Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Platypus Farm posted:

I like the game well enough, but I would have to like it a whole lot more than I do in order to sit through the monstrous loading times that bookend every forty-second match.

I'm always a little taken aback when I move from PC to PS4 and suddenly the load times are taking double what I'm used to.

Does installing the game make it faster? Is... Is that even an option on PS4? I don't own one, I don't know what those things can and can't do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sarchasm posted:

I'm always a little taken aback when I move from PC to PS4 and suddenly the load times are taking double what I'm used to.

Does installing the game make it faster? Is... Is that even an option on PS4? I don't own one, I don't know what those things can and can't do.

You can't not install games on PS4, but you're installing them on a 5400rpm drive, unless the hard drive has been updated.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sarchasm posted:

the PC load times are still absurd tbh

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

PC Revelator when? :(

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Pomp posted:

the PC load times are still absurd tbh

Load times are fine, it's the absurd animations that seem like they'd be covering up load times. Have a match interrupt survival, then when it goes straight back into the survival mode you don't even see a load time on an SSD, screen just fades black for a second and you're back in. (Least from what I remember, uhh it's been a bit..)

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

halwain
May 31, 2011
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/capcom-admits-street-fighter-5-had-lack-of-content/1100-6439737/

:v:

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
"percieved lack of content"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i lost 1000 lp after switching to rashid. is it going to come back?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

i lost 1000 lp after switching to rashid. is it going to come back?

well, you switched to Rashid so no???

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
i love this and hope its true

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

how do you actually manually desync if you're going to live events with a Dual Shock 4? tried to figure it out last time i went for casuals and i couldn't, and some google searching makes ppl sound conflicted (one guy says it's not possible, EVO rules say you have to do it, etc)

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Go to settings - > devices -> bluetooth devices and delete the controller profile.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dhamster posted:

server issues at "launch"

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

When did they officially announce Guile last month?

Whoever's next will definitely release on the last possible minute of this month either way I suppose.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Elvis_Maximus posted:

When did they officially announce Guile last month?

Whoever's next will definitely release on the last possible minute of this month either way I suppose.

Around the 15th of the month, and he was released two weeks later. I'm guessing the Balrog announcement will be tomorrow.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I wonder if Balrog will keep his invincibility on his headbutt. I also hope they give him a good redesign, imo he's always had one of the most boring outfits.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dracula Factory posted:

I wonder if Balrog will keep his invincibility on his headbutt. I also hope they give him a good redesign, imo he's always had one of the most boring outfits.

He'll probably be in his story mode outfit

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Dracula Factory posted:

If he does, it'll be counter-hit on punish. Hope that's what you want.

or even better, it'll only have invuln frames on EX, and all versions will be counterhit on punish anyhow, just like Guile.

edit; what?? I could have sworn I got crush countered after a blocked flash kick. brb

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 15, 2016

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

A.o.D. posted:

If he does, it'll be counter-hit on punish. Hope that's what you want.

or even better, it'll only have invuln frames on EX, and all versions will be counterhit on punish anyhow, just like Guile.

Guile only gets hit with a counterhit on punish after EX Flashkick.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Sarchasm posted:

Bullshit. He gets crush countered after every flash kick. I just checked.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Sarchasm posted:

wrong

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

Bullshit. He gets crush countered after every flash kick. I just checked.

Weird, you're right. I remembered non-EX flash kicks getting away without CCs, and even the guide says they don't get hit with crush counters. But I just tried it out in training and even non-EX versions result in a counterhit state.

Here's the paragraph from the guide just to prove I'm not crazy:

quote:

The non-EX versions lack true invincibility, so hits against their recovery period will not result in counter-hits. But EX Somersault Kick is a truly invincible reversal, so missing with it will probably lead to Guile eating the opponent’s hottest Crush Counter combo.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The guide is bullshit and no substitution for spending time in the lab.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sarchasm posted:

Weird, you're right. I remembered non-EX flash kicks getting away without CCs, and even the guide says they don't get hit with crush counters. But I just tried it out in training and even non-EX versions result in a counterhit state.

Here's the paragraph from the guide just to prove I'm not crazy:

Is that the Prima guide? Cause it's hot garbage, I totally regret buying it even at 50% off.

There are so many mistakes there.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

dhamster posted:

I must have been just imagining things game is great with plenty of content everyone go buy it and the season pass post haste.

