Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think that what from is truly incapable of is making hair styles that aren't atrocious

The styles are fine, but got forbid anyone has hair that isn't black or white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
The true form of High Lord Wolnir.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

More like: High Lord Pimpnir!

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think that what from is truly incapable of is making hair styles that aren't atrocious

I don't get what the gently caress happened between Dark Souls 2 and 3, because 2 had a character creator where you could at least make human-looking people easily. 3's is a trainwreck filled with potato-faced people.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Vanderdeath posted:

I don't get what the gently caress happened between Dark Souls 2 and 3, because 2 had a character creator where you could at least make human-looking people easily. 3's is a trainwreck filled with potato-faced people.
The main thing I miss from DS2's character creator is that glorious mustache. You know the one I'm taking about.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Oh my god

I saw that thing and I kept wondering, what the gently caress is that

So somewhere along the way, I got convinced the boss of the area (I think that's Cathedral of the Deep?) would be some kind of molten gold ooze, somehow! I kept seeing Aldritch's remains, and I had been to the Smouldering Lake at that point with the fire ooze, so I thought, hell why not, sounds like a cool boss in nice contrast to the delightfully disgusting Cathedral, let's do it

Hahahaha nope

I'm also a big fan of the collision gap in Farron Swamp. People kept putting a Illusory Wall message in front of it... And they were right!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Watching Northernlion's LP and learned that the pillars in Aldrich's room seem to protect you from arrows. At least the first phase.

RabidWeasel posted:

The styles are fine, but got forbid anyone has hair that isn't black or white.

I'm partially colorblind so I'm always hesitant to criticize things over color choices, but is it just me or is impossible to make blonde hair in DS3? Like human-blonde as opposed to green or neon-yellow?

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 13, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

The main thing I miss from DS2's character creator is that glorious mustache. You know the one I'm taking about.

did they kill the strongman stache? this is a travesty

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Can ya'll still do the tree jump in Firelink? I never had trouble with it before but now I've been attempting it for a solid 5 minutes and can't land it. I dunno why this would be one of the few things they patch though.

EDIT: Just got it so nope its not patched out, I'm just bad

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
**ly k***ht **dr

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Deified Data posted:

I'm partially colorblind so I'm always hesitant to criticize things over color choices, but is it just me or is impossible to make blonde hair in DS3? Like human-blonde as opposed to green or neon-yellow?

Yeah it's incredibly hard, you can get a sort of weird muted yellow-green but blonde just doesn't exist.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Heide's Garden of Drakes.... this should be a zone :colbert:

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Deified Data posted:

Yeah it is pretty much impossible to do blonde.

Viperix posted:

What are some fun/interesting weapons/builds worth basing a playthrough around? For PvE, and not a big heavy weapon, since I just wrapped up a heavy weapon run.

I just got done with a warden's twinblade playthrough and it was a blast. I figured I'd get a PvP bleed dude up and running, what surprised me is that those things absolutely destroy PvE as well, you're just a whirlwind blender. I thought it might be tricky because I figured some of the high poise and shield enemies would give me trouble but nope those things stun better than a greatsword.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Arya Stark, fully grown and fully trained by the Faceless Men of the House of Black and White, protects the secrets of her new found home by invading the Grand Archives! Those on her infamous list beware! She's going to find you, and she's going to kill you! By invading the archives as a MAAAAAADDDDD dark spirit! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMllxPjCpOs

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Atreiden posted:

Heide's Garden of Drakes.... this should be a zone :colbert:

it is in scholar of the first sin

tho I guess it's singular drake rather than plural

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

beefart posted:

Mimic hat owns and helped me clear out the old lady's inventory super quickly before starting NG+

Put on Mimic head plus Shield of Want plus covetous ring, go to dragonkin mausoleum bonfire and murder the poo poo out of summoned drakeblood knights on the lower floor for almost 8k souls per kill with a bonfire 30 feet from you in case you die or need to refill estus.

This except the golden angel knights for like 60k a run

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Blaziken386 posted:

too many bracelets gently caress YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
He lost one that's why he went crazy.

Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

Now Entering... Road.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Toiwat posted:

Now Entering... Road.

