Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Wassbix posted:

Why are there even two guilds if both are so inactive? (Legit question I just joined PnR which had room at the time I asked)

We have around 10-15 active 50s and like 5-7 that frequently comes to forever wars.

We have a ton of once-or-twice-a-week-warriors, what with it being such a playtime flexible game. So we need multiple guilds, and (understandably) nobody really wants to declare and enforce playtime based segregation between the two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Just had a go at my first field boss as a melee and.. wow.

Laggy, barely able to move thanks to player collision AND the boss random teleporting around? Perfect! I'm just glad it was Bheg and not Rednose.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
gently caress goons, im playin doom. doom guy never hides like a lil baby, either from demons or other doom guys. hes the one man i can trust

vahlok isn't ruining guild missions, goontang just isn't doing em. I think i'd know, considering I start and watch them almost every time, beginning and failing at 0 to 50 mobs killed.

valleyox/pox crepes aren't all gearspergs either. they just call for backup... and get it. goons can't seem to accomplish this same feat, so i'm taking a sanity break

edit: i went through and cleared out most of our wars including vahlok. go get gear and some balls in this downtime

lewtt fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 16, 2016

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
But you missed the true scourge of goontang, stormblessed.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

lewtt posted:

gently caress goons, im playin doom. doom guy never hides like a lil baby, either from demons or other doom guys. hes the one man i can trust

vahlok isn't ruining guild missions, goontang just isn't doing em. I think i'd know, considering I start and watch them almost every time, beginning and failing at 0 to 50 mobs killed.

valleyox/pox crepes aren't all gearspergs either. they just call for backup... and get it. goons can't seem to accomplish this same feat, so i'm taking a sanity break

edit: i went through and cleared out most of our wars including vahlok. go get gear and some balls in this downtime

I stand with PnR, and FOREVERWAR. o7

GreatestNerdEver posted:

I mean it's pretty easy to ask someone like HyC if parks wants to fight considering half the time we are warred against the same people

Being pvp-ready is nothing but a lovely excuse, no matter your level your CCs work just the same as the most geared played on the server, so CC people while the geared players kill them. In all the battles we fight, there are poo poo geared and low level players who even though I can one-shot them, they can still help with CC chains. Respawns are close enough to get you back to the action with relative ease

And considering guild protection exists, no PvP is not a valid roadblock to anything, but if people had the inclination to help as you so helpfully point out, it would not be a problem

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you. The mobile app chose to hide this post.

How much CC assist are those low level players you're one-shotting really bringing to the table? CCs work the same at any level, but your ability to actually land them certainly does not. I've been straight up told not to bother as a low level, so that could be part of our problem right there. If I thought people could use me on a level 35 sorc I'd be showing up to the fights every night.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 16, 2016

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

I stand with PnR, and FOREVERWAR. o7

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you. The mobile app chose to hide this post.

How much CC assist are those low level players you're one-shotting really bringing to the table? CCs work the same at any level, but your ability to actually land them certainly does not. I've been straight up told not to bother as a low level, so that could be part of our problem right there. If I thought people could use me on a level 35 sorc I'd be showing up to the fights every night.

Highish level Yuria + ACC offhand plus some ACC accessories + serendia special is more than enough accuracy to hit even the highest level players, level has zero or nearly zero effect on your ability to hit another player

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Highish level Yuria + ACC offhand plus some ACC accessories + serendia special is more than enough accuracy to hit even the highest level players, level has zero or nearly zero effect on your ability to hit another player

Sounds like a bit much to expect from the new player rank and file. I have a +9 accuracy offhand and a +7 basteer mainhand, along with some jewelry like Ridell Earrings and Rings of Good Deeds that give +1 acc as a secondary stat. I'll join the next fight and do some experimenting

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Except we're separate guilds so sounding the horn of goondor when ganked only summons half those numbers, which are already less than you're implying because at any given time maybe half of each roster half are actives (being generous there), maybe two thirds of those have pvp-fit characters, maybe half of those are online if you're lucky, and maybe a third of THOSE have any inclination. So you've got a small pool made even smaller by the guild schism, which makes PvP a totally valid roadblock to grinding.

