Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Drakes posted:

They probably drop at any difficulty, but general opinion being that higher difficulty for better drop rates.

I suppose that makes sense, though I'm probably going to stick with VH. I'm just not strong enough to really grind out Extreme or Maniac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I just started playing with sound for the collab. Holy moly get loving hype music for collab/raid. :dance:

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

Eej posted:

Looks like you can only buy 3 of each weapon from the trade-in so if you want either of them maxed out (which you probably do, at least for the gun) it's time to grind

jesus lol, so you've got to buy the whole store out 3 times?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Sizup posted:

i bought a gun and another gun was immediately available.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Yeah, the way the treasure trade stores work for this event is that it shows that there is only 1, but it's because there's only one available at that price. The price rises with each successive purchase.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Sizup posted:

Nope, if you want to fully uncap one of the weapons the easiest way is to buy 3 and then grind Kamui (the big robot) at the highest difficulty you can handle until he drops you a fourth copy.

If you want uncapped multiples of the same weapon then you got some grinding to do

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Eej posted:

Nope, if you want to fully uncap one of the weapons the easiest way is to buy 3 and then grind Kamui (the big robot) at the highest difficulty you can handle until he drops you a fourth copy.

If you want uncapped multiples of the same weapon then you got some grinding to do
Does it matter which element Kamui for weapon drops?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
So, if I'm interpreting the event correctly, you get the wind lady from filling up the loyalty bar, the light one is bought from the event store with treasure from beating up the event boss, and the fire lady just joins you after doing all the story missions?

Also I just got Leviathan Omega from joining in on a Leviathan Omega raid and hitting it once, it was harder to get the SR Leviathan with animas. It's the first SSR I have other than Druj, Did I get super lucky or does that happen a lot?

Scoss fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 14, 2016

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
SSR summons are what you get in place of the ATK up weapons that you really want. You'll always need SSR weapons, at least 16 or 20 copies of particular ones to maximize your weapon pool as well as fodder weapons to skill up said weapon pool. SSR Summons become garbage that only serve to get your hopes up when you see a chest flip once you get four copies. Still getting those four copies is important, it's just every extra one past that is a letdown.

And yeah, as far as the event goes you get a lot of characters with neat gimmicks for not a huge amount of effort.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 14, 2016

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Has anyone got a link to a translation of the characters skills?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I just started playing with sound for the collab. Holy moly get loving hype music for collab/raid. :dance:

Yeah they go all out with the music at times, I love the stupid mech gimmick on the event characters. Fun attention to detail.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Blhue posted:

Has anyone got a link to a translation of the characters skills?

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/1340/collab-sakura-taisen-skyblazing-maidens

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Much obliged

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Scoss posted:

So, if I'm interpreting the event correctly, you get the wind lady from filling up the loyalty bar, the light one is bought from the event store with treasure from beating up the event boss, and the fire lady just joins you after doing all the story missions?

Also I just got Leviathan Omega from joining in on a Leviathan Omega raid and hitting it once, it was harder to get the SR Leviathan with animas. It's the first SSR I have other than Druj, Did I get super lucky or does that happen a lot?

Yes and yes! You are right and you were pretty lucky.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Caffeine IV posted:

Does it matter which element Kamui for weapon drops?

As far as I know, they all drop at the same rate but I haven't even seen one drop yet so who knows

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Eej posted:

As far as I know, they all drop at the same rate but I haven't even seen one drop yet so who knows

I haven't seen one yet either grinding out the Wind Extreme Kamui.

RGCrab
Aug 23, 2012

Eej posted:

I haven't seen one and I've been treating the dark Extreme Kamui as my personal toy all day. Poor thing is going to just wake up in the middle of the night screaming about Impulse Slash for years.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Potsticker posted:

Been grinding out Dark all day with no luck either. I have to say, though, my Feather/Daetta/Erika lineup is just straight clowning Kamui. First turn he goes Overdrive, second turn he's down to less than half health and broken by just my skills and he's guaranteed dead by third turn at most. Best use of 999 AP I've had yet!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
feather is drat good for an sr

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Blhue posted:

feather is drat good for an sr

A 10 Hit, a Big hit with +T/DA, and a stacking attack buff on a 2 turn CD. He's my favorite. :)

Speaking of his buff, how does the stacking work? Does it refresh all stacks or do they all have their own internal timer?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I dunno about Sakura (and haven't used Erika at all yet) but Gemini seems really good so far. At half the level of my other fire characters she's putting out at least as much damage if not more on a per-hit basis.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

Whats the deal with unknown attack modifie anyway, is it worse to have then manga or something?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's on a separate multiplier from any other kind of attack bonus so almost every ideal build has at least one. A lone max skilled Unknown weapon at 15% bonus damage is literally 15% more overall damage.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Potsticker posted:

Update! I did have the Event Katana drop from this.

