Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/sydneypack/ Time for the "people that stopped playing this game" to start bitching!

All of sydney's guns are really nice looking though they lean in on that "cute punk" aesthetic that hot topic loves, which I find really funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

This makes me want to use the Predator.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean, of fuckin course they release a newer, cooler Uzi and Cobra skin right after I fuckin' get my jimmies :mad:

Gang blaster when

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I am very confused as to how someone is supposed to hold the Anarcho. Actually, I'm confused by everything about the Anarcho.

edit:

we've buried the lede with the safe stuff; you should read every one of these changes, they're all significant.

changelog
General
Added strings for second deployable in inventory
Fixed an issue where spent skill points would not show in the main menu
Added a 20% chance of getting a cable tie when picking up an ammo box :psyduck:
Bulldozers can now be damaged with all melee weapons
AI should now spawn on the player that initiated the trade
Fixed an issue where clients would downgrade an already upgraded drill/saw when repairing it
Added tier cost reduction for Infamy
Lowered the chance to dominate an enemy

Skills
Jack of All Trades UI now properly syncs to other players
Equilibrium now applies to Akimbo pistols
Fire Trap will no longer cause fire damage to team AI
Fixed an issue where Transporter:Aced would increase movement speed incorrectly while wearing heavy armor
Fixed an issue where Jack of all Trades would not show correct amount of deployables
Fixed an issue where Fire Control:Base did not apply accuracy boost.
Removed automatic mod requirement for the Fast Fire skill
Deploying your bipod will no longer cancel the Shock and Awe reload speed bonus
Fixed an issue where the Fast Fire skill would give the wrong amount of ammo
Fixed incorrect concealment penalty decrease for silenced weapons with Optic Illusions skill
Reduced the chance of Bulletproof triggering a knockback with ranged weapons
Fixed an issue where Sixth Sense:Aced would not properly be removed when deselecting the skill
Fixed a visual bug when having Jack of all Trades and using ECM’s
Fixed an issue with Shockproof:Aced where you could redirect the tase to other enemies
Fixed an issue where Shockproof:Aced would not be able to reach the taser
Bulldozers are now immune to the Heavy Impact skill
Removed the animation for Shockproof:Aced interaction

Also, the new sentry model:

In addition to looking ridiculous, it appears to be designed to give a lot more visual feedback about its status and upgrades.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 19, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

I am very confused as to how someone is supposed to hold the Anarcho. Actually, I'm confused by everything about the Anarcho.

Rule of Cool, Vox. We are all becoming Orks from space and all that matters is it hurts because we believe in crime.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I appreciate that Ubisoft are not the only one who are fans of the P90 suitcase turret.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Double saws DW-viable :smugteddie:

shanks i fuckin' told you :mad:

I mean, everyone reading this thread knows you're really confirming is "3-player deathwish viable" :v:

Zigmidge posted:

Turqoise and pink looks great on guns!

Hmm, I'm sitting on a pile of gage coins, is there's a turqoise and pink mask colour? Going to go wild with that if so.

There is, or at least there's a blue/pink that's similar. You can also use mask materials to help fill in; there are several good blue and pink shades.

Psion fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 19, 2016

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Discendo Vox posted:

Added a 20% chance of getting a cable tie when picking up an ammo box :psyduck:

Do we know if this in lieu of ammo, or in addition too?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Magnetic North posted:

Do we know if this in lieu of ammo, or in addition too?

In addition to. Man, making the game challenging again after all of this is going to be pretty hard to manage.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The skill beta truly was the death of Death Vox. You think all the people in that weird thread demanding more money from the steam market are happy about Dallas safes becoming rare or will they still likely bitch because legendary skins somehow aren't statistically superior to everything else still?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

The skill beta truly was the death of Death Vox. You think all the people in that weird thread demanding more money from the steam market are happy about Dallas safes becoming rare or will they still likely bitch because legendary skins somehow aren't statistically superior to everything else still?

And yeah, Death Vox is pretty much hibernating until the skills and difficulty stabilize. I've got notes for the Hardcore Henry and Wolf Pack heists, but they're not fully written up.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 19, 2016

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

That is terrible and I want it.

I'm also more stoked than I should be about regenerating cable ties.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I see a lot of Xs and a Minor Threat reference... Sydney is straight edge, I take it?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

I see a lot of Xs and a Minor Threat reference... Sydney is straight edge, I take it?

Yeah she's actually pretty awful, after listening to her.

Also:

noooooooooooooooooooooo

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Skunkrocker posted:

Too bad they can't make a Houston/Hoxton style rivalry between her and Jimmy

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

lol they deleted this tweet really quickly

Grondoth posted:

Also:

noooooooooooooooooooooo

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Grondoth posted:

Yeah she's actually pretty awful, after listening to her.

