Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

I haven't actually used it in a heist but from dicking around with it in the safehouse it basically solves the issue light ARs have where they have small magazines by giving it a loving Beta C-Mag.

does it have LMG-style pickup or is it the awful AR pickup? in the beta, I mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Discendo Vox posted:

OVERKILL_Almir posted:

Stay mad payday community. Your tears fuel me.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really, really wish you could give the Scar a dual mag. That'd help that weapon so much.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

does it have LMG-style pickup or is it the awful AR pickup? in the beta, I mean

It doesn't appear to have any special limitations on pickup. It has 200 total ammo, and it's pickup is 2.7 to 9.45. It's got more ammo than most ~45 damage rifles (which sit at 150) but less ammo than the 39.9 light rifles (which are at 240).

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Fellis posted:

Can we at least all agree that Where's The Van is the best song to ironically like and own yourself by putting it on your playlist and it comes up for every endurance run

this unironically

Where's The Van?! is really good although the in-game version is missing the "If you've got a god I'd start praying." bit.

Edit:

"Oppressor: Ace should now correctly reduce the flashbang effect by 75% "
FINALLY!

"Fixed an issue where Close By: Ace would give the fire rate bonus to automatic shotguns "
Awww. :(

"Rogue: Shadow Warrior now grants 15% more dodge instead of 10%"
This is interesting though.

watho fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 13, 2016

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Sounds like dodge builds are back, baby!

50% base dodge :getin:

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

watho posted:

"Rogue: Shadow Warrior now grants 15% more dodge instead of 10%"
This is interesting though.

It's just a correction, really - the overall 5% dodge nerf to suits was likely supposed to be aimed at Grinder/Ex-President users in suits and not a further nerf to the perk deck that has only dodge to rely on, no health regen or increased health. Rogue's still not back to its former 50% base dodge glory, but at least it wasn't nerfed further into uselessness. I am curious to see how Rogue plays nowadays with new & improved FAKs, especially since I got enough points to climb up to Hostage Taker basic, but I'm worried I've been spoiled by the 40% health buff that Grinder and Ex-Prez get. Or, y'know, the crazy health regen. I do miss sprinting through entire assault waves, though.

Drewjitsu posted:

Sounds like dodge builds are back, baby!

50% base dodge :getin:

45%

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Ex-President will probably still be better but it's cool that Rogue once again is DW viable.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

quote:

stop loving making updates
slow it down

gamers

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So now that they have all the skills up, what would be the most reasonable guesstimate for the time skill beta would need to finish? Like end of the Summer at most?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crabtree posted:

So now that they have all the skills up, what would be the most reasonable guesstimate for the time skill beta would need to finish? Like end of the Summer at most?

next week.

also I've now learned "drongo" is an insult. The things you learn from Payday. :allears:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Anarchist perk deck is really fun. It might be the equalizer for armor builds that's been needed for a while.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

clockworkjoe posted:

FYI all the Le Castlevania songs will get Content ID matched and monetized if you post a video on Youtube with them.

Also, Vox, I found a few places where I got stuck and had to quit or go into custody:

Watchdogs day 1: I was behind the drillable gate when it swung open and I got stuck behind it.

Beneath the Mountain - one of the SUVs parked right against the wall on a slope going down - I jumped into the space between the SUV and the wall, thinking I could hide in it, but I got stuck.

Pls report these if you can thx

I've replicated the Watchdogs one- it's amazing how long that's been in-game. Would you like me to credit you for it, and if so using what steam name?

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Psion posted:

also I've now learned "drongo" is an insult. The things you learn from Payday. :allears:

Speaking of insults, I don't know if Overkill did it knowingly or not but she's also a Collingwood Magpies Football Club supporter:

- Magpie mask
- Magpie tats
- Is a criminal

Also, "No Wocking Furries" is a turn of phrase I have not heard since my childhood and it was glorious to hear it again.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Bootleg Rifle trip report: I love this goddamn gun. Minimal effort can push it to 43dam/40acc/100stab (or 42/44/92) and it's a beautiful mid-range weapon.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

ClonedPickle posted:

It's just a correction, really - the overall 5% dodge nerf to suits was likely supposed to be aimed at Grinder/Ex-President users in suits and not a further nerf to the perk deck that has only dodge to rely on, no health regen or increased health. Rogue's still not back to its former 50% base dodge glory, but at least it wasn't nerfed further into uselessness. I am curious to see how Rogue plays nowadays with new & improved FAKs, especially since I got enough points to climb up to Hostage Taker basic, but I'm worried I've been spoiled by the 40% health buff that Grinder and Ex-Prez get. Or, y'know, the crazy health regen. I do miss sprinting through entire assault waves, though.

I started playing around with Rogue again on one of my dodge builds just before the beta hit and it's still pretty good. Making FAKs better/more accessible would be a huge boon.

watho posted:

Anarchist perk deck is really fun. It might be the equalizer for armor builds that's been needed for a while.

