Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Zenithe posted:

I still don't get what this means, other than whoever mentions it is almost exclusively a colossal shithead.

Ironic users are as always excused.

I think it is a term chosen by fuckheads for it's fairly strong negative connotation to refer to the changes in western culture and values towards a more progressive and inclusive society. They've realised you look like a bit of a tool in this day and age if you say 'racism is great or equal rights for women and minorities is a bad thing' so they dress it up a bit and call it cultural marxism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It's based on an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory but I think lots of people who throw it around don't know that.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They could crowdfund that amount, surely?

That's its yearly funding. $100k is a rounding error for the government but it's a huge amount to kickstart every year.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Okay but what if you're Chris Uhlmann? What does it mean then?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Les Affaires posted:

Members of the ReichRight have held for some decades that there is a large conspiracy in western institutions such as universities, schools and the public service to use marxist reasoning to dismantle society, as though this were a deliberate and organised effort rather than the natural tendency of large populations of diverse background to want to remove specific legal and economic markers that serve to create a "favoured group" compared to the rest. In Australia for example, that favoured group would be anybody that is white, male and naturally born here, and usually old, because analysing the social elements that favour them over all other groups and then using this to influence policy and education is apparently a bad thing.

Had it right the first time. It started with the Nazis, Kulturbolschewismus.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The Chinese government doesn't want a bunch of rich market spectators playing chess in the country and forming monopolies that will bail out of the country at the first sight of stagnation.

Blackmores is getting hosed over there too because the baby formula boom is over and Chinese locals are starting to trust local baby formula and milk powder brands again.

The mining boom is over so the last thing we want our agriculture sector doing is going boom hunting and getting hosed and misreading the market.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Negligent posted:

Milkchat is the best chat. I hate discussing whatever new baby Bill Shorten has killed.

I wish Bill Shorten would kill your ability to post

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

I think it is a term chosen by fuckheads for it's fairly strong negative connotation to refer to the changes in western culture and values towards a more progressive and inclusive society. They've realised you look like a bit of a tool in this day and age if you say 'racism is great or equal rights for women and minorities is a bad thing' so they dress it up a bit and call it cultural marxism.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/19/cultural-marxism-a-uniting-theory-for-rightwingers-who-love-to-play-the-victim

pretty much.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I wish Bill Shorten would kill your ability to post

Middlin tier dunk, try being more vicious

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

gay picnic defence posted:

But regardless of the cause of the price cuts, this is going to put a huge number of people out of business and gently caress over rural communities. At the very least there should be some sort of assistance package to help farmers adjust to a new crop or leave the land or something.

There probably will be. There was last time and they've had similar things for other agricultural industries.
http://www.farmweekly.com.au/news/agriculture/agribusiness/general-news/18b-dairy-package-finalised/2329.aspx
https://www.anao.gov.au/work/performance-audit/commonwealths-administration-dairy-industry-adjustment-package

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Can someone buy Negligent an avatar of Bill Shorten with the subtitle: "I know who I'm going to vote for this election. I'm going to put people first."

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

Can someone buy Negligent an avatar of Bill Shorten with the subtitle: "I know who I'm going to vote for this election. I'm going to put people first."

If anyone has the spare cash to spend on such a pathetic waste of oxygen, they should donate it to a good cause instead.

msf, unhcr, red cross all deserve the money more than that.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

If Bill Shorten was on Masterchef would Negligent vote for him?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Brick Dust Otis posted:

Middlin tier dunk, try being more vicious

I'll have a couple beers tomorrow night and give it another whirl.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The only thing this thread is worth

MysticalMachineGun posted:

pineapple in a pizza can gently caress right off

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
who are u people

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011

Spudd posted:

Mike Baird has this morning sacked me as the Mayor of Leichhardt and abolished Leichhardt Council.

Every other elected Councillor in Leichhardt, Marrickville and Ashfield has also been sacked.

A hand picked Liberal Party Dictator has been appointed by Baird to rule the Inner West for at least 18 months.

I can announce that myself and the Mayors of Ashfield and Marrickville will form an elected Mayors Council to stand up for and protect our communities for as long as this dictatorship lasts.

