Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

you know it's hit peak when church of misery does a song about ted cruz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

TollTheHounds posted:

Inquisition song premiere from their new album

:frogsiren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGdbsGFrvbY :frogsiren:

You can pre-order from Season of Mist, including Inquisition's usual Limited Edition Goat or Cow Leather Sleeve Double LP :derp:

http://shopusa.season-of-mist.com/pre-order

Awesome.

I saw Suffocation last night and they slayed! It was my first time ever seeing them. I didn't even know Kevin Talley was their current drummer, so that was a great surprise.

I thought Battlecross would be cheesy as hell, but they were only tongue-in-cheek cheesy and put on a great show - definitely seeing them again if they come around. All you fun-loving metal types should check them out.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

As to quote John Boehner, Lucifer in the Flesh. Defiantly can make an entire concept album behind that statement.

TollTheHounds posted:

Inquisition song premiere from their new album

:frogsiren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGdbsGFrvbY :frogsiren:

You can pre-order from Season of Mist, including Inquisition's usual Limited Edition Goat or Cow Leather Sleeve Double LP :derp:

http://shopusa.season-of-mist.com/pre-order

Cannot wait for this either, Dagon creates some awesome riffs. Sounds a lot more frantic but I like it. GET DEM VIBRATOS

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 19, 2016

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

MrBling posted:

He kicked his heroin habit and became a born again christian.

Killing for religion
Something I now endorse

edit: wait I have a better one

You either die a Cliff or live long enough to see yourself become Dave Mustaine

02-6611-0142-1 fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 19, 2016

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Killing for religion
Something I now endorse

edit: wait I have a better one

masterwork

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Vulture Culture posted:

I guess if there's one positive thing to come from the Trump campaign, it's that we might actually see political music in America having some teeth again.

NSBM is already going strong my man

TollTheHounds posted:

My Inquisition fanboyism almost eclipses Abbath, so I am seriously pumped. I just dropped like $150 to pre-order the Goat leather double lp, 2 t shirts, digibox, and LP slipmat - I'm basically Season of Mist's #1 customer sucker. I didn't even want the shirts but you can't pre-order the digibox or the goat leather LP's individually. :shrug:

For anyone on the fence about pre-ordering any of their limited edition stuff, the Goat/Cow leather sleeve LP's are worth crazy (to me) $$'s. The Goat leather sleeve bundle for Obscure Verses... sells for anywhere from $130-200 USD: https://www.discogs.com/Inquisition-Obscure-Verses-For-The-Multiverse/release/5014635

It's like buying stocks, good ROI if you ever want to sell.

I always wondered who was falling for season of mist's ridiculous gimmick of selling 1000 different editions of each release with a bunch of crap that no one needs included.

A human heart fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 19, 2016

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

comes along bort posted:

He made more sense when he was using crack in his speedballs.

one of his signature guitars literally had an 8-ball as an inlay

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Found out that Blackwater Park was pulled from Spotify right at the time that I wanted to listen to it on a rainy/misty drive through some trees.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
poo poo like that is why I'm dreading the day my iPod dies or is stolen.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 19, 2016

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

A human heart posted:

I always wondered who was falling for season of mist's ridiculous gimmick of selling 1000 different editions of each release with a bunch of crap that no one needs included.

It's true, it's to catch suckers like me. Although I would argue that the shirts are useless crap no one needs ( I suppose anything other than a disc/download/LP is useless though ), I mean what adult walks around with a metal shirt on unless they're at a show, and even then why bother unless you are 18? You're already at the show, so everyone already knows you most probably like the music, so what is the point in advertising it.

However, I will totally put that slipmat on my record player 24/7, appreciate the detail in that Goat Leather LP sleeve when I listen to it, and leave the patch/flag in the digibox to be viewed once and never again.

The Goat Leather sleeve alone just makes financial sense - it's an investment!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I wear metal shirts to work several times a week, so me I guess

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Also me most of the time I'm not at work v:shobon:v

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
My identity is entirely tied up in making sure other males pick up my outward projection of adolescent power fantasies, so I wear metal band shirts pretty much constantly

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

and

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

:sbahj:

Whenever I see someone who is obviously a metal fan start to make a political statement I wince preemptively.

I still wear my Agalloch shirts, although for obvious reasons my Down shirt is now out of rotation. Which sucks, because I used to love it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

My wardrobe is entirely band t-shirts and jeans. :black101:

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I wore metal t-shirts back when I was a 15 year old baby that wanted to project how unique and cool I was... I don't think it worked...

edit: not to slight you metal shirt wearers, I was just a douche

velvet milkman fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 19, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I wear shirts of bands I like because I like the bands.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I wear armor made of goat skin record sleeves and imagine that I'm in Carnivore. AIn't nothing like walking into Radio Shack and shouting "greetings and felicitations, children of technology!"