:colbert: Don-ac-like a drongo

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wintermutant posted:

Suggest it to Almir I'm sure he'll make it happen.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Wintermutant posted:

jimmy is less a human and more an avatar of cocaine, so it's hard to have a rivalry with him. But really, if anyone ought to have a rivalry with Jimmy, it's Bain. Man loves his coke and Jimmy, well ...

https://gfycat.com/SmartExcitableAlligatorsnappingturtle

e: oh hey that's a little bigger than I thought

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 19, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
jimmy is snowflame

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Jimmy is such a weird and different character when you strip away his raison d'etre from hardcore henry.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Someone make me a nice loop of this, tia

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Here's what I have so far for each of the four heists I mentioned earlier:

Murky Station:
  • Somewhat fewer guards in the trainyard, but the hiding spots under the middle of the traincars will be closed(the ones on the ends of cars will still be open). Drones unchanged.
  • No civilians or radio. Some of the key objects (particularly keycards and thermite) will be spread across the map. Only one blowtorch spawns. Most key item locations will be in different locations.
  • Whiteboard is erased. A note from the head of security about how dumb it was to leave a giant notice about where all the keycards are is attached.
  • One traincar contains 6 bags of battle rifles, one contains a EMP bomb part, one contains 8 bags of turret shells a la train heist, one contains a thermobaric bomb. Hacking each traincar opens only one pair of doors- often part of the loot is at the far end, and there are two sets of lasers in the way.
  • In the basement, one of the central rooms is replaced by a large vault. The vault door opens into the central dividing hallway. Opening it requires two keycards and a server, then hacking for ~20 seconds. A set of lasers is a bit past the door. The vault contains the other half of the EMP bomb, 4 bags of battle rifles and 6 bags of gold. One it is open, guards will periodically walk partway into the vault to check it- there are safe spots in the corners.
  • 2 bags of pistols and 2 bags of battle rifles spawn in typical locations in the basement.
  • The basement vents are sealed.

16 additional bags of loot are required to leave.
Completing the heist on Death Vox gives the achievement Just a little Pinch.
Getting all loot and leaving in stealth gives an additional achievement Shadow Warrior.

Boiling Point:
General enemy note: No black ops appear in this mission. Instead, the Reaper equivalent of the green SWAT will not spawn, and enemy limits will be raised. In practice this means enemy forces will consist almost solely of large numbers of special units and tans.
  • 2x rocket pads and radar dishes. 1x radar always near spawn. C4 bags are further away.
  • EMP bomb is dropped out at lake at opposite location from spawn. This is too far from the facility, so you have to disassemble it and carry it (2 bags, like MS) into the building, then assemble it and set it off.
  • The lower entrance into the sawmill is blocked.
  • Players need to drill into the hatch past the electrified gate-it did not open on its own. Enemy spawns are centered on the area during this time. This can also be opened with a saw.
  • All possible turret locations spawn inside the base.
  • The base interior has cloaker hiding spots active during the early scanning period (This just translates to more cloakers). Snipers can also set up on the observation windows.
  • Players must scan all 8 test subjects to leave. The scanner is biometric; two powerboxes will spawn. In addition, enemies will set off a gas trap during scans 2, 5 and 8. The gas trap floods the entire base- players must rush to find each one and shut it off. The gas will stop the scan.
  • 2 servers must be secured to leave. The briefcase will be hidden in one of several locations, though it's still pretty easy to find.
  • Leaving the map is made much harder. First, the Reapers will have successfully re-closed the gate leading to the hatch. Players must drill it(always 3 breaks), while under extremely heavy opposing fire. This can also be opened with a saw.
  • Enemy snipers will be a continuous presence along the escape route. A turret truck will be parked to partially block the hole made in the wall. Cloakers will be hiding in the forest outside.
Additional loot: the sawmill interior and exterior have weapon cases containing assault(not battle) rifles scattered around- 5 in all. In the base, weapon cases will contain an additional 2 bags of assault rifles-and one of Vlad's nukes. Players can secure loot at the plane as soon as it arrives at the escape zone after dropping the bomb.
Completing the heist on Death Vox gives the achievement Beat the Reaper.
Completing the heist after securing all rifles and the nuke gives an additional achievement Minard's March.

