Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How do mods work with online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

blue squares posted:

How do mods work with online?

Hackers keep finding new ways to circumvent the anti-cheat system, but only for a while. Running these mods without cutting off online access can get you banned, even if they're strictly single-player, so a mod manager is necessary. The one I use puts symlinks to the files in the game folder, runs Social Club in offline mode, disables the file checker and adds Windows Firewall rules to block the game from going online, and removes all that poo poo when you launch Online. It also means you can't use your Online character in Director Mode, but you can rebuild it with Skin Control, sans a lot of the clothing options for some reason (all the t-shirts using decals, they show up with checkered patterns instead).

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Oh, I thought because it was posted in this thread, they were mods for online. Last night someone was a chimpazee and someone else was spawning crazy cars that went absurdly fast. I couldn't tell if it was new content I've missed or mods/cheats.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The general rule of thumb is that if somebody is doing something that looks like fun, it's probably not official Rockstar content :v:

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

The general rule of thumb is that if somebody is doing something that looks like fun, it's probably not official Rockstar content :v:

:boom:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

blue squares posted:

Oh, I thought because it was posted in this thread, they were mods for online. Last night someone was a chimpazee and someone else was spawning crazy cars that went absurdly fast. I couldn't tell if it was new content I've missed or mods/cheats.

Oh no, I'm just posting it here because the other threads are dead. :buddy:

I don't condone hacking unless it involves showering people with cash and turning them into chimps, those people who just blow you up on spawn or empty your bank account are major shits who deserve to get banned.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

All of the autoplaying webm files are making my Chrome browser chug to a grinding halt, so either less of that or find a way to make them play on demand, plz thx.

is it just those last two or all of them? because you aren't the only one who's mentioned aard's are browser-killing

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Psion posted:

is it just those last two or all of them? because you aren't the only one who's mentioned aard's are browser-killing

change .webm to .gifv, like 1/10 the size.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Slim Killington posted:

"Is this uncomfortable?"

"Why, are you uncomfortable?"

good stuff :hfive:

blue squares posted:

I just played my first time with goons and I had so much fun. We did the thing where you have to knock people off a platform and we did a deathmatch. Thanks for the invites!

it's always nice to have new goonbros joining in on the festivities(and mumble) :)

FYI the two sumo games we did were FUNnel derby II and Issi grinder; both very fun game modes that PC crew have found as solid go-to jobs

~~IMPORTANT~~
This is a friendly notice for goons who haven't gotten into LLJK yet. You'll need to post in the Leet Liek Jeff K crew thread that your body is ready before anything else happens. FitB is going through inactive players clearing slots so we can keep the ranks of LLJK full of goons who are active and want to play. (Additionally if you no longer roll with goons/play GTA online please post in the thread so we can use your slot to add goons who do want to play)

Disclaimer: I am only given access to assist FallinInTheBlak however he sees fit on the PC side of things. I WILL NOT be circumventing the process for anyone! With that in mind please don't hit me up in mumble asking to get invited because I will only tell you to make a post and get in line. I'm sure I sound like a twat about this (thanks wolffffff) but that's because FitB is running this show voluntarily and can't do this without our love and support! :h:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Slim Killington posted:

"Is this uncomfortable?"

"Why, are you uncomfortable?"

Thank you so much for posting this. I have been having such a great time playing this silly rear end game with you silly rear end people. We had so many goons playing on PC last night!

Let's keep up the good work & continue our reign of fun. Let's make Los Santos great again!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Psion posted:

Yeah I don't know how aard hosed his up but they ruin my machine as well. I've never had a problem with yours or mine.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

SplitSoul posted:

So here's the list of mods I've put together so far. I wanted to include the one that allows bullets to dent cars and enables explosions on collision, but apparently they don't work anymore and I can't find replacements.

