Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This forever. Sometimes you just need to focus to take stock of what came before and just assume its coming again.

i played a ryu the other day that did jumping hk into either a frame trap or sweep always. no variation. he would let me just bob cammy up and down obviously spamming 3 on the stick waiting for the jump in to srk. never threw a fireball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Night Blade posted:

The WiiU isn't a very popular console.

SFV is on two platforms.

The original tweet specifically referred to PS4 sales only FWIW

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bhsman posted:

The original tweet specifically referred to PS4 sales only FWIW

steam spy estimates around 150K PC owners :shrug:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Uh I only use the term hero when I admire the character greatly. Nothing wrong with that.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-112582.html

Gorbachev graduated before Zangief was born, but other than that this owns and is completely accurate

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Goetta posted:

Uh I only use the term hero when I admire the character greatly. Nothing wrong with that.

He's pretty great. I love his ult, "Plant them!" as the casters say on some of the VODs I've watched.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
when is SFV going to be good?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Microwaves Mom posted:

We did, I also have someone trying to sell me on "Meera (Jojen's sister, traveling with Bran) is Jon Snows twin"

otoh, free coffee owns.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Intel&Sebastian posted:

We did, I also have someone trying to sell me on "Meera (Jojen's sister, traveling with Bran) is Jon Snows twin"

otoh, free coffee owns.

this is the type of quality and relevant post this game deserves

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ramen or pizza?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Intel&Sebastian posted:

otoh, free coffee owns.

100% agreed, right on bruv

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
lmao, whoops

But free coffee is good.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Microwaves Mom posted:

April 7th 2016 at 4 am EST, hopefully you were playing at that time or you missed it!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

WarEternal posted:

It's almost as if Pokémon is massively more popular than SF.

Also Pokken is massively better than SF.

Chandelure is a gimmick character who attacks every single meter the opponent has, including temp/white HP and assist gauge.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also Pokken is massively better than SF.

Chandelure is a gimmick character who attacks every single meter the opponent has, including temp/white HP and assist gauge.

But are most of the characters good

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

S.J. posted:

But are most of the characters good

Yes.

Hell, they even game (Lucha) Pikachu a neat style.

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

unlike chun instant air legs there really isnt an instant air version of this you just need to input qcb as you go up from the ground so uf then roll your thumb hcb... if people do this trying to input qcb to uf+kk i think thats way harder than just learning the height timing and jumping then doing qcb+kkk. same for cammy

ah cool i guess the height ceiling is high enough that it doesn't matter hugely, thanks broomlord

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yes.

I hear the local vs is dumb and stupid, c/d?

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

S.J. posted:

It's not great. You need to get two consoles and two monitors, connect them via lan, then enter a cheat code at the main menu. Once you've done all that, though, it plays fine.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Yes.

Why are you specifically calling out lucha pikachu as if heihachu mishimon isn't the raddest poo poo in the whole game?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

anime was right posted:

ramen or pizza?

put ramen noodles on the pizza, and then put the slices in the broth

YOU, TOO, CAN HAVE IT ALL

cams
Mar 28, 2003

you can get the game for $20 used from gamefly right now, if anyone is interested.

http://m.gamefly.com/game/Street-Fighter-V/5009185

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
What is the best way to set up training mode to practice crush combos? Ken endless DPs?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Goetta posted:

What is the best way to set up training mode to practice crush combos? Ken endless DPs?

Turn counterhit on on options and use a normal that gets you a CC.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

S.J. posted:

Yeah it's pretty bad but the online play is super great, at least from my experience. Gives me a little bit of hope for Tekken 7's netcode.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Started playing Melty Blood with a friend. Nero is totally my jam with his crazy good normals.
The game also has a good netcode and no 8f input lag. Just thought I'd mention that, for no particular reason.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

may contain peanuts posted:

It's not great. You need to get two consoles and two monitors, connect them via lan, then enter a cheat code at the main menu. Once you've done all that, though, it plays fine.

God DAMNIT Nintendo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Started playing Melty Blood with a friend. Nero is totally my jam with his crazy good normals.
The game also has a good netcode and no 8f input lag. Just thought I'd mention that, for no particular reason.
nero's super fun if you like big buttons. check out ryougi if you want a speedier version of 'just has really good buttons to hit'

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Zangief update: Managed to grab and toss a Zangief when he activated his CA, which caused him to immediately rage quit the match. Things are looking up down here in Bronze land.

I actually don't know how people can DC from matches so quickly on the PC beyond physically yanking some plug. I don't think Alt-F4 closes the program but maybe some other key combo does?

Dias posted:

Turn counterhit on on options and use a normal that gets you a CC.

I didn't know this was an option, thanks

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Goetta posted:

Zangief update: Managed to grab and toss a Zangief when he activated his CA, which caused him to immediately rage quit the match. Things are looking up down here in Bronze land.

I actually don't know how people can DC from matches so quickly on the PC beyond physically yanking some plug. I don't think Alt-F4 closes the program but maybe some other key combo does?

Just keep the task manager open, alt-tab into it, and tell windows to shut it down. You too can be a fighting game scumbag!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Just keep the task manager open, alt-tab into it, and tell windows to shut it down. You too can be a fighting game scumbag!

I just keep a forehead-accessible power breaker and a therapy coloring book near me at all times.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
You can Alt F4 out of SFV

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Agoat posted:

You can Alt F4 out of SFV

sometimes you can, and sometimes you can't

because Capcom is really good at making games

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Do it after you've lost instead. Why is that a thing in sf5 lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SectumSempra posted:

Do it after you've lost instead. Why is that a thing in sf5 lol

capcom bad

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Goetta posted:

like I said before, exploring training mode is in and of itself a useful and informative thing. tinkering with the options and exploring modes does wonders for learning this or any game really. the act of investing time in to exploring a tool like training mode or replays can only have a positive effect if you want to get better

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

I really want to play Melty (Or GG for that matter) but my stupid hands refuse to keep up with the pace so I end up dropping simple poo poo and it's depressing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Klades posted:

I really want to play Melty (Or GG for that matter) but my stupid hands refuse to keep up with the pace so I end up dropping simple poo poo and it's depressing.

the new gg in 2 weeks has simple input mode that you might be interested in, but practice will cure your affliction and i say that as someone with very very stupid hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Klades posted:

don't worry, just play nrvnqsr

here is an example of every nrvnqsr combo

something > something > something > j. c > j.c > j.c >j.c > airthrow