A friend I was playing with combined it with a suit, Frenzy and Berserker and became an unstoppable killing machine.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Well.. Anarchist plus this build means I have 221 armor with the vest, so I can zip around the map shooting and stabbing cops while regenerating armor pretty much instantly, not even having to care about where my bullets go with the bootleg, because chances are that they're embedded into the bodies or skulls of cops. :getin:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Rougey posted:

"No Wocking Furries"

wat

EDIT: Wait, is this like... "no loving worries"?

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Bad news, Vox

Doesn't affect console :smug:

E:
Assuming xb1 gets caught up to point break jobs- what are the highlights in between? I guess guns would be my main question.

swims fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 13, 2016

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

wat

EDIT: Wait, is this like... "no loving worries"?

Yah.

Australian English is best English.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
FYI: Ex-President will currently make you invincible. This will probably be fixed very soon so abuse it while you can.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Sydney Pack Report: She told a tazer to sit on her dick, the gun is super great, and you can twirl a butterfly blade around during lulls in copkilling.

Havent fully build up Anarchist yet, but as i love heavy armor enforcer builds, with the Autofire stuff from oppressor tree in technician, Sydney was made for me.

TLDR: Sydney is great, SO LONG WICK

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Talkc posted:

Havent fully build up Anarchist yet, but as i love heavy armor enforcer builds, with the Autofire stuff from oppressor tree in technician, Sydney was made for me.

I haven't given it a thorough test-drive, yet, but Anarchist looks promising as hell. With an LBV and a few skills, I'm at 291 armor. In an ICTV, I'd be a 431 armor. You basically just never, ever take health damage.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Windmill Update:
650 GL40 kills to go.

I was able to solo Hard Panic Room without getting downed for a challenge, but, surprise surprise, Heat Street is a lot harder-especially without killing civs. It's the only heist-specific non-achievement challenge I have left.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Discendo Vox posted:

I've replicated the Watchdogs one- it's amazing how long that's been in-game. Would you like me to credit you for it, and if so using what steam name?

sure - clockworkjoe http://steamcommunity.com/id/clockworkjoe/

I tried Anarchist on DW and it was okay but hard to get used to - it was easier with suit plus iron man skill (221 armor) rather than ICTV plus iron man armor (431 armor) - regen rate is heavily affected by armor type. A suit regens a lot faster than ICTV. It's easy to get overwhelmed - 2 dozers will basically end you at once (one to break armor, one to down you) - with 115 health, you have zero margin of error on DW. It helps to have skills that regen armor like bullseye. I was kind of thrown off because 2 players had ex-presidents so I was trying to keep up with bugged immortal players. I'll probably do better with a normal group.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Man, I am not sure how I feel about this permanent loss of safes. I mean, I get the rationale and all, but...drat.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Context, Vox?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They're removing Sputnik and Dallas safe drops

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

ClonedPickle posted:

FYI: Ex-President will currently make you invincible. This will probably be fixed very soon so abuse it while you can.

Wait, Ex-President does? What's the bug?

E: nevermind, looks like they already fixed it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Talkc posted:

Sydney Pack Report: She told a tazer to sit on her dick, the gun is super great, and you can twirl a butterfly blade around during lulls in copkilling.

TLDR: Sydney is great, SO LONG WICK

I don't know if I'm sold on the character but drat is the Bootleg so much fun to use. Like I can't really put my finger on why, I guess it's like an LMG that feels like a CAR-4. Ultimately I may just fall back on my Grinder deck, pick Jacket as my main heister, but keep the Bootleg around as my all-'rounder weapon of choice.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The Bootleg is basically a jack of all trades gun - like an LMG without a bipod but with irons, like an AR with a good mag size, whatever you want it to be it probably can. It's pretty cool that way.

It's definitely best in short-range engagements but it's decent enough at reaching out; you are going to want the base +acc/stab bonuses from the skilltree for it. Ammo management is meh to terrible on any map that isn't the diamond where you can hoover up 503 ammo boxes in one room every 10 seconds, though.

what I want to try, because it sounds really ridiculous, is single-fire lock it, take all the single fire skills, and try to make it a sharpshooter rifle with a 100 round magazine. If anyone does this let me know.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 13, 2016

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Oh.

So not that big of a deal then.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Skunkrocker posted:

Oh.

So not that big of a deal then.

The Dallas safes are the only place to get :911: skins. Their loss will be felt by, well, at least me.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I have 9 dallas/sputnik safes (4 of one, 5 of the other) so I'm set forever. I'll wait until they're 5 cents each and rake in the profit :getin:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I like how I have this Christmas safe I can do nothing with even though I have a drill for it. :colbert:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You can open the safe. You just can't get the safe drop if you didn't already have it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

When new updates stop I'm going to see if I can convince the devs to reactivate all safe drops from cards, including COP safes and drills for COP owners. That should have the effect of increasing the long tail of the skin economy somewhat- and it means I can finally get that mint Green Greed I so desperately need.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 13, 2016

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Do skin unlockers still work? Been awhile since I've run any scripts because of the beta.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
new possible bug in the beta: Putting a sentry turret on a thermal drill may cause the game to crash when the drill is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Do skin unlockers still work? Been awhile since I've run any scripts because of the beta.

My totally legitimate Astatoz says yes.

Also, Project Phoenix currently glitches out all in-game sounds.