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I wear shirts of bands I like because I like the bands.
Same. Plus if I buy a band shirt in the first place, it's also because I like how it looks.

loving lol @ anyone who thinks being a grown-up hinges on what kinda shirts you wear.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

Vulture Culture posted:

My identity is entirely tied up in making sure other males pick up my outward projection of adolescent power fantasies, so I wear metal band shirts pretty much constantly

Exactly.

In other news, Inquisition are great:

Inquisition FB page posted:

Allow for imagination and vision to be your tool due to a limited space for explaining in full detail. Two opposites fight for space and time as the bird headed cosmic eagle god attacks the enemy of our dimension, pressuring him towards the unseen horizons in a struggle that predates our own creation.
Inquisition chose an illustrative form of art within a classic style rooted in the old classics of the culture, and genre, of Black Metal in tribute to its roots. We chose a new artist with a low profile as usual to show our support for the future generation of our scene Above Chaos
The title shows a descriptive nature of a greater realm, and theme, that is multi layered and demands a lengthy title that carries profound meaning which goes beyond a mythological plain, traveling deep into the core of the mind and soul which is an extension of our outer space; our microcosm. Once again the parallel, the battlefield of the gods of space and time extend their bloodshed into our dimension, we do the same among ourselves and the mind too repeats natures course of a battle of opposites. The quantum mechanics are the gods and demons of the all, the everything and the trails of blood from these battles keep the universe together and also expand it into new territories as in dark matter and dark energy unite and also expand.

In OTHER news, Hail Spirit Noir released the album title/art work for the new album coming soon:

http://www.darkessencerecords.no/20...upcoming-album/

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I used to wear metal shirts because I was getting way too much pussy and my doctor told me I needed to cut down or my dick would fall off.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I'm married, work from home, and have shitloads of metal shirts so I save a lot of money on buying clothes that I can then spend on metal to listen to (and more metal shirts to wear). I'm also not a false, so I wear metal shirts all the time.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

comes along bort posted:

I used to wear metal shirts because I was getting way too much pussy and my doctor told me I needed to cut down or my dick would fall off.

Replace metal shirts with Doge meme shirts and you'll go full incel. It worked for me.

Hypnosia
Mar 4, 2004

Gjalar Cock
New Kvelertak is pretty good. Didn't even realize they had a new one coming out. I only have one remaining metal tshirt, my Cirith Ungol Frost and Fire tee. Wear it all the time.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I oftenly wear metal shirts in my spare time, much to the chagrin of my wife. I like the way it looks so it just feels most comfortable. While I am not considered fat I do tend to grow a belly, somehow I have the weird conception that a black band shirt looks rather ok on a guy with a bit of a belly. Yes, I am a sad case perhaps. At the office I most of the time just wear polo's or dress shirts (black though, I just feel more comfortable wearin black or at least dark coloured) because I can't come over as a juvenile jackass (i'm 40) when negotiating with all kinds of people about tax debts but when I really feel brave and obstinate I sometimes wear a band shirt at the office, mostly towards the weekends.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I have 20+ band shirts that I wear regularly for no particular reason, am I doing it wrong?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Varg posted:

I have 20+ band shirts that I wear regularly for no particular reason, am I doing it wrong?

Wear them all at once.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Varg posted:

...Are you me?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Metal shirts are only for lifting and getting swole. Sorry.

Zero.
Apr 21, 2014

Varg posted:

I never considered them being anything special I just wear them because they look fabulous on me. That being said I feel like every guy I see wearing a Pantera shirt is fat.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
My metal shirts are just so comfortable after years of wear, and even though we are now mandated to have on work uniforms at my job, I never actually see anyone that matters or would dime on me to upper management, so I just show up in jeans and metal t-shirts like I always have. :v: Being a trucker rules.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i only look normal in a metal shirt

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Zero. posted:

That being said I feel like every guy I see wearing a Pantera shirt is fat.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
i got an extra hearty laugh from a guy writing about metal fashion complaining about someone having awkward and outdated tastes

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I wear the shirts in the hopes that the bands somehow get more popular and then when they do I shun them for having sold out.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

TollTheHounds posted:

It's true, it's to catch suckers like me. Although I would argue that the shirts are useless crap no one needs ( I suppose anything other than a disc/download/LP is useless though ), I mean what adult walks around with a metal shirt on unless they're at a show, and even then why bother unless you are 18? You're already at the show, so everyone already knows you most probably like the music, so what is the point in advertising it.

However, I will totally put that slipmat on my record player 24/7, appreciate the detail in that Goat Leather LP sleeve when I listen to it, and leave the patch/flag in the digibox to be viewed once and never again.

The Goat Leather sleeve alone just makes financial sense - it's an investment!

It's pretty weird to go off on some tangent about shirts when I was talking about all the other stuff like packaging variations, coasters, etc

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

TollTheHounds posted:

I mean what adult walks around with a metal shirt on unless they're at a show, and even then why bother unless you are 18?
Hello. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I might wear more metal shirts if they didn't all have that same crappy billowing fit and thick black material (cotton?). They aren't real flattering to my statuesque body (they have statues of skinny out of shape guys right?)