Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Haha okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He also thinks Des Moines is a megatropolis :roflolmao:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

All Basin and Range states own

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

sam bradford lmao posted:

He also thinks Des Moines is a megatropolis :roflolmao:

I never said that. I just said it was better than any coastal city. That's just an objective truth!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I drove from the Bay Area to Santa Barbara today and I can tell you California fuckin ruuuuuules.

I unsuccessfully tried to talk my wife into letting me take 1 the whole way but it would have been like 6 hours.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Spoeank posted:

I drove from the Bay Area to Santa Barbara today and I can tell you California fuckin ruuuuuules.

I unsuccessfully tried to talk my wife into letting me take 1 the whole way but it would have been like 6 hours.

I used to have to fly out to Burbank for work a few years back. Driving up around that area on the 1 is loving awesome. I grew up in San Clemente and miss driving along the beach.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
the water situation in the west is truly hosed though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

v2vian man posted:

definitely true.

I don't know what the situation is with these desalination plants we're supposed to have is

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Santa Barbara is the best city ever. I mean unless you like, hate rich people. If so there's always SLO. Actually I think the most perfect town I've been to is Carpinteria. It's like Norman Rockwell, Monet and Seurat all had a threesome.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Santa Barbara was the best place ever and I'm sad that I'm a grown up now

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Parmesan Basil posted:

I never said that. I just said it was better than any coastal city. That's just an objective truth!
Des Moines is awful and I hate having to travel there.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Parmesan Basil posted:

All of California is bad. I'd rather be in Nebraska.

Things that have never before been uttered for $1000, Alex

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ron Jeremy posted:

Woah Alex Smith you have huge hands

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

"Tiffany, maybe we should try birth control"

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I would love to see a twisted tale of the raiders going to vegas told in a Martin Scorsese way.Hookers, cocaine and Joe Pesci going ballistic while DeNiro looks concerned and smokes.A man can dream.

Imagine an NFL team moving there in the 60's and 70īs , good lord.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

v2vian man posted:

If it makes you feel better the planes states are just as hosed once the Ogallala Aquifer gets depleted/permanently polluted from fracking.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

If it makes you feel better the planes states are just as hosed once the Ogallala Aquifer gets depleted/permanently polluted from fracking.

Why would this make anyone feel better

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Spoeank posted:

*drives 4 miles down some of the most beautiful coast in the world*

yup,. i've seen everything representing this state, looks good.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Lamadrid posted:

I would love to see a twisted tale of the raiders going to vegas told in a Martin Scorsese way.Hookers, cocaine and Joe Pesci going ballistic while DeNiro looks concerned and smokes.A man can dream.

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a first round draft bust..."

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

i live in the inland empire (as i call it "orange county adjacent") and it's starting to grow on me

IE has a really big minor league baseball scene, i think there's 5 teams all within a <45min drive.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Six if you include the Angels

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Lamadrid posted:

Fear, Loathing, Hooters and Steroids in Las Vegas.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

LiquidFriend posted:

Des Moines is awful and I hate having to travel there.

Next time you're here you should stop by and hear me rant in person! Assuming you'll have time after you see all the amazing sites!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ron Jeremy posted:

Six if you include the Angels

:ohSnap:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

I for one look forward to the Dust Bowl returning.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

I for one look forward to the Dust Bowl returning.

It won't because we now have trees and advanced farming techniques to prevent that :eng101:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
As a Bay Area native I'm still anticipating the ironic reverse Grapes of Wrath scenario of a drought causing people to flee California

Especially if CA farmers were literally descended from families like the Joads

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Donkwich posted:

As a Bay Area native I'm still anticipating the ironic reverse Grapes of Wrath scenario of a drought causing people to flee California

They've already been migrating north for years.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

effectual posted:

Except everyone from the age of 18-24 who seem to want to go to SDSU or USD.

loving bay area teenagers

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

effectual posted:

While I had California plates on my car Portland drivers were massive assholes, consistently honking, refusing to let me over, etc. As soon as I got Oregon plates that completely changed.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm moving to the bay for work on Monday. I'm gonna miss LA :(

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Donkwich posted:

But this dust bowl will be congress created.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I had Kansas plates in California for 8 years. After a while I did it just to see how creative people could be.

Not very, as it turns out.

"you're not in Kansas anymore!" is not acceptable comedy road rage, assholes. Here's a nickel, have someone with a shred of talent ghostwrite your lines.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

kiimo posted:

I had Kansas plates in California for 8 years. After a while I did it just to see how creative people could be.

Not very, as it turns out.

"you're not in Kansas anymore!" is not acceptable comedy road rage, assholes. Here's a nickel, have someone with a shred of talent ghostwrite your lines.

A friend of mine had Kansas plates and a Chiefs license plate frame and wondered why he had trouble parking in Oakland.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I hoping my town gets turned into some sort of Venice-like city when the Potomac floods us out and I can take some sort of awesome boat-car to work.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kirios posted:

While I had California plates on my car Portland drivers were massive assholes, consistently honking, refusing to let me over, etc. As soon as I got Oregon plates that completely changed.

This will happen anywhere in the West. You might even get lynched if it's Idaho.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm moving to the bay for work on Monday. I'm gonna miss LA :(

On the one hand, I am so sorry for you. On the other, gently caress you for coming here and contributing to this mess.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Chichevache posted:

On the one hand, I am so sorry for you. On the other, gently caress you for coming here and contributing to this mess.

Do you know how hard it is to get a job when your resume just says GOON ????????????

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Should have played hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

My favorite hobby is bitching about the transplants crowding the Bay and ignoring that I was born and raised in Sacramento

• Locked thread