Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Xolve posted:

Can you add doxxing to this list, because holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

I am sad for the thread again. I had fun last night at the movies and thought I'd have a lot of great posts to read the next day but good grief.

Ever since Ullerrm moved to the chill thread for talking about ship fitting, this thread has lost all purpose for existing to me. :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Siets posted:

Ever since Ullerrm moved to the chill thread for talking about ship fitting, this thread has lost all purpose for existing to me. :)

then why are you in it

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

Null incursions really isn't a thing that leaves a lot of room for error. But I think LS incursions aren't being ran because we would get chased down and killed pretty much instantly.

LS incursion are pretty safe. Without cynos or bubbles you can almost always get the whole incursion fleet off grid before you get tackled. You need scouts looking for hostile fleets in neighboring systems and you need to be aware of wormholes, but other than that it's really hard to jump on incursion runners. Of course one chucklefuck from pl can drop combat probes and scare your line members but you'll just have to call his bluff.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

then why are you in it

Ok yeah, I guess I like the war updates. It's just that they always get washed away amidst a sea of DOXXING CHAT and ~casual racism concerns~.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

please video games ban the doxxing poo poo and put both of those in the OP

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

But if racism and doxxing are verboten, what will Unfunny Poster post about? :ohdear:

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Siets posted:

Ok yeah, I guess I like the war updates. It's just that they always get washed away amidst a sea of DOXXING CHAT and ~casual racism concerns~.

The doxxing is legit hosed up, but casual racism is one of the many staples in the OfficeMax of internet humor so I've lost any interest in trying to combat it.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Endie posted:

Really? You think that anyone in the western hemisphere thinks that Bush's "Mission Accomplished" can be used in any non-ironic fashion? Because if so, then they're maybe not the dummy here.

And yet apparently you do.

I mean ffs I used the same image in a war update when we left Delve early on whichever invasion that was (Delve 4? There were so many).

Ascribing to intelligent satire that which can be explained by stupidity is often a mistake

Glory of Arioch posted:

i'm glad it's working for you, vicodin didn't do poo poo for me

percocet otoh? :yum:

Post abdominal surgery my pain doc gave me 3 entire litres of liquid morphine 'just in case' and he winked as he prescribed it.

That's when I decided to get right the gently caress off that poo poo

Mnoba posted:

maybe my kids will die in a car crash, and i can buy plexes with the grocery money i'd save

:stare:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

But if racism and doxxing are verboten, what will Unfunny Poster post about? :ohdear:

Hopefully transform into his alter ego, Funny Poster

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

I've talked about plenty of other things in this thread and the others. Just because you lack the ability to read isn't a concern for me. :shrug:

VideoGames posted:

OK a new and good rule for the thread. There is to be no more discussion on racism. Use of racist terms or anything about it. There are racist people in the world and I feel sad for them, but I do not want to let it drag down a thread about space gaming.

If people in the alliance you are in act racist then I would not talk to them or be friends with them. I would consider them to be lost souls who need guidance with their views. However, this should not affect our posting about the game in this thread.

This is good and welcomed. Perhaps you should add it to the OP along with the "don't bring up and talk about BFM/Xenuria/others who were permabanned from SA" rule you added a few weeks ago since a few people seem incapable of following that.

You're a good mod VG, and whoever was saying the EVE thread needed its own special snowflake mod is dumb.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 18, 2016

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Nazareth posted:

The doxxing is legit hosed up, but casual racism is one of the many staples in the OfficeMax of internet humor so I've lost any interest in trying to combat it.

It's not the doxxing is hosed up part that is a constant 5-10 page cancer in this thread- it's every moron crowing on and on about what they think doxxing is, how it affects them and what it says about the current climate in <insert alliance here> poo poo that gets old and tired.

Can't we just poo poo-talk each other over who came out better in glorious space viking combat than the other like regular savages without resorting to this pedantic 'soandso groomed a 15 year old' or 'here's Syndic Thrass's facebook account- isn' this mom a lil hottie?'?

Xolve fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 18, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hey how about you shut up

miniluv continues its tradition of being the best squad https://zkillboard.com/kill/54076719/

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

e: oh ok I see. Thank you.

