Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hm..So, goonmod skins don't really seem to be working correctly

I'm guessing that some files didn't download

edit: This error is in the beta and non-beta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

UnknownMercenary posted:

You can open the safe. You just can't get the safe drop if you didn't already have it.

I can't open the safe in Steam inventory or in-game. :shrug:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Do you have the corresponding drill to open said safe?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

They both get granted at the same time. Also keep in mind if you're using the skin unlocker it actually disables all real Steam items so you can't do anything with your actual safe.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Yeah, so Anarchist is really, really good.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

UnknownMercenary posted:

They both get granted at the same time. Also keep in mind if you're using the skin unlocker it actually disables all real Steam items so you can't do anything with your actual safe.

That was it.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Pro tip: If someone in your group goes into custody before the airlock on Beneath the Mountain, don't enter the airlock if you already have a hostage. Wait for the assault to end, then get your guy out - otherwise, they may be stuck in custody for the remainder of the heist.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Pro tip: If someone in your group goes into custody before the airlock on Beneath the Mountain, don't enter the airlock if you already have a hostage. Wait for the assault to end, then get your guy out - otherwise, they may be stuck in custody for the remainder of the heist.

Cripes, good call. That needs to be reported as a bug. There are going to be a number of analogous situations for other "points of no return".

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Couldn't you just drag the hostage with you?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

widespread posted:

Couldn't you just drag the hostage with you?

No, since a hostage on that map would be a dominated opponent, and those can't be moved.

Also I came back yesterday to try out the beta and God-drat is the new Technician good. You really get a lot of deployables, and can finally be useful with them. Fire Trap is a great area denial thing, and it makes maps where you defend powerboxes a breeze, especially since most of those maps are greatly sped up by Breaching Charges. Making those come with the C4 but use a separate "ammo" pool is what makes it great. Having 6 Sentries, 7 Trip Mines and 3 Breaching Charges (or 14 Trip Mines, 6 Breaching Charges and 3 Sentries) means the build is something to actually consider as opposed to "just shoot them", which is great.

Try the beta, it's a lot of fun.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 10:41 on May 14, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

Cripes, good call. That needs to be reported as a bug. There are going to be a number of analogous situations for other "points of no return".

Does the game no longer delete the hostages you have there? Because before it would just remove all the dominated cops on map once you enter the airlock.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Potentially dumb question, if I'm the only person with goonmod installed will it gently caress anything up for anybody else?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Orv posted:

Potentially dumb question, if I'm the only person with goonmod installed will it gently caress anything up for anybody else?

Nope! It's completely innocuous if you don't touch the mutators. Circumvent the RNG bullshit to your heart's desire (turn on extended inventory and gagecoins if you have not already).

It doesn't play well with the beta in one aspect, switching perk decks. It'll crash your game. Apparently you can avoid this by disabling infamy outliners, a feature that highlights the skills you previously specced into a loadout.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Cool thanks. RNG was a large part of why I wasn't fond of this game and I'm giving it another shot with some friends so skipping that stuff sounds great.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Delacroix posted:

Nope! It's completely innocuous if you don't touch the mutators. Circumvent the RNG bullshit to your heart's desire (turn on extended inventory and gagecoins if you have not already).

It doesn't play well with the beta in one aspect, switching perk decks. It'll crash your game. Apparently you can avoid this by disabling infamy outliners, a feature that highlights the skills you previously specced into a loadout.

And even that one problem can be circumvented by just not going into the perk deck menu and switching 'em with the mouse wheel instead. Goonmod (and Pocohud, too) has been stable as a rock for me so far

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Orv posted:

Cool thanks. RNG was a large part of why I wasn't fond of this game and I'm giving it another shot with some friends so skipping that stuff sounds great.

They really should nuke the loot drop system and make their own in game storefront that you can use your in game money with at this point if they're reworking everything else from skills to weapon balance.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Really like the new/revamped skills but the beta is a bit too buggy. Have they said when it's going to be finished?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Crabtree posted:

They really should nuke the loot drop system

Especially since it's not "really" random and there is a seed system that's tied to some metadata or something, the upshot of which is that some players simply will never get certain things ever unless they cheat it in.

Like right now, I'm completely out of mask colors and none have dropped for me in several months.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

Does the game no longer delete the hostages you have there? Because before it would just remove all the dominated cops on map once you enter the airlock.

It does not, no. This is kind of a problem, as you might imagine.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Yeah, so Anarchist is really, really good.

