Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
removing every reason to want the earth drake buff is a little bit weird imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is the new champ cool?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

RC Cola posted:

Is the new champ cool?

https://www.twitch.tv/leaguecommunity/v/64410127?t=0h44m40s

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Luna Was Here posted:

the way they pronounce Taliyah gives me literal brain aids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-XQ0Jb2MRs

isn't that the proper way to say it?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

RC Cola posted:

Is the new champ cool?

i am going to Main Her and she will be fun and good

Kashuno posted:

isn't that the proper way to say it?

They're saying it like the Y isn't there so it looks like Tal E Yah but they're saying Tal E uh

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Is the new champ cool?

have you ever played ziggs and wished instead of being an arsonist vermin you were Korra

well do I have the hero for you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Luna Was Here posted:

i am going to Main Her and she will be fun and good

They're saying it like the Y isn't there so it looks like Tal E Yah but they're saying Tal E uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_uUGCYSKAE :shrug:

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 17, 2016

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RC Cola posted:

Is the new champ cool?

She's perfect in every way

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Stinger
Total Price reduced to 1100 from 1200
Attack speed lowered to 35% from 50%
Now Builds into Trinity Force.

Trinity Force
Now Builds out of Stinger instead of Zeal.
Total price reduced to 3600 from 3800
Attack speed increased to 40% from 15%
Cooldown reduction increased to 20% from 10%

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lovechop posted:

Stinger

Trinity Force

Does this mean Tforce no longer has passive movespeed?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

im still gonna say it

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Lovechop posted:

Stinger

Trinity Force

Tri losing crit; I'd say RIP in peace Corki if he wasn't already dead

e: oh god Gangplank I am so so sorry...

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Wont be surprised if that wall's duration sees a nerf; unless the enemy carries have flash available [or a Thresh hanging far back] it forces an unavoidable fight. In professional play I imagine the fog-visibility will let teams get back fast enough, but it's going to wreck solo queue.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
increasing the cost of swifties again..really tryin to kill those boots

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Firebert posted:

Tri losing crit; I'd say RIP in peace Corki if he wasn't already dead

e: oh god Gangplank I am so so sorry...

Not sure if it's a buff or nerf to the item overall, but I can somewhat see why they'd get rid of the crit.

Most people who get it right now use it as their only damage item (hecarim, irelia, sometimes jax), or in conjunction with another off-tank item like maw or dead man's plate.

So ultimately you have a bunch of people grabbing triforce and rolling with 20% crit all game which can turn some lane trades into dice rolls.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I mean, its pretty silly to the overall concept of the item; the entire gimmick is giving you a little bit of pretty much every stat, and two nice procs. If they really aren't comfortable with it being good at that niche they might as well make an upgraded Sheen item and remove it (thus banishing the Metagolem in its entirety)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I can't tell if losing movespeed/crit is a for the aspd/cdr is going to be better or worse for Ez. I feel like better but i don't play enough of the guy even though I really should

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

I mean, its pretty silly to the overall concept of the item; the entire gimmick is giving you a little bit of pretty much every stat, and two nice procs. If they really aren't comfortable with it being good at that niche they might as well make an upgraded Sheen item and remove it (thus banishing the Metagolem in its entirety)

I'm also assuming there's any underlying logic behind the change. Other than "we don't have stinger build into enough things."

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I just realized something I really do not like about Riot and it's that things that seem like pretty major bugs that would get patched immediately, do not get patched until days later when the next patch is out (and sometimes they acknowledge the existence of the bug, and then say "we're working on it")

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Kashuno posted:

increasing the cost of swifties again..really tryin to kill those boots

Wtf mate

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It seems like they just don't have a great infrastructure for hotfixes. When they hotfix stuff like malzahar's mana costs they have to spend like a week with inaccurate tooltips because they literally can't change anything client side.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

I can't tell if losing movespeed/crit is a for the aspd/cdr is going to be better or worse for Ez. I feel like better but i don't play enough of the guy even though I really should

