Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corgis are good. Fight me tubby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah, there's several pages of him having a meltdown over that.

Where?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Yeah, I haven't seen poo poo on this.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

Why :catdrugs: of course. TCC is one of my favorite forums here.

Obviously I won't be doing a reddit AMA though I did sort of cut loose there in a comment with my disillusionment regarding everything EVE related right now, including the doxxing stuff and the weariness felt from a year of being almost universally disliked among a group who I had very personal reasons for caring about which transcended the silly game or this awful thread (VideoGames' OP and posts notwithstanding.)

Then I went back and read Kathao's submission on TMC which he wrote before he left for TDB but that only served to make me a bit more depressed. I had a bit of an existential crisis where I started smoking clove cigarettes and reading Camus again like when I was 16 and that lasted a little while, but I sorted it out by lunch, worked the rest my shift and decided that for the duration of my time in the game -- however long that is -- I'm just going to be a quiet little mouse. Stick around for as long as I can still stand it but I'm certainly not leaving for anywhere else -- I'm all in with the group so if I fail in that regard I'm just finished with the game - it's just not good enough of a game to hold my interest otherwise.

This is sort of where I am at with things now, but we all know things can change (except the joining someone else that'll never change thanks.) As such I'll start slimming stuff down via S-Mart when I get off RO. The rest I'll mothball. I sort of had a plan with all of this but I don't really have the heart for it anymore. It's not even an emo thing at this point it's just... we try things in life and sometimes they work out and sometimes not. I'm a lucky guy with a great life; that doesn't mean everything is going to work out the way I would like all of the time, and I knew that coming in to this. I had a good deal of fun with it all, but it's time to put it away, along with this SA account (as Paco would say "lol if you think I'd post in the EVE thread with my actual account") and just fade away into the backdrop, as I have been for so long.

So it goes. I guess this is the part where I spit on the culture entirely and sign my post, being relegated to the Xenurias of the world (man that stung) and angry at everyone for rejecting me so flatly and arrogantly. I can't bring myself to do it though so instead I'll just thank you all for letting me experiment and try new stuff out while I worked through some stuff with the help of internet spaceships, laughs, and the freedom of the sandbox. Love you guys - not many of you individually mind you... but as a whole? Yeah, you still have your mojo. You just need to stop bitching at each other that it isn't there anymore in order to see that it is.

I'm sorry for the word salad. Sorry for everything else too. Peace.

i hope you get the help you need :)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Elmnt80 posted:

How are we bitter exes? I'm confused. :(

I'm confused too. I said that thing in reference to this post here:

OWLS! posted:

Say goodbye to Groon
For the triple offenses of being completely useless, being terrible posters and generally just a collection of ***gots Groon as been kicked from the alliance and their standings have been dropped. Any Groon who meet our recruitment requirements are welcome to apply to Goonfleet. To the rest, take care!

We have no intention of removing any of the OTHER non-goon corps at this time. We're also finalizing our plan for restructuring and you should have some information any day. Enjoy the Groon hunt, if you can find any. This mistake has been rectified.

So I don't know.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Elmnt80 posted:

How are we bitter exes? I'm confused. :(

Nice meltdown.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Corgis are good. Fight me tubby.

read what you said again and fall into an open sewer

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Dalael posted:

What's the deal with Groon? What happened for them to now be our bitter exes?

AFAIK, no bitterness. Groon are our brothers in tenbux who took a different path, and I'm okay with that.

Honestly, it's just a roundtrip. When Groon briefly died, many of them went to Hole Squad. Now they're coming back.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

read what you said again and fall into an open sewer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NONlkKMGFeA

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Dalael posted:

So I don't know.

Groon hasn't been in the alliance since I started playing so I'm going with this being an old post.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dalael posted:

So I don't know.
Yeah that isn't a recent post.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Dalael posted:

So I don't know.

Oh, that was the post darius ALLCAPS made when groon was kicked from GSF years ago. There was also some terrible talk on TS between some GSF directors about fists across the universe coming to smash groon or something. It used to be on our wiki, but its dead now. I wish I could find it, its somewhat relevant now and amusing to listen to.

I kinda thought this was about pusk resetting ya'll a few months back and was gonna do some "Its not you, its us." "We just need some time to rediscover ourselves and focus on groon." "I think we need to take a break" posting.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Dalael posted:

So I don't know.

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/The_Greater_Goon

quote:

While we moved out of Syndicate and planted roots in the southeast, GROON remained and continued to work with OSS, which had been the alliance we had been a part of in our earliest days. Eventually, they were re-admitted to the swarm during The Great EVE War, but were later kicked by Darius JOHNSON, and they moved back to Syndicate.

