Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Oh, are we back to mittens simultaneously being so broke he has to live off a multi-dollar media empire and luv2club buying yachts and stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

please post the cat chasing the string on the ceiling fan gif again

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

just think of how much more you'd have if you reset your allies :xd:

Soon™

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

I don't care how the war goes. What I do care about is what direction the group I am in is going. GSF and the Imperium at the moment exists for one single purpose. To gather page viewers, stream viewers and ad clickers for TMC. That is the first priority. Internet spaceships is secondary. And because Mittens literally lives on this Alliance, his stake in it has become so serious that no means. Inside or outside the game are spared to advance it. And all that makes me sick to my stomach. Which is why I left.

Just so that we are absolutely, 100%, crystal clear:

The Boat Show is apparently a crime on humanity that causes you to lose sleep, but The Jeffraider Show is A-OK?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Zephyrine posted:

I don't care how the war goes. What I do care about is what direction the group I am in is going. GSF and the Imperium at the moment exists for one single purpose. To gather page viewers, stream viewers and ad clickers for TMC. That is the first priority. Internet spaceships is secondary. And because Mittens literally lives on this Alliance, his stake in it has become so serious that no means. Inside or outside the game are spared to advance it. And all that makes me sick to my stomach. Which is why I left.

Counteropinion. It starts with a basic premise that you like having things your way in EVE. Mittens is a figurehead of TMC just like you were the figurehead and controlling entity of ITL. Is this a case of being offended because it's something you think is true of yourself

What I saw when I joined goonwaffe was an organization of people who contributed for the benefit of each other. Of those roles, the figurehead is unique because it's a face and a personality to rally behind. If you have a person like mittens dedicating his full-time life to figureheading an organization that benefits your gameplay, in my opinion he deserves what revenue he can generate for himself.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Siets posted:

Just so that we are absolutely, 100%, crystal clear:

The Boat Show is apparently a crime on humanity that causes you to lose sleep, but The Jeffraider Show is A-OK?

I don't watch any of the shows.

Unless one of them happens to make "Extra Credits" or "shut up and sit down"

But I doubt it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
his income is as valid as my enjoyment of a video game. if you disagree you're arguing against the value of escapism which is the basis of a lot of entertainment industries.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Zephyrine posted:

I believe in total I lost about 4.5 billion isk on ITL from start to finish.

how is this even possible when you charged more

idgi

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Zephyrine posted:

I don't watch any of the shows.

Unless one of them happens to make "Extra Credits" or "shut up and sit down"

But I doubt it.

im a susd fan myself! they are the best :3:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

luminalflux posted:

how is this even possible when you charged more

idgi

Because I paid for any deficit that ITL (the company) had.

Though I'm fairly certain that the staff members made quite a lot of isk.

Tiberius
May 3, 2003

Fix Lag posted:

well nobody in planetside 2 noticed anyone bothering us repeatedly so good job

actually one time I accidentally ran a dude over with my sunderer and he spent 5 minutes sperging in /tell to me about how goons are awful people and should have joined the other faction and then blocked me because I called him a pubbie shitter

I'm pretty sure it was this guy

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

At the moment, there's not much to be done. We're outnumbered and outgunned in every time zone, so the focus has shifted to making people who live in our former space miserable; guerrilla tactics involving interceptors, bombers, and CovOps ships, while occasionally biting the dick off anyone dumb enough to stick it into the Saranen beehive.

The most tragic thing about all of this is Deklein being carved up and made into renter space. You'd think the people who took it all would have the common decency to live in it after all that time we spent upgrading it, but I guess we're more the fool for trying to make a home for ourselves in Null rather than Lowsec.

Man I'm sorry you guys have to deal with that. I wish y'all the best of luck, your galactic reputations notwithstanding. What's your IGN? I'm Naz al-Ghul.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

frozenpussy posted:

What I saw when I joined Goonwaffe was an organization of people who contributed for the benefit of each other. Of those roles, the figurehead is unique because it's a face and a personality to rally behind. If you have a person like mittens dedicating his full-time life to figure heading an organization that benefits your game-play, in my opinion he deserves what revenue he can generate for himself.

Couldn't agree more. I wish that TMC and the Twitch stream made enough money that good ole Dear leader didn't have to do anything else, as long as he keeps on being the space CEO and herding all of the cats that comprise Goonfleet. (Though to be fair, who the hell talks about going to "The Club"? Going out, going to the bar, out with friends, whatever. Going to the club is for Chris Kattan and Will Ferrell.)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Otacon posted:

please post the cat chasing the string on the ceiling fan gif again

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Blazing Zero posted:

They are!

I want to try out all those boardgames but then I import one and bring it to a gaming night and my friends are all "lets play monopoly" followed by by "Yahtzee" I have probably played a dozen games of Yahtzee at this point. I'm still not sure how it works because after I throw the dice a friend of mine does the math and then gives me the points.

So I just throw dice a few times and then lose.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beanbox posted:

Sure Buddy...

