Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ka0 posted:

Please no, I'm tired of listening to the green goblin everywhere he does dubs.

How about io gets his wolverine voice instead and Daryl gets his Cyrus voice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
I always liked at the end that Shiro admitted he wasn't fighting for noble goals or his friends or anything. He just wanted to live and marry Aina, but mostly just live.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ka0 posted:

Please no, I'm tired of listening to the green goblin everywhere he does dubs.

Have him do his Guilmon voice then. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't heard Blum do a voice for a dub in forever.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Could have sworn he did some background voiced in The Origin

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Baal posted:

I haven't heard Blum do a voice for a dub in forever.

Watch Regular Show and enjoy the vocal talents of Blum, Mark Hamil, and the dad from that 70s show.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Blum can do other voices if people ask him to but most usually want that one voice

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Srice posted:

Blum can do other voices if people ask him to but most usually want that one voice

Which one? Growly tough guy or screechy evil dude?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Spike, usually.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Srice posted:

Spike, usually.

Shame too because he has a wide range. I was rather disappointed in the voice work for samurai Champloo because he was just doing spike if spike had railed some coke. It wasn't exactly bad, but most of the VA work on that show felt ever so slightly off. Like Jin. Kirk Thornton has a great range (see his Gato voice) but he played Jin entirely monotone. He was supposed to be reserved not emotionless.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice posted:

Spike, usually.

He was great as Onizuka and the one time he got to be Char

I could talk forever about him though and why he's the best and everyone who says anything bad about is wrong and dumb

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 15, 2016

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Yeah, I got opinions about dubs

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're good

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Blum is a good Orochimaru in Naruto. He sounds pretty different from his normal voice.

...what? Don't judge me. Everyone liked Naruto ten years ago when I watched it.

But since we're talking about voice-acting in, ya know, the Gundam thread, Brad Swaille has some amazing talent. I first heard him as Amuro and then he was Setsuna and then Quatre according to the way I viewed the various Gundam shows and he could do them all perfectly. I hear he's also great as Light Yagami, whoc is way different from any of the aforementioned fellows.

Also gotta give a shout out to David Kaye. I first heard him as Sesshomaru on Inuyasha forever ago but I guess his Sessh voice was actually just his Treize voice. And it's a loving amazing voice.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Brad Swaille really loving sells Rock in Black Lagoon. I like him a lot.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

NikkolasKing posted:

Also gotta give a shout out to David Kaye.

David Kaye at his finest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9t7G_lHeiY

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm now halfway through 0080. I can definitely see why people love it. It's a nice change of pace coming off the end of CCA. I feel like this was what I was supposed to be feeling during the shift from Zeta to ZZ, but that just made me resentful while this makes me happy.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Now people can truly understand the power of the RGM-79D Cold Districts GM.

Jim is love. Jim is life.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Much as I like GM designs, I can never not say Gee Em. Jim just sounds silly.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Much as I like GM designs, I can never not say Gee Em. Jim just sounds silly.

Yeah, same. although thinking about it the Jim pun was probably the intention from the start.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Jim makes sense as a kind of WWII fighter nickname that Zeon pilots would refer to them by, but I never really bought it as a term federation characters would use

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aren't there like five Gundam characters named with some variation of Jim at this point? Calling the GM's that too feels like a little much.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

mr. stefan posted:

Jim makes sense as a kind of WWII fighter nickname that Zeon pilots would refer to them by, but I never really bought it as a term federation characters would use

Funny, I see it as the opposite. Soldiers given heavy equipment are notorious for giving them shortened, often human, nicknames and such. I could totally imagine Jim being something that one feddie foot soldier started calling it, and then it just caught on.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Funny, I see it as the opposite. Soldiers given heavy equipment are notorious for giving them shortened, often human, nicknames and such. I could totally imagine Jim being something that one feddie foot soldier started calling it, and then it just caught on.

Yeah, I've always seen it as this. "Jim" is what the Feddies call it in common parlance, "GM" is the official designation.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zack and Jim, grunts of the One Year War.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Yeah, and the first mass produced Feddie mobile suit seems like a prime target for an affectionate nickname. For good and ill.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Jegans and Javelins don't seem like they'd get a nickname like that. Maybe just New Jim and Newest Jim.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The Jim name is cuz it's a reference to Jeeps from wwii

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Shinjobi posted:

Watch Regular Show and enjoy the vocal talents of Blum, Mark Hamil, and the dad from that 70s show.

