Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Man i wonder how people of Rosa Parks time would have reacted to what she did if the internet and social media existed at the time.

Sounds like a clickbait article/meme waiting to be made!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Man i wonder how people of Rosa Parks time would have reacted to what she did if the internet and social media existed at the time.

I don't think you need to wonder very hard.

tviolet
May 20, 2004

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

this is going here because I'm not sure where else exactly to put it but I want to put it somewhere

mm yes, harley quinn, that noted important story-driving character who is not characterized by her relationship with a male character

I don't think this is being an idiot. In the article she's saying that she doesn't want to be a cliché anymore. At 25, after doing some popular roles, she can be more discerning in what she choose. I think that's great.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

tviolet posted:

I don't think this is being an idiot. In the article she's saying that she doesn't want to be a cliché anymore. At 25, after doing some popular roles, she can be more discerning in what she choose. I think that's great.

Oh I definitely don't think she's an idiot, I just thought it was funny and we don't really have a "dumb/ironic poo poo on social media" thread.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Who 'liked' those rants? Why?

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
That guy is friends with LOB on Facebook? Lucky dude.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BrigadierSensible posted:

Who 'liked' those rants? Why?

You really want to know?

The OP is the one on my friend's list. The guy who wouldn't shut up is her boyfriend. She was the one liking all of them.

I've seen a ton of his dialogue before and he ALWAYS talks like this. He'll occasionally post something normal, but he just launches into these impenetrable screeds at the slightest provocation. I think he wants to seem "sophisticated", so he speaks in the most pretentious manner possible.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

You really want to know?

The OP is the one on my friend's list. The guy who wouldn't shut up is her boyfriend. She was the one liking all of them.

I've seen a ton of his dialogue before and he ALWAYS talks like this. He'll occasionally post something normal, but he just launches into these impenetrable screeds at the slightest provocation. I think he wants to seem "sophisticated", so he speaks in the most pretentious manner possible.

Fair enough. But a follow up question: Do you reckon she read that insane pretentious wall of text, or did she just automatically like them?

I mean, is she as crazy as him, is she just humouring him, or does she buy into the more words = more smarter crap he is selling?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BrigadierSensible posted:

Fair enough. But a follow up question: Do you reckon she read that insane pretentious wall of text, or did she just automatically like them?

I mean, is she as crazy as him, is she just humouring him, or does she buy into the more words = more smarter crap he is selling?

I'd guess the latter. She really does seem to love it when he goes off on incredible rants or tries some pretentious "poetry" flirting that reads almost as badly. As you can see at the very end, he occasionally slips up and starts posting normal comments on stuff, so it's pretty apparent that he's speaking like this intentionally instead of naturally. She doesn't talk like him in the slightest.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Just need to follow up one of his rants with "Lol K" and watch him have an aneurysm

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Just need to follow up one of his rants with "Lol K" and watch him have an aneurysm

I think he'd be more likely to call me "vexxed" and assume I'm of too weak a mind to combat him.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Usually I can get pretty far in those things cause I assume there's something funny in them but nope, after the second paragraph my eyes just scrolled down to the bottom like I was just looking at a concrete wall. It even sounded like it was being read by a droney quasi - intellectual doofus in my head

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

As soon as someone follows a bunch of "big" words with "methinks" you should kick them off your friends list.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Seeing that I hate walls of text and the people who write them in the most condescending way possible to appear smart could someone summarise what he was saying. Preferably in haiku form.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Seeing that I hate walls of text and the people who write them in the most condescending way possible to appear smart could someone summarise what he was saying. Preferably in haiku form.

Capitalism bad
I am smarter than Karl Marx
Please like and share thanks

Edit: I'm a commie but jfc that rant is stupid

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

chitoryu12 posted:

I think he'd be more likely to call me "vexxed" and assume I'm of too weak a mind to combat him.

Yeah, the whole point of posting a wall of text like that is so that you can accuse anyone who disagrees with you of not reading it all or being too stupid to understand it. "If you'd actually read what I wrote, you'd see that I countered your exact argument, but clearly rational discussion is beyond you. Why don't you try getting an education and leave the debate to people who actually know what they're talking about? But of course you won't, because it's easier for sheep like you to just dismiss things you don't understand. Moron."

