Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

notZaar posted:

I live near Sheboygan WI which, at 45k souls is the closest thing to a city in a 75 mile radius. And honestly I wouldn't mind living here if it wasn't for the fact that average age is something like 55. Every club I try to join is all middle aged or retired people. Everybody young left for the cities.

Dude what the hell are you talking about. You're like 50 miles away from green bay and MKE, 30ish miles from fondy (which is the same size as Sheboygan) and probably 40ish from Appleton.

yeah sheboygan sucks rear end (why are you still there) but you're not in the middle of Wyoming or something

protip: go get the cheese curds at the sports bar in the American Club they're legit amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Oh poo poo remember when Gregg Araki accidentally made a good movie?!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Heath posted:

I grew up just outside of Peoria and the town still really clings to the idea that it's the all-American city because its proportional demographics most closely resemble that of the country at large when in reality it's because the city depends heavily on the large multinational corporation that fucks its workers over on a yearly basis. They also are gradually swallowing the riverfront area by doing things like building the ugliest museum ever conceived by human hands that takes pains to remind you that Caterpillar is a great boon to the local economy while attempting to make it seem like Peorians give a poo poo about anything resembling things like cultural development or living in a state of anything other than unceasing despair

I grew up in Peoria and I have at least one good thing to say about it: At least it's not Pekin :v:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycEwfDfF8Y8

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Cheese curds are like dairy stillbirth.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Booblord Zagats posted:

Also, it isn't North Dakota, which is a pretty big plus, imo

You take that back! SD politics make us look like a liberal paradise

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

PokeJoe posted:

I grew up in Peoria and I have at least one good thing to say about it: At least it's not Pekin :v:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycEwfDfF8Y8

hahahaha what

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

notZaar posted:

Cheese curds are like dairy stillbirth.

dumb

Matey posted:

But getting back to cheese curds, Alma makes some good ones

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Heath posted:

I grew up just outside of Peoria and the town still really clings to the idea that it's the all-American city because its proportional demographics most closely resemble that of the country at large when in reality it's because the city depends heavily on the large multinational corporation that fucks its workers over on a yearly basis. They also are gradually swallowing the riverfront area by doing things like building the ugliest museum ever conceived by human hands that takes pains to remind you that Caterpillar is a great boon to the local economy while attempting to make it seem like Peorians give a poo poo about anything resembling things like cultural development or living in a state of anything other than unceasing despair

Most of my family is from East Peoria and I spent most of my childhood in smaller towns east of there. I suppose there are worse places to live, but yeah, it's a fairly depressing place sometimes. Especially Morton, what the gently caress is up with that loving place.

On the other hand though, Steak n Shake.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

fyodor posted:

Oh poo poo remember when Gregg Araki accidentally made a good movie?!

racist

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

I'm the pubescent cracking voice.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

VectorSigma posted:

hahahaha what

There's a town near Peoria called Pekin that, for some idiot reason, was thought to be the polar opposite point of Peking, China (it isn't.) So the high school mascot became the Pekin Chinks and stayed that way for many years until they changed it to the Pekin Dragons, styled like a Chinese dragon, in a sort of halfassed compromise.

As for other racial difficulties in the area, a few miles away in East Peoria, Pontifex Maxiumus Matthew Hale came to prominence.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Heath posted:

There's a town near Peoria called Pekin that, for some idiot reason, was thought to be the polar opposite point of Peking, China (it isn't.) So the high school mascot became the Pekin Chinks and stayed that way for many years until they changed it to the Pekin Dragons, styled like a Chinese dragon, in a sort of halfassed compromise.

As for other racial difficulties in the area, a few miles away in East Peoria, Pontifex Maxiumus Matthew Hale came to prominence.

I hate Illinois Nazis

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
What a failed opportunity to be the 'Pekin Ducks.'

Steinbeck
Apr 6, 2008

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Booblord Zagats posted:

I hate Illinois Nazis

They prefer to be called Illinoizis

My hometown is so starved for entertainment that they have to invent controversy. In the middle of town there was a wood carved statue of the high school mascot, the Grey Ghost. It looked like this:

It was up for a few years until someone pointed out that someone who drove through town not knowing what it was might mistake it for a Klansman. This blew up into all out war on the liberal PC police who were waging war on a humble local high school mascot.

quote:

The mascot for Illinois Valley Central High School has been at the center of a controversy that began with comments on Facebook after a statue of the mascot was erected in October in the town's business district. Some of those comments claimed the mascot had a possible connection and resemblance to members of the Ku Klux Klan.

Complaints about the mascot were reported in an article in the March 21 edition of the Chillicothe Independent. [Mayor] Childers said he received only one complaint, and that the 45 cited in the Independent's story came from a Facebook chat group.

