Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

I know a guy at work who loves all of Bethesda's RPG's and has hundreds of hours in every single one, that kind of 'you can just gently caress around and do whatever' appeals to some people (a lot of people if sales figures are any indication) even if it's deep as a puddle on a dry spell.

I put like 80 hours into Oblivion but that's why I can't play any of the others now.

i put like 200 into it as a kid and never went into another oblivion gate after the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I put 120 hours into Skyrim and never came close to resolving a main quest. Same for FO3 too.

New Vegas though, 200 hours and I played everythiiiing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hello friends, how is everyone doing today?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
what's that game where you go over to a couple's house for dinner and they're being really bitchy with each other and you can side with them for different endings?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Sudeki is better than

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

computer parts posted:

what's that game where you go over to a couple's house for dinner and they're being really bitchy with each other and you can side with them for different endings?

Facade?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

computer parts posted:

sounds like my ex-wife *scattered laughter as most of the crowd stands up and leaves*

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

It's Facade.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

loving great, i just learned Reese's is planing on releasing Reese's cups filled with Reese's pieces.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

I am doing pretty well.

I don't often reply to you, but I really, really like how you always ask everyone how they are doing and wish them well. Internet forums, especially game discussion ones, are often toxic and hostile places, and I think it does a lot to bring in some genuine courtesy and well-wishing. It brightens up the thread.

I just published part 7 of my LP and I'm feeling pretty good about how it's going and everything I've learned so far while doing it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGHKe7Fr_g&t=780s

jesus christ

Nasgate posted:

loving great, i just learned Reese's is planing on releasing Reese's cups filled with Reese's pieces.

stay safe, friend, and do not overdose on reese's

Snak posted:

I am doing pretty well.

I just published part 7 of my LP and I'm feeling pretty good about how it's going and everything I've learned so far while doing it.

I'm glad you are doing well!! :)

what are you LPing?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

Doing great. How are you? I'm playing Doom currently. It's good :)

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
FAK reminds me of Nintendo's friendly reminders to take a break, except it's a sexy grandpa telling you instead of a loading screen tip.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
But the dispenser isn't actually videogame controlled... he just manually pushes it up.
I was expected he had some thing that detected button presses to advance the food, but no.

quote:

I'm glad you are doing well!! :)

what are you LPing?

The Mark of Kri
I didn't link my LP here, because there is a whole forum for these things and there's a thread in that forum for new LPs. I figure all of that exists to stop people from spamming the gen-chat thread with plugs for LPs. So this is the only time I'm gonna link it here, I promise. The thread is a graveyard. That's okay, I've got some viewers, and I'm having fun :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

Doing great. How are you? I'm playing Doom currently. It's good :)

I am glad that Doom turned out to be good for all of the people who were waiting for it to be released.

I am doing well. Looking at some dumb fanart, might play a video game, idk, just relaxing with my fiancee while we watch vids and stuff. Not much else going on atm

Snak posted:

The Mark of Kri
I didn't link my LP here, because there is a whole forum for these things and there's a thread in that forum for new LPs. I figure all of that exists to stop people from spamming the gen-chat thread with plugs for LPs. So this is the only time I'm gonna link it here, I promise. The thread is a graveyard. That's okay, I've got some viewers, and I'm having fun :)

The mark of kri is a game that I have heard of, and that is about all I can say about it. I am glad you are having fun with it though :D

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

bloodychill posted:

I put 120 hours into Skyrim and never came close to resolving a main quest. Same for FO3 too.

New Vegas though, 200 hours and I played everythiiiing.

Shows you which one was the better game.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OipJYWhMi3k

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

420 hours (seriously, not making some weed joke) of New Vegas to 100% everything across multiple playthroughs, 205 hours of ES5 to 100% it; had to force myself to get through Skyrim's quests or I'd have just given up out of boredom. Had to do the same with Fo3, which I don't have on Steam, so I've no clue how much time I spent on it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nasgate posted:

reeses pieces are just peanut butter in a shell tho, that makes no sense

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
xzibit meme here

Anyway I am having a good day I did nothing game related except play some clash royale. But after dinner I am going to play some of that xcom xpirate TC that corn posted in the steam thread yesterday. It looks awesome.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Xelkelvos posted:

Side question: I liked Saints Row 4 and Just Cause 2 and just generally running around and fulfilling open world objective and looking for collectibles, would dropping $15 for Prototype 1 and 2 be worth the cash? (Sale link)
If all you liked about them was running around and looking for collectibles, probably not so much, but in general I would say that if you liked Saints Row 4 you should like the Prototype games.

