Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
If they fix the imput lag like they did with PS4 USF4, I wonder if they'd go a step forward and make Nash's dash more obvious as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Hope Capcom nerfs Nash in the rear end sometime, I was throwing some loving jabs and he dashed in between punches and grabbed me.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

S.J. posted:

The Winner Stays on Twitter trying to defend SFV is pretty hilarious

Please understand that Logan does not represent the UK in any way and he's a source of ridicule across the UK scene, thanks for you time

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
It seems everyone is a source of ridicule in the UK scene, even grime legend logan sama

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dangerdoom volvo posted:

It seems everyone is a source of ridicule in the UK scene, even grime legend logan sama

haven't you heard, anyone whose name you remember and isn't a top 3 major placer is a source of ridicule in any FG scene

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Dias posted:

haven't you heard, anyone whose name you remember and isn't a top 3 major placer is a source of ridicule in any FG scene

In a global scene where Daigo is washed up and Louffy is a tier whore and Poongko is irrelevant and SnakeEyes is overrated, I'd be impressed if you could actually name three players who have proven themselves beyond ridicule.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

bhsman posted:

If they fix the imput lag like they did with PS4 USF4, I wonder if they'd go a step forward and make Nash's dash more obvious as well.

i wouldn't expect Capcom to make their fgs good on purpose. they have basically never ever made a fightgame good on purpose and historically players have rejected updates like Super SF2 and the last revision of 3s where they attempt to do this. don't hold your breath

Zand fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 13, 2016

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Zand posted:

i wouldn't expect Capcom to make their fgs good on purpose. they have basically never ever made a fightgame good on purpose and historically players have rejected updates like Super SF2 and the last revision of 3s where they attempt to do this. don't hold your breath

Happy Third Strike day to you, too, Zand.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/TheSpiritJuice/status/729810255010365440

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

died irl

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So is xrd revelator honestly a good game if I got burned pretty hard by SFV? I like sp fgs and I'm okay with sucking at low level mp but SFV has just been rough on me and as much as I absolutely love the characters I haven't been able to stick with it.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
It is a good game but it's hard to say if you'll like it, could you explain what you didn't like about sf5?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Kilometers Davis posted:

So is xrd revelator honestly a good game if I got burned pretty hard by SFV? I like sp fgs and I'm okay with sucking at low level mp but SFV has just been rough on me and as much as I absolutely love the characters I haven't been able to stick with it.

xrd revelator is a better game in every single way other than player count, and even then the player count for sfv is dropping rapidly sooooo

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

I can't guarantee you'll like Xrd but as someone who has tried nearly every major fighting game between vanilla SF4 and now I think Xrd is the best modern fighting game. The full version of Revelator will have a lots of single player content, including what might be the best tutorial in a fighting game ever.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is there some idiot guide to how teching throws works in this game? I feel like I am getting tossed so loving much when I am hammering the tech button and I'm trying to figure out if I am just being stupid about how it works

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Huh sounds good to me. I'll have to watch some videos and see if it looks like something I could enjoy.

Jmcrofts posted:

It is a good game but it's hard to say if you'll like it, could you explain what you didn't like about sf5?

Hm this is tough. I think the complete lack of sp content really knocked it down for me. Knowing that the mid-pro level game doesn't seem to be all that fun for most people really made me wonder why I would bother dedicating so much time to learning the game. If everyone was pumped and was talking about how fun the fighting is past beginner levels I might be more compelled to learn but I'm not seeing it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Goetta posted:

Is there some idiot guide to how teching throws works in this game? I feel like I am getting tossed so loving much when I am hammering the tech button and I'm trying to figure out if I am just being stupid about how it works

You can't tech via reaction. You pmuch have to guess they are going to throw a good bit before they do the throw and input your tech.

I'm not sure if you can tech while crouching in this game, so that could also be a problem.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kilometers Davis posted:

Huh sounds good to me. I'll have to watch some videos and see if it looks like something I could enjoy.

Hm this is tough. I think the complete lack of sp content really knocked it down for me. Knowing that the mid-pro level game doesn't seem to be all that fun for most people really made me wonder why I would bother dedicating so much time to learning the game. If everyone was pumped and was talking about how fun the fighting is past beginner levels I might be more compelled to learn but I'm not seeing it.