Last time I visited it was gone, so either the PC police won or, more likely, someone hit it with their truck.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

oh no not your lovely statue!

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot

Booblord Zagats posted:

I hate Illinois Nazis

then why do u support nazi culture at all LOL

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Everyone I've ever done business with from the mid-west thinks that being deceptive is a sign of being clever and they will waste the gently caress out of your time if you give them the opportunity. They'll then throw a fit when you catch on and turn the tables.

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot

dick wizard posted:

Everyone I've ever done business with from the mid-west thinks that being deceptive is a sign of being clever and they will waste the gently caress out of your time if you give them the opportunity. They'll then throw a fit when you catch on and turn the tables.

this reminds me of my catholic all guys school experiences and just life in general in southern ontario which is heavily religious but also usually fairly liberal (but 10 years behind anything current) and at times flat out scary (rob ford, any burb outside of the annex, etc)

naem
May 29, 2011

dick wizard posted:

You're supposed to be deceptive back in a playful back-and-forth as a sort of bonding experience and also to attempt to relieve some of the massive indomitable boredom of the frozen northern wastes

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot

naem posted:

You're supposed to be deceptive back in a playful back-and-forth as a sort of bonding experience and also to attempt to relieve some of the massive indomitable boredom of the frozen northern wastes

what happens if ur gibson gets hacked and ur brother turns out to be pro street violence and this implicates u tho hmm

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Quotin from downtown, but lots of my family members have worked here

naem
May 29, 2011

penis man posted:

what happens if ur gibson gets hacked and ur brother turns out to be pro street violence and this implicates u tho hmm

Teenaged anelgina Jolie shows up at your house with a tshirt that says "1997" and she says "what's taters precious" and beats you to death with an ear of corn

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot

naem posted:

Teenaged anelgina Jolie shows up at your house with a tshirt that says "1997" and she says "what's taters precious" and beats you to death with an ear of corn

thats c00l and all but perhaps u should talk to ur daddy about ur issue in the form or writing or just deal with the fact that ur parents suck and killing them or institutionalizing them isnt really the best way to help out

but hey u know that already

anyway im le'trangerd or watever the gently caress apparently so time to be srs and not enjoy rollerblading ever again

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot
lol weed is a real drug lol

gently caress off with that poo poo

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

idgi

naem
May 29, 2011

penis man posted:

thats c00l and all but perhaps u should talk to ur daddy about ur issue in the form or writing or just deal with the fact that ur parents suck and killing them or institutionalizing them isnt really the best way to help out

but hey u know that already

anyway im le'trangerd or watever the gently caress apparently so time to be srs and not enjoy rollerblading ever again

:stare:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Another thing about Pekin, IL is that meth labs are blowing up there ALL THE TIME, or at least that's how it was back when I lived in the area.

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

penis man posted:

lol weed is a real drug lol

gently caress off with that poo poo
Is he okay? Or is he on one of those "Faces of Weed" posters I see around town?

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot

Light Gun Man posted:

Another thing about Pekin, IL is that meth labs are blowing up there ALL THE TIME, or at least that's how it was back when I lived in the area.

ya agreed or as i would say irl

o werd

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah that's still happening.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I moved back to the Black Hills of SD to see family more, but yeah, I'm about ready to get back to the twin Cities.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPphDSc6ZEE heh no but rly

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot

u shuld probably stop changing girls avatars and accept that ill never be in u or ur f amilies life (by choice and also obvious statement from ur camp that i dont belong)

the pact ur other uncle may have made was that when ur wounded u get put down

he broke this pact and many many many many many others

that was the last string with me after the institutionalize ur own dad and mom thing with lies\

basically u karen and tony can gently caress off and mark can go to prison for all i care

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

penis man posted:

u shuld probably stop changing girls avatars and accept that ill never be in u or ur f amilies life (by choice and also obvious statement from ur camp that i dont belong)

that was the last string with me after the institutionalize ur own dad and mom thing with lies\

basically u karen and tony can gently caress off and mark can go to prison for all i care

do you ever sleep, what's the deal

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

penis man posted:

bro

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot

VectorSigma posted:

do you ever sleep, what's the deal

i suppose its an option but y bother @ this point when my next 9-10 are going to be in a closet with no windows and bars by myself

id rather at least catch up on my hive mind psychosis social interactions that i intentionally avoided specifically to not get caught up in bullshit like this and attempt to escape the crap that had been following me since i was dropped off for my very first day of school /nofix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot
martin go back to ur iniri or watever the gently caress account and post in gbs where u belong

• Locked thread