Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Landsknecht posted:

currently GSF is alternating between controlling and not-controlling the undock of a lowsec station, and the main doctrines flown are caracals and cormorants

yeah

Pfffft. The main doctrines are Confessors and Stealth Bombers. Get it right.

Space things are still going pretty much as expected. After blobbing everyone in Eve for several years, we are now being counter blobbed and can't really do anything about it. Dropping some citadels (most of which blow up), killing what enemies we can, and dying hilariously on the undock in Saranen. (Even though we have a citadel in Saranen that everyone can base out of for a couple of weeks before it blows up) Spirits are high for everyone that doesn't play Eve just to Rat/Mine, and we're about to lose the last of our space as soon as the bad guys push us out of Pure Blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

War Eagle posted:

Pfffft. The main doctrines are Confessors and Stealth Bombers. Get it right.

Space things are still going pretty much as expected. After blobbing everyone in Eve for several years, we are now being counter blobbed and can't really do anything about it. Dropping some citadels (most of which blow up), killing what enemies we can, and dying hilariously on the undock in Saranen. (Even though we have a citadel in Saranen that everyone can base out of for a couple of weeks before it blows up) Spirits are high for everyone that doesn't play Eve just to Rat/Mine, and we're about to lose the last of our space as soon as the bad guys push us out of Pure Blind.

Okay so as expected, cool beans. I continue to eagerly anticipate having more than 30 consecutive minutes to fly spaceships.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

did gobbins ever get banned

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

ChickenWing posted:

I noticed that we've rolled grindrfleet out once or twice, how's that going?

Grindr Fleet was a part of the big battles that happened a couple of nights ago. The first night we killed carriers, T3 cruisers, and Force Auxiliary capitals while losing some Hurricanes, while Grindr Fleet was in support and didn't lose much. The next night They brought more T3 cruisers and we learned again why we don't use Grindr fleet that often!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Orange Red Bull posted:

did gobbins ever get banned

No because God is not just

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ChickenWing posted:

well that was a delight to read

"you better step off man or I'm gonna post at you so hard"

I hope space things are going better than thread things. Are we still dead/gay/winning fights? I noticed that we've rolled grindrfleet out once or twice, how's that going?

we're also bipolar

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just bought that History of Eve ebook :D Excited to being able to follow things way more than I currently can.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

It's a good book

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

I just bought that History of Eve ebook :D Excited to being able to follow things way more than I currently can.

:shobon:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Shut the gently caress up you spastic slapfighting retards jesus christ

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

VideoGames posted:

The author did a presentation at EVE Fanfest this year that goes through the first parts of the book, and if you're interested in that stuff it's pretty interesting. Link to Twitch Video starts about 5h24m in if I messed up the link.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

It is quite well written. His presentations are also fairly good too, though he stops at around the Great War which was around 6 to 7 years ago. I assume he may do a 2nd volume or whatever and cover the time between then and now but maybe not.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Siets posted:

Countless goons wished for a "return to the old days of Syndicate" when our enemies were numerous and we didn't own sov. Sometimes you get what you wish for! :shobon:

Hey man, conflict breeds innovation and change. Perhaps they'll get the intention of their wish. As soon as I can fly a goddamn Rattlesnake and fit it properly, I'll be heading down there with em if my corp doesn't stop being so boring.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ChickenWing posted:

I hope space things are going better than thread things. Are we still dead/gay/winning fights? I noticed that we've rolled grindrfleet out once or twice, how's that going?

We ate poo poo a few days ago 80-90b to 50b and the next day resumed owning destroying 90b in canes/support and losing 30b worth of CO2 nightmares (and assorted support) because GigX is a loving retard.

TL;DR- Pope Hats die to canes/bombers and Grindrfleet gets owned by T3 AHACs.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Aw, my grindr tempest is insured and I was hoping that I might eventually get to exercise that when I got back :<

luv2getreimbursed

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hole Squad remains On That Real poo poo

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

ChickenWing posted:

well that was a delight to read
"you better step off man or I'm gonna post at you so hard"

Thanks, but what exactly would you have me do there instead? I was just trying to post and chill byob style but folks trip over themselves to come at me in this thread. It's easy to say "well paco just ignore it" but these are my alliance and corpmates ignoring kayfabe and trying to get a rise out of me here of all places, just because I had the nerve to post. Isn't that what this place is for? I know I've certainly done a lot of that in the past here -- perhaps something has changed. The truth is that nothing is sacred and folks feel lovely about their own terrible lives so they think it's fun to e-bully. I don't cotton to stupid or e-bullying. I said I was trying to chill and warned people to leave me alone or I was going to clap back and I did. I've since surmised that there are no real cultural differences between the PL elite PVP assholes who poo poo all over everyone and the goonfleet assholes who poo poo all over everyone. At least panfam didn't lose all their space and become a lowsec killmail garden and I've never seen PL say they were going to create content for their members by turtling up. Basically though it's two heads on the same stupid ugly dog when you get down to the human quality of the actual people involved.

