Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

noobs smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

ghostter posted:

noobs smdh

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Remora posted:

Dropped two thirty bombs last night just after I ranked up...

:eng101:

Remora posted:

...to Silver 3.

:eng99:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Back in the guardians, except now guardians actually from time to time peek together and use nades. Which was not the case months ago

I'm glad Valve fixed the ranks a bit, I feel like I had to massively improve esp. on teamplay to get back to MG

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Remora posted:

Dropped two thirty bombs last night just after I ranked up to Silver 3. Promotion here I come. 5-queueing is the way to go, btw.

Congratulations! As long as you grasp what in your play is helping you achieve this, you'll be unstoppable until you need to develop another facet later on in the rank chain. Keep it up!

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Everyone go and vote for this skin.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686720306

I can't decide if I'll name it Johnny Five Aces or Zyborne Clock. Why couldn't it have been The Zyborne Glock :negative:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 18, 2016

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I have now come to understand the power of a molly. I've got a set strat for entering Mirage A site with ct smoked. Molly under porch then work stairs/jungle with flash(s). Got 2 kills in 1 game from the molly. I don't know why but it's just clicked.

Also want to point out that ninja is loving dumb spot. I looked right at it to check it. Stared at it even. Got owned by a guy with a negev who had tucked him self in it and was looking away.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

sterster posted:

I have now come to understand the power of a molly. I've got a set strat for entering Mirage A site with ct smoked. Molly under porch then work stairs/jungle with flash(s). Got 2 kills in 1 game from the molly. I don't know why but it's just clicked.

Also want to point out that ninja is loving dumb spot. I looked right at it to check it. Stared at it even. Got owned by a guy with a negev who had tucked him self in it and was looking away.

I prefer our strategy of never playing mirage again. (exxon)

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Second day in a row my PC has shut itself down to install windows 10 while I'm the middle of a game :thumbsup:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

fennesz posted:

Second day in a row my PC has shut itself down to install windows 10 while I'm the middle of a game :thumbsup:

seriously, gently caress windows.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

stop telling updates to auto-install

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Fateo McMurray posted:

stop telling updates to auto-install

Have you used windows in the past decade? I've literally never had auto updates on and it's always auto updated for me.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Odd I use windows 7 and turned off auto update and the most I ever see about windows 10 is a taskbar icon telling me I can install it if I want to. Has been like that for months and has never tried to do it on its own. Suck to your assmar.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/KevinKnocke/status/733095921454473216

Looks like Valve is unhappy with WESA. ESL Cologne losing it's major status.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

xsf421 posted:

:stonk:

Mother of gently caress.

I knew WESA would catch the attention of Valve due to its bias towards ESL, but I never saw this coming.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

xsf421 posted:

see? the free market works. commies btfo

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tweet doesn't show up for me.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Famethrowa posted:

seriously, gently caress windows.

loving windows 10 up and installed itself, too tired to give a gently caress

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

What did that tweet say? It's gone.

osker posted:

loving windows 10 up and installed itself, too tired to give a gently caress

The few times that's happened to me I literally pull the plug. I'd rather have my loving drive wipe itself than have windows 10 on any of my machines.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

Tweet got deleted because it isn't true.

https://twitter.com/KevinKnocke/status/733116941359927296

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Once you install Windows 10 you can go to the app store and rent an hour of uninterrupted gameing or a night where your computer doesn't wake itself up for no reason

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

fennesz posted:

What did that tweet say? It's gone.

The few times that's happened to me I literally pull the plug. I'd rather have my loving drive wipe itself than have windows 10 on any of my machines.

Seriously, windows 10 feels like those "around the web" ads at the bottom of articles

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/ESLCS/status/733122203215007745

gently caress.

I should've known better that Valve wouldn't actually do anything about the WESA. :(

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

symbolic posted:

https://twitter.com/ESLCS/status/733122203215007745

gently caress.

I should've known better that Valve wouldn't actually do anything about the WESA. :(

I wouldn't be so sure, the thing is the major is two months away so finding another org to do a major in 3-4 months is a pretty difficult task. RLewis reported the same thing on twitter so something happened behind closed doors today. ESL will be backpedaling the WESA stuff soon enough.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Its probably to close to revoke the major, but he also tweeted that Faze pulling out of WESA is just the start and there will be big news next week.

Also they apparently had to pay $200,000 to leave for a net $50,000 loss.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Suran37 posted:

Also they apparently had to pay $200,000 to leave for a net $50,000 loss.
I read that it was $50K out of pocket to leave.

Which I suppose doesn't make that any less horrendous.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

windows 10 is good. much better tahn 7

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

symbolic posted:

I read that it was $50K out of pocket to leave.

Which I suppose doesn't make that any less horrendous.

There are conflicting reports. It doesn't really make sense to fine them $50,000 since they were paid $150,000 to join.
I suppose they may not have actually been given the money yet, but yeah I have seen both reported.

Edit:
Question and response about it
https://twitter.com/KevinKnocke/status/733094248396947457

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Xenaero posted:

Congratulations! As long as you grasp what in your play is helping you achieve this, you'll be unstoppable until you need to develop another facet later on in the rank chain. Keep it up!

I feel like positioning and good one-tap control is what's doing it for me now. Y'know, good for Silver. I have had a few people accuse me of aimbotting, which felt really good. I think next I probably need to learn how to get gud with nades, and learn how to position myself so that only three pixels of my forehead is showing because I die a lot to people who can do that. Also, better sprays and figuring out a good mousebind to switch to my pistol, because a die a lot when I let a spray go too long or try to do a spray transfer and run dry.

Not that I need to be spraying with the A1S and the SG, my two preferred weapons... which is also something I need to work on...

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
http://oddshot.tv/shot/steel-tv-2016051942141570

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Does steel really make enough money off of twitch to justify continuing to play CS:GO when he's banned and it seems like the game causes him nothing but misery

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gigawhite posted:

Does steel really make enough money off of twitch to justify continuing to play CS:GO when he's banned and it seems like the game causes him nothing but misery
Stockholm Syndrome is a terrible thing.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

gigawhite posted:

people keep throwing money at him, so yes

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Demostrs posted:

see? the free market works. commies btfo

seize the means of production, workers of the world unite

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Steel is banned from Twitch? Was he viewbotting like Stickyrice or what?

e: Wait he's obviously not banned from Twitch, so idgi :confused:

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
steel is banned from valve tournaments

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
you'll never be banned from my heart, steel-senpai

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

gigawhite posted:

six figures

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Google Butt posted:

six figures

Getting that stressed and miserable while playing a video game and making 6 figures.

How the gently caress are these people going to adjust to the real world once their e-sports dreams are over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

seeing as how he will probably make six figures for the next 2-5 years and has been doing it for 2+ years already -- probably work part time and coast for the rest of their lives?