Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

We ran through... Carn Dum or For something last time for Ed's sake and then Blondii took us to see some spectacular sights. So that was cool. I've started re-leveling up a 29 RK in hopes of running her through Trollshaws and MIsty Mountains. I'm currently in Oatbarton or whatever in Evendim to get up to the minimum level, but I'm gonna push straight into the Shaws at 30 if anyone is similarly leveled and wants to group around there.

It was Sammuth Gul :colbert: and it was pretty alright. I still need to do the Warg Pens or Dol Goldur Dungeons for a quest, so we should run that sometime.

And I enjoyed climbing mountains not meant to be climbed, and exploring the textureless wastes and riding through the featureless, starlit voids:

And it's fun to poke around into odd corners and find, uh, whatever this is:

And lest we forget how lovely this game is, despite its age:

Prism posted:

Huh. This thread is hopping again. Maybe it's time to come back to the game and

:yikes:

It's always time to go back to Middle Earth, friend! I recommend :siren:Saturday, May 14th, at 2 PM PST/5 PM EST/10 PM GMT!:siren: when I, Edheladan, will be bumbling around Rohan if no one is on to give me anything better to do. I apologize for missing last week; REAL LIFE interfered with my elf hobbies.

I'll even come along on an ill-fated raid and die repeatedly to content I'm too low-level for if people really want to see Hobo get the axe. I think he's doin' alright, but whatevs, it's all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archaicnoise
Feb 25, 2011

flowinprose posted:

Nobody has to add you, its a public group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thenazgun

I don't use steam groups often. Am I allowed to post an announcement without admin status?

Litany Unheard posted:

some cool pictures

Dang. Are you running this on ultra? What a good fireworks screenshot.

Turbine is still Turbine, but the new featured instances are helping to breathe a little life into play at the level cap. Haven't had any trouble running content in the past three weeks.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

FailPirate posted:

I don't use steam groups often. Am I allowed to post an announcement without admin status?

Unfortunately it appears not? At least as a regular member I don't have the ability to as far as I can tell.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

flowinprose posted:

Unfortunately it appears not? At least as a regular member I don't have the ability to as far as I can tell.

Yeah it looks like to create events or post announcements you need to at least be a moderator. A regular member can post comments or start a discussion thread.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Evil Fluffy posted:

So is Turbine still running a skeleton crew on Lotro so they can siphon off its profit to waste on other projects or did they actually realize they should put more money in to a game that supposedly brought in 104 million dollars in 2014?

This is a fair post, though they are seriously p good at creating content with the skeleton crew. The second I saw that super hero moba trailer I said 'it's too ugly and laggy to even compete with league, and too simple and boring to compete with dota' and it went offline in like four months.

The only good to come of it is I think the next non-LoTR project they did after that was some 10 dollar budget cell phone game, I would imagine they'll keep throwing some money at LoTRO and have learned their lesson. Shadow of Mordor did so well I imagine even if they keep being dickheads to LoTRO, they will very likely fund another major Middle-Earth game in the next couple of years Just guessing.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Litany Unheard posted:

It was Sammuth Gul :colbert: and it was pretty alright. I still need to do the Warg Pens or Dol Goldur Dungeons for a quest, so we should run that sometime.

It's always time to go back to Middle Earth, friend! I recommend :siren:Saturday, May 14th, at 2 PM PST/5 PM EST/10 PM GMT!:siren: when I, Edheladan, will be bumbling around Rohan if no one is on to give me anything better to do. I apologize for missing last week; REAL LIFE interfered with my elf hobbies.

I'll even come along on an ill-fated raid and die repeatedly to content I'm too low-level for if people really want to see Hobo get the axe. I think he's doin' alright, but whatevs, it's all good.

OH right Sammuth Gul. So many weird names... That was fun. I don't think I'll be able to make Saturday this week or for the next few, we've got house guests and then some vacation and etc. But yeah it's a good standard time to have sitting around and for running into people.

extra stout posted:

This is a fair post, though they are seriously p good at creating content with the skeleton crew. The second I saw that super hero moba trailer I said 'it's too ugly and laggy to even compete with league, and too simple and boring to compete with dota' and it went offline in like four months.