So I assume the fuckgroons post was written by DJ.

Also :laffo: at this entire bit:

quote:

They are led by Hoegaarden, a man driven entirely by his bitterness at no longer being in charge of Goonswarm. A relic from times when it was acceptable to have a megalomaniac as CEO, Hoegaarden joins Dr. Draw, Remedial and The Mittani on the list of insane former Goonfleet CEOs.

What's old is new again :v:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

A majestic man cut down far too prematurely by that bison

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

I think you're just not getting it.
Have you read these forums, like ever?
Everyone is making GBS threads on everyone at the first opportunity they get. Its just the circle of life. Don't let it get to you. That's part of the culture around here its that loving simple.

No I get it just fine. I'm starting to wonder if you do -- It's not being poo poo on, it's being universally disliked and people like Fix Lag saying "he's always like that." Fix Lag doesn't know me from Adam. I've never talked to that dude once in the last year. This is the perception, though. Goons doxx people errday and Paco is a spergtard with no redeemable qualities 24/7. It wears on me, and if you don't think that's different than "hrr drr you're dumb" or "shut the gently caress up paco" then I don't know what to tell you, except it is very very different. It sure feels different to me at least.

If you've noticed I tend to come at people on the forums pretty regularly no matter who they are, so I don't think the thickness of my skin or the ability to playfully rib others is the issue. It's the "he's a terrible cancer" poo poo that everyone seems to just agree with at face value without knowing me, or realizing that there are far worse things for the corp/alliance/culture than some geezer joking around. Deadtear calling me worse than Xenuria. Vyst calling me an "unperson." You, here right now, saying that I don't understand the culture. No, I understand the culture just fine -- what others seem to have a hard time grasping is that I'm a part of it too. I have fun with it my own way, I guess my folly was thinking that others would get that I wasn't serious about any of this poo poo and have some fun with me. Nope - just got hated and the "not a cultural fit" stamp on my forehead. The scarlet letter of goons -- he's just another spergy publord.

Once not so long ago while I was flying through Fade with an alt, I encountered someone from this thread. I asked the person if they would be coming back to GSF. They mentioned that they missed their friends and thought about coming back sometimes, but wondered if they were too disliked to be let back in. I told them "Trust me - it's fine. I should know, I'm Paco loving Vato. You won't have to worry about that much heat." or something along those lines. "Oh" the person replied "I could goatse every thread in TWR and not be as hated as you." And... he's right of course. That's the Paco paradigm -- gently caress that guy no matter what. Yeah I have a couple of friends in the corp/alliance, but for the most part I feel like I'm out of place there, and that is frustrating because it's literally the only place I could possibly fit in within the game. I can't enjoy the game at the pubbie level because I just don't love or care about the game the same way pubbies do and I think the elite pvp mentality is rubbish. I can't enjoy the game at the goon level either because you lot won't stop bleating "you don't understand goon culture!" at me. This was a big reason I created the "gently caress everyone else" persona that I did. It was easier than reticence, which was never really my strong suit.

So no, in short, it's not getting poo poo on that was ever the problem. It was when the narrative shifted from "poo poo on paco" to "paco is cancer." It was the times I would read a post on the forums directed at me and go "Hey wait a minute - that person genuinely does not like me and is being an actual dickhead, this is not the fake har har goon dickery. Did I gently caress up and join PL or something?" It was the minute I found myself too scared to post in this thread or in elysium because people who don't like me might notice and decide eh gently caress this guy and then poof! I'm gone from the group that I enjoyed so much. That feeling that I was surrounded by people who by and large would rather I wasn't there.

Meanwhile my love for the group and the good time I was having laughing about and stuff attracted people to the game that wouldn't have normally been drawn to it - paka and grande in particular. They came on their own - not because of the stupid game, but because of how loudly I was laughing and how much I talked about gsf and how funny it all was. There's history with me there too that they know about -- personal stuff that makes my bond to SA and therefore SA-based gaming guilds stronger. I guess what I'm getting at is if I'm so much of a loving cancer why did my wife and oldest son join the game to fight in a war we are losing and likely going to lose just because... goons? How many of you who understand ~goon culture~ so well can say the same?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oh my God shut up.

Ask bigbillthaboss how many times he's been told to shut up. It's a thing that happens to terrible word salad posters.

Also I really rather doubt anyone literally hates you. It's a frigging game/forum and mustering the energy to actually hate someone over it is ridiculous. As you said, no one knows anything about you except what you post and if they really do hate you because of that (doubtful) then there's something wrong with them.