And before any of you tell me to shut the gently caress up, remember that civility is a two way street. I was trying to say just leave me alone and let me post my musings about EVE appros to the thread and that would have been that. Coming at me just means I'm going to come back at you. I don't really understand what is so hard to understand about that honestly. So the way I see it is we have two options here -- either we can all post in peace and harmony or I can keep eating probations from poor VG who just wants a chill thread. So my vote is for chill thread. Leave me alone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Paco Vato posted:

angry words.

I'm new here, but I imagine you've spent most of your Goon career on probation with skin that thin.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Paco Vato posted:

I don't cotton to stupid
hmmmm

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Paco Vato posted:

Thanks, but what exactly would you have me do there instead? I was just trying to post and chill byob style but folks trip over themselves to come at me in this thread. It's easy to say "well paco just ignore it" but these are my alliance and corpmates ignoring kayfabe and trying to get a rise out of me here of all places, just because I had the nerve to post. Isn't that what this place is for? I know I've certainly done a lot of that in the past here -- perhaps something has changed. The truth is that nothing is sacred and folks feel lovely about their own terrible lives so they think it's fun to e-bully. I don't cotton to stupid or e-bullying. I said I was trying to chill and warned people to leave me alone or I was going to clap back and I did. I've since surmised that there are no real cultural differences between the PL elite PVP assholes who poo poo all over everyone and the goonfleet assholes who poo poo all over everyone. At least panfam didn't lose all their space and become a lowsec killmail garden and I've never seen PL say they were going to create content for their members by turtling up. Basically though it's two heads on the same stupid ugly dog when you get down to the human quality of the actual people involved.

And before any of you tell me to shut the gently caress up, remember that civility is a two way street. I was trying to say just leave me alone and let me post my musings about EVE appros to the thread and that would have been that. Coming at me just means I'm going to come back at you. I don't really understand what is so hard to understand about that honestly. So the way I see it is we have two options here -- either we can all post in peace and harmony or I can keep eating probations from poor VG who just wants a chill thread. So my vote is for chill thread. Leave me alone.

:lurkmore:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

You do realize that, while at first people may have been telling you to shut up because lol gf.com meme, now people are telling you to shut up because you have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a terrible word-salad thin-skin poster. Please, please either put on your posting armour and stop giving a poo poo about words on the internet or continue eating increasingly longer probations so that we only have to listen to your insane frothing as infrequently as possible

thanks and god bless :angel:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
man who definitely does not need to be the center of attention: STOP COMING AT ME STOP COMING AT ME STOP COMING AT ME EVERYONE ILL COME AT YOU REALLY HARD IF YOU DONT STOP YOU ALL NEED TO BE NICE TO ME I HAVE A DISEASE WHERE I WRITE WAY TOO MANY WORDS AND MY SKIN IS SO THIN ITS SEE THROUGH

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Siets posted:

Countless goons wished for a "return to the old days of Syndicate" when our enemies were numerous and we didn't own sov. Sometimes you get what you wish for! :shobon:

No, it was countless pubbies wanted a return to the old days.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Shut the gently caress up paco

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Zaradis posted:

I'm new here, but I imagine you've spent most of your Goon career on probation with skin that thin.

I've been probated like... 4 times or something. Nothing longer than a couple of weeks. I don't really agree that coming back at people coming at you is the mark of someone having thin skin. It's asserting myself as not being the one. I think I've made that clear, but please let's test the theory out because that has sure been fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi9y5-Vo61w

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCDPlU6ioZU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Shut the gently caress up paco. It's not a meme, you're just a terrible poster.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Paco Vato posted:

I've been probated like... 4 times or something. Nothing longer than a couple of weeks. I don't really agree that coming back at people coming at you is the mark of someone having thin skin. It's asserting myself as not being the one. I think I've made that clear, but please let's test the theory out because that has sure been fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi9y5-Vo61w

Shut the gently caress up paco, we all know you're a bitch rear end ain't gone do poo poo rear end mother fucker.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

man who definitely does not need to be the center of attention: STOP COMING AT ME STOP COMING AT ME STOP COMING AT ME EVERYONE ILL COME AT YOU REALLY HARD IF YOU DONT STOP YOU ALL NEED TO BE NICE TO ME I HAVE A DISEASE WHERE I WRITE WAY TOO MANY WORDS AND MY SKIN IS SO THIN ITS SEE THROUGH

Um when have I ever tried to be the center of attention? I mean ever. I literally just got done saying I want to chillpost and enjoy the thread and asked folks -- like you -- to sort of respect that and leave it alone. The biggest reason I clap back at people is it makes me uncomfortable that I don't have a safespace in which to post without being poo poo on constantly.

ChickenWing posted:

at first people may have been telling you to shut up because lol gf.com meme

That's the thing - that shouldn't have carried over here in the first place because just like the meme when people tell me to shut up I typically disagree and voice such disagreement. To that end though I will lurk more so that people will just forget that I'm here and talk about other stuff because cripes this thread is terrible now and that's not all on me guys. Sorry you're going to have to take some responsibility for sort of poking the bear here. Just leave me be is really all I'm asking. It's not a thin-skin thing it's a "health of the thread" thing and there's a real difference.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
fyi paco be prepared for another year of haze

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Paco Vato posted:

Um when have I ever tried to be the center of attention? I mean ever. I literally just got done saying I want to chillpost and enjoy the thread and asked folks -- like you -- to sort of respect that and leave it alone. The biggest reason I clap back at people is it makes me uncomfortable that I don't have a safespace in which to post without being poo poo on constantly.

you never will, that's my promise and my guarantee

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
If I spent the last year just being hazed and not having any fun I would have peaced out from the game. I'm still having fun and if my skin was sooooo thin don't you think I would have taken my ball and gone somewhere else by now? I'm not thin skinned, but I'm also not some beta rear end bitch either.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
no yeah you are, you are exactly the thing you keep describing

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Paco Vato posted:

That's the thing - that shouldn't have carried over here in the first place because just like the meme when people tell me to shut up I typically disagree and voice such disagreement. To that end though I will lurk more so that people will just forget that I'm here and talk about other stuff because cripes this thread is terrible now and that's not all on me guys. Sorry you're going to have to take some responsibility for sort of poking the bear here. Just leave me be is really all I'm asking. It's not a thin-skin thing it's a "health of the thread" thing and there's a real difference.

Yes the thing that happens a lot on the gf.com forums will surely not happen a lot on the forums from which gf.com draws a substantial portion of its membership, no sir

in before "huurrrr goons aren't a substantial portion of gf.com membership :downs:"

For real though paco you gotta get a handle on SA culture because loving lol if you think people aren't going to take every chance to pile on the thin-skinned badposter.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

you never will, that's my promise and my guarantee

no yeah you are, you are exactly the thing you keep describing

You done? Because you sound like a hateful petulant child. Shut the gently caress up paco? How about shut the gently caress up deadtear for once? Really you are more of an instigator than anyone else here, and you look pathetic constantly doing it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
remember when you asked when you had to be the center of attention

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Paco Vato posted:

The biggest reason I clap back at people is it makes me uncomfortable that I don't have a safespace in which to post without being poo poo on constantly.

Paco Vato posted:

I'm not thin skinned, but I'm also not some beta rear end bitch either.

:nallears:

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I can only imagine how many mercy killings this thread has narrowly survived but lol if it finally gets done in by paco vato :gas:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

ChickenWing posted:

For real though paco you gotta get a handle on SA culture because loving lol if you think people aren't going to take every chance to pile on the thin-skinned badposter.

The thing that people don't seem to understand is that I have a very good handle on SA culture, have a long history here, and don't typically post in places where appropriate longer posting is seen as bad so am not seen as a bad poster. The way I handled it on gf.com was to come back at people for a while and then stop. That way people knew I would come back at them if properly provoked, but I didn't let myself get provoked each and every time. It's the same here, but I needed to do a bit of recap for those watching along at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Paco Vato posted:

The thing that people don't seem to understand is that I have a very good handle on SA culture

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Locked thread