The only good to come of it is I think the next non-LoTR project they did after that was some 10 dollar budget cell phone game, I would imagine they'll keep throwing some money at LoTRO and have learned their lesson. Shadow of Mordor did so well I imagine even if they keep being dickheads to LoTRO, they will very likely fund another major Middle-Earth game in the next couple of years Just guessing.

Incidentally, the Sil and stuff of that nature (The Tale of Hurin) are completely and utterly forever off the table right? I feel like all it takes is the outside world to remember that Tolkien is a thing for them to come back to the game.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

100YrsofAttitude posted:

OH right Sammuth Gul. So many weird names... That was fun. I don't think I'll be able to make Saturday this week or for the next few, we've got house guests and then some vacation and etc. But yeah it's a good standard time to have sitting around and for running into people.

Incidentally, the Sil and stuff of that nature (The Tale of Hurin) are completely and utterly forever off the table right? I feel like all it takes is the outside world to remember that Tolkien is a thing for them to come back to the game.

"The film and merchandise rights for The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings were sold by J.R.R. Tolkien in 1969, and are currently owned by Middle-earth Enterprises (formerly Tolkien Enterprises), a company that was controlled by Saul Zaentz."

The weird thing about this is I would think Christopher Tolkien would be constantly trying to score a big sale on The Silmarillion or The Children of Hurin, or any other text before he dies. And yet it seems like all contracts ever involve the Saul Zaentz Tolkien Estate, with Christopher just doing interviews saying that the thing sucks and they should give him some more money for his approval. Either the demand for merch for The Silmarillion and The Children of Hurin isn't there, or for whatever reason Christopher does not have the rights or ability to license it.

I heard a rumor about Shadow of Mordor 2 being developed, which wouldn't surprise me at all. While I love LoTR eventually the content will all be milked dry for video games and movies. I would think even after Shadow of Mordor 2 or whatever it ends up called comes out, another quirky 'dark' spin off still legally based on The Hobbit or LoTR is likely.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

extra stout posted:

"The film and merchandise rights for The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings were sold by J.R.R. Tolkien in 1969, and are currently owned by Middle-earth Enterprises (formerly Tolkien Enterprises), a company that was controlled by Saul Zaentz."

The weird thing about this is I would think Christopher Tolkien would be constantly trying to score a big sale on The Silmarillion or The Children of Hurin, or any other text before he dies. And yet it seems like all contracts ever involve the Saul Zaentz Tolkien Estate, with Christopher just doing interviews saying that the thing sucks and they should give him some more money for his approval. Either the demand for merch for The Silmarillion and The Children of Hurin isn't there, or for whatever reason Christopher does not have the rights or ability to license it.

Christopher Tolkien isn't interested in making money selling out his father's legacy. The Tolkien Estate absolutely controls the rights to the non-Lotr & Hobbit properties (texts edited and published by Christopher).

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I think The Silmarillion and The Children of Hurin is a bit too grimdark for mainstream cinema.

Sure, there are great heroes and some highlights but it would require a lot of editing to create a trilogy script suitable for a wide audience.

The only stories with a happy end are probably Beren and Lúthien (which is kinda bitter-sweet) and Eärendil and Elwing (which is mostly "Please Valar help us, cause everything is hosed now"). And I don't even want to think about Túrin Turambar, a non-stop ride of Eleos and Phobos.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 12, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Peter Jackson rewrote LotR start to finish (and The Hobbit only slightly less so), so that's not a stumbling block tbh.

Hollywood trips over itself for any brand recognition it can make "inspired by" stories from.

Christopher Tolkien has no interest in "a big payday before he dies" that would see the works he has control over twisted into another action movie/videogame glorifying war and violence.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

And as a fan of the stuff I wouldn't wish that on the material. It's wonderful stuff and I do feel it could be presented wonderfully via another medium, but yeah it can't be a slug-fest, so that'd never happen.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Hammerstein posted:

I think The Silmarillion and The Children of Hurin is a bit too grimdark for mainstream cinema.

Sure, there are great heroes and some highlights but it would require a lot of editing to create a trilogy script suitable for a wide audience.

The only stories with a happy end are probably Beren and Lúthien (which is kinda bitter-sweet) and Eärendil and Elwing (which is mostly "Please Valar help us, cause everything is hosed now"). And I don't even want to think about Túrin Turambar, a non-stop ride of Eleos and Phobos.

I agree The Silmarillion would be almost impossible to turn into a film. It requires the budget of...those people that couldn't turn The Hobbit into a simple enjoyable film.

