Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

There are a couple moments of beauty, but much less than in the Dark Souls games for sure. Two I can think of are the garden where you fight the final boss, and the little cutscene at the end of the DLC (which is beautiful in a haunting, tragic way, but still beautiful).

I like the calm tranquility of the lake with the moon's reflection. Until you jump into it anyway.
And while 'beautiful' not what most people would use to describe it, it has some incredibly powerful moments, before you fight The One Reborn, Ludwig's phase change scene, everything about the final bosses. The general framing and direction is some of the best I've seen in anything, game, movie, anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Domattee posted:

No hard data but I wanna say it's in the realm of ~15% of level up cost for dead hostile phantoms if you're the host and ~5% of level up cost if you're a phantom/invader.

I'm almost positive it's 1% if you're an invader just going from fight fight clubs. That'd be 383 for an 80, 615 for a 100, 921 for a 120.

Hackan Slash posted:

Is there anything that gets hyperarmor and is buffed by the Leo ring? Maybe some UGS R2's? Bonus points if it's also unparryable.

Pickaxe but it's parryable.

Great lance I think I read was extremely parryable but never tried it.

Does the spiked mace do thrust damage?

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
my complaint is the world feels disconnected and mashed together at the same time, but i think thats intended actually

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

I think I'm in love with the Dragonslayer Axe, but I'm also not so great at deciding what to infuse it with. Right now I've got 25/20 str/dex at level 49 and don't really know what to do with it. I intend to go more quality-build in the future, but I've got 15 points in Int for Greater Magic Weapon and other utility-related things. I just don't think I can squeeze 40/40 stats into a level 80 build if I want to keep the utility spells and have 27 Vig and any endurance worth mentioning. Thoughts?

Semi-relatedly, does the Obscuring Ring just give you a permanent Hidden Body effect, or is it a different, unique one?

Dragonslayer axe is really great for pve and also okay-good for pvp, even if you just have the dex to use it, it gets more damage from refined then heavy. And at your stats refined will definitely beat raw and heavy, and retain the ability to be buffed.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Atreiden posted:

Dragonslayer axe is really great for pve and also okay-good for pvp, even if you just have the dex to use it, it gets more damage from refined then heavy. And at your stats refined will definitely beat raw and heavy, and retain the ability to be buffed.
Cool, thanks. I've got one refined gem, I guess this is what I'm using it for!

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Hackan Slash posted:

Is there anything that gets hyperarmor and is buffed by the Leo ring? Maybe some UGS R2's? Bonus points if it's also unparryable.

I can't remember the video name, but earlier in the thread there was a video of someone doing 1200+ damage thrusting R2's with what looked like an Ultra Greatsword class weapon.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Archdragon Peak looks pretty neat, but god drat is it a slog to play through.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Random Hajile posted:

I can't remember the video name, but earlier in the thread there was a video of someone doing 1200+ damage thrusting R2's with what looked like an Ultra Greatsword class weapon.

Profaned Greatsword.
--

I'm fairly certain the souls you get on PVP kills is a base amount plus a percentage of their held souls. I've gotten like 15k from killing a guy before but I normally get like 1.3k

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
On the topic of new FromSoft games: I want to see them do either more Bloodborne, an actual sequel to DeS, or let Miyazaki dunk his head in a pile of coke and lock him in a room full of Robert E. Howard and Fritz Leiber books.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Cyberventurer posted:

Eygon: His body can be found in Irina's old cell once the Dragonslayer Armour is defeated. Irina moved to the tower that the sword master NPC was guarding. She can level you up but has no other function.

In my first playthrough, I gave Irina only the "good" tomes and she never moved at any point, even after Eygon's bit was over. Is there something else that has to happen?

Oh, and I have never gotten Hawkwood's quest to advance. There were times I could summon him, but whenever I did his AI was turned off and he'd stand still doing nothing. :iiam:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lotish posted:

In my first playthrough, I gave Irina only the "good" tomes and she never moved at any point, even after Eygon's bit was over. Is there something else that has to happen?

You have to purchase every single (non-Dark) Miracle from her to unlock that ending.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kild posted:

Profaned Greatsword.
--

I'm fairly certain the souls you get on PVP kills is a base amount plus a percentage of their held souls. I've gotten like 15k from killing a guy before but I normally get like 1.3k

Nope, it's based on how much they need to level up, same as always. The %'s are much lower, though. The most you can get is as a host killing an invader, which will net you 15%. As a host killing a summoned red you get 1%, and as an invader killing a host you get ~5%.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Lotish posted:

Oh, and I have never gotten Hawkwood's quest to advance. There were times I could summon him, but whenever I did his AI was turned off and he'd stand still doing nothing. :iiam:

buy every light miracle from Irina.

Hawkwood got one weird trigger. after beating Abys watchers, you have to talk to him one time when he is out kneeling before the grave with the abyss watcher sword else he get stuck in the pre-abyss watcher dialogue . I don't know if you can move far enough ahead to skip this trigger to be fair.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i never talked to hawkwood and he just bounced

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah, I remember talking to him out by the graves, and then he disappeared and could be summoned (though he was broken, as I said). Maybe I just had a buggy run or missed something.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

i never talked to hawkwood and he just bounced

yeah I guess if you get to a point where you get the dragon stones or something, he will move on. But in my current game, I cleared CotD, Catacombs and Irithyl and he still spouted his dialogue about how you gained admission to the abyss watchers. He moved on as soon as I had talked to him at the grave,

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Across all my characters I have still never seen him at the grave despite checking multiple times.

