Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ullerrm posted:

PL is smart enough to not start a war with Rusrus, so that ruled out much of the East. (Plus, NC is unlikely to participate in any Eastern war that might put their rentals at risk.) Querious/Delve wouldn't be a challenge, and it'd also starve PH of content while they were growing. Fountain is a pain to attack -- or, at least it was pre-Citadel -- due to its veins of NPC space and the fact that you basically only have one convenient invasion point in Hophib.

Put PL and the RUS in the same timezone and they'd have been gone long ago. Their only saving grace is the fact they're in such a godawful time zone. Just look at the astonishing numbers put forth for the Fade timers by Horde+PL vs Goonswarm. Something trivially small; 150 total when both sides added together. People don't fight the Russians because the timers always come out in a lovely timezone you'll never ever get decent numbers in.

They need to make a means to displace the timer like you could do with POS. After a certain HP threshold you can't change the stront value so people would just continuously keep it in that range for 8 hours to shift the reinforcement timer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

dragonstalking posted:

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=1442&b=7035547&e=210&t=baabqf

Wasn't there, have no idea how it went down, but i guess the good guys win again?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

frozenpussy posted:

Wasn't there, have no idea how it went down, but i guess the good guys win again?

Well the good news is that I've trained to be a goon in summer 2016 for a long time by being a Detroit Lions fan. "Oh no! We suck again!"

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

YouTuber posted:

I've been recommending this to the thread for the better part of two weeks. I've been running a group over in Horde called ISBAD to teach newbeans who have hit the T2 cruiser skill range to play this style of play properly. Drop the neuts though, we fit them like this because the ratters have a huge explosive resistance hole. You can drop most ships within 30-45 seconds with this fit. Neuts are only worthwhile for endurance fights, you're looking to get in and out quickly.

I'm glad it exists again. When I quit back in 2011 the only ratters in space you would come across were bots so blackops camps were utterly pointless.

I've been thinking about trying this fit for the last few days now, but I find the cost very prohibitive. Is that for Solo or small gang?
I already lost 3 astero so far and its hurting the wallet. I'm not too keen on losing a Stratios due to the price.

I tend to take too long before disengaging or attacking things which in retrospect, was clearly bait. Making these kind of mistakes with a 500m ship is going to make me poor very fast.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Youtuber's advice regarding neuts is poo poo and you shouldn't listen to him

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

It depends on what you're hunting, and where.

When Goons lived in Dek and were being hunted, the go-to ship was a Tengu with deadspace small shield boosters and maximum firepower (counting on the ship's massive natural T/K resists to do most of the tanking vs Guristas damage types) -- capping out the ship to shut off its local tank was more efficient than taking guns to eke out higher DPS.

If you live in an area where buffer-tanked targets are more frequent, then sure, the ACs might make sense. Personally, I'd rather have the neuts.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Meanwhile I've found a portal to the actual unknown

The Drifters have cleverly disguised their wormhole entrances as goatse.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Fix Lag posted:

Youtuber's advice regarding neuts is poo poo and you shouldn't listen to him

Would you link the fit you've been using lately? You seem to be successful with it and at this point, I just want to be on the right side of a killmail :smithicide:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Richard Bong posted:

Pretty much.

The worst part is the people denying that we lost like "this is all part of the plan!". We lost by every metric I can think of, we are sitting in Low Sec talking about how "we'll get dek back in like 6 months, have fun not fighting us!!" and trying not to undock anything fun. I'm not even sure why we are still here, it's not like goons haven't lost everything multiple times before. Why haven't we just swallowed our pride, laughed at how poorly we handled this, and moved on? Like if you are looking at this situation and thinking anything else other than "lol, poo poo" you need to take a good hard look around.

The Fabian Strategy may work better in real life where this is all you have, but in Eve you can go to another corp, gently caress off to wormholes, or just not play anymore. Do they really think people will hang around for 6 months of sword fleets from Saranen?

But if you are getting in close enough to use unbonused AC's, aren't you close enough for the neuts to be used?

I can't speak for others, but when I say Fabian strategy, I'm not doing it like Mittani is. Its not about being smug and saying "lol part of the plan" because if it was part of the plan, then its a pretty bad plan. Its dumb to keep smugging about it and acting like everything is well. Everything is not well and we can see it by looking at the numbers. Like you said, we're losing by every metric possible.

But please, explain in detail how fielding fleets that get massacred over and over is going to be any better? If you can make a compelling argument, that explains in details how it can actually help us take back our space, then I promise to use all the influence I actually don't have, to convince Mittens that we should indeed, go out and lose fleets after fleets.

I just don't see how losing battleship fleets and using up what's left of the SRP will actually help us. If more people decide to leave because waiting 6 months is too much for them, then good bye to them and I hope they find a place where they can enjoy the game. I wish them well. The rest of us will keep undocking in swordfleets, siege fleets or solo boats and keep having fun. Not everyone needs a ping from a FC in order to undock.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Dalael posted:

Would you link the fit you've been using lately? You seem to be successful with it and at this point, I just want to be on the right side of a killmail :smithicide:

There is always a victim on the ~right~ side of the killmail.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Fix Lag posted:

Meanwhile I've found a portal to the actual unknown

The Drifters have cleverly disguised their wormhole entrances as goatse.

no ring 2/5

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Dalael posted:

I can't speak for others, but when I say Fabian strategy, I'm not doing it like Mittani is. Its not about being smug and saying "lol part of the plan" because if it was part of the plan, then its a pretty bad plan. Its dumb to keep smugging about it and acting like everything is well. Everything is not well and we can see it by looking at the numbers. Like you said, we're losing by every metric possible.

But please, explain in detail how fielding fleets that get massacred over and over is going to be any better? If you can make a compelling argument, that explains in details how it can actually help us take back our space, then I promise to use all the influence I actually don't have, to convince Mittens that we should indeed, go out and lose fleets after fleets.

I just don't see how losing battleship fleets and using up what's left of the SRP will actually help us. If more people decide to leave because waiting 6 months is too much for them, then good bye to them and I hope they find a place where they can enjoy the game. I wish them well. The rest of us will keep undocking in swordfleets, siege fleets or solo boats and keep having fun. Not everyone needs a ping from a FC in order to undock.

have you considered PL's tried and true sisi training for at strategy

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

also the h1z1 plan would have been better if it was for a game that everyone wanted to play. maybe stellaris atm?

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dalael posted:

I'd rather lose ships than sit in a station and laugh at people in local about how they're not getting content. It's one thing to try and bore your enemy, but it's another thing to bore yourself out where you end up looking for different options or quit altogether. There was simply nothing fun about swordfleets and siege fleets. Some people may not need a ping to undock, but I'd say quite a large majority do and that's why inaction leads to apathy.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Nietzschean posted:

i do social research on racial and sexual minority issues and volunteer for lgbt organisations, but this has nothing to do with a space guild which can with a few keystrokes change a bcast target or fire a bigot

not sure what you are trying to win here by further engaging on this topic, there is no moral highground to be won with your argument. im pretty strictly a company man so its not like im going to gently caress off and write a drama post about it somewhere but lets call a spade a spade. either we give a poo poo and keystrokes will be made, or we dont and we should admit it.

I don't think we should call anything a spade, you loving racist piece of poo poo

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

ullerrm posted:

It depends on what you're hunting, and where.

When Goons lived in Dek and were being hunted, the go-to ship was a Tengu with deadspace small shield boosters and maximum firepower (counting on the ship's massive natural T/K resists to do most of the tanking vs Guristas damage types) -- capping out the ship to shut off its local tank was more efficient than taking guns to eke out higher DPS.

If you live in an area where buffer-tanked targets are more frequent, then sure, the ACs might make sense. Personally, I'd rather have the neuts.

Even buffer retardation fits like this: https://zkillboard.com/kill/53954917/ can be neuted out by a curse in < 1 minute at which point you've hosed em because they can't run any of their hardeners.

The real question is, what's the smallest/cheapest possible ship you can use to effectively kill ratters, and I haven't worked that out yet. A shield Svipul comes close.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

I largely agree with this but I also think this is why the solo ronin poo poo was introduced. I think this is a period of throwing stuff at a wall sort of and seeing what sticks -- what makes the line happy and feeling engaged and less apathetic. I also think we'll get there but we're going to have to maybe kiss some frogs first and siegefleet and swordfleet are the beginning of that transition into who the alliance is going to be able to do from a pvp standpoint. I think the doctrines will get better and things will look up for those who need pings to undock, I really do. Aren't goons the ones who always failed and kept at it until they didn't? Tenacity.

Perhaps the true "reconquista" is one of our own identity :v: I prefer to look at it more as a renaissance myself but whatever it is will be, in the long run, good for us no matter what.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Proving that the groon PVP juggernot is alive and well, we went to solitude to dunk on some nerds. It went ok.

We were waiting to drop on a lowsec citadel and kinda went all in when we saw the fax machine and weren't thinking about having dreads on standby, so as people died, they reshipped into triage and dreads, then burned them across syndicate unscouted to get into jump range. Because gently caress you, try and stop us.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Yes, he's got a really loving impressive setup with Dragon, IR LED trackers for a mouse, and a sip/puff straw setup that if you didn't know it and weren't really looking out, you wouldn't notice that he is disabled in any way. Hell, I didn't know until I saw the posts on Goonfleet about Gommel trying to win a new van to replace the busted POS he was having to use due to vans set up with accessibility ramps costing 50-60,000 USD.

https://www.themittani.com/features/gommel-noxs-imperium-and-accessiblegamer-story

Old poo poo and also on Your Most Hated Enemy's EVE Site, but it's a good article.

I do not, for one second, regret clicking that link. Thanks for posting this, I had never seen that article. Is he still streaming?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

I do not, for one second, regret clicking that link. Thanks for posting this, I had never seen that article. Is he still streaming?

Yes he is here: https://www.twitch.tv/accessiblegamer and you see him ping to lead fleets a few times a week lately too.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
I'm late to the party but re casual racism, I was in theta six months ago and at that time, jew-anything didn't seem at all frowned upon. People jewed, were jewing etc, you get the picture. I didn't care about it much then and I don't care now, but I do find it funny that there are people who will claim there's no such thing going on, then admit that it actually does when people come forward, grudgingly so because everyone else is doing it too! Not to mention, according to Vyst at least, rooting it out takes effort and who can spare some?

I get it, it's a thing in all of eve so the least you can do is own up to it. You can even be smug about it, like say, we're trying to get rid of it, what about your lovely alliance?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
how about instead of being late to that particular party you just don't show up at all

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

how about instead of being late to that particular party you just don't show up at all

Naw, I'm fine thanks.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

better late than never!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ledenko posted:

Naw, I'm fine thanks.

you're really not

and shut up globby ill fite you

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Glad to see the boss dropped in to grace us with one of his rare posts on the forum his corporation ostensibly draws its membership from.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

jm20 posted:

Speaking of Evolution, Lady Scarlett is taking your space :psypop:

That's not really fair tho. From what I heard, Lady Scarlett takes a lot of space regardless of what system she's in.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hey peeps, can someone give a brother a quick recommendation for a chill NPC corp to run missions for? I have about 70 million SP in basically every frigate/destroyer/cruiser/command destroyer/hac hull and missile/gun/drone weapon system and feel like spending some time settling down in/near some mission hub anyplace.

I don't even have an idea how this works anymore, I need Connections and something else trained to IV and then run a couple of level 2s and 3s and find a place that doesn't send me to lowsec? And what ship choice is a good idea to breeze through those missions until you have access to level 4s?

This feels so :shobon:

I recommend Ministry of War and Quafe. You have Quafe stations everywhere in new Eden therefore have mission agents no matter where you are. I don't know about their LP rewards tho.
As for MInistry of War, something about a bunch of agents all around Taru including a Lvl 4

Landsknecht posted:

it's pretty funny that you don't think GSF was serious business with PAP links, monthly TPS reports from directors, and strong attempts to funnel the CFC playerbase into other games in exchange for cash

Remember that day when TMC MIB's came to your house and forced you to sit at your computer and log in to H1Z1?
Yeah, me neither.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 18, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
any other highsec faction other than SoE is wrong, like deadtear said

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Dalael posted:

You are aware there is a another option right? Go deploy somewhere else for a while with a fun gimmick with squads or as a whole. The whole point of GSF is to play space ships with goons, do some fun carefree poo poo for a while then come back.

6 months is a long time to wait for a video game you pay a monthly fee for, especially with summer right around the corner. That is more than enough time for people to just find other stuff to do that isnt a bad game. If sword fleet is fun for you, enjoy it I guess, because its most of the menu for a while apparently.

Denying the enemy fights to bore them out of the conflict is a viable strategy but it comes with the risks of doing the exact same thing to your guys. It is starting to tip in that direction IMO. Most people dont get to take part in the ~metagame~ in a meaningful way, and to a line member weaponized boredom for 6 months is not much different than boredom in general. Like a good chunk of us are adults with jobs and responsibilities, meaning there is limited video game time so...

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Richard Bong posted:

The whole point of GSF is to play space ships with goons, do some fun carefree poo poo for a while then come back.

Then why are goons a minority of GSF

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Nietzschean posted:

i do social research on racial and sexual minority issues and volunteer for lgbt organisations, but this has nothing to do with a space guild which can with a few keystrokes change a bcast target or fire a bigot

not sure what you are trying to win here by further engaging on this topic, there is no moral highground to be won with your argument. im pretty strictly a company man so its not like im going to gently caress off and write a drama post about it somewhere but lets call a spade a spade. either we give a poo poo and keystrokes will be made, or we dont and we should admit it.

You'd think a person who does research on racial issues would know that calling a spade a spade is a lovely metaphor, but here we are, calling a bullshit artist a shitposter.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

I just discovered I can't change other people's names and now I'm sad. :saddowns:

You're safe for now Daco Vato and Dunfunny Poster.

You seriously changed your name so it wouldn't start by D? You're such an idiot. Stop caring about loving posts dumbass.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i didnt notice it till now but holy poo poo

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Paco Vato posted:

Yes he is here: https://www.twitch.tv/accessiblegamer and you see him ping to lead fleets a few times a week lately too.

Thanks, I will definitely add him to my streamers. Not that I watch streams often, but i'm sure it'll be interesting to watch his style.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
So is the MBC making a big final push to wipe CONDI off the sov map? Looks like lots of pure blind got whacked overnight.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dalael posted:

You seriously changed your name so it wouldn't start by D? You're such an idiot. Stop caring about loving posts dumbass.

Man was that $7.95 well spent.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Richard Bong posted:

You are aware there is a another option right? Go deploy somewhere else for a while with a fun gimmick with squads or as a whole. The whole point of GSF is to play space ships with goons, do some fun carefree poo poo for a while then come back.

6 months is a long time to wait for a video game you pay a monthly fee for, especially with summer right around the corner. That is more than enough time for people to just find other stuff to do that isnt a bad game. If sword fleet is fun for you, enjoy it I guess, because its most of the menu for a while apparently.

Denying the enemy fights to bore them out of the conflict is a viable strategy but it comes with the risks of doing the exact same thing to your guys. It is starting to tip in that direction IMO. Most people dont get to take part in the ~metagame~ in a meaningful way, and to a line member weaponized boredom for 6 months is not much different than boredom in general. Like a good chunk of us are adults with jobs and responsibilities, meaning there is limited video game time so...

Think about it... We're now surrounded by enemies. We can literally undock and find a fight. PVP has never been so easy to find. I've had small gang fights, solo fights, large fleet fights. I've been part of interceptor fleets, sieges fleets, hurricane fleets.. What is so wrong with our current locations other than the fact that some people feel like they can't rat to make isk?

1 year ago, people were complaining that they couldn't find PVP unless they traveled 30 gates. Now people are complaining because there's pvp right on the undock? Or because they can't rat to their hearts content?

Or people are complaining we're not undocking BS? Cuz I too love spending 30 seconds waiting for my ship to align everywhere. I too like aligning to a planet during fleet fights and then doing nothing else but mashing F1 until the FC warps the fleet away. Its so much fun than interceptors which allows each player autonomy. Oh god do I hate being able to just log off wherever I am once I get bored or have to go. I miss having to fetch an alt the next day so that I could scout my way home or risk losing something that wouldn't be reimbursed.

Poor us. How will we ever survive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

LemonDrizzle posted:

So is the MBC making a big final push to wipe CONDI off the sov map? Looks like lots of pure blind got whacked overnight.

Smart move to leave that sov for a time when an easy win was needed to cover a humiliating welp. Strong morale game, well played.

• Locked thread