I of course lost to anyway and I got real salty). Lag was under control too.

I acknowledge that my matchmaking experience is probably the exception here, since the player pool is much larger and more active in the west coast then most places.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

the demo that has more single player content than sfv

I got through all of SFV's story modes at launch in the same time it takes me to see one arcade ending in Rev, lol.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

SfV will deliver, in the form of a monkey's paw wish.

Alright monkey's paw, I want Urien and NO I don't want any ZOMBIE Urien, I don't want him to have a new, useless command throw to replace his chariot tackle, or his aegis reflector being a v-skill that reflects one projectile and then fizzles out

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay, you get no Aegis Reflector, Chariot Tackle is - 7 on block and has 6 frames of start and its comboability is severely limited, and his projectile needs ex to change direction.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Night Blade posted:

Alright monkey's paw, I want Urien and NO I don't want any ZOMBIE Urien, I don't want him to have a new, useless command throw to replace his chariot tackle, or his aegis reflector being a v-skill that reflects one projectile and then fizzles out

ha ha, reflector is totally going to be a once per match 3-bar v-trigger backed up by a vskill you can't use.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
http://www.redbull.com/us/en/esports/stories/1331793876499/input-latency-is-affecting-street-fighter-v

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evo is gonna be cool, when Infil wins with Nash and never loses another match simply because he can dash.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Thanks for the input regarding how to avoid burnout. hosed around some in casual, went 0-8 or whatever against a bunch of randoms. Goddamn I am bad at this game. I don't know if I'll be able to find a local scene around here but I guess I can give it a shot on meetup or something like that. Ryu is The Street Fighter.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's simple, just ban nash from the cpt

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Nash dash into throw may as well be a kara grab with amazing range, I can't react to it in a match on PC with no v-sync.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Y'all being burned out should stop loving playing ranked OR casual. Just set up a 1v1 lobby with FT10 or FT5's until you find players around your level, or players that are better than you but close enough that you're learning after every match.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I actually did learn a bunch from getting my rear end beaten. Playing Ryu super aggressively actually worked out really well and I almost managed to beat a mika player who was silly as gently caress with throws. That red bull article about the input lag was absolutely on the money about kens being really hard to catch with a counter and how everyone is really predisposed to jump-ins.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im having trouble playing rashid. Im getting in and doing work but i cant seal the deal against characters with above average health. Why is he so loving weak, capcom?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Good.......Good....

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Night Blade posted:

Good.......Good....

The Winner Stays on Twitter trying to defend SFV is pretty hilarious

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

S.J. posted:

The Winner Stays on Twitter trying to defend SFV is pretty hilarious

"People have used input lag as an excuse, therefore the article is invalid :smug:"

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Jack Trades posted:

Pomp posted:

the rev demo killed sign

I still get matches online. It's not entirely dead, but it's on life support. There's a few of us holding down the fort.

I feel weird coming into the SF thread and preaching Xrd, but I've seen a few people in the thread post about how it's a scary game for people new to FGs. Well, I'm a dumbass who picked it to learn as my first fighting game (approximately 2 months ago) and I survived. It's a cool as heck game!!!! I'm not entirely convinced it's harder to learn than SF because of any reason other than player base size.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 12, 2016

Danny Glover
Nov 7, 2011

attackmole posted:

I still get matches online. It's not entirely dead, but it's on life support. There's a few of us holding down the fort.

Yeah, I can pretty easily find matches during prime time on the east coast. Granted, it's usually the same people that are on every night but at least it's not completely dead

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Let's say they do address the input lag and bring it down to something more reasonable. In the case of dashes, will this hurt the roster equally or will slower dashing characters be effected harder by the change? It's my understanding that slower dashers struggle more as it is (for reasons other than dashing I believe), but I'm not sure if making dashes easier to react to will improve or diminish the over-all game plan for them without adjusting their individual dashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Lothire posted:

Let's say they do address the input lag and bring it down to something more reasonable. In the case of dashes, will this hurt the roster equally or will slower dashing characters be effected harder by the change? It's my understanding that slower dashers struggle more as it is (for reasons other than dashing I believe), but I'm not sure if making dashes easier to react to will improve or diminish the over-all game plan for them without adjusting their individual dashes.

A lot of little things would change but I don't think the game would be shaken up all that much. Nash and Ken get a little worse and defensive play gets a little better. The slowest dashing characters include Fang, Dictator, Birdie and Gief, who I don't think are really hampered by their dashes being a little slower. Gief is already a struggle to approach people with and his dash is reactable(25f!!). Fang's dash is nothing special and can use his command roll to approach and mixup, Dictator turns invincible and invisible during his, Birdie maybe wins out overall in a more defensive environment even if he can't do EX dive for free anymore.

Its worth pointing out that even if the lag is significant, doing dash up grab with Nash will still be effective because of his deceptive animation. Gameplans won't really change, just the bad poo poo everyone knows shouldn't work will stop working as much if people can now react.