I wanna know why he decides to duel you over those worthless dragon stones dammit :mad:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Across all my characters I have still never seen him at the grave despite checking multiple times.

I wanna know why he decides to duel you over those worthless dragon stones dammit :mad:

He does it because he wants to be special.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Internet Kraken posted:

He wants to be a dragon. He was too much of a coward to go burn himself with the rest of the legion so you've got to make ends meet somehow.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Watching a playthrough.
"By popular demand, I have changed my weapon to what everyone has been telling me to use."
*pulls out Raw Astora GREATsword +6 instead of an rear end*

The Raw AGS just doesn't have the same ring to it.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Internet Kraken posted:

dragon is his otherkin

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

HnK416 posted:

On the topic of new FromSoft games: I want to see them do either more Bloodborne, an actual sequel to DeS, or let Miyazaki dunk his head in a pile of coke and lock him in a room full of Robert E. Howard and Fritz Leiber books.

Where did you think the wax pool idea came from?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

HGH posted:

Watching a playthrough.
"By popular demand, I have changed my weapon to what everyone has been telling me to use."
*pulls out Raw Astora GREATsword +6 instead of an rear end*

The Raw AGS just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Lol, what playthrough is that,

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

e: I didn't even notice what the person who asked the question actually wrote after the poise bit, so make sure you read the question all the way through

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

HnK416 posted:

I still really want a Space Souls even if it won't ever happen now.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

turtlecrunch posted:

e: I didn't even notice what the person who asked the question actually wrote after the poise bit, so make sure you read the question all the way through

Did a customer support just link them to the fextralie wiki. What.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Internet Kraken posted:

Path of the Dragon edicts:
1) Meditate on the nature of the everlasting dragons
2) Murder everyone else who thinks like you because THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE TRUE DRAGON except there's like four or five around Archdragon peak alone

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

my new dog posted:

my complaint is the world feels disconnected and mashed together at the same time, but i think thats intended actually

I think that's partially the point, especially when things like summoning Anor Londo directly on top of Irithyll is a thing. My guess is that it's trying to give of the feel that all the various parallel/multiverses that make up the Souls games are all converging to one point in the space-time continuum.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Lol, what playthrough is that,
Mis-remembered the last part of that quote but it's Northerlion's latest episode.
He's so bad but I just can't bring myself to dislike all the dumb stuff he does.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

turtlecrunch posted:

Hahaha I like the sales rep explains poise like it worked it in DS 1 and 2. From/Bamco are the worst at public relations

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Nuebot posted:

I still really want a Space Souls even if it won't ever happen now.

I want Cowboy Souls. More than anything.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
DS1 poise or refund guy is pretty dumb but linking to a fextra article as a customer support rep is hilarious.

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008
Anyone around on PS4 who'd like to get jolly with me for King of the Camera? :heysexy:

I'm at the bell. Password is "king"

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Where did you think the wax pool idea came from?

I knew there was a reason why I love that mechanic.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So Hawkwood is just a total loser then? Makes sense, given he was so pathetic even the Abyss Watchers didn't want him around.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

So Hawkwood is just a total loser then? Makes sense, given he was so pathetic even the Abyss Watchers didn't want him around.

I like Hawkwood cause his story is that he was a scrub until you came along, then he ditched the shield and got gud and learned some dragon poo poo.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Remember when fextralife had that parry frame data chart that was taken as gospel even though most of the frame windows were an odd number of frames in 60fps in a game designed to run at 30fps? good poo poo. great reliable source for bamco support.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Archdragon Peak looks pretty neat, but god drat is it a slog to play through.

That last section with a ton of serpent dudes charging you was aggravating to solo, it wasn't till my second playthrough I found out you can summon Hawkwood for that section and the two of you will clear it out together. Even better, afterwards he demonstrates exactly where to perform the Path of the Dragon gesture.

It made me getting the message from him left with Andre make a lot more sense too - the two of you have fought side by side at Archdragon Peak and now he knows you're on the same path and he thinks there can only be one, and he's cool with getting beaten by you because it'll mean you're more "true" a dragon than he is.

argondamn posted:

I like Hawkwood cause his story is that he was a scrub until you came along, then he ditched the shield and got gud and learned some dragon poo poo.

Yeah, next to Siegward I think that Hawkwood is my favorite NPC storyline.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

HGH posted:

Mis-remembered the last part of that quote but it's Northerlion's latest episode.
He's so bad but I just can't bring myself to dislike all the dumb stuff he does.

God drat it NL. The Astora Greatsword sucks raw. It's the opposite of the rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

HGH posted:

NL is chill and rolls with the punches - his DS1 playthrough was the first LP I ever watched and I've watched every Souls LP he's done since. Wish he finished Bloodborne.