Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Gromit posted:

I can check when I get home

I believe these are the paths:
\SteamApps\workshop\content\232090\ - anything you downloaded from Workshop, each one should be in a subfolder
\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC\Maps\ - anything you installed manually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Anyone know where maps downloaded off the workshop are stored? I've unsubscribed from a poo poo map, but that didn't delete it from the ingame dropdown.

You go to My Games > Killing Floor 2 > KFGame > Cache. Every folder is a separate custom map.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Propaganda Hour posted:

None of this is a downside and PVP would be balanced differently since they have that capability. You're thinking about the Zweihander for the first time in probably months and now there is room for weighing the pros and cons of weapons depending on the wave and what you could possibly have difficulties with based on the team composition (or whatever) instead of grabbing the hammer and being set for the rest of the game.

The eviscerator change is a little strange but it might have to do with the ammo being retrievable? I don't know. #MaketheEvisceratorGreatAgain

Was the Zwei made a default weapon, or is it still a "You or another player in the lobby owns chivalry?" bonus?

If the latter, what are the pro/cons you have to work with if you can't just say gently caress it and take the Zwei? Or would that be ":lol: someone will probably have it :rolleyes:"

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

yes the only reason anyone could disagree with your opinion is that they don't play the class, mmmhmm. It's certainly not that the only thing longer running in this thread than Tripwire's bad decisions are your bad opinions about berserker, jesus. Take out regular zeds with a normal attack? Inconceivable!

Another moron that doesn't get it.

Oh well, who gives a poo poo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Alteisen posted:

is what the rest of us think of your posts, yeah :laugh:

Section Z posted:

Was the Zwei made a default weapon, or is it still a "You or another player in the lobby owns chivalry?" bonus?

If the latter, what are the pro/cons you have to work with if you can't just say gently caress it and take the Zwei? Or would that be ":lol: someone will probably have it :rolleyes:"

It's still a bonus item.

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 11, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Na man its cool, like who cares, its clear Tripwire has no loving idea what its doing, they don't understand their community, they don't understand how most perks worked, they had the entirety of KF1 to work out balancing a game and hosed it up at every single step, while the game is still in EA they poo poo out a loving TF2 style crate update and the most significant update since that one was a garbage, broke rear end PvP mode nobody likes and most updates since have been either for PvP or with PvP in mind.

Its currently May 10th, we already know Sharp isn't coming till after or during E3 which is in June 14 so I guess we can enjoy sporadic balance changes and whatnot till then, like for the real the game is a loving train wreck, early access done right my left tit, they're just as bad as all the rest and I'll echo the sentiments of other goons that I refuse to buy another EA game based off my experiences with this one, at this rate we'll be lucky if the game is even close to done by 2018.

So yea, its whatever, just ride out the disaster till its conclusion.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

Instead of explaining myself, I'm just going to insult everyone around me! Surely that will convince everyone that I, am in fact, the correct and smart person in the room! Yep!

PEBKAC, IMO.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Coolguye posted:

Put short it can basically stun stuff on demand, hits like a train, and up until this patch cost basically nothing to feed so it was a Very Good weapon

With the changes it can stun stuff on demand, hits like a train, but will probably be a bit pricey to use which means it is a Good weapon

since it seems like there's some difficulty on this subject, here is an example of a Good Post about the issue

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I never expected to see someone melt down in the killing floor thread and over 20 pulverizer ammo out of all things jesus loving christ :lol:

I really feel like they need to change how the Zweihander works because it's not discoverable. Whenever it says "blahblahblah is sharing content" I would be mystified if I didn't already know what it is in the heat of a battle or in the middle of a wave. I don't believe there is any readily available information in the game that points you towards Chivalry of all things as a source of in-game weapons. It's just...strange, and unfriendly, and oddly punishing in a way that the game typically isn't. It is a neat "early access" type experiment but I feel like it should probably be discarded before launch.

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 11, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Theta Zero posted:

You go to My Games > Killing Floor 2 > KFGame > Cache. Every folder is a separate custom map.

Gromit posted:

I can check when I get home, but your Steam folder should have a sub folder in it somewhere called "232090" which is KF2's ID number. It might be in a "workshop" or "download" folder. I would just search the Steam directory for "232090" and see what pops up.
In there will be sub folders named something like "634512348" and these are the map IDs. You can see what they are by either looking in the folder and seeing what the map is named, or checking the page URL in the Steam browser when you are in the workshop page for that item.

Turns out that \Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content only has active subscriptions, and Theta Zero was right - I needed to delete the map from the Cache folder in My Docs.

Thanks!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
All in all this is a good update. Yes, the changes to Pulverizer hurt quite a lot and I'm not sure if they're justified, after all, if your T3 weapon is better in every way than the T4, why not improve the T4 instead of nerfing the T3. Or you can look at it from a diffrent side of view, with the Pulv and Eviscerator being for diffrent situations. If you're the sole big man killler in your team and you need to whoop their rear end fast, go for Pulverizer. However, if your team already has people to kill big zeds but need protection from the small fries, grab an Eviscerator and become Trashmaster Extraoridare. Maybe from TWI's point of view the Pulverizer was making the Berseker a bit too good at both roles.

If you wanna talk about unjustified changes, why not notice the all around Medic buff? I mean I like playing Medic as much as the other guy, but hot drat why the buffs again? Running out of ammo is one of the last things on my "poo poo has gone south as a Medic" list. Although I'll accept it for the shotty, that thing needed something to be considered worthwile on the way to the rifle. Also with the Firebug bonus ammo Fully Stocked is INSANELY good right now, anyone who uses Flaratov after this update is an idiot basically. The Berserker and Firebug changes ballance eachother out basically, provided you have them both on your team.

And finaly the Demo changes really drive the "Good Update" point home. 4 more rockets and 11 more grenade rounds is massive for the clear underdog of this game. All these ammo shuffles will make more classes able to kill big guys better, taking some pressure off Berserker.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
So I played around with Commando again last night and every time I go back to that class, I come away with the same feeling: It's actually really fun to play, until the big poo poo starts showing up. It's just like...you're super hosed as Commando when Scrakes and FPs start coming around in force, because you can mag dump into their heads and you're still not as effective as any of the other classes. Firebug can melt Scrakes with the MW gun, Demos can eradicate FPs with explosives, and so forth. Commandos need something to make them helpful with the big zeds.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Luchadork posted:

So I played around with Commando again last night and every time I go back to that class, I come away with the same feeling: It's actually really fun to play, until the big poo poo starts showing up. It's just like...you're super hosed as Commando when Scrakes and FPs start coming around in force, because you can mag dump into their heads and you're still not as effective as any of the other classes. Firebug can melt Scrakes with the MW gun, Demos can eradicate FPs with explosives, and so forth. Commandos need something to make them helpful with the big zeds.

Playing Commando, my go to method of dealing with big guys is using the AK-12 on burst fire mode and just putting as much lead as possible into them. Also a couple grenades to soften them up before they charge, especially if they're all bunched up. But usually I find it's best to just focus on the small fry and leave Scrakes and FP's to your teammates, use headshots to take down Sirens as quick as possible.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Nothing about the post I'm quoting below has changed since January, when I made it. Although I would add that yes, zerker's nearly non-existent upkeep costs were a big part of its effectiveness, and gunslinger movement speed is the big difference maker between it and everyone else.

That and medics always are last alive because for some reason they get movement speed + range + stumble in addition to healing. Note firebug and support, who have to get in close, have lovely stumbles, and always die to Hans first because they can do nothing to escape melee.

That all being said, you could handle anything in this game with nothing but zerkers and medics.

EDIT: And doubling the demo's ammo is about as much proof you will need that it's a bad class.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Basically I think the meta goes like this for class tiers of goodness:

Berserker. Get the most kills in almost any game/map, strong against every enemy in the game, a pro zerker is flat-out necessary to kill Hans right now. Has a bunch of ranged stuff that no one ever uses.

Medic - Gunslinger. You pretty much need a Medic on Suicidal+ or don't even bother. Pretty much the only class you will be yelled at for being poo poo at. Gunslinger on the other hand is like Commando except insanely good. Massive DPS, all their weapons are godly and ridiculously cheap. Pretty much never run out of ammo. Gunslinger's perks are kind of dumb, but that's a problem that almost every class has.

Support - Firebug. Really good classes, but currently dogmeat against Hans because you can't not get into his melee proc range. Playing support is a very low-skill affair, get the boomstick and save the AA-12 for magdumping fleshpounds and scrakes. Sometimes the spread on shotguns seems super buggy (missing dudes completely from 10 feet away).

Demolitionist. A guy with a rocket launcher who is bad at killing big guys and bosses. As discussed, it is better to slum it as another class with demo weapons than actually play demo.

Commando. Bad at its job in numerous inventive ways to be bad, almost impossible to get good DPS unless you aimbot. In my opinion not even very fun to use, unlike demo.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 12, 2016

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Nothing about the post I'm quoting below has changed since January, when I made it. Although I would add that yes, zerker's nearly non-existent upkeep costs were a big part of its effectiveness, and gunslinger movement speed is the big difference maker between it and everyone else.

