Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Dogen posted:

Man I would love a set but I would settle for a Müller.

I ended up with two of him, so if you can't get your hands on a full set I'll set him aside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man I really want the American Indian lady with the papoose but I could not feel the bag out for the life of me.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I discovered that I'm awful at feeling bags.

My local place has Series 13 (which has far more desirable figs, at least to me), and I got the Fencer, Goblin, Alien, and the disco guy. Much nicer than my CMF 15 pulls, but I do love me some Shark Guy.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I ended up with a couple hours to kill in town the other day and just happened to find myself in the Lego store and as it was the May 4th promotion thought it would be rude not to take advantage and bought Poe's X-Wing, which I'd been eyeing up for a while. I was disappointed with the wings, as googling tells me many were, but also found it really easy to rebuild them in a much more authentic style straight out of the box. Slightly baffled why they didn't do it originally with how easy it was to make the change.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Butterfly Valley posted:

I ended up with a couple hours to kill in town the other day and just happened to find myself in the Lego store and as it was the May 4th promotion thought it would be rude not to take advantage and bought Poe's X-Wing, which I'd been eyeing up for a while. I was disappointed with the wings, as googling tells me many were, but also found it really easy to rebuild them in a much more authentic style straight out of the box. Slightly baffled why they didn't do it originally with how easy it was to make the change.

Did you follow any instructions on rebuilding the wings? I'm trying to build that model out of stuff in my bigass Lego bucket instead of buying it, and I might as well mess with it while I'm at it

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

It's coming :getin:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Not even the whole building? Aww, swizz.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Get hyped! I need to know the footprint, will it be wall mountable or too wide? (Can't read the numbers in the picture)

Also footballer update: I should be able to ship out one full set plus individual extras. But please wait for my confirmation before getting too hyped, haven't sorted it all out yet.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 13:39 on May 19, 2016

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

FadingChord posted:

It's coming :getin:

Nice. Of course the clock works.

I like that tree in the park next to it as well.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Aledgedly it is 20 cm wide and 60 cm high. Which would just fit the base on a shelf. However, that may only be the tower.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
That's not Big Ben, that's the Palace of Westminster :engleft:
gently caress me that looks nice though. And I just bought Tower Bridge, too.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I already have the tower bridge on the wall, this will be next. I just sent the pics to the GF and all she returned was "WANT!", so this will be bought ASAP.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

The official announcement, including video, is out.

23” (60cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep, for the record.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Van Dis posted:

I've got a jewel thief I'd be happy trade for the pig guy. Email me at laws at wddp dot org.

Awesome.
I'll email you tonight. I've been pretty busy the last two days.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

FadingChord posted:

The official announcement, including video, is out.

23” (60cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep, for the record.

Awesome. Pro Tip: If you need a minimal shelf to hold it on the wall, this Ikea one for 10 GBP/EUR will do: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90282180/
I have the Tower Bridge on a similar one.

What's with the black Lego tools they included in the pic? Weird.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Hopper posted:

What's with the black Lego tools they included in the pic? Weird.

I don't know but if you watch the Bricks Magazine video the pre-release version of the set he built has them too. When the set is done they're all piled in front of his laptop.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Looks great, but my fingertips hurt just thinking about the build.

Straightening all those little detail pieces :suicide:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Plastik posted:

I don't know but if you watch the Bricks Magazine video the pre-release version of the set he built has them too. When the set is done they're all piled in front of his laptop.

The pieces used to make the clock hands come from the same mold as the rest of the various little tools, and so whenever a set includes one, it includes the others as well because you can't make one without making the others at the same time. In this case several (at least 8) wrenches are used, and so the set comes with at least 8 complete sets of tools.

Drider-Man
Jan 30, 2007

Drider-Man, Drider-Man
Does some things that a drider can.
Can he swing from a web?
Ask your DM
Does anyone have a spare s11 barbarian for sale? I found that I like minifigs for D&D since I can customize them more that traditional minis. I'm also looking for shields as well.

I'd also probably be interested in one of the German soccer minis if all of the ones picked up have not been claimed yet.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
for $249 I'm definitely picking that up. Shows you just much of a premium the GB Firehouse has, $100 more for 500 more pieces. The working clock is just too cool to pass up.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

checksin posted:

Did you follow any instructions on rebuilding the wings? I'm trying to build that model out of stuff in my bigass Lego bucket instead of buying it, and I might as well mess with it while I'm at it

I just took them apart and winged it (hah).