That's not to say that there's nothing wrong with you either because God drat do you get lost in your own bullshit. Make the EN thread and stick to spaceship stuff here. Yeesh.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

No I get it just fine. I'm starting to wonder if you do -- It's not being poo poo on, it's being universally disliked and people like Fix Lag saying "he's always like that." Fix Lag doesn't know me from Adam. I've never talked to that dude once in the last year. This is the perception, though. Goons doxx people errday and Paco is a spergtard with no redeemable qualities 24/7. It wears on me, and if you don't think that's different than "hrr drr you're dumb" or "shut the gently caress up paco" then I don't know what to tell you, except it is very very different. It sure feels different to me at least.

If you've noticed I tend to come at people on the forums pretty regularly no matter who they are, so I don't think the thickness of my skin or the ability to playfully rib others is the issue. It's the "he's a terrible cancer" poo poo that everyone seems to just agree with at face value without knowing me, or realizing that there are far worse things for the corp/alliance/culture than some geezer joking around. Deadtear calling me worse than Xenuria. Vyst calling me an "unperson." You, here right now, saying that I don't understand the culture. No, I understand the culture just fine -- what others seem to have a hard time grasping is that I'm a part of it too. I have fun with it my own way, I guess my folly was thinking that others would get that I wasn't serious about any of this poo poo and have some fun with me. Nope - just got hated and the "not a cultural fit" stamp on my forehead. The scarlet letter of goons -- he's just another spergy publord.

Once not so long ago while I was flying through Fade with an alt, I encountered someone from this thread. I asked the person if they would be coming back to GSF. They mentioned that they missed their friends and thought about coming back sometimes, but wondered if they were too disliked to be let back in. I told them "Trust me - it's fine. I should know, I'm Paco loving Vato. You won't have to worry about that much heat." or something along those lines. "Oh" the person replied "I could goatse every thread in TWR and not be as hated as you." And... he's right of course. That's the Paco paradigm -- gently caress that guy no matter what. Yeah I have a couple of friends in the corp/alliance, but for the most part I feel like I'm out of place there, and that is frustrating because it's literally the only place I could possibly fit in within the game. I can't enjoy the game at the pubbie level because I just don't love or care about the game the same way pubbies do and I think the elite pvp mentality is rubbish. I can't enjoy the game at the goon level either because you lot won't stop bleating "you don't understand goon culture!" at me. This was a big reason I created the "gently caress everyone else" persona that I did. It was easier than reticence, which was never really my strong suit.

So no, in short, it's not getting poo poo on that was ever the problem. It was when the narrative shifted from "poo poo on paco" to "paco is cancer." It was the times I would read a post on the forums directed at me and go "Hey wait a minute - that person genuinely does not like me and is being an actual dickhead, this is not the fake har har goon dickery. Did I gently caress up and join PL or something?" It was the minute I found myself too scared to post in this thread or in elysium because people who don't like me might notice and decide eh gently caress this guy and then poof! I'm gone from the group that I enjoyed so much. That feeling that I was surrounded by people who by and large would rather I wasn't there.

Meanwhile my love for the group and the good time I was having laughing about and stuff attracted people to the game that wouldn't have normally been drawn to it - paka and grande in particular. They came on their own - not because of the stupid game, but because of how loudly I was laughing and how much I talked about gsf and how funny it all was. There's history with me there too that they know about -- personal stuff that makes my bond to SA and therefore SA-based gaming guilds stronger. I guess what I'm getting at is if I'm so much of a loving cancer why did my wife and oldest son join the game to fight in a war we are losing and likely going to lose just because... goons? How many of you who understand ~goon culture~ so well can say the same?

Shut up. You posted within the last 24 hours about how you werent going to post anymore.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

quote:

I don't think the thickness of my skin or the ability to playfully rib others is the issue

your skin's so thin I'm not even sure you have one

quote:

No, I understand the culture just fine

no

quote:

five loving paragraphs

dude if you didn't poo poo out a huge mass of angry sperg when someone told you to shut up they wouldn't tell you to shut up

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fix Lag posted:

dude if you didn't poo poo out a huge mass of angry sperg when someone told you to shut up they wouldn't tell you to shut up

Yeah, this.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

I genuinely don't know what to answer to this. I kinda want to make fun of it, because its deserving of at least that much, but I also don't want you to freak out and kill your entire family.

Do people in GSF hate you? I see a lot of "Shut up paco" after your posts, but I have never seen anyone say anything about you outside of the forums. Never at all. My personal opinion is you're being a bit paranoid and don't realize that people probably don't spend any time thinking about you unless they just read one of your posts. I don't think anyone cares, really.