The Children of Hurin would make the best loving movie ever, I agree the only thing stopping it would be that they'd have to distance it from LoTR and especially The Hobbit, costing them a lot of money, which means they'd just pull a Hobbit on it and loving change it all.

edit

Ok to talk about the video game a bit: I have no idea if they did a little loot tweaking or if I just got freakishly lucky, ran a Silent Street group again that in 5 kills got 4 pieces of armor, 5 starlit crystals and maybe 7 essence.

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hi! My name is Titus82 I'm sorry, I just lied to you, my name is not Titus82 :(, you might remember me from that time I said something in kin chat and you were like "who the gently caress is Drachenfutter?" And you looked me up and then thought "who the gently caress is Titus82?" I had a few thoughts that I wanted to share with you all.

:siren: Disclaimer!: I have not logged in for at least a month :siren:

There are a few things that have really stuck out at me and I thought maybe I could point them out, in an effort to help facilitate this discussion.

FailPirate posted:

Christ. Again, every time I've said "I want the leadership to change so we can get non-goons into the kin", I've been completely ignored...

Yep, and part of the reason for this is that you and Extra Stout are not serving your own argument well by putting in some person stuff and clouding the issue. Previously Hoboknife has been referred to as a mental case/nut job, ect. It might be difficult for him, or any outside observers, to focus on what you feel is your main point due to stuff like that. Or starting this whole thing off with a sentence such as this:

extra stout posted:

Also Oxphocker/Hoboknife if you are still around: Please do not melt down from this but...

Stuff like that has a tendency to put people on the defensive, and if Hoboknife is a nutjob it certainly isn't going to help matters. I mean you just don't tell a crazy person to "not be crazy", that tends to make them act more crazy, not less.

But I'm not saying Hoboknife is crazy. The one time we talked in kin chat he was very nice to me and that's my only impression of the guy.

extra stout posted:

Also I'm not going to post names because I have PMs of people saying 'that guy is loving mental and I don't want him contacting me'...

I include this only because this is kind of weak and only adds to insult him. I get you and others are obviously upset at the management of the kin, I have no idea if you are right or not, and I hope it doesn't come off like I am trying to take sides... I just think that if your aim is to change a few things about the kin then stating stuff like that isn't going to help your ultimate goal. Sure you get to express yourself frustration, but... gently caress it, you know what I am talking about.

Oxphocker posted:

All I'm hearing is bitching.

That's because you are not listening? Look:

FailPirate posted:

If someone else were to become leader, we'd be able to add new members that aren't goons and run some content with the influx of players we've gotten from the server merge.

That is the message in a nutshell. I would ask if it is true that a new leader is needed for this, because I do not recall Hoboknife ever addressing the issue of inviting of non-goons in the kin. Perhaps my reading comprehension is bad or my memory is poo poo.

So... What about it, Hoboknife? Are you against including non-goons in Nazgun? Are other goons for or against it?

I'll say this for myself: I may not have logged on in a month, but I still plan on playing LOTRO, I love the game, but am a very slow leveler. Mostly because I am an altoholic and have one of every class that I want to play at various times. But I also would love to have some people, when I am around, to play some stuff that most pubbies don't want a non-level 100 around for, such as the Epic Battles. I have thought about joining another kin with some of my alts, none of whom are part of Nazgun (because I am lazy.) So I like the idea of more people in the kin.

But honestly my opinion shouldn't mean poo poo because I hardly play.

TLDR: STOP FIGHTING MOM AND DAD!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
LOTRO is generally a chill game with chill people who like to chill.

As I said earlier, if we want non-goons in, I'm all for it, if we want to merge into a different chill guild, I'm all for it.

I really just want chill people to green text chat with. Maybe do some grouping when I get back to LOTRO (although I'm back in EQ for now).

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Even though I think half of your post is more of the same poo poo from people who haven't played this game for nine years and defend the guy just because it feels like the safer, more friendly option to do regardless of if you actually have any clue about what the guy has done to the kin, I will say I remember you well Drachenfutter, I'm the dude who sends you loads of free junk in the mail. PERSONAL CHALLENGE TO HOBO MUZT BE MET ON THE NIGHT OF A FULL MOON: Give out about 4,000 gold worth of gear and gold to Nazgun in a single year to earn the title of Not-Denethor.

