Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

mrkillboy posted:

The international version of Squeenix's new mobile JRPG Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is out in soft launch in "select regions" (Sweden probably).

Unsurprisingly, it doesn't work on rooted devices. RootCloak doesn't even seem to work, but then again, I've never actually had it work for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soda Addict
Apr 19, 2003
Insert Something Here
Hooray Tiny Tower is back, I'm 120R

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

A quick Trip Report for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius.

:siren: First and foremost, this is a beta. :siren: There are issues, crashes, and bugs, so be prepared for them.

Removed the rerolling info. Everything is pretty confusing. One thing says to only use one FB account, another says to use two. From my own experience, I think the use 2 accounts is right, because when I tried to save, it overwrote.

My best guess is: After you get 500 Lapis, do a roll. If it's not a 4★ or 5★, log into your throwaway account, then log out. Repeat until you get what you want, then log in to your main account. Uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help if you screwed up like me and logged in to your main account first.

There are various locked chests that show up. You can buy keys to unlock them via IAP, but it might be better not to do that. Japan has had various events that made obtaining keys easy. I'd suggest waiting.

And some starter tips from reddit.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 14, 2016

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Szara posted:

Thanks for the recommendation, but I'm not really into the Sci fi theme. At the moment, I don't have access to fast Internet, and from what I've briefly read, KOTOR takes a while to download.

I just really wish I could find a good medieval/fantasy game that I could play to my heart's content without having to shell out money every 15 minutes to recharge the energy bar or whatever.

Then trying out "the shadow sun". It is not as well made of a game, but it is still fun and that company has made about 3-4 other fantasy rpgs.

Bard's tale could also work, but I don't think there is a party system in that game.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Kheldarn posted:

A quick Trip Report for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius.

:siren: FACEBOOK. :siren:

They've had perfectly good Google Play Games cloud save they could have used. Ugh.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

marshmonkey posted:

Is this still happening? Some people report checking back later and it working. You can also search the store manually for Tiny Tower.

Went to sleep, woke up, and it works now. Thanks!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

flatluigi posted:

Gimme your best lighterweight phone or tablet game that doesn't require a data connection and doesn't drain a ton of battery because I'm going on a trip for a week with inconsistent-to-no-internet and wouldn't mind something to mess around with on a device if I end up getting rained out and have to keep myself entertained inside.

Try Puzzle Craft 2 also. It was great when I was away under similar conditions for 2 weeks recently.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Kunster posted:

I've been recently playing HuntCook and I'm already at the third part of the game.

This game has been floating around a few places, getting a review here and there , so here's my personal overview .

I like this. Are you in a guild?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Tunga posted:

If your phone is running something older than Android 4.1 then you're out of luck.

It's on 5.0.1 but

tater_salad posted:

Is the sunset one of those inexpensive prepaid phones? If yes then probably too weak to do cardboard.

Yeah it's one of these and that's probably the case. Oh well!

Tinyn
Jan 10, 2003

TT: I got sent a worker, but my residential are full. I pressed 'keep'. It gave me no message like 'Could not keep sent bitizen'

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tinyn posted:

TT: I got sent a worker, but my residential are full. I pressed 'keep'. It gave me no message like 'Could not keep sent bitizen'
They actually hang out in the lobby, check there first

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sir Unimaginative posted:

They've had perfectly good Google Play Games cloud save they could have used. Ugh.

On the other hand, it should allow Android <-> iOS, right?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Kunster posted:

I've been recently playing HuntCook and I'm already at the third part of the game.

gently caress the first recipe event. I've killed like a billion pheasants and have two people waiting on the special pheasant dish.

I'd be up for some friend code trading, but both parties have to punch in the other within five minutes of each other. What's the point of that?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I see what you did there

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What's the best match 3 type game on Android? Looking for something as close to bejeweled as possible, really

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

flatluigi posted:

What's the best match 3 type game on Android? Looking for something as close to bejeweled as possible, really

Well, there's Bejeweled Classic, Bejeweled Blitz, and the newly released Bejeweled Stars.

I haven't played Stars, but Blitz is my favorite of the other two.