Counterfeit:
  • 2 crowbars always spawn.
  • Mitchell's pool party is much larger- about three times as many people (24) will spawn, with some always spawning in Wilson's basement.
  • The hack takes additional time. Each box will break 1-3 times on its own, or police can interrupt it. If the hack begins in stealth, two civilians will path down into Michell's basement and spot the hack.
  • It is possible to complete the hack in stealth by shouting down/killing the first patrol, answering the phone, and taking out the second patrol when they enter Mitchell's basement. During the hack, Bain will mention that the white mesa system is being monitored from outside and has a bunch of undocumented subsystems. Shortly after the hack is finished, the police will be alerted by the security system.
  • Big 'ol pallet of money in the basement, which breaks down into ~16 bags. C4 always spawns, positions are different on DV. C4 explosion = wipe.
  • Utilities: 2 water valves. 4 powerboxes (2 interior, 2 exterior, opposite sides). Utility interruption will operate on a separate spawn loop- a Bulldozer will continuously attempt to interrupt whichever utility is at issue. When printing, a 15 second delay occurs before the Bulldozer spawns when it dies. Other enemies will not attempt to stop utilities.
  • Other enemies can attempt to stop the drill at the safe, or the hose at the spigot. The game will not attempt to specifically assign that task- it will be incidental.
  • Printing: You will be going for a cool 15 million dollars, which translates to about 50 bags, before Bain starts to worry about inflation and says you can call it a day(though you can go for more). This isn't as bad as it sounds because the trapped pallet of money counts toward the total. I'm thinking you will need to print 35 bags.
  • A limited amount of ink and paper spawns in the basement, garages, and side buildings. Alex will periodically fly over and drop additional supplies as you use up your stock. This can land in a number of bad spots, including in the street and on the roof of either house. Ladders can be found and used to access the roof. Paper and ink will need to be restocked after every batch.
  • All possible turrets will spawn, as will Winters. Turret vans will also release a one-time batch of enemies on arrival. Snipers will attempt to walk into the map and set up on the roofs of the two main houses.
  • The big "undocumented subsystem" Bain was worried about is a gas trap. The bunker will occasionally flood with gas for about 2 minutes until Bain is able to shut it off again. Printing can continue as normal during this time.
Completing the heist on Death Vox gives the achievement Make the Money and Run.
Completing the heist after successfully stealthing as far as possible gives an additional achievement Maybe White Mesa.

Undercover:
  • The hack will become a cyber war between Bain and the g-man, with you running support. Hacks will take longer as you rush around the building plugging in computers, restoring power, putting out fires, and killing cops as Bain spouts nonsense techno jargon.
  • Taxman's limo always lands on the roof. It also always catches fire (meaning the taxman will have less "health")
  • The gas area is much larger. Gas attempts will occur multiple times.
  • You will need to set up a secondary server system in one of the other possible hack rooms during the first hack stage, then during stage two, a tertiary server in the remaining room. Each setup involves carrying a backup server Bain left at the main server room in the building to the location, setting it up, plugging it in, and starting the hack. Interruptions will require resetting all active servers.
  • One powerbox spawns on each level of the building. Police can stop the hack at powerboxes (rare) or at servers.
  • During the second stage of the hack, servers will begin to overheat and catch fire. A single fire extinguisher inventory item can be found in one of the stairwells. Servers can be cooled with the extinguisher at any time, but if one catches fire, it will interrupt the hack.
  • Interrogation will work as normal the first two times. The third time taxman will refuse to cooperate, so players must perform several actions to drag his chair over and dangle it out the window.
  • When the escape begins, 10 bulldozers will spawn at the bottom of each staircase.
  • You must secure all three servers. Throwing the server across the gap is recommended. Players can apply boards to the gap to narrow it from the escape side.
No extra loot on this heist.
Completing the heist on Death Vox gives the achievement CR4$H 4ND 8UR|\|.
Completing the heist without setting up any boards gives the additional achievement Broken Windows Theory.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 19, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Sydney pack skins are already up on PD2Stash. Now you, too, can gauge just how ugly they'll be with a little wear.

The new sentry looks cute.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 19, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

Here's what I have so far for each of the four heists I mentioned earlier:

You seem to be conflating tedium and difficulty.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
35 bags lol

Wik
Mar 5, 2010
It'll be better without hackers

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I actually kinda like the Undercover stuff, but having the Taxman arbitrarily take a stupid route to the computer is just pointless and dumb. There's also a conspicuous lack of hiding the crowbar/always needing to pry open the car trunk. :cmon:

Also what is with the sudden obsession with gas traps.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

John Murdoch posted:

Tripwire contracted out the development of Hans to Vox.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Seriously. 35 bags? You're taking it super easy this time, Vox. That's not like you.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Is this just a thing he does in here?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Orv posted:

Oh, right, you're new to this thread. Yeah.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Orv posted:

Yes.