He is friendly in game because he is playing the role of leader for a half hour a week, he enjoys this. He challenged us to make a new goon raid group, so one of us did it, and he literally logs in every Saturday exclusively to invite everyone so he can steal the role of leader of the group he challenged another person to make. I believe it's Edheledan who advertised and began the group before Hobo realized someone who isn't him could be in control of a thing if he doesn't log in and hijack it.

Titus/Drachenfutter: Thanks for at least acknowledging he does not listen to criticism. Part of the reason this comes up again is because 12 points are made against him and he replies to the one about raids and ignores the 11 about how many people he kicked from the kin, about how he cannot handle criticism, won't make enough officers, always sets the back up leader to be someone who will immediately give him lead back when he returns again, won't invite 'outsiders', does not play enough to know enough talented players to know who to invite even if he broke his goons only rule. How can you know which kins and players are the best raiders and pvpers if you're not even able to run the end game content on one character?

extra stout fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 12, 2016

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

extra stout posted:

Even though I think half of your post is more of the same poo poo from people who haven't played this game for nine years and defend the guy just because it feels like the safer, more friendly option to do regardless of if you actually have any clue about what the guy has done to the kin

I'm really sorry if you feel that way, dude, I don't mean to upset ya. Clearly, though, there is a lot more poo poo going on.

But I think I just figured out who you are! I knew you weren't in the kin, but I hadn't quite made the connection in my head. I thought you were just some random dude :) I still have the armor I got from you because I like how much it looks, so I keep it to use as an outfit.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Filthy casual chiming in: I don't mind inviting non-goons (goons aren't special though there is something of a shared culture here) but I do oppose inviting a bunch of poopsockers who actually take raiding seriously. I would prefer inviting laid-back chill folk who like to play a hobbit while they hit the pipeweed.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Litany Unheard posted:

Filthy casual chiming in: I don't mind inviting non-goons (goons aren't special though there is something of a shared culture here) but I do oppose inviting a bunch of poopsockers who actually take raiding seriously. I would prefer inviting laid-back chill folk who like to play a hobbit while they hit the pipeweed.

If you voice chat with even the best geared players in the game, very few of them actually think they're important. PVP on the other hand is insane in this game. It's almost like the more Turbine says "PVP has always been a small, not very important weekend warrior hobby for our game" the more the loving PVPers spam the chat about how they're the greatest ever to live 1v1 me mid muthrfukr. Thousands of casual raiders can gear out, but the end game for the Moors/Osgiliath is like 50 dudes with 1 of every single monster class begging people to come fight them.

Titus82 posted:

I'm really sorry if you feel that way, dude, I don't mean to upset ya. Clearly, though, there is a lot more poo poo going on.

But I think I just figured out who you are! I knew you weren't in the kin, but I hadn't quite made the connection in my head. I thought you were just some random dude :) I still have the armor I got from you because I like how much it looks, so I keep it to use as an outfit.

You're fine, let me know once you're playing again and if you need anything. Can't remember which armor that is but if I solo the rift a single time I get like 12 of the best looking/best stats level 48-50 BOEs in the game. It owns for cosmetics, alts and new players.

archaicnoise
Feb 25, 2011

Litany Unheard posted:

I would prefer inviting laid-back chill folk who like to play a hobbit while they hit the pipeweed.

I was considering cherrypicking people out of the steam group to find fun people to play with, but I've met just as many alright people joining parties at night. I never keep any pipeweed in my inventory and it's costing me some good screenshots.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
Personally I'm completely indifferent to having non-goons join the kin. There's been mention of it a couple of times over the years but it was always just a couple of people (typically the ones who were more concerned about rabble rousing and being internet right) as opposed to a general consensus. Historically, it's always been goon only because it was part of the identity and many were against it.

I just checked the steam group, changed some of the settings...all members can post events and announcements. Thought it was set that way to begin with so my bad on that one.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Yeah it's working, I made an event post.

And as for recruiting, at this point the kin could really use some fresh blood, and I don't see a big goon-rush of a game that's a decade old. Going outside goondom to find goonish individuals who are not officially goons may be the best option. The difficult part will be getting them up to speed on the hottest forum memes.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Litany Unheard posted:

Yeah it's working, I made an event post.