That and medics always are last alive because for some reason they get movement speed + range + stumble in addition to healing. Note firebug and support, who have to get in close, have lovely stumbles, and always die to Hans first because they can do nothing to escape
melee.

That all being said, you could handle anything in this game with nothing but zerkers and medics.

EDIT: And doubling the demo's ammo is about as much proof you will need that it's a bad class.

sounds like KF1 tbh

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
In my opinion, this is what I think of the classes and their tiers as of now, even with the ammo buffs:

Medic - Just in its own tier because you absolutely need one, usually. Still cursed by non-choices in perk selection.

Berserker - Can handle pretty much anything with team support, and actually has flexibility in its perks instead of having one singular "correct" skillset. Barely beats Demolitions and Gunslinger when it comes to handling big zeds because while it can't kill them as immediately without team support, it has the tools to survive the time it takes to kill them.

Demolitions and Gunslinger - Good all-around classes that can also handle any individual zeds but fall apart or exceed in certain situations, sort of like mirror images. Demolitions falls apart when it gets swarmed but is wonderful against giant zeds even when they're hidden in a group, Gunslinger is falls apart when it needs to deal with giant zeds when they're hidden in a group but can avoid and easily handle getting swarmed. Both classes are a victim of being ineffective with the wrong choice of perks, but Demolitions especially.

Firebug - Absolutely wonderful for taking out groups of zeds, sort of struggles if it has a Husk or a Bloat mixed in and right now there's a weird glitch where Gorefasts recover from being stumbled almost immediately which is annoying. Microwave gun is great but needs more team support on Suicidal and Hell on Earth to take down Scrakes and Fleshpounds than Demolitions, Berserker, and Gunslinger does.

Support - Not a bad class despite being so low, but requires much more effort to be as effective as other classes. Despite this, works pretty well as a generalize damage dealer.

Commando - Fun but bad, even with literal aimbots it can't take down big zeds without absolute reliance on team support.

Of course, I'm not accounting for the classes being not-25 or boss waves because bosses screw everything up and it's not that hard just to switch classes specifically for the boss waves.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

why did an 8.8mb patch drop just now

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

hans can put one in the pipe now

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I didn't get one. Are you sure it's not just a Workshop update?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I got it as well, it was not a workshop update.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

tmw you have the shot lined up on an FP as a Demo with an RPG twice, and get clot grabbed twice, leading to death

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I started up KF after being distracted by other games for a couple of months; to see what I missed. I like all the new weapons though the LAR seems a bit slow compared to the original. Had a good 10 wave match and even manage to kill Hans with only two other people. Was feeling pretty good and then I got a Horzine crate as a reward. I thought "Cool, lets see what I got." And then I was met with a message about not having keys and needing to buy one from the store. That immediately soured me on this whole game. Its still listed as Early Access but I've got to dish out more cash to get items. Could have at least made it free for now and then make the key needed after it exited EA. I'm willing to excuse the extended times it takes to perfect a patch but for some reason the notion of needing to drop another $2.49 + tax for keys on an incomplete game really rubs me the wrong way.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It's "need" in the sense of cosmetic bullshit which does literally nothing for you, so I'd suggest selling them on the marketplace and calling it a day.

like I think it's inexusable that any playable game - EA or retail or fuckin' two guys in a garage making freeware - has Hans in his current state for as long as it's been but the MT keys are a source of two cents on the marketplace every week, so as you can see I'm raking in those big bucks :v:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
He makes a good point though - the initial feeling of having "got" something valuable, only to be told it's going to be useless or vanish unless you spend money is a super common f2p psychological trick. If people didn't genuinely feel bad about "losing (out on)" something they'd be much less inclined to spend real money to "keep it".

Of course it's completely irrelevant from a rational point of view and as a bonus you can sell them to some gamblers, but those systems were never meant to target rationality in the first place.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

RoadCrewWorker posted:

He makes a good point though - the initial feeling of having "got" something valuable, only to be told it's going to be useless or vanish unless you spend money is a super common f2p psychological trick. If people didn't genuinely feel bad about "losing (out on)" something they'd be much less inclined to spend real money to "keep it".