I mean, SFV still has a lot of talk regarding how deep it is on a mid-pro level, to be fair to it. If you learn it, you'll get to play against a lot of competition on your level, we just don't like it for a plethora of reasons. But if you want a game with a community, depth and lots of SP content, can I interest you on MKX?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

You can't tech via reaction. You pmuch have to guess they are going to throw a good bit before they do the throw and input your tech.

I'm not sure if you can tech while crouching in this game, so that could also be a problem.

crouch tech is gone in this game

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

You can. The change they made to it is that crouch tech in SF5 produces a throw attempt instead of cr.lk.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Klades posted:

You can. The change they made to it is that crouch tech in SF5 produces a throw attempt instead of cr.lk.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/17/tsnerdjosh-discovers-crouch-tech-option-select-variation-in-street-fighter-v/

maybe they fixed this already idk

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

you might as well still mash a 3f normal instead of tech during pressure anyway

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

my 2 cents is that xrd is an amazing game, but the learning curve is higher than sf4/sf5. its a better game than those for sure, but it can be pretty brutal, especially if you don't know what you're doing.

ultimately you should play the game you find most fun, but given the lovely state of sf5 input lag and netcode, i would avoid it. if you want games with substantial player bases, xrd rev on ps4 will work, and probably kof 14 later in the year.

or you could just play me/other people here in fightcade in a range of good fighting games with amazing netcode

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

xrd is the first modern fighter i played and nothing since then has been anywhere near as good. almost every character would be op as gently caress in any other game so you've got tons of tools to work with. the visuals are top notch amazing, and the buttons feel really good. there's also virtually no input lag so you'll feel like an aa champ after sfv.

there are a lot of universal systems to master in the game which can make it intimidating but none of it is that hard to do, its just a matter of getting yourself to the level to remember to use them

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

Revelator has exponents more single player content than sfv, dozens of USEFUL tutorials, a challenge mode that actually teaches you anything worthwhile, and a combo system that's as easy or as technical as you're willing to put the effort in for. It's also a more ground based, neutral game than most anime games. Pressure and oki is powerful but not so much that the better player suffers a good chance of getting frauded.

Almost every character sees frequent top 8 representation despite how much we like to complain about elphelt, RIP pot tho

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Pomp posted:

Revelator has exponents more single player content than sfv, dozens of USEFUL tutorials, a challenge mode that actually teaches you anything worthwhile, and a combo system that's as easy or as technical as you're willing to put the effort in for. It's also a more ground based, neutral game than most anime games. Pressure and oki is powerful but not so much that the better player suffers a good chance of getting frauded.

Almost every character sees frequent top 8 representation despite how much we like to complain about elphelt, RIP pot tho

what if you want to get good at venom tho :qq:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You accept your fate and work hard but also whine a lot

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

venom, axl, and zato are very cool. i enjoy playiing against them because i suck to hard to be them myself

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just learn basic carcass raid pressure and 6p poke a lot and you'll destroy bads but also lose to goods real hard

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
TBH you should just pick up Xrd on principle and also find people to do battle lounges with; hell, if anything you can just scour Twitch for people doing battle lounges and can scout the competition ahead of time. :v:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

General Morden posted:

crouch tech is gone in this game

Ok this is probably a big part of it thanks.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I grabbed Xrd on release (actually own it on PC and PS3) and found it really cool and fun but also Very Intimidating. I'm feeling real burnt out on SFV right now so I think I might jump on the arcsys train before the last car on the capcom train goes over the loving cliff.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
the amount of double kos I get are loving amazing because all vega can hope for is to trade.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

zooted heh posted:

the amount of double kos I get are loving amazing because all vega can hope for is to trade.

Having all your normals trade and being hit out of all the specials and supers/ultras has been the Vega life since SF4.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
i wouldn't know cuz this is really my first time ive seriously played vega. I just think it's funny that I've had so many double kos and I've been playing street figther and other fighting games for over a decade.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Are you playing with the claw on? Capcom made it so that Vega's trademark is now a strict liability.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Are you playing with the claw on? Capcom made it so that Vega's trademark is now a strict liability.

To be completely fair to the game, it's only a liability 90% of the time.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Goetta posted:

Ok this is probably a big part of it thanks.

crouch tech is NOT gone. You can still tech a throw while crouching. The only change is that if you whiff a crouch tech, you get a throw instead of a cr.LK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What. The. gently caress.
So you know about that system that gives you a strike every time you RQ and times you out for 2 hours if you RQ 4 times?
Apparently when one player ragequits BOTH players get a strike. Which means that if you get ragequit on 4 time, you'll get a sweet time out as well.