Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

This prophecy idea is really cool sounding, a lot like darkshrines.

And the performance upgrades god drat.

quote:

Game assets are now loaded in the background as you play, making loading screens faster. You can now load to the login screen in less than a second on an SSD hard drive (two seconds on a non-SSD). Path of Exile 2.3.0 also uses far less memory than before, eliminating all out-of-memory crashes (which were most frequent on 32-bit systems).

We've replaced Path of Exile's audio system. This not only improves audio performance but gives our audio engineers powerful tools to make Path of Exile sound better than ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Katasi posted:

But they added map trials, which doesn't really excite me.

Yeah, locking more points in behind maps might not be cool by GGG. Will see how it pans out but I think I agree.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

prophecy league sounds cool i am excited

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Touchdown Boy posted:

Yeah, locking more points in behind maps might not be cool by GGG. Will see how it pans out but I think I agree.

I think it'd be okay if they also tone down the Cruel/Merc labs, making them something you can actually do without overlevelling passed their difficulties, and then giving you another tier to work towards after you've done Merciless and are working you way up in levels/gear/map tiers.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I was expecting this league to be a bit of a letdown comparatively. Excited as hell now.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the trap damage mechanics and Izaro fights (mostly how bursty Izaro can be, but also a few of the 1st and 2nd fight gimmics) all needs looked at.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i was disappointed when i ran out of steam before getting 36 challenges for the gold portals but now i will be crushed if i dont get the monkey pet :(

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I think it'd be okay if they also tone down the Cruel/Merc labs, making them something you can actually do without overlevelling passed their difficulties, and then giving you another tier to work towards after you've done Merciless and are working you way up in levels/gear/map tiers.

Yeah, especially Merc. This must mean a bit of a nerf to the skills then since you are now going to be able to get more of them I guess? I also think giving people more points runs the risk of removing a bit of choice each ascendency class (though admittedly some have very obvious choices already).

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Trap interaction with ES is being looked at apparently, and the're reworking the ascendancies based off perandus league usage, so I think it'll be fine. Game's still fun even when unbalanced though so i dont really care either way.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

NecroMonster posted:

the trap damage mechanics and Izaro fights (mostly how bursty Izaro can be, but also a few of the 1st and 2nd fight gimmics) all needs looked at.

gently caress Charge Conduits forever.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Othertimes, the Prophecy is the reward: "Monstrous Treasure" fills the map with Strongboxes rather than monsters.

:captainpop:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the elemental essences and curse pylons are also total god damned fuckers, but those are a lot more build specific than the "gently caress you in the rear end" conduits

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
In my experience getting the capstone at 4 ascendancy points was the main power boost for many builds, and points 5 and 6 were just gravy. Being able to get two capstone makes completing labyrinths higher than cruel much more appealing now.

whypick1 posted:

gently caress Charge Conduits forever.

Some levers, better press them all! Wait what happens now? poo poo...

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

You really don't know how bad the lab is until you try to carry a (bad player) friend through it.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

You really don't know how bad the lab is until you try to carry a (bad player) friend through it.

But I still love you (and want you to do it again next league)

J
Jun 10, 2001

Prophecy league sounds pretty great. I wonder if there is going to be an uber version of that council fight.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

J posted:

Prophecy league sounds pretty great. I wonder if there is going to be an uber version of that council fight.

I'm sure there will be, you just have to go to the normal Pale Council and offer them Crown of the Pale King.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Awesome! posted:

i was disappointed when i ran out of steam before getting 36 challenges for the gold portals but now i will be crushed if i dont get the monkey pet :(

on the opposite end monkey pet looks dumb

Touchdown Boy posted:

As long as you can still get to and do maps with 6 points it will be fine. Oh no you have to play a part of the game to get something. woe is me!!