I agree, though it's even more vulnerable to chain-down Deathwish bullshit than Grinder is. But it's also really fun. Pair with Ace Bullseye for the best of times.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 14, 2016

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Just started playing this again after a year off. Bipod with the Buzzsaw LMG is hilarious.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

King Vidiot posted:

Especially since it's not "really" random and there is a seed system that's tied to some metadata or something, the upshot of which is that some players simply will never get certain things ever unless they cheat it in.

Like right now, I'm completely out of mask colors and none have dropped for me in several months.

I don't see how that's possible. As far as I know, aside from the weapon mod limits and variance on infamous mask elements, the system is as random as it's possible to be. Do you have a source for this metadata/never getting things issue?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

It does not, no. This is kind of a problem, as you might imagine.

Someone make an :overkill: gif already.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't see how that's possible. As far as I know, aside from the weapon mod limits and variance on infamous mask elements, the system is as random as it's possible to be. Do you have a source for this metadata/never getting things issue?

I didn't record it but I didn't get the starter pistol sight for any gun for an entire year. Oh I'll get masks or patterns or even some infamous stuff to drop, but never a marksman sight for the entire first year of playing and it sucked. The RNG is brutal and that's why people were either forced to goon mod or forced to get gage courier and that's never been good. Honestly, they should make an in game storefront that just lets you buy the mods instead of waiting for you to find them and then pay money to put them on. Just loving let me use my in game billions to buy poo poo already.

You can tie certain mods to their DLC packs or achievements, but let people get them if they basically have the in game dosh and own the poo poo to unlock them.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Going months without a color drop seems like extreme hyperbole or the guy only plays once or twice a month.

Fwiw I have never seen electric center pattern drop on xb1. I remember on 360 and from reading about the early PC days how common that drop was. On 360 electric center was probably a 1 in 20 drop.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Is it just me or are Sydney's voice lines really quiet?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

Is it just me or are Sydney's voice lines really quiet?

Yeah, I had to turn down the music volume by a good 30% or more to barely hear her lines. Which is odd considering how hard she's screaming them.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Eh, RNG is really a bitch. I went some 650+ hours before I got the stupid shell rack for the Loco. Watched the guys I play with get it a couple times each before I finally got one to drop, and even then it was only after I had bought one with Gage Coins.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Crabtree posted:

I didn't record it but I didn't get the starter pistol sight for any gun for an entire year. Oh I'll get masks or patterns or even some infamous stuff to drop, but never a marksman sight for the entire first year of playing and it sucked. The RNG is brutal and that's why people were either forced to goon mod or forced to get gage courier and that's never been good. Honestly, they should make an in game storefront that just lets you buy the mods instead of waiting for you to find them and then pay money to put them on. Just loving let me use my in game billions to buy poo poo already.

You can tie certain mods to their DLC packs or achievements, but let people get them if they basically have the in game dosh and own the poo poo to unlock them.

That the RNG is stupid and that everyone should probably just use Goon Mod is not really in question.

The notion that some people have cursed seeds and are literally incapable of rolling Dillinger is pretty dumb and requires substantial, non-anecdotal proof though. It's like when people believed you needed to name your Barbiaran Cohen in Diablo in order to get certain drops. "I have played for 2 years and never rolled a *blank*" is lovely but it's not actually the same as, "due to the way this game is coded, it is actually impossible I will ever roll a *blank*".

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm pretty sure Chorse will literally never roll a Chains Begins, though

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

As a reminder, here's how card drops work.

When the game picks an item to drop, it checks to see if you have 2 of every weapon mod unattached and sitting in your inventory. If it does, you don't get a weapon mod. If you've got two of any particular mod in your inventory, you won't get that mod. I believe the same system is in place for boost cards. If you're level 100, you won't get XP, natch. There's no restriction on money drops.

As for mask parts...that gets more complicated. Here's what the wiki says, with some out of date info removed:

Infamous masks are unlocked via card drops. The chance of getting a mask ranges from 9.8% at level 1 to 15% at level 90+. When a mask is in your inventory(meaning unassembled), that mask's likelihood of showing up during a payday is halved. Playing on Very Hard, Overkill or Death Wish increases this chance by 2, 3 and 5 respectively. Each card drop has a 5% chance to include infamous items in its loot pool. Equipping a fully unlocked Perk Deck increases the chance to enable infamous items by 10% of its normal chance.

Your chance for getting a particular mask element is reduced by the size of the pool of masks the game can pick from, i.e. having more DLC.

