Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Hommando posted:

But it hasn't been shut down.

I was trying it out the other day and there weren't even orange messages. I searched online and apparently it's been down for weeks and the only way to do multiplayer stuff now is through 3rd party tools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Moonlight Greatsword scaling is now B.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4k6jjf/fp_point_changes_107/
FP Changes

Soul Greatsword 28 -> 23
Farron Flashsword 5 -> 4
SS 40 -> 32
CSS 55 -> 46
CHSM 53 -> 43

Lightning Spear 27 -> 23
G Lightning Spear 38 -> 32
Sunlight Spear 60 -> 42
Lightning Stake 50 -> 34
Lightning Storm 50 -> 36
Vow of Silence 40 -> 35
Dorhys' Gnaw 24 -> 20

Great Chaos Fire Orb 25 -> 32
Great Combustion 20 -> 17
Iron Flesh 45 -> 40
Black Flame 28 -> 25

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

turtlecrunch posted:

Great Chaos Fire Orb 25 -> 32

noooooo now i can only cast 6 of them instead of 8

edit:
lol i just realized this puts it 3 fp less than forbidden sun, making forbidden sun even more useless now

or rather i guess just highlighting the uselessness of it moreso

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 20, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
1,000 HP

"I've finally gotten a handle on these red eye-wait, hubris.... okay things are fine. Everything is fine. I'll just finish with a trade hit when I won't recoil off a pillar- Hey that's not Sacred Oath"

YOU DIED

On the bright side a bit earlier than that, I got Outrider armor on the first shot :buddy:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 20, 2016

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

turtlecrunch posted:

Sunlight Spear 60 -> 42
Lightning Stake 50 -> 34

OH BABY

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
joy i can slowly cast even more

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fereydun posted:

noooooo now i can only cast 6 of them instead of 8

edit:
lol i just realized this puts it 3 fp less than forbidden sun, making forbidden sun even more useless now

or rather i guess just highlighting the uselessness of it moreso

Forbidden sun is a PvP spell, where the fast projectile speed is actually useful. Great chaos fireball is still just as good though as the lingering lava pool can gently caress with dodging.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah those are huge.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Forbidden sun is a PvP spell, where the fast projectile speed is actually useful. Great chaos fireball is still just as good though as the lingering lava pool can gently caress with dodging.
i dunno, i've yet to really see it or use it in any way that makes it superior to chaos orb besides obvious stuff like throwing them into a guy's back which chaos orb is still better at anyways

running up behind someone and just throwing fireballs at them until they die is real fun no matter the situation

host tryin' to honor duel a red?

nah eat this 600 damage fireball

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010

oh no no no sweet jesus my baby boy what happened oh god oh no

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:nws: tag that please I cannot unsee

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
"Tears of Denial"

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Is it possible to make miracles work late game for PvE? I am SL 180 in NG++ right now and I want to cosplay the Nameless King

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Pure faith works kind of bad because nameless king, dragonslayer and the final boss are immune to lightning. If youre willing to invest in a physical stat + buff the weapon with your faith stat then it can work fine though. Like normal enemies in the late game are mostly not immune or very weak to lightning so itll work fine for the most part. Youll just hit a bottleneck at 3 late game bosses.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Iretep posted:

Pure faith works kind of bad because nameless king, dragonslayer and the final boss are immune to lightning. If youre willing to invest in a physical stat + buff the weapon with your faith stat then it can work fine though. Like normal enemies in the late game are mostly not immune or very weak to lightning so itll work fine for the most part. Youll just hit a bottleneck at 3 late game bosses.

The amusing thing about the nameless king fight is that even though he is highly lightning resistant, the first phase is super weak to lightning. In NG+ with my quality build, the Dragonslayer Swordspear L2 did 1500 damage to the king of the storm. I'm not too stressed about the last couple bosses being lightning resistant, I'll probably just kill them with my dark sword and pretend I'm quality for a minute.

I'm thinking of going 40 strength/40 dex with 60 faith, then as much vitality is needed to use the nameless king's armour with the swordspear. What chime and rings should I be using?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
just to point out that im in ng++ and i only have 50 in str, 40 in faith and 40/40 in health and endurance so doing that will take a long time. Yorshka's Chime is the best regular miracle catalyst above 50 faith. Caithas is best for dark miracles but they all suck so why bother using that.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

atastypie posted:

Thanks for the DS2 advice. Having a +4 rapier before fighting the last giant was pretty incredible. 2 stabbing all the hollow soldiers :cool:

You should try out the Old Leo Ring with that. If I recall correctly, 2's counterattack window is incredibly generous, pretty much covering the entirety of every enemy's attack animation, both wind-up and recoil. Since enemies almost never stop swinging at you, it's basically a constant damage bonus.

Cyberventurer fucked around with this message at 11:26 on May 20, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cyberventurer posted:

You should try out the Old Leo Ring with that. If I recall correctly, 2's counterattack window is incredibly generous, pretty much covering the entirety of every enemy's attack animation, both wind-up and recoil. Since enemies almost never stop swinging at you, it's basically a constant damage bonus.

