Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Despera posted:

Even if you take deklien back, so what? Youll just get deep dicked anytime pln3 feel like it. Good luck recruiting super pilots.

You're in TEST. You're not allowed to talk about things you don't understand like supercaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

vyst posted:

You're in TEST. You're not allowed to talk about things you don't understand like supercaps.

Well I can log mine on, so I'm already a better supercap pilot than anyone in gsf.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
How was desperate allowed to stay In goons for such a long time

The only person in the last 1000 pages I regret reading

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Despera posted:

Well I can log mine on, so I'm already a better supercap pilot than anyone in gsf.

Most supercaps pilot in GSF (excluding DBRB) know the difference between Bridge and Jump. So no, you're really not.

4th Horseman posted:

How was desperate allowed to stay In goons for such a long time

The only person in the last 1000 pages I regret reading

His departure from GSF makes losing sov completely worth it. MBC did us a favor if you ask me.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 15, 2016

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Realistically I don't think we're taking back dek in any timeframe that doesn't involve years. I assume leadership is looking at alternatives, but they sure are taking their sweet time about it.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

YouTuber posted:

I'm wondering how many months in lowsec it would take before your fairweather pubbie corps start loving off. What happens if PL decides to stick around until August? How many of these groups stick around if all GSF has to their name is Saranen after a few months? Lose enough people and allies and you'd be hard pressed to handle PH, let alone the entire "coalition" that inhabits the North.

All in all I think sticking around in a single spot would be bad for Horde long term. They need to have constant activity to properly teach newbies how to play the game and playing sov empire is the total opposite of that. They really need to be pulling up stakes by July at the latest and invading somewhere. Sitting in the same spot makes groups weak.

If all we have to contend with is PH, I don't see there realistically being a point where we couldn't take them. But I agree on the 2nd point that just sitting in Saranen doing stupid poo poo no one was interested in (Viceroy) is kinda what choked us to death. We spent a year in the north doing effectively nothing.

ranbo das posted:

Realistically I don't think we're taking back dek in any timeframe that doesn't involve years. I assume leadership is looking at alternatives, but they sure are taking their sweet time about it.

The minute it became obvious that we were going to lose all our space I said we should have invaded some other location. Get the membership a place to recoup. But that would require we put our members ahead of our collective pride. There's not a region in this game that could stand up to us save the nothern ones.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 08:34 on May 15, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Retake Delve IMO

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Massasoit posted:

You so sure about that?

Yup.

Sooner or later, we'll get it back. Next month? Probably not. Next 6 months? Maybe. Next year? Eh. My point is that we'll be back. The timeline doesn't matter.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

darth cookie posted:

Yup.

Sooner or later, we'll get it back. Next month? Probably not. Next 6 months? Maybe. Next year? Eh. My point is that we'll be back. The timeline doesn't matter.

You really think that whatevers left of the CFC will really stand for dicking around in lowsec for a year?

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Dalael posted:

Would it have been better if we kept undocking fleets, lost every time to 3 to 1 odds and then ran out of SRP a long while ago?

Have you ever heard of a Fabian strategy? See, back in the old ages, there were a bunch of generals who were all like, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! And then crashed in Hannibal's army because in their mind they absolutely needed a victory. All those guys lived to the ripe old age of "Met Hannibal on the field of battle"

Fabian's idea of how to win the war might not have been glorious, but out of all those generals he's the only one who made it out alive. So did his armies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT_rev5VAQc&t=237s

fabius didn't lose rome or his allies though. in fact the entire point of his strategy was to avoid that.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

AAPsel posted:

fabius didn't lose rome or his allies though. in fact the entire point of his strategy was to avoid that.

No, but the country side kept burning and a lot of rome's allies decided to join Hannibal.
The point I was making is that when you're outnumbered and outgunned, only an idiot charges in the fray hoping his gigantic balls will carry the day.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/B6Kj4Dm.webm

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Dalael posted:

Have you ever heard of a Fabian strategy? See, back in the old ages, there were a bunch of generals who were all like, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! And then crashed in Hannibal's army because in their mind they absolutely needed a victory. All those guys lived to the ripe old age of "Met Hannibal on the field of battle"
Fabian's idea of how to win the war might not have been glorious, but out of all those generals he's the only one who made it out alive. So did his armies.