I love PvP, and I do think that people complaining about PvP in a game where it is literally the only reason to grind good gear in the first place are dumb. But please base your shitposting on reality.

If you pm me (IdiotFriend) or hyc we can round up parks and recs people to help(maybe it seems like quite a few in our guild go silent when fighting starts but if enough people join in we can field enough). I'll always come to fights no matter how bleak until it becomes obvious its just throwing our heads against a wall. PnR has a few people who really love to pvp and I'm always willing to help goontang out since they have also saved our asses on multiple occasions.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
You have to be at least 45 but you can CC just fine then. If you're 35 you literally can't even fight, so no, don't try to come as a 35

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I've yet to kill someone in pvp however now that my gear is finally getting decent I can survive onslaughts. Last night at red nose some people showed up and I had a lot of fun making sure they couldn't attack while a sorceress finished up the job.

I can't combo for poo poo but it is pretty fun now that I can actually survive an attack.

Fresh out at 50 I was not a fan because any attack straight up killed me which was frustrating

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Vahlok.jpg

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
You monster

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009
I was trying to figure out when I killed the GLHF guy and realized it was when I was in Abandoned Monastery and found him fighting mobs at a quarter health and one shot him.

He was a bit upset.

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
Ideally we'd all be in one guild, but I don't think numbers have dropped low enough that we can do that yet. Probably better to hope Daum raises guild member limits or introduces the concept of alliances (or similar).

Having said that, I'm still under leveled but working on gear right now. If only my internet wasn't so terrible that I can't even properly afk horse train for that long-term investment. I'm also staying underleveled on my witch in particular so that I can tag in on world boss spawns without too big an issue (it was funny watching some PaxC members constantly throw attacks my way while fighting Red Nose when I'm still below 45).

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
we will never all be in one guild

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Not having sperg level gear yet is a good thing, don't let spergs make you feel bad over it.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

This super retarded but....

i bought the 30 buck or whatever pack before release. Where do i claim my horse?

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Meskhenet posted:

This super retarded but....

i bought the 30 buck or whatever pack before release. Where do i claim my horse?

I dont think the 30 got a horse that was the more expensive pack but regardless those items are claimed from the accounts page on their website

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Hi posted:

I dont think the 30 got a horse that was the more expensive pack but regardless those items are claimed from the accounts page on their website

ohh thats it. I got the pack with the pet and horse. i only did the pet on the webpage.

Does this game actually get fun at any point? im always hurting for inventory space :/

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Meskhenet posted:

ohh thats it. I got the pack with the pet and horse. i only did the pet on the webpage.

Does this game actually get fun at any point? im always hurting for inventory space :/

You can unlock a ton of free inventory slots by doing missions and if you miss any there are probably a bunch of guides online somewhere to tell you exactly where they all are.

Fun? No. They don't make fun video games anymore. Not since Tetris.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

DancingShade posted:

You can unlock a ton of free inventory slots by doing missions and if you miss any there are probably a bunch of guides online somewhere to tell you exactly where they all are.

Why yes, there is.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Caught a streamer doing a guild boss so we decided to crash his party.

This is from two meteors off horseback.

bonus vod: https://www.twitch.tv/bladeboques/v/66479791?t=03h06m02s

Bonus quote from him: "We nearly lost all our members from that, I've learned not to stream everything"

Simon Numbers fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 17, 2016

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I just hit lvl 16. I take it in order to farm in this game you have to make fences or something and put those down somewhere?

All ive been doing is following some quests.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Meskhenet posted:

I just hit lvl 16. I take it in order to farm in this game you have to make fences or something and put those down somewhere?

All ive been doing is following some quests.

There is a quest in the northern guard camp north of heidel (south of velia, through the pass), that will give you a free starter 1 slot fence. If you want more farm space you have to rent bigger fences using contribution points, which you get from contribution experience which is attached to most quest rewards. Here's a good farming guide. If you decide farming isn't your thing you can always pick up and return any fences you rented, the contribution point investment isn't permanent. Also you don't have to worry about competing for land with other players, farms are instanced. You can plop your fence right on top of someone else's if you want to.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

That doesnt sound too bad. Is farming worth it for a casual?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Meskhenet posted:

If you want to do trading, growing sunflowers is good for pack making I hear

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ok. that might ba an idea. I see my donkeys stamnia goes down. I need to refill that with carrots? what if it runs out in the middle of a run?