Also since almost every enemy has the same sort of attack windows (1,2,3,pause,4 or was it 1,2,pause,3?) you should be able to easily suss it out.

Barring a certain tall armored enemy that is far too mobile for what they are, and would fit much more in 3's roll happy design.

pech
Jul 19, 2004

Hmmm I uploaded my saves to ps+ cos I had to get my ps4 replaced and now that I've redownload dark souls 3 and the save data it doesn't give me the option to continue my game. HMMMmmm oh no

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

aww man, the dragonslayer axe buff is minor as hell.

they buffed the base damage by quite a bit but reduced the scaling by a full letter grade on both strength and dex. the strength scaling seems to be pushing E grade levels of crap too, so overall it's only very slightly better if you're using it for anything non-raw.

on the other hand, with the slight buff i got to push my AR with flynn's ring+lightning blade to very slightly over 800

edit:
here's the comparison:
1.06 vs. 1.07

here's a fun message i saw too. the message is floating, which i guess isn't shown in the screenshot

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 20, 2016

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
For some reason felt compelled to give Nameless King another try and although the FPS-drops were occasionally murder (literally) it wasn't as bad as I felt the first time I tried. Didn't take that many attempts overall really. I'm Faith-focused on this character, is Lightning Storm or Swordspear (for later when I can get my Dex up) the better choice for Transposition?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

For some reason felt compelled to give Nameless King another try and although the FPS-drops were occasionally murder (literally) it wasn't as bad as I felt the first time I tried. Didn't take that many attempts overall really. I'm Faith-focused on this character, is Lightning Storm or Swordspear (for later when I can get my Dex up) the better choice for Transposition?

Offensive Miracles suck and the Swordspear is awesome.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Can someone on PS4 drop me an Izalith Catalyst?

PSN: Monkrocker

I am at High Wall and super low level

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Jap darksouls movies are loving amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1-E0q07544

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

is steam dark souls down for anyone else?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Huh, apparently the dark firelink shrine is the same place as the regular firelink shrine. Apparently the game treats both places as the same area. Any messages left in the dark shrine will show up in the regular and vice versa. The silver serpent ring chest is also already opened when you get to the dark shrine if you opened it in the regular shrine. I think I'll try opening that chest in the dark shrine on my next run just to test out what happens.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Motherfucker posted:

what anime is that intercut with?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

what anime is that intercut with?

considering the whole thing is a big conan the detective refrence i assume its from that.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Huh, apparently the dark firelink shrine is the same place as the regular firelink shrine. Apparently the game treats both places as the same area. Any messages left in the dark shrine will show up in the regular and vice versa. The silver serpent ring chest is also already opened when you get to the dark shrine if you opened it in the regular shrine. I think I'll try opening that chest in the dark shrine on my next run just to test out what happens.

If you don't open that chest in regular Firelink, you can get it in Untended Graves. I can confirm this, I did it.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

it also opens up in regular firelink if you do it vice versa
i found out that first because i didn't find that area until untended graves

Motherfucker posted:

it isn't until this video that i realized that fully naked undead have a tiny leather strap around their chest
probably to avoid this poo poo exactly since the OG mimicry man from DS2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysVD6_xhvIs) was so drat effective

also holy poo poo detective conan has a villain whose ability is just 'is painted black' ahahaha

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Fereydun posted:

also holy poo poo detective conan has a villain whose ability is just 'is painted black' ahahaha

Over 800 episodes of pure quality

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

hard counter posted:

Profaned Passage Betwixt Yorshka :gonk:

That's too perfect a name to be believed, but just in case: You bastard, that's my waifu!

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Did anyone ever figure out what the "restrict summon sign visibility" option does in the settings menu? I googled it and all I could find was a bunch of forum threads of people arguing about what it does

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

super fart shooter posted:

Did anyone ever figure out what the "restrict summon sign visibility" option does in the settings menu? I googled it and all I could find was a bunch of forum threads of people arguing about what it does

Pretty sure it's just region matching.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
It's region matchmaking. Except that "our" region is literally the entire world minus Japan.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Apparently they nerfed the Black Knight Greataxe, in that it now costs both more stamina to use and deals less damage.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4k74j6/107_list_of_changes/
More tested changes

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Motherfucker posted:

I love hide-and-seek shennanigans like this

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

lol so crescent axe didn't actually change at all. bravo, from patch notes.

At least it looks like they unfucked shield bypass on stuff like the Man-Serpent Hatchet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Lotish posted:

At least it looks like they unfucked shield bypass on stuff like the Man-Serpent Hatchet?

Coincidentally I started a new dude last night who is using a man serpent axe and rampaging through the high wall of lothric. I really like that weapon but I'm super bummed that it has poo poo scaling. I'll use it until I get it to +3 and then transfer over tall the +3 weapons I want to try.