Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

stiknork posted:

this was helpful, thank you!

another stupid question: is there any trick to make instant ex air tatsu (ken) easier on dpad? i'm having a lot of trouble staying low with them

unlike chun instant air legs there really isnt an instant air version of this you just need to input qcb as you go up from the ground so uf then roll your thumb hcb... if people do this trying to input qcb to uf+kk i think thats way harder than just learning the height timing and jumping then doing qcb+kkk. same for cammy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

unlike chun instant air legs there really isnt an instant air version of this you just need to input qcb as you go up from the ground so uf then roll your thumb hcb... if people do this trying to input qcb to uf+kk i think thats way harder than just learning the height timing and jumping then doing qcb+kkk. same for cammy

yeah cammy's is proving to be prohibitively hard. i can get the ex instant 20% of the time but i have for some reason never successfuly done a non-ex one.

i was watching fchamp talk about instant air yoga flame being an absolute necessity for him to master and taking 12 hours of continuous attempts to do. he was trying to say that you can accomplish anything you put your mind to but it made me just train to do the normal dive kick lower because that is actually achievable for a casual player

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
is dan in street fighter V yet

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Pomp posted:

Capcom has stated that the game's poor performance may be in part due to "cannibalism" of the fighting game genre, meaning too many fighting games were released in too short a time.

haha okay

I think it played a part. All of my friends were excited for street fighter 4s release, none of them cared too much about SF5. The lack of casual content just sealed the deal.

I honestly think even if Capcom hadn't rushed the launch it still would have missed their predictions, just maybe by not as much.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

ellbent posted:

what you call "cannibalism" most people call "options," capcom

uh, no, i believe the option selects were removed from the genre

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Yeah, he grew a foot taller and a beard, and added 200 pounds of muscle. His v-skill is even the same as his old crouching taunt! Oh, and he's a grappler now.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

BillmasterCozb posted:

Every character is dan

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Booyah- posted:

Every character is dan

no, chun and nash are complete

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Mega Comrade posted:

I think it played a part. All of my friends were excited for street fighter 4s release, none of them cared too much about SF5. The lack of casual content just sealed the deal.

I honestly think even if Capcom hadn't rushed the launch it still would have missed their predictions, just maybe by not as much.

that quote was about SFxT, lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So has Capcom actually announced who the next DLC character is?

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 16, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So has Capcom actual announced who the next DLC character is?

wait for the 31st as usual.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

99 percent chance of Boxer, then Ibuki, Juri, and finally, Urine

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

hiddenriverninja posted:

99 percent chance of Boxer, then Ibuki, Juri, and finally, Urine

See, I would agree if it weren't for the fact that before Alex my SF friends were constantly saying Boxer would be first, then After Alex he'd totally be next. I wouldn't be surprised to see them hold on to Boxer to build up for all those weirdos who think any character from SF2 is cool.

I'm kind of hoping for Ibuki, but she'll probably play more like 4 Ibuki and not 3 Ibuki so that's kind of a bummer.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

See, I would agree if it weren't for the fact that before Alex my SF friends were constantly saying Boxer would be first, then After Alex he'd totally be next. I wouldn't be surprised to see them hold on to Boxer to build up for all those weirdos who think any character from SF2 is cool.

So far the release order has been exactly the order of the promo art showing who the DLC characters were, so everything indicates that the next one is Boxer.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah, he grew a foot taller and a beard, and added 200 pounds of muscle. His v-skill is even the same as his old crouching taunt! Oh, and he's a grappler now.

I don't think Zangief is all that bad.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ibuki is the best of the rest imo

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ibuki is the best of the rest imo

Juri and Urien man

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/731175897236144128

pack it up

we pokken now boys

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Juri and Urien man

yeah. but im afraid to see how capcom fucks them up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I'm kind of hoping for Ibuki, but she'll probably play more like 4 Ibuki and not 3 Ibuki so that's kind of a bummer.

that confusion was the result of several pro players reporting that they had hands on with boxer at a games conference prior to alex's announcement for march.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Those are both ok games so probably not. We should play randoms again sometime hurthy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Those are both ok games so probably not. We should play randoms again sometime hurthy.