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Awesome! posted:

Next time you buy points to purchase something, buy them with "karma koins" instead of just directly through the ggg website, and you get the coolest portal ever for free.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
8 Ascendancy points? What the actual gently caress? :psyduck:

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Bluemillion posted:

8 Ascendancy points? What the actual gently caress? :psyduck:

I really like that change because it will balance out all the other classes vs ascendant. Everyone else gets a fourth keystone, ascendant just gets a new starting point.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

can i do that if i play through steam?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
prophecy looks really loving awesome

Hauki
May 11, 2010

killstealing posted:

prophecy looks really loving awesome
Yeah, I was kinda thinking about sitting this league out but all that definitely rekindled my interest. Sounds sweet.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Katasi posted:

I really like that change because it will balance out all the other classes vs ascendant. Everyone else gets a fourth keystone, ascendant just gets a new starting point.

Or 2 extra skill points after the 3 points capstones.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012
Hopefully we can get an idea of what the asscendancy class balances are before the league starts. There were some cool ideas in some of the less popular classes.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Wow I am seriously considering just remaking Jeb and doing Poisonquake again, I am super excited for the new league.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Bugsy, up for taking a run at Atziri sometime in the next week or so?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
All I can think of which of the many trash vendor-tier uniques are going to come with unique mechanical improvements in their upgraded version, and in what way I can hipster-ize the gently caress out of said mechanics. If GGG just keep releasing expansions like this i'll never get bored of the game just because of the billion and one builds you can come up with.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
You can now load to the login screen in less than a second on an SSD hard drive * instantly ages to a skeleton and falls apart*

J
Jun 10, 2001

soscannonballs posted:

Wow I am seriously considering just remaking Jeb and doing Poisonquake again, I am super excited for the new league.

I actually tried your build just to fool around with it a little bit on the 2 week league, got up to level 65 or so. I quite liked it. Which ascendancy node do you think you'd pick up with the extra 2 points? With the doubled armor from chest node I'm trying to figure out the merits between kaom's, a lightning coil, or just a big 2k+ armor rare chestpiece. But the unyielding node doesn't look bad either.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

With the extra 2 points I will take the double chest armour/stun immune node, unless the Fortify node gets a large buff. Due to the high number of endurance charges, fortify, and AA, physical damage isn't really a problem even in high level maps, but the Stun Immunity will free up one passive point and the extra armour will help against Labyrinth traps when you don't have endurance charges up. I wouldn't really consider any chest armour other than Kaom's, since you get so much life from the passive tree and you don't need the sockets.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
The only thing I'm worried about is how hard/expensive good gear is going to be to find.

Cadiro spoiled me something fierce :v:

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Does anyone still need Perandus Manor? I'm thinking of buying one and would be down to split it if anyone wants to buy a portal.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

on the opposite end monkey pet looks dumb

As long as you can still get to and do maps with 6 points it will be fine. Oh no you have to play a part of the game to get something. woe is me!!

The reason this is could be an issue is because a decent percent of the playerbase do not map very much if at all. Locking away content might not be the best idea.

It wont affect me in the slightest because I do map, but its usually considered nice if content is available to everyone.

It will mean either mappers get even greater advantages or possibly that the extra 2 points will not power your character very much. Both are a bit meh.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

how can these guys put out such cool stuff each league, while D3 is just a few changes to start a new season? this poo poo looks awesome.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

queeb posted:

how can these guys put out such cool stuff each league, while D3 is just a few changes to start a new season? this poo poo looks awesome.

They're a small (though getting a lot larger) team that is directly invested in their playerbase. If they make unpopular enough changes or go too long without releasing new content, their playerbase leaves and stops spending money on those sweet, sweet microtransactions.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

J posted:

I actually tried your build just to fool around with it a little bit on the 2 week league, got up to level 65 or so. I quite liked it. Which ascendancy node do you think you'd pick up with the extra 2 points? With the doubled armor from chest node I'm trying to figure out the merits between kaom's, a lightning coil, or just a big 2k+ armor rare chestpiece. But the unyielding node doesn't look bad either.

That double armour node with Bramblejack Mk. II :sax:

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

The March Hare posted:

Does anyone still need Perandus Manor? I'm thinking of buying one and would be down to split it if anyone wants to buy a portal.
I'm sure there is interest (of which I am amoungst)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

The March Hare posted:

I would like to get in on this

regulargonzalez posted:

Bugsy, up for taking a run at Atziri sometime in the next week or so?

And this. I still have 3-4 full sets (assuming you're not talking Uber)

• Locked thread