Also, Twist My Jewels is a pretty good Bejeweled Twist clone.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Yeah, Bejeweled Classic is pretty much Bejeweled 3 on your smartphone, though you'll need to pay to permanently unlock some of the extra modes like Lightning (which is essentially Blitz without the fixed time limit) and Butterflies etc. Alas, Action doesn't return in this version.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 14, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

Yeah, Bejeweled Classic is pretty much Bejeweled 3 on your smartphone, though you'll need to pay to permanently unlock some of the extra modes like Lightning (which is essentially Blitz without the fixed time limit) and Butterflies etc. Alas, Action doesn't return in this version.

And there's no Poker mode :argh:

Other than that, it's completely solid.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I liked hunt cook well enough, until it bugged out and all the timers went to 406442 days. You cannot cancel any cooking in progress, and even if that wasn't true the dog and hunt timers also glitched so gently caress this. It isn't even a rooted phone.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Philosopher King posted:

bout to try the humble bundle for android this month. How is rebuild 3, and this war of mine on phones?

Haven't tried those yet, but Evoland has been taking up the last two hours of my day. You start out as a 2D Zelda and eventually find treasure chests that unlock elements of the game (like NPCs, sound, the ability to read signs) with tongue firmly in cheek. Really enjoying it so far.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Updated the info in my Final Fantasy Brave Exvius post. Rerolling isn't as simple as all that, since it requires 2 FB accounts, and you need to use your throwaway one first. Bleh.

Anyway, if you want to add me, my code is 796,613,573. I'm sharing Leah, a White Mage with Cure and Libra. If you friend me, you can use her Healing Wind Limit Break.

RushJet
Aug 29, 2013

Barfk! Barfk!
:goatdrugs:
TT friend code is 12W9. I've added everyone I've come across so far. Is there a list some where?

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008

bbcisdabomb posted:

gently caress the first recipe event. I've killed like a billion pheasants and have two people waiting on the special pheasant dish.

Is that the Ramen one? You can buy it in the shop, I made the same mistake until I hit the hint button!

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Snowmankilla posted:

I like this. Are you in a guild?

Nope! But the guild mostly just gives you ingredients and one portion of game per person you add. The npcs are waaay too generous.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Galaxy Trucker is a game where you race against your opponents to build the biggest, baddest, space ship in the galaxy, then pit yourself against a series of dice rolls that will rape you bloody no matter how well prepared you are.

It has charming graphics.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

The Ferret King posted:

Galaxy Trucker is a game where you race against your opponents to build the biggest, baddest, space ship in the galaxy, then pit yourself against a series of dice rolls that will rape you bloody no matter how well prepared you are.

The board game it's based on is pretty great, also.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The Ferret King posted:

This is how a Vlaada Chvatil gsme works.

Try Space Alert (the physical boardgame). It's way rougher with the loving and whatnot. Still wonderful, though.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Are there any games with a strong voice cast, or GPS/Step integration? Either or, of course. I want something to play/listen to while walking/skating. Respectively. Or should I dust off the SDK and make the latter?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Polyseme posted:

Are there any games with a strong voice cast, or GPS/Step integration? Either or, of course. I want something to play/listen to while walking/skating. Respectively. Or should I dust off the SDK and make the latter?

Zombies Run! is good for exercising

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

Spellspire is a new action RPG/word search game that seems pretty neat.

I really wish there wasnt a timer on this game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Brasseye posted:

I really wish there wasnt a timer on this game.

I would pay for an unlimited lives IAP.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Dirty Needles posted:

Is that the Ramen one? You can buy it in the shop, I made the same mistake until I hit the hint button!

No, it was the pheasant with eggs on rice that was tripping me up. I finally got it though!

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream
I'm in TT as 11K6.

Version 3.0.0, still getting game notifications while in game.

echo465 fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 15, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Anyone know any decent golf games?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Anyone know any decent golf games?

Desert golf
? Or do you mean real simulation golf? If it's the latter I got nothing.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
TT code is 1341

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

bbcisdabomb posted:

So far the worst ones I had was the third one and the ninth one in terms of recipe drop.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I'm in a gaming drought, what's the best way to play android games on a Windows 7 PC?

I tried Bluestacks, but it feels a little more invasive than I might be comfortable with. It also looks like the most expensive? I'm not against putting some money down, my priorities would be ease of use which Bluestacks was great, no spam/ads which looks like it might not be an issue if paying for Bluestacks and no scumbag invasive shenanigans like using my email address for things I don't want which Bluestacks had my alarm going off.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Bluestacks and Nox are the best for gaming currently. Bluestacks is a nice easy to use app player. Nox is a good emulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

133X on Tiny Tower