Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

comes along bort posted:

If you ever wondered what Slayer got up to while Kerry King was out on a burger run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_u6_N_l4Zs

Oh poo poo that's Alex Skolnick. He's a cool dude, I like his jazz trio since he'll do goofy Metallica covers with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

dxt posted:

gently caress, I didn't see Destroyer 666 had to drop.

And printing out a schedule is a good idea, last year I added the schedule to my phone and I'd get a notification and an email every time a band was about to start. That got old pretty quick.

Destroyer 666 is still playing Metal Threat Fest in Chicago, so I'm all set! Haha. Also, every year they have little printouts of the daily schedule they hand out by the entrance to Edison, so I stopped even printing one and I just use those nowadays.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Creating and perfectionising my own personal timetable is half the fun of festivals in my opinion

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I had high hopes for Circus Maximus -- they put out a pretty good album with 2006's The 1st Chapter -- but every album since got subsequently worse and now they're absolutely terrible.

But check out The 1st Chapter and see if you like it.

Here's a track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcHX-14rOhk

This is neat. Anything else I should check out like this?

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.
If you want something eerily similar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr4gPS0gpdE

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

BrienneGetsHanged posted:

This is neat. Anything else I should check out like this?

What Optimum Gulps posted: Symphony X.

Here's a twenty-four minute song that's a good "sampler platter" if you're bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaN3pwBsRf8

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 17, 2016

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
:siren: BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME will perform its most recent album, Coma Ecliptic, in its entirety on this tour. This will be the first time the album will be performed live in full. :siren:

:getin:

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010
Man, the new Ihsahn album is probably my number 1 album this year so far every genre confounded. What an absolutely fantastic piece of work! I really need to check out the new Novembre as well, haven't even listened to any samples but I'm excited. The Blue was only meh. And new Witherscape i June will rule!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Varg posted:

ya we should.

yeah I really wanted to see Destroyer, sucks but everything else is good.

I finished making my schedules, made it easy for me to see how everything overlaps. Use if you want - https://www.dropbox.com/s/801w3wyvzx2l9kv/MDF%202016%20Schedules.xlsx?dl=0

just highlight the whole table -> print by selection -> print preview -> page setup -> fit to 1 page, put margins to 0.1, header/footers to 0, center on page and you're good to go

bunch of conflicts I'm not thrilled about having to choose between, and seems like I'll be skipping a lot of the grindcore bands at soundstage, but overall it looks pretty sick

This spreadsheet is great, thanks. Looks like I'll have some tough decisions to make.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

no prob, of course after I get done doing them, Svartidauði has to drop out due to visa bs, and Zhrine replaces them in the same time slot on Sunday so had to fix again

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Saw Amon Amarth on Saturday in Calgary, they put on a great, entertaining show, and it's always awesome when the crowd lifts up someone in a wheelchair

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
anemic cripple rock would be the way i'd describe amon amarth so i guess its appropriate

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cross posting because we don't have a thread for rock music that's not indie and I figure a lot of you were into them when you were getting into heavier music.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm not sure where else to post this but there might be a Rage Against the Machine reunion in the works.
http://www.stereogum.com/1877756/rage-against-the-machine-are-up-to-something/news/?utm_source=sc-fb&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign

Honestly I wonder if it would be good to have a general band reunion megathread since everyone does it now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

We had a goddamn blind guy here in Winnipeg, haha. I was right at the front and saw a walking cane come dropping in. Moments later a blind dude topples over the crowd and everyone goes nuts. At least in the front row. I love when people with handicaps are able to come and enjoy this stuff. :unsmith:

E:

Also new Rage is good stuff. :) Always dug them - Evil Empire solid from start to finish.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I thought RATM already reunited a few years ago for the obligatory cash-in tour.

Glad I got to see The Boss with Tom Morello doing his Michael Winslow on guitar routine though.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I guess if there's one positive thing to come from the Trump campaign, it's that we might actually see political music in America having some teeth again.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Vulture Culture posted:

I guess if there's one positive thing to come from the Trump campaign, it's that we might actually see political music in America having some teeth again.

You say this, but Jon Shaffer might start writing songs.

Think about it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Musicians trying to be political these days is pretty ineffective anyways. There's just so many people trying to say poo poo that nothing stands out.

Unless you're willing to get arrested, like that guy in Germany who made the poem insulting the Turkish president.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
A concept album about a TSA agent's week

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Vintersorg posted:

Also new Rage is good stuff. :) Always dug them - Evil Empire solid from start to finish.

Just to be clear, you're talking about the 90's band Rage Against The Machine? Some, in this thread, would assume you mean the German power metal act that is releasing a new album in June.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

MrBling posted:

Think about it.

