Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Birdstrike posted:

I take it you'll be boating to Cambodia then.

No because you see I don't care about climate change. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood
Scott ludlam is playing Brisbane. Line up also includes 0.5 frenzal rhomb and evil eddie + a few others: https://www.facebook.com/events/873683636070025/?ti=cl

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

asio posted:

Scott ludlam is playing Brisbane. Line up also includes 0.5 frenzal rhomb and evil eddie + a few others: https://www.facebook.com/events/873683636070025/?ti=cl

It completely destroys the ALP Brisbane launch featuring the comedy stylings of Tanya Pilbersek and... a bar tab, I guess?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

turdbucket posted:

pretty sure noted dickhead darcy byrne allowed this to happen, he did jack poo poo to try and stop amalgamations happening.

I don't know anything about him but I'm pretty sure Mike Baird would take the dick head trophy.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Is Ludlam any good at djing this is crucial information

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011
^ idk how QLD greens put together that nice of a lineup for a political fundraiser but good on them.

Spudd posted:

I don't know anything about him but I'm pretty sure Mike Baird would take the dick head trophy.

While Baird is certainly a dickhead and the cause of this happening, the labor councillors such as Mayor Darcy BryneOFFICIAL (mayor after making a deal with the LNP, as the ALP does in all local councils) blocked any attempt to take this issue to court. the councils which are taking legal action haven't been dismissed, mayor darcy byrne and his labor cronies joined with lnp councillors to block ay attempt at legal action or plebiscites/referendums of the LGA population like those taken up by other councils. Just saying he's also a massive dick head :)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Negligent posted:

The Rosemount is cool and good how did the greens manage to book it

It has garbage drinks and a garbage sound system.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Drinking to the demise of carp

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Negligent posted:

The Rosemount is cool and good how did the greens manage to book it

come to the rosemount and hang out with BDO and me. I'll even buy you a drink and promise not to push you down some stairs.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

ZealousQ posted:

It completely destroys the ALP Brisbane launch featuring the comedy stylings of Tanya Pilbersek and... a bar tab, I guess?

Are you joking about the plibersek comedy routine

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

JOBS AND GROWTH.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
well it worked for Bush

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Jumpingmanjim posted:

JOBS AND GROWTH.

:sad:

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback
Ludlam is in Brunswick this weekend, not DJing but you can still get on the suds with luds.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1611741422486046/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Will the Brunswick Liberation Front be in attendance?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

I hope Chris Brown takes legal action against the ALP so it drags out for ages

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

The MUA is really pissed off, hope no one gets assaulted by union goons

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I too attempt to argue that the market isn't perfect with someone literally named open24hours Jesus loving Christ you dolts

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Negligent posted:

The MUA is really pissed off, hope no one gets assaulted by union goons

What are the unions like in Cambodia my friend? Will you have to deal with many of them?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Anyone here old enough to remember the old MUA-Patrick waterfront disputes?

"MUA HERE TO STAY"
"MUA HERE TO STAY"
"MUA HERE TO STAY"

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Personally I wouldn't gently caress with the MUA since Fremantle is a fricken port, but eh up to you BS

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
what if amalgamations... are good?

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...
This loving country.
https://twitter.com/damonheraldsun/status/730717838634180608

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Boy a lot of harsh words based on what people say is the truth

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Wow a lot of twits on Twitter don't like that cover

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Even if that's true, it doesn't change the point he makes, which is why they're trying to bring him down as an individual, rather than his points.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Negligent posted:

Wow a lot of twits on Twitter don't like that cover

I don't like that cover.

Play the ball, not the man. Otherwise don't be surprised if you get blindsided yourself.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

The story reads mainly as a warning against donating money on the internet

Whether it be a Nigerian prince or whatever

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Negligent posted:

Yeah, that's why the picture, headline and caption are all of the guy.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

The guy who people have been giving money to.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Negligent posted:

But how is it a scam or something people need to be wary about? It's not like the donations were about him as an individual, the donations were essentially political statements. I'm sure (most of) the people donating money to him are able to understand that it's not actually an effective way to fight poverty.

Like the only way it's backfired is that now the Herald Sun can say, "Ha! Look you were all supporting a thug, guess that criminal (and by association all other working class and poor people) deserved to not be able to take his kids to the pictures."

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Negligent what does it actually give your posting mythos to pretend this isn't a blatant hatchet job because it seems like a pretty boring hill to troll on tbh

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Negligent what does it actually give your posting mythos to pretend this isn't a blatant hatchet job because it seems like a pretty boring hill to troll on tbh

There's an entire loving mountain range of stuff like that for him.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Duncan reminds me of my GFs dad. Hes had the same lovely abusive childhood and since society at the time never did anything about it, he was in turn abusive to his kids. He is definitely in need of the welfare system but not without some pretty terrible flaws that make him ultimately a bad person that she would rather cut out of her life than have in it.

Being a lovely dad doesnt mean you dont deserve welfare or charity though and this new information only really goes to show that we SHOULD be helping these people MORE to break the cycle.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

if anything it's a hatchet job on the ABC.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

I too attempt to argue that the market isn't perfect with someone literally named open24hours Jesus loving Christ you dolts

I am fairly sure that open24hours is a highly advanced markov chain bot

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
How is the biggest story out of that whole thing not the fact that someone named their kid Aztec Major

butthold
Apr 5, 2009

Spudd posted:

Mike Baird has this morning sacked me as the Mayor of Leichhardt and abolished Leichhardt Council.

Every other elected Councillor in Leichhardt, Marrickville and Ashfield has also been sacked.

A hand picked Liberal Party Dictator has been appointed by Baird to rule the Inner West for at least 18 months.

I can announce that myself and the Mayors of Ashfield and Marrickville will form an elected Mayors Council to stand up for and protect our communities for as long as this dictatorship lasts.

Like and share if you will stand with us and fight against Baird and his dictator.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1012038842205345&id=559272954148605

There's a rumour that Bronwyn Bishop is going to be one of these hand picked Liberal Party Dictators :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

The words he spoke still ring true. Regardless of the man or his actions, the questions he asked still remain valid.

News Corp are determined to ruin this guy's life. It's getting nastier by the day. They have been investigating every part of his sad life and exposing it to the world. I hope they are aware they could push this person (who has a history of mental illness) over the edge. I'm rather concerned for him now. He went on Q&A, asked a legitimate question, had nothing to do with the fundraising campaign set up by a third party - and now has to not only justify to the world how he will use the money, but also has to put his life back together.

I feel sick.

How does his history detract from the very real and valid question he asked?

Unfortunately the character of the person who asked the question on Q&A becomes the story.

Meanwhile we're still waiting for a proper answer to the question.

• Locked thread