Alternative Exit
- Press a button to step out of a car at speed instead of throwing yourself from it. Makes for some cool action shots.
Ambient EntityFX
- Adds more dust motes, flying trash and other ambient effects to various locations. I've cut out the part that overhauls the animal spawns and AI, because gently caress getting mauled by even more mountain lions.
Ambient Weapons
- Pick up dynamic objects like trash cans, boxes, surf boards and such, and use them as melee weapons or throw them at peds.
Baka's Realistic Weapon Sounds
- Required for Rippler's Realism. Makes guns sound like they do in HEAT, basically, and adds ricochet sounds.
Build A Mission
- Does what it says.
Disarm
- Shooting a dude in the hand makes him drop his weapon.
Enhanced Native Trainer
- Powerful trainer that allows you to spawn peds, objects, vehicles, etc., change weather and time of day, spawn bodyguards and play animations, and much more.
Euphoria Ragdoll Overhaul
- Totally overhauls the Euphoria system with much more realistic responses to getting shot, hit by cars, tripping and pretty much everything else.
GoreV
- Adds gnarly exit wounds like in Max Payne 3.
Grab & Throw Peds
- Yes.
GTAV Mod Manager
- Manager that enables mods via symlinks, blocks GTA V in the Windows Firewall and allows you to run Online without mods so you don't get banned on accident.
Map Editor
- Expands heavily on the built-in map editor, allowing you to build detailed scenes with new props.
Native UI
- Required for several mods.
Object Spawn Unlocker
- Enables even more objects in the Map Editor.
OpenCamera
- Ever been annoyed by the restrictive camera range in the Rockstar Editor? Now you're only limited by the draw distance.
OpenIV
- Required for OpenCamera, as well as adding all the necessary files to archives.
PC Trainer V
- Another powerful trainer with some different options.
Raider's Blood, Violence, Ragdoll & Destruction Overhaul
- I've picked out the gunshot wounds, enhanced fire generation and system for applying wound decals on peds hit by cars, the overhauled weapons and melee system and whatever else this mod added have been thrown out.
Rippler's Realism
- Totally overhauls the damage, firing rate and everything else related to weapons. Bullet impacts kick up more dust, sparks and debris. Also removes tracers from all but the heavy guns.
Scene Director
- Powerful tool for setting up scenes. Direct peds to do your bidding.
ScriptHookV
- Enables mods.
ScriptHookV .NET
- Enables different mods.
Skin Control
- Change the model and skin of your character, including building one from scratch like in GTA:O. Also has the ability to save presets.
Vehicle Booster
- Remember how you could boost in different directions in Sleeping Dogs to smash into other vehicles? This does exactly that.

Any suggestions welcome! It's not going to be as easy to install as I envisioned, unless I share the archives with the files already added, which would make the pack like 5 GB and probably draw the ire of Rockstar.

would these work with https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/multiplayer-co-op ?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

blue squares posted:

I just played my first time with goons and I had so much fun. We did the thing where you have to knock people off a platform and we did a deathmatch. Thanks for the invites!

I missed this but thanks for hanging out man. People are what make gtao even worth anyone's time.

We're going to have to start self-organizing some things again, everyone is going to burn out on 13-spectator 10-minute 3-man issi grinder matches.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Zigmidge posted:

I missed this but thanks for hanging out man. People are what make gtao even worth anyone's time.

We're going to have to start self-organizing some things again, everyone is going to burn out on 13-spectator 10-minute 3-man issi grinder matches.

Car meets please.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

A true professional finishes the job, no matter the cost:

https://gfycat.com/FatRealisticAfricanporcupine

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Thank you so much for posting this. I have been having such a great time playing this silly rear end game with you silly rear end people. We had so many goons playing on PC last night!

No sweat, thanks for the bitchin' rad pool party.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Added myself to the PS4 list, added some people, followed instructions, hopefully I can blast some folks with ya'll.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Slim Killington posted:

these are amazing pics :cheers:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Is that a shark in the pool? :stare:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Slim Killington posted:

http://www.theonion.com/video/fat-kid-successfully-avoids-ridicule-by-swimming-w-14190

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Hugh Malone posted:

but I have noticed that when I am a VIP or a bodyguard I can lock on to players driving around sometimes from the Buzzard while we are doing VIP work, so that's probably what that is

Nope I have never been a VIP nor a bodyguard. I was off dicking around in free roam on my own when a dude in a hydra came farting by and in the replay you can clearly see the missile arc down and track into me/my car. This has happened a 2-3 times as far back as like 3-4 patches/updates ago on PS4. :shrug:

Icedude posted:

They have a wanted level. It should have a number in it showing how many stars they have.
Ahh, that explains that :cheers:

titties posted:

:siren:LLJK members:siren:

Some people have been cut to make room for players who have been waiting for weeks to get their invite.
If you cut me I'll cut you :ese:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Zigmidge posted:

I think the funnel derby is better because it's really hard to keep a car alive for an hour, whereas Issi Grinder is like "if brand new, die immediately and spectate, having gently caress-all for fun" and "if skilled, take an hour to die."

I know some people prefer Issi Grinder but I'm really leaning towards Funnel Derby as a better choice when new people are around.
RPG vs Insurgent was loving top quality the other night though. I've never had rounds that good. I should see if there are other versions of Mario v Snipers that might be more balanced for bigger teams than the heavy sniper version.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So I just replayed through the story mode and now I've got the online bug again. What are people doing for fun in online nowadays? I got randomly invited into LLJK, so I'm all set there, I think. I've done the heists and such.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Psion posted:

Seemed like all of them on the last page.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Pound_Coin posted:

change .webm to .gifv, like 1/10 the size.

webm is one of the two video formats behind gifv so that's like saying convert gifv to gifv

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

i cant handle looking at my dudes weird fleshtone nipples.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

No clue, but I can't see why not unless the scripting conflicts. Amazed that hasn't been killed by Rockstar yet, though.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
I'll try it out when i've got some free time. Would be great to have a handful of human "actors" and a bunch of NPC extras to manipulate.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

You never know what you'll see when you land someplace strange.

https://gfycat.com/RealUniqueLadybird

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ0JdERtFrY
You need teamwork to ensure matches don't last 10 full minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYJc5y2tyDQ
Buckshot, ya did good.

Follow the yellow car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd8bJ8O5ink
Seriously, coupe cheats. He's so in control of GTA.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 18, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I'm glad you got my back Futon.

https://fat.gfycat.com/ImpressionableFavoriteAngora.webm

"There's rimjobs and blowjobs" - Futon Forensic, 2016

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 18, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Zigmidge posted:

Follow the yellow car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd8bJ8O5ink
Seriously, coupe cheats. He's so in control of GTA.

That ending is perfect

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

"There's rimjobs and blowjobs" - Futon Forensic, 2016

Feel like this quote is missing some integral bits, namely the part regarding werewolves. But sure, just paraphrase me willy-nilly and lose all the meaning and wisdom, if that's your bag :shrug:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
SO MUCH FUN with the PC crew tonight I don't even know where to begin other than more pls.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I got in with the pc crew tonight and it was a riot. Definitely will be playing online more often.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
What time and timezone does everybody usually play? I want to get in on some funtimes but I've got no clue when people are playing.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Wilko posted:

What time and timezone does everybody usually play? I want to get in on some funtimes but I've got no clue when people are playing.

Between roughly 10pm - 4am GMT, jump on CTS mumble

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Pound_Coin posted:

Between roughly 10pm - 4am GMT, jump on CTS mumble

Thanks, I'll try jump on tomorrow!

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

FutonForensic posted:

Feel like this quote is missing some integral bits, namely the part regarding werewolves. But sure, just paraphrase me willy-nilly and lose all the meaning and wisdom, if that's your bag :shrug:

"Context"
--dryer-lint 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I've taken to watching a few YouTube GTA V channels and this place looks interesting.

https://youtu.be/oQd2f2Ssud8

Although I'm not 100 percent convinced it's a garage in the same way as the ones attached to the current properties it might be used for the new VIP DLC as a warehouse with the lift in the middle going to the office area of the headquarters. It did occur to me that it could be an apartment or headquarters due to things like the skylights but it's got multiple entrances so I guess it depends on weather they can replace them with big windows or not.

• Locked thread