:yeah:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Booyah- posted:

yeah. but im afraid to see how capcom fucks them up.

ibuki seems like she'd fit in V better than either of them honestly

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Will capcom introduce selectable CAs like they did in 4?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Legit mad about losing to some shitlord Zangif that spammed two moves and the grab button over and over and over again. Got him down to like 20% health yet again oh nevermind he inexplicably grabbed me during one of my combos and took off like half my health.

I know he is a bad hero I am just venting. gently caress that poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Goetta posted:

Legit mad about losing to some shitlord Zangif that spammed two moves and the grab button over and over and over again. Got him down to like 20% health yet again oh nevermind he inexplicably grabbed me during one of my combos and took off like half my health.

if you lose to a move spammer or an obvious flowchart guy you need to look inside and realize that you are losing because you aren't listening to your opponent. you are trying to play your game when you need to adapt to counter his.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Real hurthling! posted:

if you lose to a move spammer or an obvious flowchart guy you need to look inside and realize that you are losing because you aren't listening to your opponent. you are trying to play your game when you need to adapt to counter his.

Also sometimes is that you expect too much from them and should just see whats coming for what it is.

If they shoryuken in all block strings, don't think that one even more clever set up will work.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

It's almost as if Pokémon is massively more popular than SF.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Goetta posted:

While it's really easy to ridicule this post and I'd love to do it, I'm going to help you out.

You cannot be grabbed during a "combo." A combo is a series of hits that are inescapable, the opponent can do nothing about them. Zangiefs grabs are 5 frames (5/60 second) startup, which means you left a gap of 5 frames or more in something you were doing while you were in range. if you hit him first, it means whatever you did afterward was very far from being a combo. If he was blocking, it'd be called a "block string" and you left a very large gap where he was able to beat your next move with his grab. He would've also been able to beat or trade with it with one of his normal attacks as well.

If you are very new, I will give you some advice against (bad) Zangief players who like to do random grabs when you are attacking them. Attack them once (do a crouching light punch or something) then hold straight up. If they tried to grab you will have neutral jumped it and can come down with a jumping attack and get a big combo. Practice an easy and damaging combo from this. You will run into problems against less bad or decent Zangiefs, who will know how to counter this. This is how you learn!

Also they're not called heroes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zangief is my hero.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Stand very far away from Zangief and just use magic over and over

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

Stand very far away from Zangief and just use magic over and over

magic is for cheaters who probably can't play without modifications and hardware hacks. get right with kacytron, evo champ 2016 book it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Excuse me Zangief is very obviously the hero of the people of Russia.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

just cast your magic spells at zangief that's what I always do

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
he was talking about zangif you guys all that stuff applies for him

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I wish my ultimate was just on a cooldown instead of this janky energy system they have going, I don't understand how it works

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

WarEternal posted:

It's almost as if Pokémon is massively more popular than SF.

The WiiU isn't a very popular console.

SFV is on two platforms.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

AnonSpore posted:

I wish my ultimate was just on a cooldown instead of this janky energy system they have going, I don't understand how it works

That's intentional, it's a weird abstraction hidden from the player so it's a poison cancer aids play skullgirls

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Night Blade posted:

The WiiU isn't a very popular console.

SFV is on two platforms.

i don't want to take anything away from pokken but given the following, its physical sales being higher is no surprise
1. pc gamers don't buy physical
2. many ps4 gamers don't buy physical
3. the wii u has practically no hdd space so physical games are more attractive
4. pokemon sells
5. sfv is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

SectumSempra posted:

Also sometimes is that you expect too much from them and should just see whats coming for what it is.

This forever. Sometimes you just need to focus to take stock of what came before and just assume its coming again.