Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

BrigadierSensible posted:

"Hi, my meat-name is Dave, but you probably know me as 19032.89123123.12312432"

Well it looks as if we are well on the way to full on dystopia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

And then the boy yells, "Mom! Stop it!"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

God, this picture makes me feel good.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
If you ship actual human beings IRL, you're a bad person.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Not if you put holes in the box

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Gross Dude posted:

Not if you put holes in the box

i thought it was just one hole

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

SneakyFrog posted:

i thought it was just one hole

Not the way I do it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Wizard of Smart posted:

Not the way I do it.

:frog::respek::haw:

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

One of my ninth graders said they ship me with another of the student teachers :(

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Now, is it okay if you only do that when they're playing a specific character?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I've worked at Subway before so I know a thing or two about messy sandwiches. :smug:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I've certainly gotten a messy sandwich at Subway before :a2m:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Tardigrade posted:

One of my ninth graders said they ship me with another of the student teachers :(

That's what kids do. We just created an obnoxious, creepy word for it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

:commissar:

Let me help with that stuck problem.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I don't see how people can't see that he's funny. That was downright hilarious.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

I know people like this. They are convinced that they are funny, but nobody else seems to get them.
They fail to see that "funny" depends on your audience, so if nobody is laughing, gently caress it, you're not funny.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I'm imagining your avatar saying this and it makes it even more funny. :allears:

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
Found this one on Facebook this evening.

quote:

My proudest moment of teaching all year: Today, after my first class had finished up, "Johnny" kept poking at and tickling the girl sitting next to him. She kept asking him to stop, and he wouldn't, despite my having redirected him a couple of times. Johnny said, "I want to handcuff you and tickle you until you scream," and then said, "What? What, Ms. Judi? Why you making that face?"

I said, "Your last comment made me feel very uncomfortable, Johnny."

He said, "What? I didn't say anything wrong."

I explained, "Johnny, when you say to a woman who says 'No' to you that you're going to restrain her with handcuffs and touch her without her permission until she screams, that sounds really rape-y to me."

"Naw! Ms. Judi, that's all messed up!" Johnny protested. "I didn't mean it that way; it's like on TV when a guy and a girl are having fun together."

I said, "On TV, Johnny, you're seeing a fantasy. If BOTH partners consent, it's all cool. But every person deserves to have what we call BODY AUTONOMY. That means, you have a say in who touches you, in what medical procedures happen to you, how far you're willing to go. In my family, if someone says 'Stop tickling,' we do, because consent is important to fun. If it's all fun for you, and not for your partner, you aren't listening to her needs, and you're being entitled. You only care about yourself in a narcissistic way."

Johnny said, "But she and I are cool, aren't we girl?" The girl raised her head, and looked uncertain.

I said to the girl, "Is this where you get to say, 'It's okay, Ms. Judi,' to spare his feelings, or to keep him from targeting you again?" She opened her mouth and shut it. "Answer me this: Did you in fact tell Johnny 'No' to being touched and tickled?"

"Yes," whispered the girl.

"Did you mean it?" I prodded.

"Yes," she said, more strongly.

"Did you say 'No," because you secretly wanted him to keep tickling you?" I asked.

"I said 'No' because I didn't loving want him to loving touch me again!" she suddenly snarled. "But it doesn't matter anyway, because he's going to do whatever the gently caress he wants anyway no matter what I say!"

I turned back to Johnny. "And here, sir, is the crux of the problem. You didn't listen to her, and made her feel she had to take whatever you dished out."

"Oh. My. God. Why are we even talking about this?" exclaimed Johnny, angry and upset.

"Johnny, you asked me, and I'm answering, and I think you're a nice guy that NEEDS to hear this. Because you're big, and male, and 'just joking,' you get away with pushing boundaries again and again and again, which undermines each time a woman says 'No' to you. If you don't respect her bodily autonomy when she says no tickling, or no touching, or to leave her alone, then will you respect her saying no when she doesn't want to hug, or kiss, or get it on after a date, or when she says no but she's been drinking? The pattern is the same. And NOT respecting her boundaries means you think that women are for your use, property, to be used and discarded and who cares who is hurt as long as YOU have fun and enjoy yourself. There's the connection to rape. The mindset builds up from all the hundreds of times little boys kissed a cute girl or pinched her, or tickled her when she wanted to be let be, and someone gushed, 'boys will be boys,' or 'that's how he shows he likes her,' whether or not SHE wanted the attention."