The Fabian Strategy is based on the defender having a ton of advantages that you no longer have, and most importantly time is on their side, which it is most certainly not for GSF stuck in lowsec.

Dalael posted:

No, but the country side kept burning and a lot of rome's allies decided to join Hannibal.
The point I was making is that when you're outnumbered and outgunned, only an idiot charges in the fray hoping his gigantic balls will carry the day.

You were not outnumbered or outgunned at the start of the war, that's the whole point; you had nearly equal numbers and threw it away to fold faster than BRAVE did.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

darth cookie posted:

We probably did and that's probably a contributing factor to why they all got rolled and died. What's your point?

MBC may nuke all of goonswarm sov, and you might even sit around the north in your supers for a while waiting for us to creep back in. Eventually though, you'll leave for greener pastures just like every other time the fights run dry or otherwise not to your liking. The MBC will declare victory and gently caress off eventually. What a lot of people on both sides don't seem to get is that when that happens, that's not the war over, that's the bell ringing on round 1.

Horde is currently living in Fade and according to Gobbins the only thing that could get Horde to move out of Fade. Is if GSF moves somewhere else to build a new home there. Then Horde would pack up and chase after them for more fights. Because sitting in fade would just make the Alliance fat. War is the default mindset.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

dragonstalking posted:

You were not outnumbered or outgunned at the start of the war, that's the whole point; you had nearly equal numbers and threw it away to fold faster than BRAVE did.

We sure as hell were.
Every time we tried to seriously contest something we got outnumbered.

And after every defeat we bled lot of members while the hype made the pubbies hordes join our ennemys ranks.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Krogort posted:

We sure as hell were.

And after every defeat we bled lot of members while the hype made the pubbies hordes join our ennemys ranks.

You had enough dudes in your alliances, if your management can't get them to show up maybe you have bigger problems than PL.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Dalael posted:

Except you're way past the country side burning and now have Hannibal cruising around on the forum in his blinged out chariot with more skulls than a warhammer 40k model. If you're fine with that then more power to you, but Fabius' plan depended precisely on Hannibal not being able to do that without a pitched battle. Now you're playing a waiting game, with one side sitting in one of the best regions of eve full of logged off supers they want to hunt and the other in lowsec. I'm not sure time is on your side.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

Horde is currently living in Fade and according to Gobbins the only thing that could get Horde to move out of Fade. Is if GSF moves somewhere else to build a new home there. Then Horde would pack up and chase after them for more fights. Because sitting in fade would just make the Alliance fat. War is the default mindset.

lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

dragonstalking posted:

You had enough dudes in your alliances, if your management can't get them to show up maybe you have bigger problems than PL.

lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
welcome back crazybrains guy, i was afraid you were almost normal now

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

welcome back crazybrains guy, i was afraid you were almost normal now

:ironicat:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you dont get to ironicat me for calling you crazy sorry dude

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Deadtear's not crazy. Just incredibly bitter.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

who is this

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

will really stand for dicking around in lowsec for a year?

we just stage in lowsec, we barely do anything there other than shoot the odd moon, pretty much all of our fleets go into nullsec

but yeah i'm sure if we had just staged in a conquerable system that flips in 4 days maximum that everything would have gone much better due to the following reasons:

Gwyneth Palpate fucked around with this message at 11:27 on May 15, 2016

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

gwrtheyrn posted:

Also is it time to talk about afk cloaking next?

Yes, let's!

Lol at lumping in some random neuts in with us but separating horde and nc. Into their own group so they don't make you look bad

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

My favourite is PH and NC. forming the mystical 'third side' to this fight.