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, the whole point of posting a wall of text like that is so that you can accuse anyone who disagrees with you of not reading it all or being too stupid to understand it. "If you'd actually read what I wrote, you'd see that I countered your exact argument, but clearly rational discussion is beyond you. Why don't you try getting an education and leave the debate to people who actually know what they're talking about? But of course you won't, because it's easier for sheep like you to just dismiss things you don't understand. Moron."

You forgot the part where he tips his fedora before storming off in a flurry of jorts.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Red Hood posted:

People are really really worried about bathrooms.

Maybe somebody should tell these people that women are assaulted by men in women's bathrooms all the time already. IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Madkal posted:

Always wondered how people with strong bigoted beliefs feel about being on the wrong side of history decades down the line.
Like right now they think they are right to stand up to those "filthy perverts" and such, but then I begin to wonder how people who thought that pesky Rosa Parks should have just shut her trap and moved to the back of the bus must feel now. In 10 or so years from now when no-one really gives a flying gently caress about transgender people peeing where they want to, will the people posting such stupid poo poo be self-aware enough to say to themselves "jeez, I really got that all wrong"?

I was listening to NPR last weekend and the fundie radio host guest said "better than the wrong side of eternity". This was a piece about the rise of Trump and how much he hates the hijacking of the GOP. He's probably going to vote Trump this Nov.

Most people are terrible.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

trickybiscuits posted:

Maybe somebody should tell these people that women are assaulted by men in women's bathrooms all the time already. IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING.
THANKS A LOT TARGET!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

trickybiscuits posted:

No, you see now they can do it legally because they will pretend to be trans, and the liberal, leftist, war on christmas scum that is the police/judiciary in America can't do anything against them cos they are scared of being called transphobic.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

No one ever cared about little boys who have been exposed to those dastardly men in public bathrooms since they were first built 1 million years ago. So much for male privilege, am I right?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Besesoth posted:

Almost universally, those on the wrong side of history are furious until the day they die that history didn't stop for them. People who were mad about desegregation in the 60s are still mad about it today. Like - keeping it on topic - Donald Trump's old butler:

82 years old and still as horrifyingly racist as ever.

The BBC article on this dude says that he apparently also warns Obama to get hanged in front of the "white mosque".

Also he said that Trump likes his steak so well done it rocks on his plate. loving Trump, man.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

This is almost adorable.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I always base my reactions in the real world on how I handle things in Pikmin.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ularg posted:

This is almost adorable.

A joke? The gently caress is that?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Wanamingo posted:

A joke? The gently caress is that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typha

They're plants, Wikipedia says Typha but I swore I've heard them called Corndog Grass because of that thing they grow. It's basically the plant to go with swamps. So I get to see a ton of them living in Florida.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Oh yes, I'm sure everyone posting that thinks it's real and not a silly joke.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

AfroSquirrel posted:

Sounds like a clickbait article/meme waiting to be made!

Suddenly I want someone to start actually writing clickbait news articles about hold historical poo poo that happened. "Woman refuses to give up her seat on the bus, you'll never guess what happens next!"

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Ularg posted:

They're plants, Wikipedia says Typha but I swore I've heard them called Corndog Grass because of that thing they grow. It's basically the plant to go with swamps. So I get to see a ton of them living in Florida.

Actually they're called "water sausages"

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
furry pond turds

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I legit wanna see a video of someone take a big bite out of one of those, mustard and all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

robotsinmyhead posted:

I legit wanna see a video of someone take a big bite out of one of those, mustard and all.

New LA Beast challenge confirmed.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

They're basically full of cotton-like fibres. I met a guy who made paper out of them.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

RareAcumen posted:

New LA Beast challenge confirmed.

He's still alive?

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Do hotel reviews on Google count as social media?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Madkal posted:

Capitalism
Scourge of libertarians
Too long did not read

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

robotsinmyhead posted:

One of the comments I saw for this was that someone did and they are filled with Fiber. Spent the next day or two making GBS threads his brains out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Ularg posted:

I've always just heard "cat tail."

They are edible though, but not the corndog looking part. But if you tear that part open they're full of what almost looks like cotton and it makes excellent tinder for starting fires while camping/surviving.