Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Anyone think thunderbolt will get a dub? Steve Blum as io Fleming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Looking at the shows in new and returning acquisitions, it looks like it'll have a pretty clear field, too. None of the good anime they'll be running at the same time really overlaps that much in concept and appeal. Closest thing is Hunter X Hunter, which is excellent, but still a very different beast, or maybe Parasyte. Its only real sci-fi action competition is Dimension W, which was a complete loving disaster.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Do OVAs this short usually get dubs?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Droyer posted:

If they're gonna be aired on TV. Endless Waltz, the Miller Report, and 0080 did.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Shame that Miller's report sucks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Droyer posted:

It's being rereleased as a film, so there's a tiny, tiny chance, I guess?

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
Thunderbolt is getting a dub. It was on the solicit for the DVD/BD release, and the Gundam Global Portal Facebook posted that they did the first session with Io's VA today.

https://www.facebook.com/gundamglobalportal/posts/1005904812778994

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

OZC posted:

Thunderbolt is getting a dub. It was on the solicit for the DVD/BD release, and the Gundam Global Portal Facebook posted that they did the first session with Io's VA today.

https://www.facebook.com/gundamglobalportal/posts/1005904812778994

Neato!

Also you're THAT OZC right? You do good work and I appreciate it.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Please bring over Gundam Breaker 3 soon so I don't have to wait until Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn 2 to play as these new, cool, dubbed Gundams. Actually also make DWGR2 soon while we're at it so I can punch all these new guys as Loran.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The IBO on Adult Swim news just makes me sadder that G-Reco's English release was poorly handled in almost every possible way unless you were Australian

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The GIG posted:

Please bring over Gundam Breaker 3 soon

Won't happen, it's why the Asian English release exists, since it's region-free.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The GIG posted:

Please bring over Gundam Breaker 3 soon so I don't have to wait until Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn 2 to play as these new, cool, dubbed Gundams. Actually also make DWGR2 soon while we're at it so I can punch all these new guys as Loran.

"We can't let the past REPEAT ITSELF!!!"

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Won't happen, it's why the Asian English release exists, since it's region-free.

Extreme Vs Force is getting brought over after it had a SEA release so until E3 comes and goes without an announcement I'm holding off on importing/making a foreign PSN.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

Droyer posted:

Neato!

Also you're THAT OZC right? You do good work and I appreciate it.

Yep, that's me. Glad you enjoy it and thanks for saying so.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It's nice that Bandai is sort of caring about the NA market again.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Monaghan posted:

It's nice that Bandai is sort of caring about the NA market again.

They've done a pretty good job at informing people that IBO exists and all it took was putting it up on places people actually use to watch anime.

What a novel approach.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've played enough of Loran in all the games that I can tell you the actual line is "We cannot" instead of "We can't" and the line elevates in volume until you hit the last two words.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Steve Blum as the entire cast. :getin:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Srice posted:

They've done a pretty good job at informing people that IBO exists and all it took was putting it up on places people actually use to watch anime.

What a novel approach.

You mean not tucking it away on the GundamInfo youtube channel in a big pile with tons of other random videos?????

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kanos posted:

You mean not tucking it away on the GundamInfo youtube channel in a big pile with tons of other random videos?????

And actually letting people know when a new episode was out.

A madman has taken over the Sunrise offices.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

AradoBalanga posted:

Steve Blum as the entire cast. :getin:

I watch Regular Show for my occasional Steve Blum injection but I'm all primed and ready for the Steve Blum show feat. some japanese robots

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I'm glad for this brave new world of Gundam being a thing again.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The GIG posted:

I'm glad for this brave new world of Gundam being a thing again.

Speaking of which, I spotted an interesting mural earlier today

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The GIG posted:

I've played enough of Loran in all the games that I can tell you the actual line is "We cannot" instead of "We can't" and the line elevates in volume until you hit the last two words.

The worst part is that wrote cannot at first and then changed it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

MonsieurChoc posted:

ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH KAMILLE!?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Too bad Michael Jackson is gone, we could have had Captain E-O as Ensign Io.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
After playing some Super Robot Wars I finally decided to get into Gundam. I finished the 79 movies and I really like them. My favorite part was when Char ruined Amuro's pants.

I am now watching 08th Ms Team

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Watch 0080 next, it's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUn7KgXhwwI

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Seconding 0080. Make sure to eat a hamburger during the last episode for maximum effect.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PBS Newshour posted:

After playing some Super Robot Wars I finally decided to get into Gundam. I finished the 79 movies and I really like them. My favorite part was when Char ruined Amuro's pants.

I am now watching 08th Ms Team

Welcome! There is a broad spectrum of opinion on "good" and "bad" though I think we all agree that AGE was garbage and I don't think there's much dissent about 0080 being good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Stardust memory has pretty fights, decent voice acting, some good side characters, an amazing soundtrack, and the worst romance, protagonist and story imagineable

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah, 0080 was the one on my list I had next to watch after this.

Three episodes in 08th, Shiro seems like kinda an idiot. I think still like him tho.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

PBS Newshour posted:

Three episodes in 08th, Shiro seems like kinda an idiot. I think still like him tho.

Truly, the Will Ferell of the One Year War.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

Shiro is pretty odd as far as Gundam protagonists go. He's extremely...normal for one thing. Most Gundam MCs are very special for one reason or another.

I liked him and the rest of his team for this reason. They were just normal soldiers, not psychic badasses. You can keep your Bright Slap, give me Karen kicking the one guy in the balls.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Shiro is pretty odd as far as Gundam protagonists go. He's extremely...normal for one thing. Most Gundam MCs are very special for one reason or another.

I liked him and the rest of his team for this reason. They were just normal soldiers, not psychic badasses. You can keep your Bright Slap, give me Karen kicking the one guy in the balls.

I still say Chris is the biggest outlier for the main Gundam pilot in a series. She's a professional in her early 20s, she's level headed and friendly from the start, she's competent as a pilot without being The Best Ever, both her parents are alive and on quite good terms with her...

Seriously, for a mech pilot, the woman's a total freakshow.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

This is the pilot who saved the Federation.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm that animation tween at the end.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Now people can truly understand the power of the RGM-79D Cold Districts GM.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Shiro starts off alright and had an arrogant streak to him that gets checked as the series progresses, eventually turning from his initial bloodlust into outright hatred for warfare. It's not bad as far as character arcs go but the show gets sloppy about it with the director change. Shiro's turn to pacifism is presented like he's a hippie who undercuts his own team's safety out of self interest.
He's still better than most other oldtype pilots and is definitely one of the best oldtype aces in the oyw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Arcsquad12 posted:

Please no, I'm tired of listening to the green goblin everywhere he does dubs.