And as for recruiting, at this point the kin could really use some fresh blood, and I don't see a big goon-rush of a game that's a decade old. Going outside goondom to find goonish individuals who are not officially goons may be the best option. The difficult part will be getting them up to speed on the hottest forum memes.

My favorite lotro meme of nine years is saying a greeting in the language of whatever race of character I'm on, it was once kickable for doing it in Nazgun but I still do it in /world, a couple months ago I grouped with the Hispania guys (they don't speak much English but are good at the game) and one of the dudes said " i know you....you baruk khazad men" and I felt p cool and good.

Also! Store code of the week is 'soundthehorn', and the new sale is 20 percent off bag slots, and basically all kinds of storage.

https://www.lotro.com/en/lotrostoresale

Oh and 24 hour rotating flash sales all week, this could be fun.

edit

The current flash sale is 35% off Old Anorien, 12 hours left or so. If I'm not mistaken that was the last region before the current Far Anorien? Pretty good stuff. Can't remember if the Osgiliath instances come with that or if they're still part of Helm's Deep.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 13, 2016

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

extra stout posted:

My favorite lotro meme of nine years is saying a greeting in the language of whatever race of character I'm on, it was once kickable for doing it in Nazgun but I still do it in /world, a couple months ago I grouped with the Hispania guys (they don't speak much English but are good at the game) and one of the dudes said " i know you....you baruk khazad men" and I felt p cool and good.

I really like the Hispania kids. I've played with a few of them at times and they're always pretty shocked to find out that I speak Spanish but am not part of the group.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Hammerstein posted:

they are making the Wheel of Time into a TV series. Imo this will be a somewhat good indication of whether or not a Silmarillion series can be successful.

i'm gonna read the drama now

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

extra stout posted:

The current flash sale is 35% off Old Anorien, 12 hours left or so. If I'm not mistaken that was the last region before the current Far Anorien? Pretty good stuff. Can't remember if the Osgiliath instances come with that or if they're still part of Helm's Deep.

Sweet, picked this up. One of the only quest packs I don't already have.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I really like the Hispania kids. I've played with a few of them at times and they're always pretty shocked to find out that I speak Spanish but am not part of the group.

I like that their mere presence inevitably starts a slap fight in world chat about whether or not world chat should be English only.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Litany Unheard posted:

I like that their mere presence inevitably starts a slap fight in world chat about whether or not world chat should be English only.

One of my regrets of not trying an Euro server (besides connection I guess, though that's rarely an issue) is not being to practice my French. If ever I decide to roll an alt for a class I don't currently have or a beorning I may just try that.

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

extra stout posted:

You're fine, let me know once you're playing again and if you need anything. Can't remember which armor that is but if I solo the rift a single time I get like 12 of the best looking/best stats level 48-50 BOEs in the game. It owns for cosmetics, alts and new players.

Aww, I thought we were going to have a brawl, and I would get to challenge you to a write off in Thunderdome. I had it all planned out, we would both write in the style of Tolkein but no fanfic allowed, and the genre we wrote in would be picked by the Judge. So JRR Tolkein style Noir, or Surrealist Horror, or Space Opera.

But no, you have to be REASONABLE.

Dick.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Saw this thread had 43 new replies in 2 1/2 days. Must be drama... yep. I haven't been anything close to "active" since I had kids, but I think those of you that actively play should just find some people that would like to join the Nazgun and bring them in, who gives a gently caress if they're a pubbie or not, this game is 9 years old.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I played LotR up until Mirkwood before stepping back.

I loved the atmosphere and epic story line, but never got a chance to check out any instances outside of Great Barrow/Grand Stair since I was on a low-population server at the time.

How much of the game can be soloed now, and how hard is it to get a group beyond that? I'd love to come back and start a new character (Captain or Warden)...

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

CobiWann posted:

I played LotR up until Mirkwood before stepping back.

I loved the atmosphere and epic story line, but never got a chance to check out any instances outside of Great Barrow/Grand Stair since I was on a low-population server at the time.

How much of the game can be soloed now, and how hard is it to get a group beyond that? I'd love to come back and start a new character (Captain or Warden)...

You can solo 90% of the non-instance content, and groups are usually easy to find. On-level groups for lower level content takes a little longer, but you'll get enough people with a little persistence.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Litany Unheard posted:

You can solo 90% of the non-instance content, and groups are usually easy to find. On-level groups for lower level content takes a little longer, but you'll get enough people with a little persistence.