Sanguinaire
Feb 10, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

Ok. that might ba an idea. I see my donkeys stamnia goes down. I need to refill that with carrots? what if it runs out in the middle of a run?

If a horse/donkey runs out of stamina they just start walking super slow, and can no longer gallop. I think this is true for wagons as well when they lose all durability.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Meskhenet posted:

Can also be refilled, if you go to a Stable Master, for a small fee.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Meskhenet posted:

Do you ever intend to take up cooking for those wonderful food buffs without paying out the rear end for it on the marketplace? Then yes.

If nothing else you can do it mostly passively for a while to build up huge stocks of raw materials.

Also blue carrots for warhorses.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

I think this post was overlooked. The real star of this thread is Nick from Black Games. This is comedy gold of such purity that has not been seen since the great bit coin wars of 2013 or the Christ Roberts collapse of 2015. If you do not read this gem, you are missing possibly one of the most defining moments in the history of night time desert survival games.

Give this man all the money.

CountingWizard fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 17, 2016

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

May your deserts always be black, Nick.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Karistar posted:

Ideally we'd all be in one guild, but I don't think numbers have dropped low enough that we can do that yet. Probably better to hope Daum raises guild member limits or introduces the concept of alliances (or similar).

Having said that, I'm still under leveled but working on gear right now. If only my internet wasn't so terrible that I can't even properly afk horse train for that long-term investment. I'm also staying underleveled on my witch in particular so that I can tag in on world boss spawns without too big an issue (it was funny watching some PaxC members constantly throw attacks my way while fighting Red Nose when I'm still below 45).

PA stated they aren't interested in huge alliances as it goes against the Tribalish feel they want BDO to have. They even went far as to change the Node warfare to prevent guilds from informally aligning (they still do but its lot bigger pain in the rear end now).

I can't say for Goontang (in PnR) but from the sounds of it, if both guild can't field people for PvP, both guilds are gonna be locked out of Node wars, which is a shame. The setup is such that you need both defenders and attackers so you need a pretty large pool of players (there is only a winner if all other bases are razed before time cap). Usually the lesser geared people are on fire cannon duty/repairs but more than anything you just need a big pool of bodies to pull from. Guild leader can ride elephants which just go around running people over till they die.

On a side note, you should hit atleast 50 so you can get your daily/weekly boss scrolls. They give tonnes of good stuff + chance at boss armor. Also world boss loot are confirmed to be DPS based so going there as a level 45 pretty much locks you out of ever getting something good, at most you might hit the top 40 which is 100-300k worth of stuff.

Edit: You shouldn't worry about hitting PvP level either, almost no one will gently caress with you at a farm spot and if they do you can farm on off channels. Also, with +15 cap getting more AP/DP is really difficult and marginal after 130/180ish (all through ACC mashing) so you won't feel that outgeared most of the time. If someone does out-gear you, you can just get more bodies to put them into the ground.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 17, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
i'm on hiatus. if something needs doing and im not online, message me ON STEAM as lewtt

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lewtt

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Calling out HyC to forever war Pax over Haven. Yukii must dieeeeee

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Hurray, my witch alt's first pvp kill. walked up on a war dec'd guy soloing a hexe marie scroll and noticed I had 100% black spirit rage so figured what the hell and dropped a lightning, he really didnt find it nearly as funny as I did.

Heres to fresh pvp range alts and big aspirations of one day ruining some guys guild boss stream with a meteor

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

lewtt posted:

i'm on hiatus. if something needs doing and im not online, message me ON STEAM as lewtt

did doom turn out to be good

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

lewtt posted:

can you just make me leader or something, unless you feel like logging on every time someone needs to be made an officer or renew an officer contract or need to give someone guild protection or whatever else leaders do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

boho posted:

did doom turn out to be good

Doom is a very good game, confirmed.