Make America Laugh Again

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MrBling posted:

Think about it.

I for one look forward to Iced Earth's upcoming sci-fi epic, in which a golden haired hero rallies the citizens of the globe and crushes the enemies of liberty :911:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
As long as bands keep their "edgy" political statements restricted to their shirts, they're good. It's when they start singing about black helicopters that things go south.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I want more holidays in cambodia and less of whatever happened to dave mustaine.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Spanish Manlove posted:

I want more holidays in cambodia and less of whatever happened to dave mustaine.

He kicked his heroin habit and became a born again christian.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
He made more sense when he was using crack in his speedballs.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.

As long as bands keep their "edgy" political statements restricted to their shirts, they're good. It's when they start singing about black helicopters that things go south.

Havok is probably going to tip over to this point, especially since they toured with Megadeth.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Cheapsteaks posted:

Havok is probably going to tip over to this point, especially since they toured with Megadeth.

I'm sad to report Havok already went there on their last album.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
Oh, but they're going to go even deeper, and maybe drop some of the dog whistling for flat out crazy while they're at it.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Cheapsteaks posted:

Oh, but they're going to go even deeper, and maybe drop some of the dog whistling for flat out crazy while they're at it.
Already did that too.

And it wouldn't be some affront or anything if the lyrics weren't so loving lovely

quote:

Give me Liberty... or Give me Death
Give me Liberty... or Give me Death to our Independence
Death to those who fight
Death to our Constitution and the Bill of Rights
Showing no regard for the way things ought to be
Stripping away rights from you and me
The Founding Fathers would be rollling in their graves
If they could see what you are doing to this place
The next thing to go is our Freedom of Speech
So i'll speak up while i still can and maximize my reach

e:

The video does dog whistle about the government being behind 9/11 though, I'm waiting for that to come straight out

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 18, 2016

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Where is my Iced Earth/Megadeth/Havok split, then? Maybe they can form a super group called the drat Honkees

edit: never forget that Mustaine loves Santorum.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
Haha, yeah. The US presidential election is probably doing a number on them and their new album should be out in a couple of months.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

"Zodiak Killer: The Cruz Grimoire"

I couldn't make it through Megadeth's last album be cause the lyrics were so crazy. Like it's possible to divorce politics and music but I just can't stand what Dave Mustaine has become.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Songs about crazy conspiracies and government secrets are way better than gently caress bush tbh

Anyway Adrian Guerra of Bell Witch died. Sucks. http://www.brooklynvegan.com/bell-witch-drummer-adrian-guerra-rip/

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
Inquisition song premiere from their new album

:frogsiren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGdbsGFrvbY :frogsiren:

You can pre-order from Season of Mist, including Inquisition's usual Limited Edition Goat or Cow Leather Sleeve Double LP :derp:

http://shopusa.season-of-mist.com/pre-order

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

TollTheHounds posted:

Inquisition song premiere from their new album

:frogsiren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGdbsGFrvbY :frogsiren:

You can pre-order from Season of Mist, including Inquisition's usual Limited Edition Goat or Cow Leather Sleeve Double LP :derp:

http://shopusa.season-of-mist.com/pre-order

drat this sounds good.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Funny you mention this since the Dead Kennedys that are touring sans Jello have apparently praised Republicans and the war in Iraq on stage. What a joke they've become. I initially though it was just Jello slinging mud but had it confirmed by two people who went to DK shows.

Completely unrelated, but is GWARBQ ususally worth it?

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 18, 2016

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
you know it's hit peak when church of misery does a song about ted cruz

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Funny you mention this since the Dead Kennedys that are touring sans Jello have apparently praised Republicans and the war in Iraq on stage. What a joke they've become. I initially though it was just Jello slinging mud but had it confirmed by two people who went to DK shows.
What a world we live in now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

drat this sounds good.

My Inquisition fanboyism almost eclipses Abbath, so I am seriously pumped. I just dropped like $150 to pre-order the Goat leather double lp, 2 t shirts, digibox, and LP slipmat - I'm basically Season of Mist's #1 customer sucker. I didn't even want the shirts but you can't pre-order the digibox or the goat leather LP's individually. :shrug:

For anyone on the fence about pre-ordering any of their limited edition stuff, the Goat/Cow leather sleeve LP's are worth crazy (to me) $$'s. The Goat leather sleeve bundle for Obscure Verses... sells for anywhere from $130-200 USD: https://www.discogs.com/Inquisition-Obscure-Verses-For-The-Multiverse/release/5014635

It's like buying stocks, good ROI if you ever want to sell.