How far could I solo in instance content at max level? Moria? I have no qualms skipping places like Annuminas or DG if I can come back to them later on. I'm more about getting to max level first and then going back and soaking everything in.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 13, 2016

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

CobiWann posted:

How far could I solo in instance content at max level? Moria? I have no qualms skipping places like Annuminas or DG if I can come back to them later on. I'm more about getting to max level first and then going back and soaking everything in.

Depends on the instance. A lot (all?) of the newer stuff is scalable, and some of the older stuff is too, so you can scale a lot of stuff down to like 50 (or whatever the minimum is depending on the instance), and solo / duo it.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Yeah Moria sounds right. You can solo most Moria instances at max level except for the Watcher fight. Also a lot of instances are scaled now, so you can set them to your level. All the Mirkwood instances scale up to max level, for example.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

So I'm thinking about trying to regain my momentum with this game...I had been playing most actively during Siege of Mirkwood, and was getting really wxcited for Riders of Rohan (preordering, even) when my computer died and it was long enough before I had a computer again that all my momentum was gone. I've futzed around in the early zone of RoR (I think, there were little barbarian villages IIRC?) but I never got as far as warsteeds, for sure.

I know I'm going to have to relearn gambits; have traits and virtues and such changed much since whenever it was RoR came out? Lastly, same question as the last one, but regarding legendary items?

Edit: Wait, hang on. I think it was Rise of Isengard I was in the early regions of. Crap, it's been longer than I thought.

Trebuchet King fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 13, 2016

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
For the next 21 hours as of this post 35 percent off Gift and Blessing of The Valar is the flash sale. Logged in to a 105 so I can't see them, will check on my alt in a bit to see the cost. One is 1-95 and the cheaper one is 50-95. I'm normally against that idea but I keep winning 1600 TP giveaways on twitch and it's really tempting. Having a healbear in the kin would be pretty amazing. I know we're always set on DPS so more heals or a tank would be nice.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wait how do you win TP giveaways? And I'm grinding for them like some sort of chump.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Wait how do you win TP giveaways? And I'm grinding for them like some sort of chump.

After phasing out the website lotteries and the twitter trivia they basically email a few codes a week (1000 points each) to some 'sponsored streamers' who play the game on twitch. Those streamers give them away usually at random on certain nights to all followers who type !enter or whatever the code word is.

A few other people just buy their own turbine point codes and give them away to try to earn more viewers/followers, but that happens less often obviously.

The main channel that Turbine either has Frelorn do previews/Q&As on is;
https://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/profile

Some of the sponsored streamers are:
https://www.twitch.tv/bludborn/profile
https://www.twitch.tv/koolkkyle/profile

Click follow (heart icon I think) and check whatever their schedule is, usually they'll give away a code one night a week.

Just updated the OP to cut out some old content info, add some new content info, and include the twitch links.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 13, 2016

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Trebuchet King posted:

So I'm thinking about trying to regain my momentum with this game...I had been playing most actively during Siege of Mirkwood, and was getting really wxcited for Riders of Rohan (preordering, even) when my computer died and it was long enough before I had a computer again that all my momentum was gone. I've futzed around in the early zone of RoR (I think, there were little barbarian villages IIRC?) but I never got as far as warsteeds, for sure.

I know I'm going to have to relearn gambits; have traits and virtues and such changed much since whenever it was RoR came out? Lastly, same question as the last one, but regarding legendary items?

Edit: Wait, hang on. I think it was Rise of Isengard I was in the early regions of. Crap, it's been longer than I thought.

You were in Dunland, and traits have probably changed a lot since then, though I don't remember when exactly they implemented the current trait tree. If you're a warden use blue line for tanking and red line for DPS. Virtues haven't changed much. Legendaries are probably the same, except for when you hit 100 and can start imbuing, but I've never had a 100+ character so I can't really explain that process.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

CobiWann posted:

I've been inactive for a few months, but at level 100 on my Guardian I was able to solo the majority of the stuff in Moria, with the exception of things like Dar Narbugud and a couple others that are nearly impossible due to the mechanics of the fights. I did several runs on old instances last year to farm up some cool housing trophies and gear to cosmetically equip. Beyond that, there isn't much point in running instances more than once just to experience the content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Well if anyone wants to through an invite to Ceardin, Human Captain, I'm back. I guess.