Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I never use shields but I always have one equipped because it feels like my character is incomplete without something in the left hand slot

shields are a fashion choice is what I'm saying

I'm the same way so I'm thankful the parrying dagger and caestus exist as lightweight solutions for my OCD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I did it. I finally got my loving astora greatsword lightning infused. Lightning scales with faith, and the AGS gets S scaling with faith. I can one shot Cathedral knights with a charged R2.

Question is, will Lightning Blade stack with the infusion and faith, or will they cancel each other out, or will one take priority over the other?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

lite_sleepr posted:

Question is, will Lightning Blade stack with the infusion and faith, or will they cancel each other out, or will one take priority over the other?

You can't buff Lightning-infused weapons, the game doesn't even let you cast the spell with it out.

It's basically a trade-off between having a little more damage with a non-elemental infusion + the buff active, or having the convenience and saving the attunement slot and FP from being able to skip Lightning Blade.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Zombies' Downfall posted:

You can't buff Lightning-infused weapons, the game doesn't even let you cast the spell with it out.

It's basically a trade-off between having a little more damage with a non-elemental infusion + the buff active, or having the convenience and saving the attunement slot and FP from being able to skip Lightning Blade.

Ah. So save my souls and don't raise attunement then. Or, I could raise attunement for lightning spear?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Lightning Spear sort of sucks, so I wouldn't raise it just for that.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I've considered myself very lucky with this game so far. No connection issues, a solid 60fps all the time, I get summoned for everything everywhere, but with this latest patch all the microstuttering is literally and figuratively killing me. What did FROM break this time and hopefully they'll fix it with the next patch (and break something else I don't care about?)

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Berzerker posted:

If I'm going to try and get all the rings and spells, gestures and whatever, which covenants do I need to max out? Also, besides cashing in a Pale Tongue pissing off Sirris, is there any other covenant stuff that will impact my ability to do those things? I have 30+ shackles and tongues but I haven't cashed in anything for any covenant because I don't want to gently caress it up.

Anyone?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/COVENANTS

do your homework. Almost all of them have a pyromancy or a ring or a miracle for you to buy.

As far as npcs pissing off because of covenants, no.

Just bookmark this page and you'll have a handy checklist to browse through. https://zkjellberg.github.io/dark-souls-3-cheat-sheet/

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah the amount of models you get just with the base game at the moment is insane. Including every character and object there's over 100 now.

My main worry is that after the Kickstarter, no one will want to buy the game because 90% of the content is in expansions that backers got for free. I can't imagine what all this is going to cost at launch to non-backers. Letalone the fact that there's already about £250 worth of add ons that you can buy on top of the base game and the free expansions, and another £100 worth exclusive to retailers.

That just means people will pay you £250 for your kickstarter edition should you not like the game, need money a year from now, whatever. I bet the solaire figure and siegmayer alone will catch a good price if you want to sell them piecemeal. The hype for these kickstarters goes crazy when they start shipping and people have remorse for not buying it.

I do think that the boss packs will be much cheaper to buy after lauch so I'm not going crazy on those. It's the whole exclusive pile of junk that you want to snag right now. (Not that this stopped me from pledging Darkroot Basin)

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

rings and spells, you need rank 2 watch dogs, rank 1 rossaria, rank 2 blue cops, rank 1 aldrich, rank 2 sunbro's, rank 2 mound makers

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

argondamn posted:

Apparently transferring your saves to a different account unlocks the hidden and much coveted autosummon feature?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119111456394/

Within one minute of doing this i was summoned via watchdogs of farron. after that one i switched to blue sentinells and got summoned in less then 5 minutes.

it actually works, what the gently caress.

edit: another summon less then a minute later.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 15, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Begging a nerd on ps4 for help with dancer. PSN is mmc2083.

Please halp.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Steve2911 posted:

I finally beat a SoulsBorne game! :woop:

Probably the easiest of them to complete, but still.

This one? I disagree. Even if we compare the whole cast of Dark Souls 1 to DkS3, I feel like there's very few bosses that stand up to Sulyvahn, Aldrich, Twin Princes, Champion Gundyr, Soul of Cinder and Nameless King

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
The game is very easy with a properly built sorcerer or STR build. Though if you go faith or dex youll cry.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Tengames posted:

Within one minute of doing this i was summoned via watchdogs of farron. after that one i switched to blue sentinells and got summoned in less then 5 minutes.

it actually works, what the gently caress.

edit: another summon less then a minute later.

Same experience here. From really dropped the ball on autosummon covenants.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Man I got Great Chaos Fireorb on my new run yesterday and I can't believe how ridiculously much stronger Pyromancy is than Miracles on an NG run.

Like my Great Lightning Spears were doing about 500 damage with 45 Faith in Lothric Castle, using a +7 Talisman, on my first run. That's after investing a good ~25 points into Faith and using a spell I can't get until the last ~25% of the game and a miracle-boosting ring I get around the same time.

Meanwhile Great Chaos Fireorb is doing ~450 damage + ~180 or so from the pool at level 40, less than halfway through the game. I've invested a grand total of 6 stat-points into Int and Faith so far and my Pyro Flame is only +5. Did I mention it costs 25 focus vs 38 for Great Lightning Spear? Or that it's got a much, MUCH larger AoE to the point where I can barely remember ever hitting more than one guy with a Spear while the Orb blows up entire groups on the regular?

It seriously blows my mind how ridiculous this spell is.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So Tallgeese, did you manage to find out anything about Poise?

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Dark souls III got some beautiful areas, great bosses and okay mobs. But it's plagued by terrible design decisions, horrible balance and network coding done by a blind autistic boy.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

Man I got Great Chaos Fireorb on my new run yesterday and I can't believe how ridiculously much stronger Pyromancy is than Miracles on an NG run.

