Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormhole was already insanely awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

"Border Access Revision: Borders are now open to your ships by default, although empires can choose to Close their borders for another empire (lowering your relations, of course.)"

This alone will make the game 1000x better.

Makes hyper lanes competitive with wormholes after early game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyway let's finish our small game asap and maybe wait for the patch before starting the next

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Anyway let's finish our small game asap and maybe wait for the patch before starting the next

Definitely. I'm around every evening until Friday

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

tumor looking batty posted:

I havent completed my first game of Stellaris yet.

Never mind, i insulted a race and they came and annihalted me

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

How do you get freaking achievemnts?? I colonized a planet and its not showing! Gabe!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

"Border Access Revision: Borders are now open to your ships by default, although empires can choose to Close their borders for another empire (lowering your relations, of course.)"

This alone will make the game 1000x better.

goddamn

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Definitely. I'm around every evening until Friday

I get off at 9 or 10pm pst everyday except for Friday through Sunday

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

How do you get freaking achievemnts?? I colonized a planet and its not showing! Gabe!

Turn on Ironman

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think I'm about to make a terrible mistake

e: apparently sweedens economy was on par with that of the united kingdom in 1936?? I'm not sure??

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

called a planet AIDS

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Stairmaster posted:

I think I'm about to make a terrible mistake

e: apparently sweedens economy was on par with that of the united kingdom in 1936?? I'm not sure??

that, uh, yeah, thats a bad choice u made today

also i guess i could run out the clock on vicky 2 but i dont really see the point anymore

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Uhhh why is Canada a GP??? you need to fix that

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

GreyPowerVan posted:

Uhhh why is Canada a GP??? you need to fix that

over time me and the central powers invaded all the other contenders but ofc canada is owned by england so it's tricky

and england is allied with russia, and wars with russia suck because it's impossible to occupy them

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Boost iceland to great power.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
if canada is a great power, england doesn't own them anymore. they're free

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Canada couldnt have possibly existed in that period of time.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEN5SEb5ASA

Jason Segel must have been hurting for work.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is hoi fun?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hoi3's a big mess but i h ear hoi2's really good

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i colonized planet Weed and none of my lazy workers do anything gah

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i colonized planet Weed and none of my lazy workers do anything gah

You can just drag them between tiles

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I was never really able to get into previous games but I think that's because of Old Paradox's jankiness and obfuscation, so I'm intrigued to try out HOI4 since Paradox has gotten a lot better about that kind of thing since CK2.

Fungah! posted:

hoi3's a big mess but i h ear hoi2's really good

I liked Darkest Hour, which I guess was like a fan mod of HOI2 that Paradox published as a standalone or something? The base game was still a little rough to get into but the Kaiserreich mod was a lot of fun and I'm not generally a mod guy.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Jankiness and obfuscation rule.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Is hoi fun?

hoi2 (especially darkest hour) is rad as hell. hoi3 is genuinely broken and more or less unplayable for myriad reasons and also crashes a lot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is hoi4 the paradox B team

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All of Paradox is the B-team except for Wiz imo.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

what does Wiz work on?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

fozzy fosbourne posted:

what does Wiz work on?

stellaris at the moment though that is brand new and p broken

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hoi3 had some really smart ideas, it was just broken on a fundamental level. so if they just fix that poo poo then hoi4 will be good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mad Wack posted:

stellaris at the moment though that is brand new and p broken

its pretty good for a launch paradox game nd the next couple patches look like theyll fix the really broken poo poo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol again tht internal politics being broken is a bug btw

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

for example, you could automate parts of your empire and thus avoid micromanaging the 1000000 infantrymen it requires to defend the western front of russia. you could set up fronts and have it mass things and put them in the right places according to your fortification. this is good idea!

but then the ai sells literally all of your oil for no reason because theres no way to tell it what you need and it can't figure that out and then your country collapses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

lol again tht internal politics being broken is a bug btw

I'm going to miss launch Stellaris because it's the only game I know of where slavery is a 0-downside mechanic and makes everyone really happy, including the slaves

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I liked Darkest Hour, which I guess was like a fan mod of HOI2 that Paradox published as a standalone or something? The base game was still a little rough to get into but the Kaiserreich mod was a lot of fun and I'm not generally a mod guy.
there is a lot of hate for hoi2 in the games thread, mostly because half the posters are illiterate mongoloids that don't understand the concept of massing armor at the weakest point in the enemy line.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

hoi3 had some really smart ideas, it was just broken on a fundamental level. so if they just fix that poo poo then hoi4 will be good

Yeah I'm most excited for HoI4 because it seems like the whole theme of the game is "let's take all the good ideas from HOI3 and put them in a good game" and that's all I need.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does anybody know how to cancel a ping once you set if off.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In Training posted:

Does anybody know how to cancel a ping once you set if off.

this is your life now, sorry

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i destroyed an alien civilization and instead of having them become my vassal, i did a white peace by mistake and got nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I started my first game last night and it seems to be less overwhelming than I thought. Obviously lots of micro management can eek out some serious advantage but I get the impression I can get by just with the high level stuff for now.