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 18, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

OK a new and good rule for the thread. There is to be no more discussion on racism. Use of racist terms or anything about it. There are racist people in the world and I feel sad for them, but I do not want to let it drag down a thread about space gaming.

If people in the alliance you are in act racist then I would not talk to them or be friends with them. I would consider them to be lost souls who need guidance with their views. However, this should not affect our posting about the game in this thread.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Control Volume posted:

Do people who play this game still melt down when you point out that theyre racist lol

Pretty sure some people ITT would melt down when you tell them the sky is blue.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Anyways how is the goonfleet doing. did it get brutally owned? How many times have game mechanics been blamed for losing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/abgle8M.webm

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
goonfleet has been dead for over half a decade

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Get this anime out of my thread

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
that poo poo is deeply creepy gently caress off uba

be more like jazzzz and his dumb cute puppy

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Why does SA hate gifv :( Valid links still show the broken image icon, so you're stuck with huge GIFs of cute puppehs

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

that poo poo is deeply creepy gently caress off uba

be more like jazzzz and his dumb cute puppy

Who is this uba you keep talking about?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Jazzzzz posted:

Why does SA hate gifv :( Valid links still show the broken image icon, so you're stuck with huge GIFs of cute puppehs

it's a reasonable size :confused:

Unfunny Poster posted:

Who is this uba you keep talking about?

look you dont get to to that if i have to answer to mine

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
anyone have a war update?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Eminai posted:

Pretty sure some people ITT would melt down when you tell them the sky is blue.

My sky is grey today :colbert:

What the gently caress is with that cat's eyes

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

War strat leaks http://pastebin.com/iVjLZDDc

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Landsknecht posted:

GSF/CFC/Imperium hold less than 15 systems in the north which is about half of what they held the other day. The majority of it is in Pure Blind which was ostensibly the last region they held until this week.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 18, 2016

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Unfunny Poster posted:

GSF/CFC/Imperium hold less than 15 systems in the north which is about half of what they held the other day. The majority of it is in Pure Blind which was ostensibly the last region they held until this week.

Wow, that sucks for Goonswarm. They planning on retaking lost territory or setting up shop in a new area?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sorry if my post sounds hoarse, I partied really hard last night ♥2♣

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Nazareth posted:

Wow, that sucks for Goonswarm. They planning on retaking lost territory or setting up shop in a new area?

That's the million dollar question. Especially since there was never any call to evacuate Deklein and people were assured that it would be taken back.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Nazareth posted:

At the moment, there's not much to be done. We're outnumbered and outgunned in every time zone, so the focus has shifted to making people who live in our former space miserable; guerrilla tactics involving interceptors, bombers, and CovOps ships, while occasionally biting the dick off anyone dumb enough to stick it into the Saranen beehive.

The most tragic thing about all of this is Deklein being carved up and made into renter space. You'd think the people who took it all would have the common decency to live in it after all that time we spent upgrading it, but I guess we're more the fool for trying to make a home for ourselves in Null rather than Lowsec.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Zephyrine posted:

That's the million dollar question. Especially since there was never any call to evacuate Deklein and people were assured that it would be taken back.

P sure there was.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
AHH I HADNT CAUGHT UP IM SORRY VG

Syndic Thrass fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 18, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I shouldn't have to state it really, but everyone who said no doxxing is 100% correct. Doxxing is nothing but creepy, stalkerish and prone to heartbreak. It's definitely not a feature of a video game and I would be disappointed if someone challenged me on that.

Lets remember why we are here: Exciting Space Times in Space!

You've seen it before, but here is Ore again:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

so, does this mean we can report people who bring up those two topics now?

if so, :swoon:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drythe posted:

so, does this mean we can report people who bring up those two topics now?

if so, :swoon:

From this point on definitely. Please do. And each infraction will be a day.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

That Works posted:

P sure there was.

No. There was a call to evacuate Vale and Branch but not Deklein.

Deklein went from "Fortress Deklein" to "What you haven't evaced yet? RIP you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

I shouldn't have to state it really, but everyone who said no doxxing is 100% correct. Doxxing is nothing but creepy, stalkerish and prone to heartbreak. It's definitely not a feature of a video game and I would be disappointed if someone challenged me on that.

Lets remember why we are here: Exciting Space Times in Space!

You've seen it before, but here is Ore again:

reporting you for being mod of my heart

• Locked thread