Now Entering.... The Doors......*Break on Through starts playing*

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

SciFiDownBeat posted:

hook us up with the build and equipment deets

Normal loadout is Sellswords, buckler, and composite bow. Pyro headband, Master's Attire, Iron Bracelets, Loincloth. ALWAYS HAVE THE UNTRUE DARK RING EQUIPPED. What's the point if you don't show up in all of your beautiful blue glory? I really wish there was a chest piece that looked nicer (or like nothing) and that there was a speedo-like legging that you could equip. But Fashionsouls can only be expected to be so good.

THE POWER IS YOURS

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
You'll pay for this captain planet

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Ocelotte was almost assuredly cut from the game due to censorship. I believe Oceiros is supposed to be holding him/her in his cutscnee.

Cutting content is not the same as censoring, dude.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I made a guy named Bob Dylan with the goal to use the Elenora. I don't know how to outfit him though.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

MarshyMcFly posted:

Now Entering.... The Doors......*Break on Through starts playing*

you know the drake destroys the knight
fire divides the gray
try to run, bridge, can't hide
burned to death 'fore the other side

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
After hundreds of hours with Dark Souls games, pressing foward + R1/R2 is still a crap shoot.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Wildtortilla posted:

After hundreds of hours with Dark Souls games, pressing foward + R1/R2 is still a crap shoot.

Yeah I still can't do it. Same with leaping attacks. I'm glad you can at least do them while running now.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Wildtortilla posted:

Unless you are in the middle of a combo, at which point kicking approaches 100% the closer it is to be a horrible time to kick.

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico
I heard you like fire so From made Firelink Lake of the First Flame

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006

hampig posted:

I just got done with a warden's twinblade playthrough and it was a blast. I figured I'd get a PvP bleed dude up and running, what surprised me is that those things absolutely destroy PvE as well, you're just a whirlwind blender. I thought it might be tricky because I figured some of the high poise and shield enemies would give me trouble but nope those things stun better than a greatsword.

What was your stat spread for this? I've been keen on a bleed build for a while, but don't know how to spilt dex and luck.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Bloodborne had you butcher a ton of little baby monsters, I don't see how killing a baby dragon thing would be much different. I don't think they were forced to censor it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

I could reliably pull off a guard break in DS2 (on a keyboard) about 85-90% of the time. Trying to kick in DS3 is like trying to toilet train a cat, by comparison.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Just push forward a bit before hitting the button instead of at the exact same time.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So crystal rapier or crystal hail as a sorcerer? I heard crystal hail sucked but they made it better with the patches?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Philosopher King posted:

So crystal rapier or crystal hail as a sorcerer? I heard crystal hail sucked but they made it better with the patches?
The rapier might suck even worse. Though ofc you will deprive yourself of a little extra item find you can't get anywhere else if you don't make it. Though it's all about luck anyway, so I'd say go for the spell.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the main goal of most of the plot of bloodborne is murdering a baby cthulhu and you need to kill its wet nurse to do it. the mother then thanks you for it

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Philosopher King posted:

Neither is good but rapier comes with item find, and you don't even need the stats to wield it to take advantage of its effect.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I'm glad they removed that cartoonish baby munching because not only is it hilariously and stupidly edgy but it would be even more annoying hearing it every time than with the twin princes talking about spots on graves. It's a much better fight thematically if the baby is already dead and Oceiros is so far-gone in his madness he never accepted it than the whole invisible baby stuff people ramble all about.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Philosopher King posted:

Crystal Hail got buffed and is solid for PVP, bad for PVE still since the damage isn't great and it's move about controlling your enemy's movement.

But the rapier is also pretty bad. An estoc infused with crystal will be stronger and won't require scales. Only use the rapier is you just really like it. Still useful to get for farming for its item find bonus.

Desperate Character posted:

I'm glad they removed that cartoonish baby munching because not only is it hilariously and stupidly edgy but it would be even more annoying hearing it every time than with the twin princes talking about spots on graves. It's a much better fight thematically if the baby is already dead and Oceiros is so far-gone in his madness he never accepted it than the whole invisible baby stuff people ramble all about.

What the hell is this bullshit about them removing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

New Royal Copse of Blue
Tseldora of Lothric