Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

Thuryl posted:

:confused: You absolutely do get them back after the battle, they're even automatically re-equipped for you
My weapons didn't auto equip but they ended up back in my inventory, I assumed they would 'drop' after battle but they didn't so I assumed they were gone

I soured my gaming experience by being too lazy to look at a menu :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

tenderjerk posted:

My weapons didn't auto equip but they ended up back in my inventory, I assumed they would 'drop' after battle but they didn't so I assumed they were gone

I soured my gaming experience by being too lazy to look at a menu :smith:

At a guess, I would assume you fiddled with your equipment on the in-battle item menu, maybe while checking to see if your weapons were really gone, and in the process either "confirmed" your unequipped state or gave them different weapons, which overwrote the game reequipping them automatically.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Yeah, its fine in most games, but SO5 also has unskippable cutscenes which can make certain parts of the game aggravating. People would probably be okay with it if it had a way to skip the cutscenes.

yeah undertale in particular changes the boss' speeches to significantly shorter stuff like "Ahaha! Back for more?" if you lose to a boss and come back

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

I didn't care for either of these, but that's still neat. More JRPGs on PC is always a good thing.

Endorph posted:

the mobile game is actually pretty decent. it's super budget (the dozen or so male characters have 3 sprites between them, you can construct a party of reused assets) and the little recruitment stories are like a grabbag of valkyrie profile fanfiction - some are too cruel, some are too sweet, some hit the right spot - but the combat is pretty much exactly like VP1 and there's actual additional dialogue from your recruits as you use them in battle and such, kind of like fire emblem supports, which is something valkyrie profile has always sorely needed.

Is there any chance of this getting an English release? I can play Japanese games, but getting Japanese android games is such a hassle sometimes I'd rather just wait.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Bravely Second is pretty fun. Kind of makes me want to finish Bravely Default before going much further. Tried to do just that and forgot I was in one of the chapters to go kill everyone again. I couldn't remember where they all are or the map so stopped that fast.

I like how when the Japanese voices are on in Bravely Second, it sounds like they got a native English voice actor for Magnolia's English lines. If that's the Japanese VA speaking English then I am impressed.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Rascyc posted:

Tried to do just that and forgot I was in one of the chapters to go kill everyone again. I couldn't remember where they all are or the map so stopped that fast.

Do you have the hint pointers turned on? The game is pretty much always 100% with showing you where you need to go/do with those on, so it should be a simple fix.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'll try that next time.

It really is the Japanese voice actress speaking English now that I've played more. She's pretty good at it.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

Rascyc posted:

It really is the Japanese voice actress speaking English now that I've played more. She's pretty good at it.
Magnolia's english exclamations are the only reason I don't skip all the cutscenes tbh

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I hope I can still make horribly broken bombs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxgD7B0CnlE

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

Going by the Steam thread PC gamers are thrilled by very little

I am thrilled that the pinnacle of the JRPG genre and greatest Final Fantasy in the series is finally coming to Steam. That's right folks, it's Final Fantasy X-2. I know you have to say you liked 6 the best in public company, or 12 or 4 because those are the oh-so unconventional cool choices, but search your heart, and you know this to be true. Nothing is better than FFX-2.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Enjoy missing out on 100 percent completion because you neglected to talk that crouching person in a Moogle suit in the first five minutes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I am thrilled that the pinnacle of the JRPG genre and greatest Final Fantasy in the series is finally coming to Steam. That's right folks, it's Final Fantasy X-2. I know you have to say you liked 6 the best in public company, or 12 or 4 because those are the oh-so unconventional cool choices, but search your heart, and you know this to be true. Nothing is better than FFX-2.

13-3 was already on steam

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Enjoy missing out on 100 percent completion because you neglected to talk that crouching person in a Moogle suit in the first five minutes.

The game was meant to be played through several times, which fortunately you will want to do because it is so good!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just want an excuse to say Nooj again.
Noooooooooj.
What a good name.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

tenderjerk posted:

Magnolia's english exclamations are the only reason I don't skip all the cutscenes tbh

ey gently caress you for playing with japanese voices

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

Truth

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

alcharagia posted:

gently caress you if you don't

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Sakurazuka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OblXvO_aH8s

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

the reward for 100% completion is a lovely cutscene that undermines one of the main themes of the game so who cares

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i enjoy the fact that ff10-2 requires you to be an obsessive-compulsive lunatic to get the ending that destroys yuna's character development and ruins the plot of the game, because on a certain level it being so obtuse to get is actually fitting. the only change i would make is calling that one the bad ending because it is, it's objectively the wrong ending

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

alcharagia posted:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

alcharagia posted:

i enjoy the fact that ff10-2 requires you to be an obsessive-compulsive lunatic to get the ending that destroys yuna's character development and ruins the plot of the game, because on a certain level it being so obtuse to get is actually fitting. the only change i would make is calling that one the bad ending because it is, it's objectively the wrong ending

I agree, the regular ending is better anyway and now we have Youtube if you're really curious.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I never wanted Tidus back, I just wanted to get the Mascot dress-sphere.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I never wanted Tidus back, I just wanted to get the Mascot dress-sphere.

You don't need 100% for that though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I played ffx2 like a month ago and it was the same atb system as always

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I wouldn't say the Tidus ending ruins Yuna's character development. She's able to joke with Tidus, laugh with him, even acknowledge that this is probably just a temporary thing as well. Even if he doesn't fade again, one of them will die eventually. She's accepted the impermanence of the relationship.

Compare to FFX, where she cried during their first kiss.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
And then the Blitzball mine happened.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hi you can talk about FF X-2 without mentioning blitzball bomb.

Please

Just once

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Endorph posted:

Compare to FFX, where she cried during their first kiss.

i thought that whole sequence was supposed to be an extremely conservative japanese metaphor for sex

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah, they'd be dancing around in mid-air if they were having sex.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

i thought that whole sequence was supposed to be an extremely conservative japanese metaphor for sex
i don't think it's so much 'an extremely conservative japanese metaphor for sex' as it is 'a metaphor for sex in a game that wants a T rating'

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Are people really arguing about that? Oh wait, it's the internet, I forgot

Jokin aside, I prefer English voices, since I can actually understand them. Nothing is more annoying then needing to have your eyeballs glued to the screen so you can read what is going on. As nice as the Japanese language sounds, I prefer to understand what is going on more than being soothed by nice sounding noise.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Libluini posted:

Jokin aside, I prefer English voices, since I can actually understand them. Nothing is more annoying then needing to have your eyeballs glued to the screen so you can read what is going on.

I, too, do not like reading "words".

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sorry English voices are fine please don't start arguing about it again

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I can't read while I'm also trying to see things!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've been reading subtitles for so long I barely even notice them anymore

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I think it depends on what you're used to, where I live the only foreign thing that's dubbed instead of having subtitles are cartoons for kids who are too young to read.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I am being completely unironic whenI say FFX-2 had the best combat system of all the Final Fantasy games, hands down.

One of the worst stories, mind you.

If they put that combat system into the FF7 remake, I'd buy it, day one, no questions.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Right on all counts, except it also had one of the best stories also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!
FF 10-2 is the best FF to me (I also on't like lightning returns because I kept getting my poo poo wrecked by Gaius and quit playing)