It's a lovely system in CSGO and is something Tripwire probably shouldn't have sought to emulate in KF2, yeah.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I've spent zero dollars on it and inversely made a few out of it, works for me. :v:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I've spent maybe 20 and made about 150 so the system works for me.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I guess what also has me worried is that if they're implementing a store system while still in EA for the game are they running out of money to keep developing the game. I'm pretty sure that's not the case but people already paid for the game and the store items seem like an IV bag to me. I'm not really faulting Tripwire for putting a paid rng gambling system in to their game; more so that they put it in when the game itself isn't really complete yet. Ended up just putting the crate up in the stores. The 5 cents will be my consolation prize for the digital box o goodies.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
The microtransactions thing is a complete non-entity until they start selling poo poo that effects gameplay. Wait until then to get the pitchforks. Until then, the pitchforks are for Hans.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Questioner, tell the rest of Tripwire to fix this garbage.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Luchadork posted:

The microtransactions thing is a complete non-entity until they start selling poo poo that effects gameplay. Wait until then to get the pitchforks. Until then, the pitchforks are for Hans.

Nah, they'll be safe even then because they have the "gun balance and paid upgrades don't matter because this is a co-op game, not competitive" excuse to hide behind.

Or maybe not because they shoved that asinine versus mode in there. Whoopsies!

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

I think it's worth reiterating for the millionth time that Patriarch is a much, much better boss than Hans. The main reason is that Patriarch clearly telegraphs basically all of his one-shot kill attacks. When he's getting ready to fire a rocket or mortar, it's pretty obvious that you need to move. That doesn't make him feel less dangerous, though. There's a clear sense of "move or die, right now." With Hans, it's always "Oh, I guess he decided to leap at me and melee twice. Guess I'm dead." It probably also helps that Patriarch feels like he has a wider variety of attacks he can employ. They're all threatening, but they rarely feel like bullshit when they result in your death.

Hans' move speed is also probably too high. For any class without a speed boost, if he wants you dead, you're probably going to die. If you're not at full health, speed penalties mean that you will also probably die, even with speed boosts. Combine that with his tendency to leap forward to chain-melee you, and you have a really terrible boss with no obvious counter. Besides a team of Berserkers and Medics, but if you can't see that as bad balance, then you're either being willfully obtuse or have severe brain damage.

I also get the sense that Hans might have more effective health than Patriarch, owing to a) his smaller frame, and b) the fact that he's loving covered in metal. Consequently, it might be the case that he is easier to miss, and that even when you do hit him, you're doing less damage because of all the metal bits your bullets bounce off of. Could be wrong on this, but it's a thought.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Before I get into this, I gotta say the ammo rebalance was welcome. So many classes are more fun to play.

After playing Doom and getting to run against some good FPS bosses, it's highlighted to me so many more specific problems I have with Hans and specific reasons why I like Patriarch. Hans just oozes bad gameplay design in almost all of his features, when Patriarch has lots of good design. I'm wondering why they're so married to him. As it stands, here are my problems:

-I can't tell if I'm doing damage to him. Are the bullets that are bouncing off doing no damage, partial damage, or full damage? He doesn't react to them physically, and each one of his forms takes quite a lot of punishment. I don't know how much damage I/my teammates are doing and how close we are to finishing this form. It doesn't help that he has invincibility frames which makes me wonder if there are more.

-He has 100% un-dodgable attacks, and several of them. Sorry for repeating it in such a rude way when a dev possibly still reads this, but the melee in question is loving stupid, and ther is no good reason for it to be ing the game. The melee re-charge seems very unnecessary, too. Why instead of that can't he just have a charge-up animation with invulnerability that damages anyone who comes too close? He could even still move and attack. Or maybe he can give up on the charge and not be stuck permanently chasing someone? If a team can damage him enough or evade him, cut the charge. Your reward is that you don't have a team member who's sucked dry then stabbed to death before he can react.

-He invalidates everything about the gameplay. Everyone's armor is pretty much gone thanks to his lovely hit-scan attack, so that mechanic's out. You have to take a medic, but he has an insta-kill attack, so what's the point? You have to take a berzerker who plays well, so you have to both take a class and git gud at it even if you don't want to play it. Commandos can't trade with his MGs at a distance. It feels like Zerkers are the only people who can use the game against Hans.

-There is no reward gameplay, only risk. Patriarch has both risks and rewards for playing offensively or cautiously. Hans just always has risks. If you play offensively, every one of his attacks will loving destroy you. Play defensively, and his gas and dead-accurate hit-scan will hit you anywhere you engage from with hack-level AI.