There's a couple things I'd do differently with access to more pieces, like having the leading edges of the lower s-foils being straight rather than tapering, but otherwise I think it's an improvement.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 19, 2016

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Ok confirmation: I have enough footballers to send out one complete set.
To keep it fair, I will check which foreign goon was the first to express interest in a full set ITT and see if they still want it. If not I will ask the next in line.
It is pretty late and I will be busy tomorrow/Saturday, so I will go through this thread Sunday to see who it was.

I will figure out shipping options and prices and will ship it at cost+shipping. However, work is crazy and taxes are due, so it may take a bit to figure the shipping out and send the stuff. I will do it though.

I also have some extras, I will post a list Sunday.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
For those of you in the Seattle area, the Fred Meyer in Renton has 4 boxes of the Disney figs that are barely touched. I only grabbed a small handful for my wife and I, so go nuts.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mr. Yuk posted:

For those of you in the Seattle area, the Fred Meyer in Renton has 4 boxes of the Disney figs that are barely touched. I only grabbed a small handful for my wife and I, so go nuts.

Target Northgate has like a 3-trough endcap thing nearly full.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Yuk posted:

So many Seattle Lego Goons!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Hopper posted:

Ok confirmation: I have enough footballers to send out one complete set.
To keep it fair, I will check which foreign goon was the first to express interest in a full set ITT and see if they still want it. If not I will ask the next in line.
It is pretty late and I will be busy tomorrow/Saturday, so I will go through this thread Sunday to see who it was.

I will figure out shipping options and prices and will ship it at cost+shipping. However, work is crazy and taxes are due, so it may take a bit to figure the shipping out and send the stuff. I will do it though.

I also have some extras, I will post a list Sunday.

I wanna say it was me, way back when we first learned about them. And I'm still interested in a full set.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I just picked up a full box of football figs, so I hope that means 3 sets + 12 spares. I'll go through it tonight to double check and see if I can finish a set with the spares I still have from my set, and post a list.

who else had wanted a set?

Ika fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 20, 2016

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

kefkafloyd posted:

for $249 I'm definitely picking that up. Shows you just much of a premium the GB Firehouse has, $100 more for 500 more pieces. The working clock is just too cool to pass up.

I wouldn't go as far as "working clock". Both hands spun at the same speed.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Ika posted:

I just picked up a full box of football figs, so I hope that means 3 sets + 12 spares. I'll go through it tonight to double check and see if I can finish a set with the spares I still have from my set, and post a list.

who else had wanted a set?

I did.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Fayez Butts posted:

I wouldn't go as far as "working clock". Both hands spun at the same speed.

Yeah, I was mildly let down after reading "working clock" too.Looks like there's plenty of space to put actual mechanisms in there though, maybe on all four sides even.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Ok, you, presumably dogen still wants a set as well, once he confirms I'll open the box and go through and see if I have enough for a third or fourth set.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yeah, I was mildly let down after reading "working clock" too.Looks like there's plenty of space to put actual mechanisms in there though, maybe on all four sides even.

I am sure someone will mod it and post instruction in a brick forum as soon as it is out. I would definitely try to if I had any idea how.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Hopper posted:

I am sure someone will mod it and post instruction in a brick forum as soon as it is out. I would definitely try to if I had any idea how.

You'd have to change the pieces used for the hands. As it is I don't think they can move independently.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Most likely have to use actual clock hands

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Oh, I thought I saw them moving independently in the video but I must have been mistaken. I does seem kinda far fetched, I don't think there are any bricks that small which would allow it.

Still looks really good, plus I got to learn the actual name of the clock tower.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Ika posted:

Ok, you, presumably dogen still wants a set as well, once he confirms I'll open the box and go through and see if I have enough for a third or fourth set.

Yes please kind sir.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Oh, I thought I saw them moving independently in the video but I must have been mistaken. I does seem kinda far fetched, I don't think there are any bricks that small which would allow it.

Still looks really good, plus I got to learn the actual name of the clock tower.

Aw man, that's kind of a drag. On the other hand, modding in a true working clock can't be that hard, even if it means using a non-lego clock to make it happen.

I love the reverse-printed clear dish for the clock face.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Found a closeup of the clock face: http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/lego-big-ben-800x420.jpg ( Original Article ). Looks like a minifig socket/breaker bar piece and a closed end wrench, definitely not automated hand movement.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
If you watch the designer video there's a 2x2 disc on the outside you turn to make all 4 clocks move. Just attach something to that on the outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
High speed motor, make those bastards spin.