They would hurt the elite pvp isk efficiency otherwise you see

dragonstalking posted:

The Fabian Strategy is based on the defender having a ton of advantages that you no longer have, and most importantly time is on their side, which it is most certainly not for GSF stuck in lowsec.

4000 versus 1800.... Ok

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Krogort posted:

We sure as hell were.

The fact that you couldn't get enough guys to login to defend your home turf is a fate worse than losing the sov. On paper your alliances combined were way bigger than your enemies although probably not on super cap terms?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
The theme for this page is people making perfectly reasonable posts about how the Fabian strategy might not be ideal for gsf right now, and deadtear claiming that he guffawed audibly at the laughable idea that everything isn't going brilliantly in this, the best of all possible words.

Edit: Or worlds, but words works too.

Endie fucked around with this message at 11:44 on May 15, 2016

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

you dont get to ironicat me for calling you crazy sorry dude

you live in a thread on the internet

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

you live in a thread on the internet

i spent most of the day metalworking and fiddling with conference badges

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

abigserve posted:

On paper your alliances combined were way bigger than your enemies

nope

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

The theme for this page is people making perfectly reasonable posts about how the Fabian strategy might not be ideal for gsf right now, and deadtear claiming that he guffawed audibly at the laughable idea that everything isn't going brilliantly in this, the best of all possible words.

Edit: Or worlds, but words works too.

hmm yes, laughing at dragons talking saying "lol u didnt show up" for a 3-1 gangfucking of us and zephyrine talking some crazy poo poo about horde is exactly what you said in this post

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
im pretty sure i've never outright defended the decisions that have led up to this point beyond maybe "this is the best option at the time, run a bunch of cheap rear end fleets and dont feed pl kills they're literally already getting bored and bragging about how they're going on the test server to play with their big toys"

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Yeah they definitely were.

poo poo you barely did anything about Horde and TISHU, what did you think was going to happen when you just roll over and don't do poo poo? Sure you were outnumbered later on, that's what happens.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Horde, TEST, and PL combined: 17400~ members
Goonswarm alliance itself: 16214

edit: also I'm not critiquing the "don't feed kills" strat, I think it's a smart one, but I'm lollin at the "heh but we'll be the winners in the end :smug:"

abigserve fucked around with this message at 11:54 on May 15, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Heeeeey way to include all of Section 8 in that tally.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

darth cookie posted:

Heeeeey way to include all of Section 8 in that tally.
yeah uh who the gently caress are the renters and who are the random rear end tiny shitbird member corps or alt corps

im actually asking, i can't tell

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

dragonstalking posted:

Yeah they definitely were.

poo poo you barely did anything about Horde and TISHU, what did you think was going to happen when you just roll over and don't do poo poo? Sure you were outnumbered later on, that's what happens.

uh, sma lost hardly anything against tishu and horde back in the start of this year, and what they did lose they took back

both tishu and horde shamefully undeployed after being unable to break sma

hostile momentum didn't pick up until the focus of the war shifted to vale of the silent

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

abigserve posted:

Horde, TEST, and PL combined: 17400~ members
Goonswarm alliance itself: 16214

okay, now add ncdot, moa, drone walkers, oss, oos, blood covenant, darkness, slyce, tard, and a gaggle of other shitbirds that mysteriously show up for every timer

don't get me wrong, we had a lot of success with the "blue everyone" tactic in the past and i definitely concede that y'all managed to do a better job of bluing literally everyone you saw

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

yeah uh who the gently caress are the renters and who are the random rear end tiny shitbird member corps or alt corps

im actually asking, i can't tell

It really doesn't matter.

(I can't tell either)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Glory of Arioch posted:

okay, now add ncdot, moa, drone walkers, oss, oos, blood covenant, darkness, slyce, tard, and a gaggle of other shitbirds that mysteriously show up for every timer

don't get me wrong, we had a lot of success with the "blue everyone" tactic in the past and i definitely concede that y'all managed to do a better job of bluing literally everyone you saw

I guess the blue donut exists after all. What no one realized is, it belonged to GSF's enemies.

• Locked thread