Overall, he's got that Deus Ex: Invisible War feeling of bosses being designed by people who aren't in the same main team. He just feels so out of place when Patriarch feels so natural to the game and mechanics. I would honestly play the game much more than I do if he wasn't in it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Plan Z posted:

Before I get into this, I gotta say the ammo rebalance was welcome. So many classes are more fun to play[

this is true. It's really revitalized a lot of classes I'd leave on the sidelines and being able to avoid the "okay it's teh boss wave, buy 10 extra guns" poo poo is even better.

quote:

Sorry for repeating it in such a rude way when a dev possibly still reads this, but the melee in question is loving stupid, and ther is no good reason for it to be ing the game.

I don't think it's rude at all. It's inexcusable that Hans has gone unaddressed this long in a paid product, EA or not. Not just unaddressed, drat near undiscussed. It's disgustingly unprofessional. You make good points and back with evidence. Ain't nothin' wrong with that. Obviously, I agree completely.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Plan Z posted:

After playing Doom and getting to run against some good FPS bosses, it's highlighted to me so many more specific problems I have with Hans and specific reasons why I like Patriarch. Hans just oozes bad gameplay design in almost all of his features, when Patriarch has lots of good design.

The number 1 thing that the Doom devs understood that bad FPS devs don't is that enemy attacks need to be avoidable. Are they ranged attacks? They shouldn't be hitscan (and if they are hit-scan they need to be trivial damage or very telegraphed and easily avoided). Are they extremely high damage attacks (yes, even melee)? They need to be announced and extra-dodgable - they should never be on a platform that moves faster than the player - because that's stupid, see also Hans. It's ok for the player to have hitscan gently caress-you-over attacks, but not for the enemies.

The Husks are a good example of a well designed enemy. Ranged, very damaging - projectile with travel time and distinct sound and visual for the charge-up.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 18, 2016

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

DatonKallandor posted:

The number 1 thing that the Doom devs understood that bad FPS devs don't is that enemy attacks need to be avoidable. Are they ranged attacks? They shouldn't be hitscan (and if they are hit-scan they need to be trivial damage or very telegraphed and easily avoided). Are they extremely high damage attacks (yes, even melee)? They need to be announced and extra-dodgable - they should never be on a platform that moves faster than the player - because that's stupid, see also Hans. It's ok for the player to have hitscan gently caress-you-over attacks, but not for the enemies.

The Husks are a good example of a well designed enemy. Ranged, very damaging - projectile with travel time and distinct sound and visual for the charge-up.

To add to this point, husks have fantastic risk/reward built into them because as a support I can risk running up to their face (or backpack) with a double-shotty and oneshotting them with the knowledge that I could miss or deal 99% damage and leave them to suicide which could very well kill me. Husks are great design from top to bottom.

It's incredible how married Tripwire is to Hans. We gave his 25% damage reduction on hard a shot, we gave rebalancing his machine gun and gas grenades (which now do almost zero damage for some reason) a shot. These small fixes don't address the fundamental issues with his miserable design.

Plan Z posted:

Overall, he's got that Deus Ex: Invisible War feeling of bosses being designed by people who aren't in the same main team. He just feels so out of place when Patriarch feels so natural to the game and mechanics. I would honestly play the game much more than I do if he wasn't in it.

Forgive me if I'm misremembering, but I think Human Revolution was the DE with shopped out bosses.

Edit 2: Oh my god give Demo a weapon like the Typhoon.

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 19, 2016

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I think Hans' spike damage should come from the grenades, which are perceptible and avoidable by aware players, while his melee attacks and guns just provide constant damage to keep teams on their toes. That would go a long way to making it a more entertaining fight.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Edit 2: Oh my god give Demo a weapon like the Typhoon.

Actually this got me thinking, maybe the M32 is the wrong direction to go with the Demo? Now wait, hear me out, the best Demo gameplay I've ever experienced was actually...Deadspace 2. Something like the Detonator would be amazing for Demo due to it's inherent flexibility. Deploy tripmines on surfaces to passively protect a flank, while also having the ability to deactivate them and pick them back up? Dumbfire at enemies for an automatic delayed explosion as well? Sounds perfect for Demo!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

ZearothK posted:

I think Hans' spike damage should come from the grenades, which are perceptible and avoidable by aware players, while his melee attacks and guns just provide constant damage to keep teams on their toes. That would go a long way to making it a more entertaining fight.

Wasn't this what it was like originally? I don't remember the guns doing all that much but the grenades killed me back when they didn't have any indicators on them and did truckloads of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

UnknownMercenary posted:

Wasn't this what it was like originally? I don't remember the guns doing all that much but the grenades killed me back when they didn't have any indicators on them and did truckloads of damage.

Yeah, I remember it being like that at the very start of EA and that was probably his best state.