Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Syndic Thrass posted:

I have like hybrid and projectile specs 5, AF and HACs 5, but the missile group literally doesn't even show up in my character sheet so I either test an idea out or I just deny the ones that require a garmur or hawk. Enyo Wolf daredevil Vagabond and vigilant will let you do the vast majority you'll get

That sounds a bit more reasonable. Do you have any specific fits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
They're in the google doc Nessin posted on the last page, and they aren't cheap. You can supposedly do most of the Anomic Team burners with a light missile/ECM kiting kestrel but the rest use blingy assault frigate fits (the enyo isn't too expensive). I am spacebroke so I'm still turning down the burners

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I just don't want to waste time training missiles when I have near perfect gun skills with both hybrids and projectiles and essentially nothing in missiles. How many of the burners use non missile ships regardless of the cost?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just don't want to waste time training missiles when I have near perfect gun skills with both hybrids and projectiles and essentially nothing in missiles. How many of the burners use non missile ships regardless of the cost?

yeah i like not being able to fly half the ships in the game

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Does anyone know if :ccp: are able to get people added to killmails if we petition? I was on the Fortizar kill in Hykanima last night but I'm not on the mail even though I was shooting at it and doing actual damage.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Jazzzzz posted:

They're in the google doc Nessin posted on the last page, and they aren't cheap. You can supposedly do most of the Anomic Team burners with a light missile/ECM kiting kestrel but the rest use blingy assault frigate fits (the enyo isn't too expensive). I am spacebroke so I'm still turning down the burners
You don't have to use expensive fits at all. Here, I wrote a thing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hRkjZHqr92CV4iXzpXLT8uWuuj0AfvTGj5yAm1NV-_c/

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
This will be a dumb question especially considering how long i've been playing but.. wtf is a burner mission again?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Dalael posted:

This will be a dumb question especially considering how long i've been playing but.. wtf is a burner mission again?
They're special L4 missions with 1-3 very powerful NPCs that are designed to be run in frigates or cruisers. They're popular for farming because they can mostly be finished in a few minutes and have very high ISK/LP payouts as well as a good chance of dropping faction modules; the downside is that all the special NPCs tackle and do a lot of dps, and can only be beaten with very specifically tailored fits as well as some piloting techniques that aren't really necessary in most missions such as managing heat.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

nessin posted:

So I'm down to two things on my "Things I should actually do in Eve" (Loosely based on a list Flanders put up last month). One is put up a POS to Mine Goo and do a Reaction. Which I've already got a few empty moons scanned out just need to take the time out to actually do it. The other is run a Level 5 mission. I know there was some talk of running level 5s over the past couple months, but has anyone actually done one in a carrier since Citadel? Given the speed difference between fighters and drones and the way NPCs react to fighters now I just want to make sure things aren't drastically different compared to before the patch.

Also, just to vent, gently caress building Faction Standing (which I know if I'm just going to do a couple I don't need Faction Standing, just Corp Standing). I don't know if things were different in the past, but outside of blitzing missions it's hard as well to get over the 5/6 hump. Tags (minus the three I couldn't do originally) only got me to to between 3.5 and 4.0, Faction Warfare only awards faction standing on corp standing milestones so while the bonus may be decent there are only so many you can get. Plus the missions take so much longer without being able to use the bomber and are far more panic inducing in a T3.

Level 5's are far easier now.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
So I know the Rifter used to be the big king dick of cheap but effective frigates to use in large groups. Does that still hold true or is there another frig with a better strength to cost ratio? Gonna stockpile some frigs to go get myself killed in.

Fureil fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 15, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

yeah i like not being able to fly half the ships in the game

Unless 20 skill injectors magically fall into my lap to boost those missile skill up I have more pertinent skills I want to train first.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

LemonDrizzle posted:

You don't have to use expensive fits at all. Here, I wrote a thing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hRkjZHqr92CV4iXzpXLT8uWuuj0AfvTGj5yAm1NV-_c/

To be honest most of the fits in the Blitz document aren't super expensive or can be made cheaper with a bit of tweaking. My problem is the cruiser missions, those ships are ridiculous expensive and need to be kept fairly expensive.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Fureil posted:

So I know the Rifter used to be the big king dick of cheap but effective frigates to use in large groups. Does that still hold true or is there another frig with a better strength to cost ratio? Gonna stockpile some frigs to go get myself killed in.

There was a balance pass a long time ago. I can't think of a Frigate that particularly sucks in the "never use" category, and there are some that shine over others, but in general they're all decent now. Rifter is still pretty high on the scale too if you want to stick with that, it's just not so far above the rest that you can't even make out their names anymore.

Edit:
Actually, if you plan on flying T2 fits in T1 Frigates, look at the Faction frigates. They're cheaper than AFs and are incredibly fun to fly over most standard T1 Frigates.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There was a player ran EVE Valkyrie ~esport attempt this weekend with Team North America facing off against Team EU. We, the EVE_NT TV guys, produced it and are going to be working on making more EVE Valkyrie PVP competitions down the line so this was more of a trial run for tech & other stuff. Also to give us a list of features we'd like to get CCP to implement, or at least figure out how to make ourselves.