Blum's also a regular on Star Wars: Rebels, which is great. Australian accent this time. I did like his Green Goblin/Starscream mind.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I was unaware they had released an English version of gundam breaker 3, ended up importing it and drat if it isn't worth every single extra penny. Currently wrecking poo poo as a kampfer headed, zeong armed-gouf martial artist with hidden ranged weaponry. I've never played a game with such incredible customization options. This almost makes up for the fact that i'll never be able to play macross 30 in a language I understand.

also as someone who hasn't watched build fighters the plot is hilariously lighthearted and awesome. We've gotta save our shopping center! Yeah!

VVV I havn't seen much vita footage, but I'd say the ps4 version is worth waiting for. The graphics (for the suits at least) are very nice and you can add all sorts of tiny decals and weathering effects to your gunpla, much as I love the vita I doubt it would really do the detail justice.

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 16, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I can't get it for Vita because of the idiotic account restrictions so I have to wait until have a PS4 this Christmas. :argh:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Anthrovore posted:

I was unaware they had released an English version of gundam breaker 3, ended up importing it and drat if it isn't worth every single extra penny. Currently wrecking poo poo as a kampfer headed, zeong armed-gouf martial artist with hidden ranged weaponry. I've never played a game with such incredible customization options. This almost makes up for the fact that i'll never be able to play macross 30 in a language I understand.

Can you grab a screenshot? Because I'm picturing some crazy gorilla arms there.

quote:

also as someone who hasn't watched build fighters

Rectify this, seriously. There's an argument that it's no a Gundam show but it's super fun.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Anthrovore posted:

also as someone who hasn't watched build fighters the plot is hilariously lighthearted and awesome. We've gotta save our shopping center! Yeah!

I watched the first couple of chapters on youtube and I love the opening showing off this awesome new space future and then it cuts to Misa who just goes "Well enough about that, time to mooch at the arcade."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The weird thing about GB3 is that the plot is basically identical to BFT except somehow more competent and your protagonist only spams JIGEN HAOH if you REALLY want them to.

The downside is that there's like 5 characters in the entire game and the plot is still pretty dumb.

On the other hand the final boss is hilarious

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Gundam Breaker 2 is the high water mark for absolutely hilarious stories.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kanos posted:

Gundam Breaker 2 is the high water mark for absolutely hilarious stories.

Unfortunately, it never got an English release, so we'll never know what the plot to GB2 is. :v:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Lemon-Lime posted:

Unfortunately, it never got an English release, so we'll never know what the plot to GB2 is. :v:

As far as I've been able to cobble together, You're playing a video game within the game that features a fully fledged space war Gundam-style that happens to be fought using full-scale Gunpla. The characters within the videogameception are fully realized characters with emotions and motivations and you help them along their journey with your Video Game Gunpla powers. The story is full of hilarious plot beats like a Wing Zero pilot sacrificing himself to save the Archangel from a Divinidad by suicide God Fingering it, a Shining Gundam pilot sacrificing herself to protect the Archangel from a legion of mass production Big Zams, your entire crew all dogpiling your random gunpla into a Dendrobium shell to boost into space, an Epyon pilot using a Denan Zon lance salvaged from the wreck of one of his dead wingmen to destroy the Rafflesia that killed his wingmen, and other hilarious moments.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Jegans and Javelins don't seem like they'd get a nickname like that. Maybe just New Jim and Newest Jim.

"Okay boys, the Feddie front line consists of Jims, Jimbo's, Jimmy Jo's and some rather old Jim Bobs..."

"Sir, you forgot the Jojo's at the back too!!"

"Your right Johnson, good work!"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

"Okay boys, the Feddie front line consists of Jims, Jimbo's, Jimmy Jo's and some rather old Jim Bobs..."

"Sir, you forgot the Jojo's at the back too!!"

"Your right Johnson, good work!"

Did somebody say JoJo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Can you grab a screenshot? Because I'm picturing some crazy gorilla arms there.

(un)fortunately, the zeong is downsized to near normal MS size in the game so no crazy knuckle walking with the arms

They are, however, fully functional :getin: