Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm working on it.

lol clearly you aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Clearly I am. :smug:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

phantom_dilz posted:

lol clearly you aren't.

I think you have a misapprehension of his end goal

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Wouldn't.

An in-n-out 4x4 on the other hand...

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Ron Jeremy posted:

Wouldn't.

An in-n-out 4x4 on the other hand...

Oh hells yeah, all day!
We're not spoiled like that out here on the East coast though.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

I am undone by Wendy's; Godspeed goon friend.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
wendy's is p taste

i wish they wouldn't put the whitest lettuce in the world on every cheap burg I get there tho

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Found a hipster bar underneath my hotel while on hols in Spain. Even had a rustique typewriter in the corner.

The Spanish "ham bacon" was chunky, and the rest of the ingredients were good too. Patties not as good as the "kobe" burg, but still very filling.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Sorry for the lovely pictures. Red wine reduction, goat cheese, caramelized onions. 10/10 would eat again.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Flaggy posted:

Sorry for the lovely pictures. Red wine reduction, goat cheese, caramelized onions. 10/10 would eat again.

Hmm. I'd eat it. I'd probably like it a lot. But I almost wonder if it's going too far when you reach the point of red wine reduction and goat cheese. I feel like burgs shouldn't be this upscale.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Fenrir posted:

Hmm. I'd eat it. I'd probably like it a lot. But I almost wonder if it's going too far when you reach the point of red wine reduction and goat cheese. I feel like burgs shouldn't be this upscale.

Goat cheese owns real hard though! While I dunno that I would make a reduction for a burg, I wouldn't pass it up as a topping if I had one handed to me!

Content relevant to both goat cheese and burgs:

Spice crusted lamb burger with harissa sauce and goat cheese + kraut and sweet potato fries

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Like I said, I'd eat it. I'm sure I'd really like it. I just don't know if it fits in with the whole spirit of burgers. To each his own though.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Fenrir posted:

Like I said, I'd eat it. I'm sure I'd really like it. I just don't know if it fits in with the whole spirit of burgers. To each his own though.

Lamb burgers are some of the tastiest burgs.
Sweet potato waffle fries own.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

High effort burgers are good and cheap'n'cheerful lazy burgs are also good

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

Enourmo posted:

High effort burgers are good and cheap'n'cheerful lazy burgs are also good

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

i feel sick

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Gwaihir posted:

harissa sauce

Would you be willing (and able) to share where you got this/the recipe? I think I would like to make a lamb burger and your sauce looks like what I would want, nay expect, on my lamb burger.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

phantom_dilz posted:

Would you be willing (and able) to share where you got this/the recipe? I think I would like to make a lamb burger and your sauce looks like what I would want, nay expect, on my lamb burger.

Yea, it was a combo from two places, and it was really delicious: I made the paste from this recipe http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Harissa
It makes a really healthy amount, more than you need to sauce 4 burgs, but it also keeps for a while and is delicious on many things. I needed a pretty decent amount more olive oil than the recipe calls for while blending it up. But the lemon juice/Olive Oil/salt/ etc balance is easy to adjust by just adding and tasting.

The sauce is then a big heaping tablespoon of the harissa paste stirred up with 6 tablespoons of yoghurt and more lemon juice and olive oil to taste. This is easily enough to top 5-6 burgs.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks forums user Gwaihir I will hopefully give er a go this weekend!!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Happy burging!!!

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

no pics, but I burged for the greater goon :burger:

it was on the company dime which made it even better

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

burg-night sweet prince.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

burg-night sweet prince.

rather charming

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Bacon game is on loving point

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Gwaihir posted:

Bacon game is on loving point

That's Costco's new thick cut Kirkland branded bacon. Not even remotely as good as they other brand they had before (I miss that sweet-sweet hickory smoked bacon) but it's still better than any other store brand I've had. It works really well on burgers and in things like hushpuppies.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Nation posted:

i feel sick

So do I. With arousal.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yall. I'm making cheese, and finding a bomb rear end chuck roast to grind up. Think it's time to fire up the grill this Sunday.

Looks like I got some habeneros ready to use, so I'll probably do something spicy.

I'll take pics unless I'm to stoned to remember.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Had this at S&B's Burger joint a few days ago. Didn't take a picture of the burger but did grab one off the menu, which amazingly looked exactly the same.

My Dad and I would always eat pimento cheese sandwiches growing up so the second I saw this monthly special I was all over it. Honestly the bacon was so thick (piece of ham style) it and the red onions overpowered everything, but it was overpowered with mega delicious flavor. The pimento cheese was pretty good on it but I'm not sure if I'd ever do it at home because it was pretty messy.

My only complaint was when they served it to me, the bottom bun had completely slid off to the side. I usually cut my big burgs in half and when I did I was all "where's the bottom bun?" then noticed it was nowhere in sight. Not a huge deal but when dealing with an already messy burg now cut in half, it wasn't exactly fun getting that bun back in place.

Chased it with a golden delicious IBC cream soda.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
https://imgur.com/QaycJx5

So I cooked burgers and potato salad last night. My mother in law through out my Swiss cheese so I used some brie. There an egg on this burger too because it's the right thing to do.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

it's beautiful

you're beautiful

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i ate a burger yesterday

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

RideTheSpiral posted:

i ate a burger yesterday

Chunky monkey! Half pounder?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jamsta posted:

Chunky monkey! Half pounder?

im not sure but it was real big. also very delicious.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Checker's/Rally's is competing with Wendy's in a four for four

they give you a bigger burger and replace the chicken nuggets with a god drat funnel cake

i think they win out

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Smash burger on the new mini baking steel griddle. I ate two. I am fat and happy.
I also set of every smoke detector in the house. The wife was so happy with the results she didn't care about the smoke or the mess.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Here's a burg I wanna try, but I think it could kill me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W7tImN2dUM

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

jesus christ that thing looks like death

delicious death, but death

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

His Divine Shadow posted:

Here's a burg I wanna try, but I think it could kill me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W7tImN2dUM

america.flv

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Some good loving burgs on this page. I might make some myself this coming weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

haven't made burgers in forever since i haven't had a grill in forever but i broke down and made pan burgs, here's the latest iteration

boyfriend contributed the homemade chipotle mayo

• Locked thread