Like my Great Lightning Spears were doing about 500 damage with 45 Faith in Lothric Castle, using a +7 Talisman, on my first run. That's after investing a good ~25 points into Faith and using a spell I can't get until the last ~25% of the game and a miracle-boosting ring I get around the same time.

Meanwhile Great Chaos Fireorb is doing ~450 damage + ~180 or so from the pool at level 40, less than halfway through the game. I've invested a grand total of 6 stat-points into Int and Faith so far and my Pyro Flame is only +5. Did I mention it costs 25 focus vs 38 for Great Lightning Spear? Or that it's got a much, MUCH larger AoE to the point where I can barely remember ever hitting more than one guy with a Spear while the Orb blows up entire groups on the regular?

It seriously blows my mind how ridiculous this spell is.

Pyromancy is really good. I did thta my first run and every other build feels like a challenge run. the other magic is way behind.

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.

WaltherFeng posted:

This one? I disagree. Even if we compare the whole cast of Dark Souls 1 to DkS3, I feel like there's very few bosses that stand up to Sulyvahn, Aldrich, Twin Princes, Champion Gundyr, Soul of Cinder and Nameless King

I didn't find DS3 to be too difficult, although I was still pretty fresh from wrapping up the DS2 DLC so I was still in a DS state of mind.

I went Bleed-Lucker for first char and am at Lothric Castle with my goofy Str/Dex/Faith char and so far the toughest dude for me was the Old Demon King (should have been named Last Demon King imo) and that was mostly because I could not for the life of me figure out his fire-circle-attack thing. Also Yhorm, because for the longest while I just assumed I didn't have the stats to wield Stormruler (maxed out luck first and then went endurance vigor so my dex/str was poo poo) instead of looking at the stats page.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Iretep posted:

Though if you go faith or dex youll cry.

Dex is totally better than it was in DkS2, on account of early/midgame weapon selection (Bandit Knife has good Dex scaling again, you can get a Dex scaling straight sword in the first real area, Sharp infusion is back, etc)

Assassin is prolly the best Dex starting class in the series, too; Spook is a great utility spell and the Estoc is one of the better weapons period if you go Raw -> Sharp

Baku fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 15, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Any ps 4 nerds?

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Hah now that blue cops sort of works for me on my new steam account, I now love when loading in to a world, just as the red phantom dies, getting duty fulfilled but no reward, great loving system.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Fextralife posted:

Despite being called Lycanthropes, they bear no resemblance to real-life Werewolves.

The wiki, on those crucifix berserkers in Road of Sacrifices.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Atreiden posted:

Hah now that blue cops sort of works for me on my new steam account, I now love when loading in to a world, just as the red phantom dies, getting duty fulfilled but no reward, great loving system.

QQ

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

So you guys were all cheating and editing files, right?

Where is the boat to take JC Denton off of Liberty Island?

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 15, 2016

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'd like to see if the new account thing works on steam without copying your old saves over. I made a new ps4 account and haven't had any luck, but I also couldn't copy my characters over, so I rushed a character to SL23+2 but only saw one summon in about 3 hours.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 15, 2016

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

sorry mate, but this game is terrible at points

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Atreiden posted:

Aw man, I was worried about that. Sometimes I've killed an invader while a bluecop was coming in and I hoped it was the easiest summon they ever had. Instead it's terrible for them, poo poo

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Decrepus posted:

Nope. I've had no issues with Aldrich summons either, just wolf and blue. I'm going to test out the fix later.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Decrepus posted:

It's just off the north dock.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Dex is totally better than it was in DkS2, on account of early/midgame weapon selection (Bandit Knife has good Dex scaling again, you can get a Dex scaling straight sword in the first real area, Sharp infusion is back, etc)

Assassin is prolly the best Dex starting class in the series, too; Spook is a great utility spell and the Estoc is one of the better weapons period if you go Raw -> Sharp

Well early game is cake walk for any build so i wouldnt consider that worth much. Im pretty much judging the difficulty based on late game. Faith has poo poo offencive dark miracles so it has a hard time with the two last bosses(which are the hardest bosses in the game id say). Dex just gets fast weapons and thats about it. They get none of the benefits that STR gets like greatshields. Of course if you combine dex and luck you get a pretty mean beast but im talking pure dex here.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Steve2911 posted:

Congrats! You never forget your first!

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Steve2911 posted:

Congrats. You should give ds 2 a shot, you will probably find it easier now, since DS 3 have faster combat.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Does anyone have a set of Dragonslayer Armor and accompanying Spear they don't mind parting with? I wanna run through the game as Ornstein, but having to get through 80% of the game to get there sort of ruins the fun.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Instant Grat posted:

Does anyone have a set of Dragonslayer Armor and accompanying Spear they don't mind parting with? I wanna run through the game as Ornstein, but having to get through 80% of the game to get there sort of ruins the fun.

Im doing an achievment run so i have like 2 copies of his armor already. Just PM me on steam. Steam name is iretep

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Atreiden posted:

Congrats. You should give ds 2 a shot, you will probably find it easier now, since DS 3 have faster combat.

Also the scholar goty edition is really really good. And alot of complaints about the game were fixed.

It's all good, ignore the BTEAM haters.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Melanion posted:

The wiki, on those crucifix berserkers in Road of Sacrifices.

The wiki is terrible and should burn.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Iretep posted:

Im doing an achievment run so i have like 2 copies of his armor already. Just PM me on steam. Steam name is iretep

Thanks for the help :coal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

Also the scholar goty edition is really really good. And alot of complaints about the game were fixed.

It's all good, ignore the BTEAM haters.

Agreed. Normal DS 2 was a good game, with SotFS it became great. Still my favorite DS