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 14, 2016

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

i love to raid

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Please do not start raids then do Crew-only backup requests during this event unless you know someone is coming to help. Trying to manually join raids with Twitter codes is impossible during the event so the raid window is the only option. It is annoying to pop on during a break to try to knock out a magna raid only to find the raid window stuck on a solo raid for 10 minutes. If you are trying to MVP, do your damage then open it to the public. People will join instantly.

Also, there is a setting to turn off the help request popup. Settings -> Gameplay Settings -> Hide Backup Request Messages. It is a godsend during the event when bosses melt instantly. Turn it off to improve your chances of landing a hit before the boss dies. You can still request help with the popup off by scrolling down on the battle screen and tapping Request Help.

grrarg fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 14, 2016

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I've never had so much trouble smacking Leviathan Omegas since this event started, good god.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
e: question withdrawn, figured it out

Mingus Dew fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 14, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

grrarg posted:

Also, there is a setting to turn off the help request popup. Settings -> Gameplay Settings -> Hide Backup Request Messages. It is a godsend during the event when bosses melt instantly. Turn it off to improve your chances of landing a hit before the boss dies. You can still request help with the popup off by scrolling down on the battle screen and tapping Request Help.

Thank you for this!!! I don't have many problems while on the computer, but the ipad needs all the help it can get.

e: Thanks to this advice, I was quick enough for all but one of my raids and managed to get my first raid SSR: Celeste's Claw :black101:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 14, 2016

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

http://grancypher.com/2016/05/14/defend-order-advance-play-niconama-news/

this link posted:

Will Sturm and Drang become playable?

As long as HRT lives, no. They might be playable as a guest, but definitely not added to Legend Gacha. As the main scenario for Granblue Fantasy develops, new characters will be appearing and your relation with past event characters may also change. These characters could become playable.

:smithcloud:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I love those two. Give them to me. :smith:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

After we got the Black Knight recently I had gotten my hopes up. Oh well RIP.

RGCrab
Aug 23, 2012

Potsticker posted:

I dunno about Sakura (and haven't used Erika at all yet) but Gemini seems really good so far. At half the level of my other fire characters she's putting out at least as much damage if not more on a per-hit basis.

Erika is really kind of ludicrous as a healer considering she is only an SR. Her CA is a huge party heal, refresh, and cleanse. She also has a res, even if it is only available while she is in her trashcan. I was faffing around with her a bit, and now I've LBed her three times and made her a permanent member of my light team. Albert, Daetta, and her finally broke the story wall of chapter 50 I ran into a while ago. Hopefully they translate the event soon, since my moonspeak is pretty rusty after eight years of non-use.

Reading the Grancypher news, some of that is pretty interesting. I'm excited if they make Melleau actually usable, since she was the first SSR I got and I was really excited until I read her abilities and realized I should just be using an SR instead. I'm sad I can't add Sturm and Drang to a team though, as they always make me smile when they show up in the story.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Best part of the news for me

June Character Rebalancing
Rackam (Limited)!

Hes the SSR I got and stuck with while I was rerolling back in november, and is easily the worst/least impressive exclusive. Sooo atleast they're looking out for Rackam.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

When you get a decent ssr you want to skill up, does it matter too much how you upgrade it - i.e should you feed it skill up stuff at the start, should you just level it up now and then skill up before its capped, or is there some optimal way you have to do otherwise it's a waste?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Drakes posted:

Best part of the news for me

June Character Rebalancing
Rackam (Limited)!

Hes the SSR I got and stuck with while I was rerolling back in november, and is easily the worst/least impressive exclusive. Sooo atleast they're looking out for Rackam.

At least the stats on his gun are insane. :unsmith:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Sizup posted:

When you get a decent ssr you want to skill up, does it matter too much how you upgrade it - i.e should you feed it skill up stuff at the start, should you just level it up now and then skill up before its capped, or is there some optimal way you have to do otherwise it's a waste?

You can feed it stuff after maxing out the level, and still raise the skills on it. Jam a bunch of angel weapons into it, you're not gonna be unable to raise the skill level because you ran out of food space or anything.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Just unlocked birdman's fifth star! :toot:
Now have to get him another 3.8 million xp. :smithicide:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Valatar posted:

Just unlocked birdman's fifth star! :toot:
Now have to get him another 3.8 million xp. :smithicide:

Have fun! :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Leveling 3 at once, it'll be one long ride:shepface:.

• Locked thread