Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

You know that show is fake, right? Like they plant all of the items beforehand and none of it is real. The guys weren't even antique shop owners before the show started.

No poo poo, pawn stars and hardcore pawn is even faker and I still watch the hell out of them. I just like learning about the item histories

Well ok, for hardcore pawn it's more for the utter ridiculousness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also apparently aside from contacting the people way before hand, signing contracts to allow them to film etc American pickers is not nearly as fake as say Pawn Stars. The negotiating and buying that appears on camera is real and they were both pickers before hand although one of them just did it as a hobby

http://bnter.com/american-pickers-tv-show-real-or-fake/

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

hyperhazard posted:

Sometimes I wonder about the things listed under Antiques. Is there really a market for rusted tractor seats?

Only the shadiest individual would need a baby scale.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

Can only imagine a dude in a cape with a snidey whiplash mustache rubbing his hands together and cackling as the scale settles and he realizes he's got a hefty 9 pounder

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

CuteStorm posted:

$800 toilet paper.

I think there's one of these still in box at my dad's old house, I'm going there this weekend anyways so I might see if it's still there. Looking online, looks like it's not actually worth quite that much. The one's I found on ebay are around $40-50, though I also found an article saying one sold for $96. Granted, that's a lot for a roll of toilet paper, but not $800.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I found six sheet strips on ebay for eight bucks, but even going by his numbers, he's tacking on a lot of overhead on this being in a not at all mint box...

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Lizard Wizard posted:

For sale: baby scale. Never used.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

For sale: baby scale. Needs cleaning.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

hyperhazard posted:

Sometimes I wonder about the things listed under Antiques. Is there really a market for rusted tractor seats?

I helped my mom with her craft business in the 90s. I am no stranger to taking nasty old garbage and making a dried flower arrangement in/on it. Dumb broads will decorate their houses with the weirdest poo poo. Those look like good items for that. Even the bedpan. I'd put a whole bunch of baby's breath in there so it looks like it's spilling out and some other flowers. Yeah, and epoxy a hanger to the back. Some lady will think that would be so cute to hang in the bathroom.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Aesop Poprock posted:

No poo poo, pawn stars and hardcore pawn is even faker and I still watch the hell out of them. I just like learning about the item histories

Well ok, for hardcore pawn it's more for the utter ridiculousness

Those pawn shows and storage shows are basically just Antiques Roadshow in disguise.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

For sale: 1:36 scale baby

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Knormal posted:

For sale: 1:36 scale baby

For Sale: 36 scaled babies.

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
For sale: adult baby, never born

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

CuteStorm posted:

$800 toilet paper.

Nerd poo poo + Portland = legit ad

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Some people restore old tractors just like some people restore old cars. 50 bucks isn't crazy money for a part that seems to be intact (rust comes off) :shrug:

(A lot of weird posters in this thread thinking normal stuff is weird.)

e: Not to mention a lot of people still use old-rear end (from the sixties at least) tractors and a seat is a pretty essential thing.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 08:35 on May 14, 2016

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Endbringer posted:

Those pawn shows and storage shows are basically just Antiques Roadshow in disguise.

Which is my favorite show ever so what are you trying to say, tough guy

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

coozies you say?

thank you Mouse Dresser, my drinks are now ever so cold
I think I got the wrong package...

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Weird Craigslist Ads: Birds and Beerholders

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Quid posted:

You have a weird thumb

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Quid posted:

birb :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Quid posted:

Aren't cockatoos the birds that love to destroy things? That koozie's probably a pile of green shreds by now.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I love you, Craigslist Missed Connections. You range from the "countdown to restraining order" ads:

To "I don't even know what's going on":

To... okay, I don't actually have a problem with this one:

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Tiny Lowtax posted:

You have a weird thumb
I thought the same thing and almost didn't post it because of it. But I convinced myself with that I've seen enough pictures of people who's faces looked like thumbs so it could be worse,

queserasera posted:

Aren't cockatoos the birds that love to destroy things? That koozie's probably a pile of green shreds by now.
He does destroy things. I've been told cockatoos are like 2 years olds. I don't have kids so I don't know if they are and I doubt it. On the other hand, he does scream if I try to go to the bathroom and he can't see me. Or at bed time and there isn't a night light. I was holding the thing so he wouldn't destroy it. But yeah, instead of buying toys on Amazon for $30 that'll he'll destroy in 2 hours, I've learned how to buy wood that is safe for him to rip apart and build them myself. He's an rear end in a top hat but I love him.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

X-posting this from the cosplay thread.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Cosplaying for money, eh?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Quid posted:

I thought the same thing and almost didn't post it because of it. But I convinced myself with that I've seen enough pictures of people who's faces looked like thumbs so it could be worse,

Now that I've had time to think about it I feel bad for pointing out your weird thumb and I apologize.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Quid posted:

He does destroy things. I've been told cockatoos are like 2 years olds. I don't have kids so I don't know if they are and I doubt it. On the other hand, he does scream if I try to go to the bathroom and he can't see me. Or at bed time and there isn't a night light. I was holding the thing so he wouldn't destroy it. But yeah, instead of buying toys on Amazon for $30 that'll he'll destroy in 2 hours, I've learned how to buy wood that is safe for him to rip apart and build them myself. He's an rear end in a top hat but I love him.

Sooooo, exactly like a 2 year old then?

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

Johnny Aztec posted:

Quid posted:

Sooooo, exactly like a 2 year old then?

Yeah this sounds exactly like both 2 year olds I've ever had.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

"Wild mice are exactly the same as pet ones right? Well whatever, give your snake some parasites for free"

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

I love you, Craigslist Missed Connections. You range from the "countdown to restraining order" ads:

Oh great, now I got the borns stuck in my head.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Catnipped posted:

"Wild mice are exactly the same as pet ones right? Well whatever, give your snake some parasites for free"

Now I'm curious what parasites can pass from mice to snakes via digestion. I mean there have to be a ton cause its such a logical evolutionary pathway

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Aesop Poprock posted:

Now I'm curious what parasites can pass from mice to snakes via digestion. I mean there have to be a ton cause its such a logical evolutionary pathway
Worms, mostly.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
When I owned snakes I only fed frozen/thawed mice but was warned against using live (especially wild) ones because of intestinal parasites (a stomach's a stomach I guess?) and mites, which you can also get from untreated bedding.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Please tell me that starts off angry but ends up begging for a date

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Also I'm paying for some peeps to get coozies, so if you're still itching for a coozie go ahead and message Mouse Dresser for details-- first come, first serve, yadda yadda.

E: Weird Craigslist ads: Nothing shall be forced.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 04:48 on May 21, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
There's no way that is real.

I'm a sweaty old man that wants to have a woman make sex at me in a box to keep my penis big. I don't have money but I can drive you. Also, we can make sex with others.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
When making sex naked on the top of the bed,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda