Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Drunk in Space posted:

Tynan should really think about changing his approach to the no hauling trait. Make it so that people opposed to hauling have a mood debuff, or only carry 50%, or move slowly or something, but the idea that in a survival situation someone will simply refuse to go and pick up medicine or whatever is pretty loving stupid, and even from a gameplay and storytelling perspective doesn't really enhance anything.

Speaking of medicine, doctors should be able to treat themselves as well, at least to some degree.

No Hauling is the shittiest thing ever and I generally get rid of colonists who have it unless my colony is super established or the person is insanely good at something that I'm lacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Kanos posted:

No Hauling is the shittiest thing ever and I generally get rid of colonists who have it unless my colony is super established or the person is insanely good at something that I'm lacking.

Last time I played I got the useless No hauling bitch with sky high art skill. I chopped off her hands and had her beat unconscious to show what happens to people that don't work.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gibbo posted:

Last time I played I got the useless No hauling bitch with sky high art skill. I chopped off her hands and had her beat unconscious to show what happens to people that don't work.

You may have some issues with women and/or rage.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Apoplexy posted:

Goons.

Anyway, Enhanced Tabs just got updated to Fluffy Tabs! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hO8CtsYH2o showing off the mod and its changes. It looks like it's REALLY coming along for the better!

Jesus christ I skipped ahead some and the massive list that is assigning work tendencies immediately put me off.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Lunethex posted:

Jesus christ I skipped ahead some and the massive list that is assigning work tendencies immediately put me off.

Uh, that's optional? You don't have to utilize that at all? It's for the purposes of precision-adjusting what everyone does. You can turn on, for instance, cheering up patients without giving them medical treatment or harvesting plants without planting them.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Apoplexy posted:

You may have some issues with women and/or rage.

No problems with women, just artists that think they're too good to work. (Not going to argue the rage bits though.)

I tend to do horrible things to all the awful "I paid too much money, here's my mary-sue" characters.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Gibbo posted:

I tend to do horrible things to all the awful "I paid too much money, here's my mary-sue" characters.

Darkeye Deathjack can sort of get a pass on that early game. After you've got yourself established though he's borderline useless.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Gibbo posted:

No problems with women, just artists that think they're too good to work. (Not going to argue the rage bits though.)

that you felt the need to call her a bitch while also talking about chopping her hands off kind of implies you have issues there buddy

seek therapy

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gibbo posted:

lol- good form

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
What's up with everyone who plays this game? So much weird angst.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blacktoll posted:

standard-issue brokebrain games posters who cant differentiate between reality and the virtual. it was a funny anecdote, imo, perfect rimworlding.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Gibbo posted:

Welcome to space, we don't take kindly to you folks!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I like to run gay-dominated colonies and deny medicine to all straight joiners and also make all the straights do all the lovely outside jobs and reserve the high value crafting jobs in climate controlled comfort surrounded by highly polished marble floors and legendary art :shrug:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

UHM, you sound like you have issues seem therapy

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Speaking of issues, I've been wanting to try a Dickensian class system type colony wherin prisoners, peasants, craftsmen, and the nobles all have their own isolated enclaves. I think it would be doable with the "burrow" system or whatever but I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Wait, people hate artists? My last game, a colonist who wouldn't do much but could do art pretty much paid for all of my trading. poo poo's worth good money. And it keeps people from going insane when the 19th epidemic that year breaks out.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

We don't hate artists, we hate people who won't haul. I don't care if you're Rembrandt, put the loving rice in the refrigerator.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Blacktoll posted:

No angst here, I just kind of like playing the game like a horrible fucker because I find it hilarious. :v:
No reflection on how I treat actual people.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Video games make people violent!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I like to carve body parts off of my prisoners like they are a Christmas goose :shrug:

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Slime posted:

that you felt the need to call her a bitch while also talking about chopping her hands off kind of implies you have issues there buddy

seek therapy

Where I come from bitch has multiple uses. keep projecting dog.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I like to call all my male colonists my little whores :shrug:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Frog Assassin posted:

We don't hate artists, we hate people who won't haul. I don't care if you're Rembrandt, put the loving rice in the refrigerator.

That's what animals are for, gives my people more time to toil in the statue pit.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

God this thread has been spicy lately. I for one agree that post about the hand chopping came off really dark.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frog Assassin posted:

Put the Rice in the refrigerator or it gets the hose again.

dylguy90 posted:

God this thread has been spicy lately. I for one agree that post about the hand chopping came off really dark.

LOL videogames.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Keeping an entire prison camp of captured tribals for back up organs - - perfectly okay.

Joke about cutting a video game characters hands off and beating them up - - nah man too dark.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Yeah because violence against women is totally a cool subject to joke about

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

dylguy90 posted:

You heard it here, remove all female pawns from Rimworld.

Really though, the 'joke' highlighted a particularly bad real-money insert. That it was female is irrelevant; the no-hauls/no-dumb labor poo poo with the pawns becomes infuriating very quickly and eventually you just start wishing the pawns could actually, truly suffer.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Actually it's about ethics in construction and management simulation video games.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

dylguy90 posted:

It's a video game character. I didn't do it because she's a female, and have subjected the nobles and most other non haulers to the same treatment.

She is just the most useless of the bunch, and so was used for this example.

It's not even like the pawns on this game are even strongly gendered aside from a line in their data sheet.

Viral Warfare
Aug 4, 2010

~~a n d I a m c a l m~~

dylguy90 posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gibbo posted:

Keeping an entire prison camp of captured tribals for back up organs - - perfectly okay.

Joke about cutting a video game characters hands off and beating them up - - nah man too dark.

Don't forget about the cannibalism! You can burn people live, roast them in jury rigged ovens, starve them to death, straight up execute them on a whim, leave them out in the elements, lock people into their bodies by removing limbs, eyes, ears, a kidney for poo poo and giggles. But yeah oh poo poo them hands, not going there, too dark indeed.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I like to remove the eyes and legs to sell then put the blinded prisoners on peg legs, then release the prisoners. Then have my sniper give them one gutshot for the road. If they are tough enough to survive, they survive. If they die, they die.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rimworld: Lets jump into the morality Blackhole.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

E: yep I'm not gonna further this discussion any more.

S w a y z e fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 20, 2016

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

dylguy90 posted:

E: yep I'm not gonna further this discussion any more.

You should. It's fun.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Just as long as you don't call a woman a bitch you can mutilate her.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

dragon_pamcake posted:

I thought people were selling organs to the trade ships.

I use it mainly as a way to punish pirates for daring to come to Skoomania.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I like to mod in penis anatomy so I can castrate all my male colonists :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Flesh Forge posted:

I like to mod in penis anatomy so I can castrate all my male colonists :shrug:

Just sayin, but dwarf fortress has had the gelding labor in for a while, I'm sure you could find a way to have fun with it.