I've offered to evac stuff for a GSF people and I meant it. Once he gave me a list of how much stuff was meant to be moved I just told him to list it on the market since PL was based in 93pi and the stuff would actually move quite quickly. I literally don't have the capability to move that much poo poo in a reasonable time frame, my characters are narrowly focused into PvP and the only thing that I use to haul poo poo is a Viator.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

:same:

I learned about so many good games off them.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

The fact that people still think mittens lives off of TMC is the most egregious hilarity in Eve. Even more egregious than the fact that people haven't figured out the alternatives to 'lives off of TMC' yet. It's really a testament to how fundamentally retarded 99% of people playing this game are.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

YouTuber posted:

I've offered to evac stuff for a GSF people and I meant it. Once he gave me a list of how much stuff was meant to be moved I just told him to list it on the market since PL was based in 93pi and the stuff would actually move quite quickly. I literally don't have the capability to move that much poo poo in a reasonable time frame, my characters are narrowly focused into PvP and the only thing that I use to haul poo poo is a Viator.

how interested in hauling 20m m3 of stront i got at firesale prices are you

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Angelique I would be saddened and empathize if you stopped at the simple explanation about flashback despite your input about Gorski being a seemingly normal guy. That's an incident and satisfies my questions about why you'd leave.

Since then, however, you've included other reasons involving TMC's relationship with GSF as causes for your departure. Jumping on the bandwagon and casting basic aspects of GSF and TMC and mittens as negative is a choice and it's what pushes you into spurned ex territory and seeing you spread those messages disappoints me.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

YouTuber posted:

Early on people had this theory that I joined horde on some secret mission to evac more stuff. Very :shobon: But horde has no docking rights anywhere except other Horde stations.

Thwarted :argh: Oh well back to GSF to report to Porkbutte of my mission thus far...

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

YouTuber posted:

I have ~$1 Billion worth of PI stuff on public contract up in 5S-KXA at well below market value. Feel free to go take that for me.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

They are!

I want to try out all those boardgames but then I import one and bring it to a gaming night and my friends are all "lets play monopoly" followed by by "Yahtzee" I have probably played a dozen games of Yahtzee at this point. I'm still not sure how it works because after I throw the dice a friend of mine does the math and then gives me the points.

So I just throw dice a few times and then lose.

i recently picked up memoir 44 cause i enjoy some dubya dubya two history and they were right. it loving rules yall

Unfunny Poster posted:

:same:

I learned about so many good games off them.

:):hf::)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mysterium was the most recent one that caught my eye.

Memoir '44 was another one that they introduced me to :3:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I need more friends to play board games with. I want to spoil myself on some of these fancy ones with magic and stats and what not.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Mysterium was the most recent one that caught my eye.

Memoir '44 was another one that they introduced me to :3:

im going to play mysterium at some point but right now its all tanks, hedgehogs, hedgerows and beach invasions :black101:

Zephyrine posted:

I need more friends to play board games with. I want to spoil myself on some of these fancy ones with magic and stats and what not.

its good to have friends to play fun games with. good luck in your search

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Blazing Zero posted:

im going to play mysterium at some point but right now its all tanks, hedgehogs, hedgerows and beach invasions :black101:

its good to have friends to play fun games with. good luck in your search

The main problem is to find people willing to leave the monopoly comfort zone.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

The main problem is to find people willing to leave the monopoly comfort zone.

that's a tough one. try forbidden island? its' monopoly-ish with a press your luck thing

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tabletop Simulator solves a lot of the issues involved with "there's nobody in my immediate area that want to play a board game" and its great.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

Talk to Jeffraider. If you can actually manage to figure out a way to play monopoly without it looking like utter rear end that poo poo will go down hard. Don't suggest the game on steam that lets you flip the board. We tried that with predictable results.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Tabletop Simulator solves a lot of the issues involved with "there's nobody in my immediate area that want to play a board game" and its great.

depends on the game, otherwise :yeah:

YouTuber posted:

Talk to Jeffraider. If you can actually manage to figure out a way to play monopoly without it looking like utter rear end that poo poo will go down hard. Don't suggest the game on steam that lets you flip the board. We tried that with predictable results.

the person hosting the game can lock that stuff in ttsim

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YouTuber posted:

What are you talking about? We play Tabletop Sim all the time on OG and disable the table flip function.

The current games of choice are Secret Hitler & Bang!

A few of us play other games away from the other people on OG like Tsuro, Deception, etc.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

secret hitler is a really good game as well. i should get a physical copy one day. SO MANY GAMES

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

secret hitler is a really good game as well. i should get a physical copy one day. SO MANY GAMES

You can print out a free copy of the game if you want to save some money on it.

Same with Cards Against Humanity & Clusterfuck.

I hear Superfight! is really good.

https://www.superfightgame.com/

Edit - Also apparently MWO is non-poo poo now and is less aids than it was when it was in beta/early official release.

The Clan War stuff is kinda neat and not too bad.

Edit 2 - Blazing if you want to come play tabletop games bug me and I'll tell you how to get onto our other games Mumble.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 19, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

entirely fair

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also hey how about yall stop talking to angelique ty

about hauling and her newfound sudden obsession with reddit talking points about mittani Running A Media Empire anyway

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 19, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
While eating dinner I realized I miss Angelique on a personal level and I'm upset I don't have her in as much of my life right now. So actually no buttface I think I'll continue trying to reach my friend.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
elsa is trolling me he;lp

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

also hey how about yall stop talking to angelique ty

about hauling and her newfound sudden obsession with reddit talking points about mittani Running A Media Empire anyway

The Mittani is literally Hitler Rupert Murdoch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Confirming that Angelique is good people and space truckers make good ISK/hr. Don't care what she said about theta because even though those are my people too her opinion of them and they of her affects nothing.

I don't honestly know how much actual shipping Angelique did for ITL -- it wasn't my business to know. If she says she didn't make as much ISK as the people she employed then she didn't. I'm going to go with what Amyclas said about it and that "Angelique did us right while she was here" and leave it at that. ITL is still going strong and we're still pushin' wraps through the hood.

• Locked thread