It's a delusion that we humor, because he's a decent cop-shooter, and his ramblings of Death Vox passes the time while you wait for a drill to finish during most of the bank job maps.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Is he ever gonna actually make like a mod or anything?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hobbies I suppose.

More questions I have on the other hand;
  • Turrets, worth what I assume is an almost necessary complete tree investment?
  • AR top picks? Shotguns are great but 90% of the time I'm ADS because tans so I want to try other things.
  • RNG still a fucker.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Turrets own bones right now and should be enjoyed before they're inevitably patched back to uselessness

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

no

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Orv posted:

Hobbies I suppose.

• AR top picks? Shotguns are great but 90% of the time I'm ADS because tans so I want to try other things.
  • RNG still a fucker.

- In the beta, turrets are amazing with reasonable investment. In the current live build, turrets need complete investment to make them kinda sorta not lousy. Fortunately, beta is going to be live soon-ish.

- Most ARs are actually pretty good. If you're ADSing a lot, the M308 is the sort of thing that never goes wrong. A lot of goons like the AMR-16, particularly with the DMR kit. I'm a fan of the AK5 and the new Bootleg myself.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Orv posted:

Hobbies I suppose.

• RNG still a fucker.

Like everyone else said, turrets are really good right now (in the beta). Even DW viable, if you position them correctly. They can generate a surplus of ammo, especially if you sometimes help out with Dozers/Shields. If you run turrets in a team, though, everyone has to be down with the plan, your your teammates will just jack all the ammo the turrets produce, and you'll run a deficit. The main downside, consequently, is that turrets are boring for groups that want to shoot cops themselves. If your group hates shooting things, then sure, let the turrets do the heavy lifting.

Opinions on ARs vary. I guess the main question is if you want a semi-auto weapon, or a automatic weapon. Basically all of the high-damage rifles make good DMRs. The M308 doesn't need to be fitted with a kit for that purpose, but the CAR-4, AK7.62, AMR, and Gewehr all do.

If you want automatic rifles, you've got a lot of options. Basically all of them are usable, and it comes down to personal taste. For me, the high rate-of-fire weapons feel best. The Clarion is "best" in that regard, but I also like the Commando, Gecko, and Lion's Roar, among other things. Do invest in the tier-3 Oppressor skills for these weapons, though. The reload speed boost and +15 bullets in mag are really, really great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

I actually kinda like the Undercover stuff, but having the Taxman arbitrarily take a stupid route to the computer is just pointless and dumb. There's also a conspicuous lack of hiding the crowbar/always needing to pry open the car trunk. :cmon:

You're right on the taxman route, that's partially a drafting error from when I was doing something different with the early heist. I'll fix that. I don't think the crowbar hunt is very fun or interesting because of the extended period of time players have to do it-same reason why I'm not making them harder to get in Counterfeit. Both the wolf pack maps still need tweaking, though.

The gas traps are for different purposes. The Boiling Point one is meant to force the team to split up and search the map for the trapped vent (a good team will have identified the location earlier), with an effective time limit imposed by health. The Counterfeit one is to deal with a really big problem on that map- the basement is much too defensible. Teams on both games tend to use it as a retreat spot and as a way to circumnavigate large groups of enemies. I basically needed to come up with some way to keep players out of the basement bunker and closer to spawn points/cops for extended periods of time.

That really doesn't take very long, and as I've discussed in the past, the endless heists on DV are meant to be endurance runs in a way that others aren't. I won't really be able to figure out a good amount until I have set loot values and a processing time on the printing press.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I've discussed it with a bunch of the modders, but asset replacement is still a problem. 99% of the mod is doable at this point (and some folks have offered to implement several parts of it) but it would make the vanilla game unplayable.

Tempest_56 posted:

- In the beta, turrets are amazing with reasonable investment. In the current live build, turrets need complete investment to make them kinda sorta not lousy. Fortunately, beta is going to be live soon-ish.

- Most ARs are actually pretty good. If you're ADSing a lot, the M308 is the sort of thing that never goes wrong. A lot of goons like the AMR-16, particularly with the DMR kit. I'm a fan of the AK5 and the new Bootleg myself.

I have a lot of trouble getting the Bootleg to adequate damage levels, compared with all the other really powerful guns (the M308 stands out there).
I'm starting to feel like turrets need no other major tweaks beyond reduced range and the player getting only one or two of them. As I've discussed in the past, it's really hard to balance a PvE subset where the player isn't the one doing the killing- it seems to either be OP and boring, or useless. Breaking heists into a thousand pieces is funny at first, but it gets old fast.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 19, 2016