"So, I'm never allowed to tickle again, is that what you're saying?" Johnny said sarcastically.

"No, I'm asking you to LISTEN to what SHE says about her comfort level. If you tickle a girl and she laughs, and says something like, 'Oooh! I'll get you back!' that's an invitation. If she says 'Stop it, I don't feel like this right now," I expect that you pay attention to what she wants, or doesn't. Respect her bodily autonomy."

Johnny stared at his desk. I said, "Thank you for listening to what I had to say. You've always been respectful to me in my classroom, even when you're mad at me. I'm asking you to extend that respect, and courtesy to the women of your age, too."

Class ended. They went out. All the girls of the class lingered a moment. "Thank you," said one. "I hadn't heard that thing about bodily autonomy before. This was like, better than one of our groups." The girl who'd sat next to Johnny said, "I wasn't going to make it out to be a big deal, but I was fed up with him today. Thank you. I hope he isn't an rear end in a top hat about it though, I can't handle that today."

And I went on teaching my other classes. But right before lunch, in the hall, something happened.

A boy from a different class started an argument with his girlfriend, because she wouldn't hug him as they passed one another. "What? You're my girl and you won't give me any sugar?" and he grabbed her wrist.

Before ANY staff could react, Johnny was right there. "Yo, bro. That ain't cool. If she doesn't want to hug right now, that's on her. You got no call to get mad at her. You don't own her rear end, or her. She gets to decide if she feels like hugging you, kissing you, whatever. It's called BODILY AUTONOMY, rear end in a top hat."

"I take what I want," said the boy.

"What? You some kind of rapist that you gotta TAKE what you want? No wonder she don't want to hug you if you won't take NO for an answer!" Johnny said scornfully. "What else you gonna TAKE from her? Her dignity? Her body? Her feelings of safety? You supposed to PROTECT your girl, not MAKE her do poo poo."

The boy, noting all the sudden attention, drops the girl's arm. He muttered, "Yeah, whatEVER, man," and walked away.

And I caught Johnny's eye, and I said, "Thank you for listening to me this morning, and really considering what I said. You've made me really proud of you today."

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Bremma posted:

Degrassi High?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
How old are these kids meant to be? It seems to vary between writing them as if they're 8 and as if they're 15 and as if they're every in between.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That was the worst thing I've ever read

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That was a wild ride.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

oldpainless posted:

Same, including from chitolay12's posts

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Tardigrade posted:

That's funny, I thought it was us teachers who were all weird and sexual constantly.
:smug: :colbert:

p.s. I'm kidding around. In case it wasn't clear.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

It's called STDH autonomy.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

oldpainless posted:

Same here, among other reasons because it assumes that tickling someone when they say "stop" is tantamount to rape.
Also, Johnny needs some serious treatment if he wants to handcuff people and tickle until they screeeeeeaaaaaaam.

Did anyone else got the "thug" Johnny speech style?

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
pfft :corsair:

Yo bro that's just how kids talk, get with the times man!

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

How old are these kids meant to be? It seems to vary between writing them as if they're 8 and as if they're 15 and as if they're every in between.

Yeah, I have no idea, but I got the same feeling out of it, since it felt elementary school going in, then went weird.

Bremma has a new favorite as of 10:11 on May 19, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

It's called STDH autonomy.

rear end in a top hat.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Those fictional kids never consented to be in that fake story.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

MonoAus posted:

pfft :corsair:

Yo bro that's just how kids talk, get with the times man!

Johnny died on the way back to his home planet.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

sweeperbravo posted:

Johnny died on the way back to his homeroom.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Bremma posted:

Harlan Ellison didn't include it in the story, but this is actually what inspired AM's humanity-killing rampage in "I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream"

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

nice

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm trying to come up with something witty or at least mildly entertaining but the best I can do is 'uugghhh.'

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm trying to come up with something witty or at least mildly entertaining but the best I can do is 'uugghhh.'

That's all the wit it deserves.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

Non Serviam posted:

Did anyone else got the "thug" Johnny speech style?

Lol.

Bremma posted:

"What? You're my girl and you won't give me any sugar?" and he grabbed her wrist.

This is my fave line. That glorious STDH diction! :allears:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hail to the king, baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

genetic_knockout posted:

This is my fave line. That glorious STDH diction! :allears:

What? You didn't go to high school in a 50s teen movie? Or with Forrest Gump?