Also, it's really sad no other game has given you a score in terms of the billions of dollars in damage you are costing the US Government.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uncharted 4 was a cool capstone to the series and probably the most gorgeous looking game I have ever played.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Just finished Peace Walker, thus finishing every game in the Legacy collection, minus the MSX games which I just watched LPs of and VR Missions. I liked all of them, though I would agree that MGS4 isn't as good as the rest. Most of the boss fights are good though besides Raging Raven, and the final battle itself was a lot of fun. MGS3 was easily my favorite of the lot, just top to bottom a super enjoyable experience in both story and gameplay.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

Uncharted 4 was a cool capstone to the series and probably the most gorgeous looking game I have ever played.

Do they add anything new to the gameplay? Is there a new mechanic?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i got cod blops, MW2 and MW3 for $12 all together, thanks gamestop

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm really looking forward to playing through the single player, since this seems like a common sentiment. I just have to play 3 first and also stop playing 4's multiplayer, which is surprisingly quite fun.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

bloodychill posted:

I'm really looking forward to playing through the single player, since this seems like a common sentiment. I just have to play 3 first and also stop playing 4's multiplayer, which is surprisingly quite fun.

play 1 on piss easy. its kinda crappy and hasnt aged well even with the collection updates. 2 is amazing and 3 is good.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm really enjoying Uncharted 4. It's really, really, really pretty and a lot of fun. I'm also glad it doesn't seem to be quite as dark and somber as the trailers tried to make it seem. It's still very Uncharted.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Dapper_Swindler posted:

play 1 on piss easy. its kinda crappy and hasnt aged well even with the collection updates. 2 is amazing and 3 is good.

Oh I played 1 and 2 already and concur with your assessment. 1 was ok but nothing special but I fell in love with 2 and it was that kind of situation where I wanted to talk about it with people and they were all "yeah it's great but that game out years ago."

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

I'm really enjoying Uncharted 4. It's really, really, really pretty and a lot of fun. I'm also glad it doesn't seem to be quite as dark and somber as the trailers tried to make it seem. It's still very Uncharted.

Hah, yeah I was expecting it to be The Last of Us: Uncharted edition but it's very much not.
The marketing was fairly effective though because there were a couple of points where I was totally going 'oh poo poo noooo' when it came to certain characters, when I would have normally assumed everything was going to work out fine.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I like the expanded stealth, too. All it really took was giving the player the ability to mark enemies and then making it possible for them to lose track of you if you escape after being discovered and boom, stealth works. It's still no stealth game, but I've always felt like Nate would be more likely to sneak around whenever possible rather than go in guns blazing, so I like that I can play that way.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
These loving races in Mad Max are kind of poo poo and not fun. I get saddled with my choice of crappy cars instead of my beautiful Magnum Opus and then I get gangbanged by six other bumper cars for two minutes, who I can never outrun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYcUEmdWUIc

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Today was Gamestop's Lego Dimension day so I spent 30 dollars on 2 of the charecter packs and a 2 team pack.

I don't even own a copy of the game and figured I'd pick it up later in the year when it's on sale possibly cheaper and I have some more disposable money.
I got kind of interested in seeing what they looked like so I opened up Wonder Woman and looked at the instructions. It told me to follow the onscreen build instructions which I do not have.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Today was Gamestop's Lego Dimension day so I spent 30 dollars on 2 of the charecter packs and a 2 team pack.

I don't even own a copy of the game and figured I'd pick it up later in the year when it's on sale possibly cheaper and I have some more disposable money.
I got kind of interested in seeing what they looked like so I opened up Wonder Woman and looked at the instructions. It told me to follow the onscreen build instructions which I do not have.

Well Disney Infinity just shut down a few days ago, so obviously the propriety NFC game market is only going up!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Lego dimensions looks neat but also like lego it is way too expensive

Are you able to follow the instructions online like with a youtube vid?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

8-Bit Scholar posted:

These loving races in Mad Max are kind of poo poo and not fun. I get saddled with my choice of crappy cars instead of my beautiful Magnum Opus and then I get gangbanged by six other bumper cars for two minutes, who I can never outrun.
The races are poo poo but thankfully you don't get anything for doing them so you can ignore them.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

The races are poo poo but thankfully you don't get anything for doing them so you can ignore them.

You get a fast travel point, and depending on your progress, a level up token and a new vehicle.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Technically you should be able to use the magnum opus, just in pre-determined configurations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The races would be 100% better if the opponents had a standard 'we're racing' AI instead of 'we're just going to pit manuever you all day long' AI.

• Locked thread