Like and share if you will stand with us and fight against Baird and his dictator.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1012038842205345&id=559272954148605

pretty sure noted dickhead darcy byrne allowed this to happen, he did jack poo poo to try and stop amalgamations happening.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Zenithe posted:

I still don't get what this means, other than whoever mentions it is almost exclusively a colossal shithead.

Ironic users are as always excused.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/12/thanks-daily-telegraph-i-welcome-a-debate-about-the-overthrow-of-capitalism

The Daily Telegraph published an old tweet of mine on Wednesday (as part of its front-page endorsement of my opponent, Labor’s Anthony Albanese, for the seat of Grayndler) that said: “Overthrow of capitalism – you don’t hear this often enough”

Who knew an old tweet could spark such a necessary debate but as a Greens candidate taking on Labor member Anthony Albanese at this election, I guess I can expect greater scrutiny. I appreciate the reminder and welcome the debate. Frankly, we don’t have this discussion often enough and what better time to have it than when political parties are selling their stories in the marketplace of ideas?

As a union leader used to speaking shorthand to comrades, I framed capitalism as an idea that could be overthrown. On reflection, it is something that is more likely to collapse under its own weight – we cannot adhere to a belief that is so obviously unable to make the transition into the future that awaits many of us and all of our children.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Orkin Mang posted:

who are u people

Raw milk drinkers

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Orkin Mang posted:

who are u people

im brick dust otis and i once tried to gently caress a Kornit Breeze

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Frogmanv2 posted:

If anyone has the spare cash to spend on such a pathetic waste of oxygen, they should donate it to a good cause instead.

or the CAAARRRP av I wanted

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

I for one welcome our inevitable carp overlords

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
it really bothers some people that Barnaby Joyce has more policy influence than every Greens member put together

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:v

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

where sthis at

can i get on pills and talk to scotty lud

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.facebook.com/events/1331931616823325/

Its in Perth :australia:

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

The Rosemount is cool and good how did the greens manage to book it

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

when? i cant see fb at work. if its really happening i will fly across the coutnry

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Details
***Line Up for Bar 459 JUST RELEASED featuring;
Ratking
Last Quokka
Territory
Government Yard
Unravel ***

▲▼▲ 7pm til late | The Rosemount Hotel | FREE Entry to Main Room, Courtyard and Bar 459 ▲▼▲

Greens Senator Scott Ludlam will return to The Rosemount Hotel on May 28 to host the WA Greens ‘Block Party’ to welcome the new volunteers on the block and celebrate our amazing current crew in the lead up to the Federal election.

Laced with cool bands and Senator Ludlam’s witty quips, this free party is a double whammy of good times and a chance to sign up to make a difference in the world around you.

RSVP'S ESSENTIAL! http://bit.ly/1SXR7TW

Line up + more to be announced!

Doctopus
HAMJAM
Pool Boy
Ben Taaffe
Rok Riley
Dr Jase
Jeff Annert
Willy Slade

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Okay but what if you're Chris Uhlmann? What does it mean then?

"Please give me a job if you win the election, I can't stand these ABC watermelons"

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Brick Dust Otis posted:

when? i cant see fb at work. if its really happening i will fly across the coutnry

If you fly to Perth for this I will come and hang out with you.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Haha
no qualms about using fossil fuels creating carbon emissions to attend a greens event
I hope you choke to death on your own hypocrisy

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

GoldStandardConure posted:

If you fly to Perth for this I will come and hang out with you.

Awesome! I'll look at flights tonight and see if I can afford it.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Negligent posted:

Haha
no qualms about using fossil fuels creating carbon emissions to attend a greens event
I hope you choke to death on your own hypocrisy

you're a really bad troll, and an incredibly dull person to boot.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Global warming is the greatest challenge of our time

Flies across the country to attend a party

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

I care about climate change to the precise extent that it does it impinge upon my lifestyle. Vote 1 the greens

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I take it you'll be boating to Cambodia then.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
If only you could say, click a button while booking your flights that made it carbon neutral.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Brick Dust Otis posted:

im brick dust otis and i once tried to gently caress a Kornit Breeze

go on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I climbed up on the feed palette and was rammin my junk all over it but it just wasnt keen.

• Locked thread