(can I get my check now)

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

Jack Trades posted:

Is that the Prima guide? Cause it's hot garbage, I totally regret buying it even at 50% off.

There are so many mistakes there.

Yup. At least Dantarion vouched for the frame data. Or did he go back on that?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Dias posted:

well, you switched to Rashid so no???

I have been waiting since beta to see something wow me with rashid because everything seemed unsafe and low damage, but honestly, nothing changed.

His design is cool but other then that.
:shrug:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

They should just count their losses and just make 2017 plans.

The third dlc character is coming out and they still haven't added an ingame shop to make money from.

The dlc costumes are also in limbo for the same reason.

It would take more then arcade mode to fix this and marvel 3 along with sf x tk and like every fighter should be proof that the sales are only going down from here. They should have delayed it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the no new editions promise is going to end up killing the game because there will be no incentive to fix it if they can't sell another million+ 60 dollar boxes

SectumSempra posted:

I have been waiting since beta to see something wow me with rashid because everything seemed unsafe and low damage, but honestly, nothing changed.

His design is cool but other then that.
:shrug:

i've been having such a fun time with him but i can't get in enough times to win. gonna i guess go back to cammy and just suck it up and learn instant cannon strike but gently caress its so hard.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

the no new editions promise is going to end up killing the game because there will be no incentive to fix it if they can't sell another million+ 60 dollar boxes

i've been having such a fun time with him but i can't get in enough times to win. gonna i guess go back to cammy and just suck it up and learn instant cannon strike but gently caress its so hard.

You probably get in more than your opponent, but his damage is seriously poo poo, and a lot of what you need to do to surprise people with mix-ups is often risky and can be reversal ed. And his crush + Trigger + ex/super damage is like, if necalli, ken, ryu, karin, bison (list goes on) just had a crush and ex.

Also ranked is pretty poo poo.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 16, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Oh yeah i didn't comment on him but I like guile. Flash kicks all being crush counter-able was something i loled at the first time I played one. Especially the one who are playing him like sf4.

he has some really interesting situational corner and 2/3rd screen combos.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i beat 2 3000+lp players tonight. both of them rq'd cause i am bottom tier i guess the point loss is too much for their egos. i told them to train harder via psn message.

angry resogun guy hopefully inspires him to feel shame

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 16, 2016

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Hope you don't get banned for quitting ranked matches in the first 10 seconds, because there's no way I'm going to get dragged along against some dude who is teleporting all over the place despite setting a 5-bar search.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Hope you don't get banned for quitting ranked matches in the first 10 seconds, because there's no way I'm going to get dragged along against some dude who is teleporting all over the place despite setting a 5-bar search.

I avoid this problem by just not playing SFV

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

Constellation I posted:

Go to settings - > devices -> bluetooth devices and delete the controller profile.

this was helpful, thank you!

another stupid question: is there any trick to make instant ex air tatsu (ken) easier on dpad? i'm having a lot of trouble staying low with them

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
Initially, as of March 31, 2012, Street Fighter X Tekken had sold 1.4 million units worldwide, in contrast to Capcom's expectations that it would sell 2 million units (though sales have since continued to rise to 1.7 million as of March 31, 2014).

In May 2015, Capcom announced that the company was expecting the game to sell at least 2 million copies worldwide before the end of the company's fiscal year....As of March 31, 2016, Capcom announced that Street Fighter V had shipped 1.4 million copies across the PS4 and PC platforms, digital downloads included, making it 600,000 copies short from their 2 million goal fiscal goal.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zand posted:

Initially, as of March 31, 2012, Street Fighter X Tekken had sold 1.4 million units worldwide, in contrast to Capcom's expectations that it would sell 2 million units (though sales have since continued to rise to 1.7 million as of March 31, 2014).

In May 2015, Capcom announced that the company was expecting the game to sell at least 2 million copies worldwide before the end of the company's fiscal year....As of March 31, 2016, Capcom announced that Street Fighter V had shipped 1.4 million copies across the PS4 and PC platforms, digital downloads included, making it 600,000 copies short from their 2 million goal fiscal goal.

Capcom has stated that the game's poor performance may be in part due to "cannibalism" of the fighting game genre, meaning too many fighting games were released in too short a time.

haha okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
what you call "cannibalism" most people call "options," capcom