Match 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msY8GTRLjY4
Match 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-2TKKTEjNY
Match 3 - (Lost to Twitch taking a poo poo)
Match 4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYD1T9lRCio
Match 5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5dxhABPJBc

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So why exactly have PLEX prices dropped so sharply? Buy orders are now at 865mil. I know it has to do with the latest expansion but I don't understand the market fluctuations.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Stockpiles

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I think stockpiles, nerfing station trading with higher NPC taxes, and the fact that CFC had a fuckton of carrier multiboxers who have now Gooed those alts and sold the injectors.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I didn't goo mine and I've been thinking about getting some thanatos in Syndicated amd/or wherever FCON is and zungen.gif ING people

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Speaking of PLEX, I was looking through the buy orders yesterday and how exactly is this explained? Are they npc buy orders? Because even with margin trading, the people placing those would need a few trillion isk to cover them...

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Ambaire posted:

Speaking of PLEX, I was looking through the buy orders yesterday and how exactly is this explained? Are they npc buy orders? Because even with margin trading, the people placing those would need a few trillion isk to cover them...

they ahve a few trillion isk

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Is that still hangover from the guy who put in massive buy orders right before the patch to leverage the lower NPC tax rate? I don't buy plex so I'm not really clear on the current state of the market.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Is there really no counterplay to afk cloaked reds in system?

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

FranktheBank posted:

Fly something with which you don't care whether they're AFK or not. Or just not care even when flying something blingy.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

FranktheBank posted:

Use killboards to figure out what the cloaked reds like to do when they uncloak (are they lone stealth bombers going after haulers? covert cyno characters who are going to bring in a black ops fleet? something else?) and when they're usually active, and use that information to set a trap for them.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So why exactly have PLEX prices dropped so sharply? Buy orders are now at 865mil. I know it has to do with the latest expansion but I don't understand the market fluctuations.

Ambaire posted:

https://www.themittani.com/features/plex-wall-incident has your answers

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I barely understand any of this but Market Fuckery is enough of an explanation.

Will the prices gradually go back up or will the new Citadel markets screw with things?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I barely understand any of this but Market Fuckery is enough of an explanation.

Will the prices gradually go back up or will the new Citadel markets screw with things?

Until those trades get dropped (in about 80 days, or until someone with a trillion isk tries and fails to complete those orders) the market is pretty much locked. Once those low fake buy orders get cycled through, PLEX will likely increase in cost.

At least that's my understanding of what his shenanigans will cause.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Otacon posted:

Until those trades get dropped (in about 80 days, or until someone with a trillion isk tries and fails to complete those orders) the market is pretty much locked. Once those low fake buy orders get cycled through, PLEX will likely increase in cost.

At least that's my understanding of what his shenanigans will cause.

you can update orders

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

:psyboom: I don't even... how? what? or as Shimrra Jamaane said, 'market fuckery'. The most I've done is put up a few sell orders for stuff that had no good buy orders.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you can update orders

It'd cost him serious isk to do that though

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If you have enough isk that you're in the position to manipulate the market to the tune of hundreds of trillions of isk and you aren't somehow RMTing it all than you're beyond all help. That's potentially hundreds of thousands of real US dollars over the course of how ever long it takes you to dump it all. (Months, years, whatever)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You can't get it out anymore. That's the problem

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

vyst posted:

You can't get it out anymore. That's the problem

Yeah, after another read of the article, it appears his 'investment' was the broker fee, which is an isk sink, so it would take him about 7 times as much isk to create those buy orders now than before the patch. I don't really see how he made any money off the whole thing, or can.

Edit: I guess the profit was as some comments mentioned, since he made those orders before the patch, anyone making an order after the patch can't make as much profit on the same sell price so if he drives the sell price low enough, he will be the only person on the market making any profit. At least until the fabled 0% broker fee private station thingamajigs.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 16, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ambaire posted:

Yeah, after another read of the article, it appears his 'investment' was the broker fee, which is an isk sink, so it would take him about 7 times as much isk to create those buy orders now than before the patch. I don't really see how he made any money off the whole thing, or can.

Edit: I guess the profit was as some comments mentioned, since he made those orders before the patch, anyone making an order after the patch can't make as much profit on the same sell price so if he drives the sell price low enough, he will be the only person on the market making any profit. At least until the fabled 0% broker fee private station thingamajigs.

No I mean you can't rmt in mass quantities anymore.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

vyst posted:

I have no idea how it ever worked but couldn't he buy a bazillion plex and sell them for real money at a discount to some shady Russian gaming website or something?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Whatever anti-RMT measures CCP has aside - he's margin trading so he really only needs enough isk to cover initial collateral + whatever volume he does between logins, assuming his sell orders are filling at roughly the same rate as his buys. If someone showed up with enough plex to fill all of those buy orders I imagine the check would bounce (figuratively speaking of course).

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
He probably has them set up so that X are in each wallet division so he can put a limit on someone being able to do that. So it would literally bounce in the same way that margin trading 5 wallet division scams do

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

vyst posted:

you can in items, it's how i would have done it if i happened to rmt.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Thanks to the folks who offered to loan me l4 ships - got a cheapo maelstrom that's currently doing the trick and will hopefully continue to do so until I pay off my ~benefactor~ and can start buying burner ships.

I'm not at the point where I can blitz yet, so I'm running basically everything and I think I'm going to start updating the goonwiki with mission info because eve-survival's format is painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Is the stunt double Astero fit the best way to go with that hull? I've not yet flown one but shield buffering a ship with an armour resist bonus triggers my Battleclinic PTSD.

Also I'm wondering how entry-level you could make ratter-ganking/camping. Newbies in protocloak Tristans? :3:

• Locked thread