The CDR and cost reduction are way better for Ezreal than the crit, though the utility and 900 gold differential will probably still make blue build the right choice like 90% of the time

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Lovechop posted:

Stinger

Trinity Force

Is it me or did it just get more skarnerey in here

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Lol more Aurelion Sol nerfs

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sol has a ridiculous win rate

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

rabidsquid posted:

Sol has a ridiculous win rate

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Aurelion Sol is a really weird champion. I don't think he will ever be popular. Even when you get fed on him you still don't feel strong you just sort of feel like you are walking over people and they are dying incidentally from your orbs. The dominating fun-time feedback you expect from exciting mage champions really isn't there. He's basically as good as his stats are and as good as his matchup allows him to walk into the enemy team and orb them.

I kind of wish he had more of a presence as a jungler or support or something, but as a mid laner if he's undertuned he will be absent from the game even moreso than he is now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sol's orbs really need to change to work like wisp's orbs from dota (the orb explodes when it hits something) if they don't want him to feel janky as gently caress

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I feel like the problem exists on the other side, too. If you're getting beaten by Aurelion Sol, it does not feel like you're being outplayed. It's bad feels all the way down.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Trick to making Aurelion more satisfying: when you kill someone say You just got celestial bodied

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I've stated this before and it still holds true. Winning at asol feels mediocre at best, and losing on him feels even worse than normal. I worry that as a result of this people will think that people just don't like simple champions, but really it's not sol being simple that holds him back. He's just boring.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I think the biggest problem is just that he doesn't really play like his art and design imply; you have this idea of a giant dragon that just flies over walls past fights and stuff and his burning hearts just incidentally incinerate heroes, cool. Then you play him and in reality your flying is entirely useless in most situations and his hearts feel like wet farts to use and manage. He's less of a flying dragon and more of a guy slowly swinging four spiked yoyo's around trying to pinch enemies into them.

I'd kind of be satisfied if his hearts gained damage and size with distance traveled, rapidly decaying once you're in a certain area for too long. That may just be me wanting to play him like Singed though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what they need to do is to give sol a three-hit passive

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
ok, can someone explain to me how huge cs differentials tend to develop? I tend to only really notice it when I'm playing ADC. A good example is my most recent game here. Me and Sivir exited laning phase at 101-104 cs respectively, and when I looked at end of game CS she is 70 up. This isn't exclusively a thing I notice with Sivir because occasionally I'll see it every now and then as well, and the ADC's I usually play this season have been Caitlyn or Lucian, so it wasn't an issue of Ez's waveclear being bad. I can only think of two things that could cause this, I was wondering if you guys would have any better ideas:

1.) The enemy adc is simply not grouping with their team and is instead spending most of their time shoving other lanes getting lane creeps/jungle camps at their leisure, uncontested as they are in a somewhat unassailable position

2.) The enemy adc is signaling to their team that they would like to waveclear when sieging so they can get the cs and because they have very good waveclear utility and their team is allowing them to do so.

I ask because for most of the midgame the Sivir was about 1-1.5k ahead of me in gold (due in part because of a slight lead she was able to get off of some positioning and objective mistakes we made as a team) but I'm sure the CS differential accounted for a chunk of that as well. Should I be changing how I group with my team, or should I just be more proactive about taking CS while grouped? I think for the most part when I'm Ez I try to use my Q's to poke and to cs and throw my Ult out onto approaching waves, should I instead be focusing solely on waveclear? If you want to take a quick look at the replay its the most recent on my replay.gg

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
As ADC, mid and late game, if your jungler is on one side of the jungle, take the other side's camps relentlessly. Learn how to freeze waves and when to push them. To make them hit the enemy tower when their team isn't around. It sounds hard but it's really not that tough. Basically you just have to clear the wave instantly at either XX:15 or XX:45 to get the fastest AFK push, hopefully right as another wave hits your current wave.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/573b975e1a9581f2c4/the-big-lee-kick

:smugdon:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
you end the clip to soon

unsubscribed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Methanar posted:

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Yu can play anivia again after they buff her R a lot next patch by the way

• Locked thread