If you have friends in GSF, then maybe (that's just a thought) these are the only people who's opinions should matter to you? Who cares about the rest of the retards or tryhards that constitute the alliance? Just play to have fun. Post irregardless of what people think. Why do you give a poo poo what nerds you'll probably never meet think of you? Join fleets, shoot people and enjoy yourself. That's all there is to it.

Whenever other people's opinion gets you down, take a breather. Go for a walk (or a ride on your GSf provided mobility scooter for fat goons), smoke a joint, chug a beer then come back fresh. Just, for the love of god, stop caring so much. Stop thinking that people care so much. No one does.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
this is 2 screens worth of words aint nobody wanting to read, calm your stupid rear end down old man

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

:ohdear: Jesus Christ guys its just a video game

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I mean we have a few "Cancers that are killing the alliance" but paco vato isn't on the list. He's just a hepdd quality poster.

EDIT: I mean to say, you get made fun of because you are a sperg. There are people posting in this thread that literally hate my guts and I don't lose any sleep over it.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 13, 2016

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

holy poo poo I hope you're trolling

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

I mean we have a few "Cancers that are killing the alliance" but paco vato isn't on the list. He's just a hepdd quality poster.

EDIT: I mean to say, you get made fun of because you are a sperg. There are people posting in this thread that literally hate my guts and I don't lose any sleep over it.

I hate you for losing your rapping rhino avatar and for yelling at me when I didn't have a bomb in my Manticore when I joined top goon as a newbee 3 years ago and I let that shield gang get away because of it. My feewings dude. :arghfist::saddowns:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

mandozer doesnt post itt anymore

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

cravius posted:

holy poo poo I hope you're trolling

Fix Lag posted:

That's how he actually is all the time.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

mandozer doesnt post itt anymore

Mandozer doesn't even know who I am in eve. Which is why he whines about me here, but chats me up whenever he sees me in game.

darth cookie posted:

I hate you for losing your rapping rhino avatar and for yelling at me when I didn't have a bomb in my Manticore when I joined top goon as a newbee 3 years ago and I let that shield gang get away because of it. My feewings dude. :arghfist::saddowns:

Don't remember it, but that was a fairly common occurrence. "Ok guys we're going to bomb, hit your safes and online your launchers if you are in one of THOSE bombers, make sure you have shra... what do you mean you don't have a bomb launcher? Do you even read the fitting threads? Extra tank? Your a bomber, your tissue paper tank just means he'll kill you slightly MORE dead in one volley."

I've always maintained that the old topgoon max dps no bombs fits were a mistake which is why I rectified them. Ultimately if you are dropping and you are comped right an extra 10% dps from each bomber is only going to speed up the kill by a few seconds, and unless the bomber is AB fit you aren't "Tanking" poo poo. Meanwhile we've wiped out so many fleets with bombs it's not funny. Including improvised pipe bombs when people thought it was ok to MWD the 50km from a bubble to the gate. Some of the best moments of that squad is when i'd take over from Guldan (Who couldn't bomb worth a poo poo) and wipe out some test hurricane/destroyer fleet with 6 bombers.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 07:03 on May 13, 2016

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
nice meltdown

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I will say Tibs doctrine for hot dropping is pretty rad. We dropped on a rattlesnake the other day in dek, and on the way back to the blops a cerb gang decided "We're going to fight those dudes" and we wrecked them. We also hotdropped a sieging dread and a few carriers, and one supercarrier (lol).

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Okay, which one of you crazy wordsalad types made this :colbert:

TerranRaida
Feb 3, 2010

I don't know whats going on in this thread, but I don't regret clicking this link...

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

Mandozer doesn't even know who I am in eve. Which is why he whines about me here, but chats me up whenever he sees me in game.

oh im thinking of fix lag whoops

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bilirubin posted:

A majestic man cut down far too prematurely by that bison

Rip in pieces, never forgotten always remembered.

Morris posted:

What's old is new again :v:

What's old is old we never seriously took space

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
anyone wanna have a meltdown with me :wink:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

People are mostly indifferent to you and tell you to shut up for giggles and that it has become "a thing". To do so.

You still have a chance to make a name for yourself in GSF doing something.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 13, 2016

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I really wonder who broke Paco. Was it a specific person or was it a group effort?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Also Dalael picking on Paco in an attempt to fit in is cringy as hell. Because Dalael spent two years in Pacos shoes in this thread. Now that the searchlights are no longer on him for a brief period he's milking it for all he can.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dalael posted:

I really wonder who broke Paco. Was it a specific person or was it a group effort?

probably was your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I told him he was posting worse than xenuria

• Locked thread