On top of all this, certain masks and patterns (electric center and a couple of the infamous masks) have lower drop rates beyond the general table- when the game picks from the infamous pool for their category, you still have a lower chance of getting them from the drop.

I've found conflicting info on infamy rates, so aside from the fact that using a complete perk deck helps your odds, the default percentage chance is unclear. It's also unclear whether infamy outcome is evaluated before or after item type is decided. The rate may also be different for different mask items.

All of this is far less of an issue with offshore payday and the daily job system in place. My understanding is that the same 2 mod limit applies to mod and boost outcomes from that system, with the logical exception that if you have 2+ of everything in the group you choose in your inventory, the outcome is random. Note that because there are so many more sights than everything else, if you don't specify a mod type and you have more than 2 of everything, you're very likely to get a sight.

Crabtree posted:

The dailies do that for weapon mods. Most more recent DLC gives you the associated mods when they're achievement-locked.

swims posted:

Going months without a color drop seems like extreme hyperbole or the guy only plays once or twice a month.

Fwiw I have never seen electric center pattern drop on xb1. I remember on 360 and from reading about the early PC days how common that drop was. On 360 electric center was probably a 1 in 20 drop.

Electric center accidentally had a higher droprate than anything else during the beta. They changed it to have a lower drop rate than any of the other infamous patterns afterwards as an in-joke.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 14, 2016

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Someone make an :overkill: gif already.

We already have that, honestly. Just need to resize it and put it into gif form.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Major Windmill progress!

Only 330 GL40 kills to go. I got 250 just today.
<100 Reinbeck kills to go.
<1000 STRYK kills to go, but I may switch to the Bronco soon, as it's similarly unpleasant. As a reminder, I'm clearing weapon challenges in descending order of difficulty/ammo efficiency. This means that once the current weapons (especially the GL40) are clear, subsequent ones will happen much faster.

I also managed to solo Heat Street: Clean Hit, which involved finishing Heat Street on Hard without killing any civilians. I now never have to play heat street again. The only remaining non-weapon grind challenges are:

Sentry gun vs. the world – Be in a team that places four sentry guns during a heist. I just need to get three other people with the Wolf Pack for this. Not a big deal-probably doable alongside...

Noob herder – Beat any heist on Overkill difficulty with three other players who are all using the noob lube perk. That means they need to start the heist at level 5 or lower. Making a file backup in payday 1 so you can reset your level is annoying, and so is trying to clear a heist on Overkill under the best of circumstances. The real challenge is finding three other people willing to put up with the frustration and time investment. Thankfully, I already have a blood oath from one of the three I need, and Diamond Heist is pretty doable in a low level group. Now I just need to find two more folks who want to learn about payday 1 and get a really exclusive achievement in the bargain. Let me know if you're interested.

Blow out – Beat Undercover with everyone in the crew only using the GL40. Much harder than in Payday 2 because everyone has to do it. On the bright side, there's no difficulty requirement.

That's the wrong door, again! – Complete No Mercy on Overkill difficulty, having sawed open all three ICU security doors. This is basically a precursor to Doctor Miserable, only much harder because the map is a meatgrinder(think the drill on Slaughterhouse) and the game is so much more difficult than the sequel. This might be the hardest one I have left, though I have some ideas to make it

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 14, 2016

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Is Sydney more enthused than Clover to be carrying out mass murder of law enforcement? This is important.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Nobody is more enthusiastic than Clover.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Psion posted:

Nobody is more enthusiastic than Clover.

I dunno, Jimmy may give her a run for her money...

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

King Vidiot posted:

I would like to learn more about this. Is it really possible that there are certain items that will never, ever drop for me? Like, ever? I'd believe it in a heartbeat, but... really?

Because

Psion posted:

I'm pretty sure Chorse will literally never roll a Chains Begins, though

edit: http://asheron.wikia.com/wiki/Wi_Flag I want to believe

THE CHORSE fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 14, 2016

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

A friend I play with has gotten more gag ball masks than probably anybody else who's ever played the game. I think at any given moment he'll have a stock of about 4 or 5 of them in his inventory and he's crafted at least a dozen.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

King Vidiot posted:

A friend I play with has gotten more gag ball masks than probably anybody else who's ever played the game. I think at any given moment he'll have a stock of about 4 or 5 of them in his inventory and he's crafted at least a dozen.

:frogon:

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

King Vidiot posted:

is your friend named TRIBE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Caught Chains getting his rear end kicked by Black Widow in the new Captain America film. It's good to see Damion Poitier getting work.