Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Syjefroi posted:

'That's where Christie lost me. And I'm a Cowboys fan.

First against the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Helical Nightmares posted:

:stare: Uh. What the everliving gently caress and this is distinctly giving me a Dr Ben Carson/ Mr Hyde vibe. That wasn't God dude, that was your genius serial killer split personality telling you every thing will be fine.

I would run his fingerprints through an FBI database after this.

I'm imagining a thing where he performs brain surgery on his alive victims and slowly cuts off different functions of the brain.

"If I cut here, you'll become a Clintoris"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

I'm glad you're back friend. :)

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
The High Hall of the GOP is alive with music and chatter. Delegates and donors mill about on the floor, hobnobbing and gossiping. The sound of flutes and lutes and wine being poured fills the air.

The Donald rises from his seat at the high table and gestures for silence. He takes young Ser Christie by the arm, and together they face the crowd.

"Not long ago, I returned to New Hampshire with a young man who had saved my campaign," Trump begins. "You all know him as the finest governor of New Jersey; five times he has driven my campaign to victory." The crowd applauds.

"I know him as the one who takes the place of the endorsement I lost. I have in him the love I would have of an endorser's achievements." Trump gestures for Christie to join him.

"Nothing could make stronger the bond between us, but tonight I wish to share it with you all. The formalities of adoption have been completed. Young Ser Christie is now the legal bearer of my name and the formal heir to my campaign."

The crowd comes alive with commotion. Christie, bearing his robes and tunic with the grace of a highborn, turns to Trump, astonished.

"This ring of my ancestors," Trump says, "would have gone to Cruz, but he's dead. So now it is yours. If you can fit it on your fat finger."

Christie pushed the ring onto his pinkie as though in a daze. Finally, he turns to the crowd.

"It is a strange destiny that brought me to a new life," he says, "a new campaign...a new leader. It brought me here, it may take me away. But I will always bear this ring as a son of The Donald should. With gratitude, affection, and with winning."

Trump turns away to pour himself more wine as the crowd cheers. Christie stands motionless in the spotlight, then scuttles off the stage.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Soon we shall all be Chris Christie, looking on frozen with some bizarre cocktail of awe, jealousy, horror, and dread as Trump leads us on whatever adventure his whim calls for that day.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
no more oreos for us either

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wow racist

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Joementum posted:

While I was away this week

It was nice not reading your continuous meltdowns over Trump.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Immortan posted:

It was nice not reading your continuous meltdowns over Trump.

Not having Joementum posts to read is the opposite of nice.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Jewel Repetition posted:

Goodness gracious GREAT hate and sickness

also the latest soiaf fanfics have been great especially the one with the gay dragons from Benghazi

also also the flop that was the Kelly Trump interview should serve to remind us that this thread and the Republican primary are not real life

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Just remembered the Dangerous Donald moniker and here's what I've got to say about it: lol

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I get more upset when someone attacks Joementum than when they attack my preferred candidate for leader of our country.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Can we still have boxes of M&Ms? :ohdear:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

also also also if you're already addicted to nicotine then good luck to you but otherwise if you want to get high off it consider spinning around in an office chair instead. it's the same sensation and participates in fewer chemical pathways that lead to cancer

jerry brown owns dig the tunnels build the rail nanny the state

Jewel Repetition posted:

I get more upset when someone attacks Joementum than when they attack my preferred candidate for leader of our country.

they're expert trolls. they know our weak points

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 21, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's never not jarring for Trump to be in the middle of talking about giving ragheads the boot and setting fire to wetbacks, only to then go on a rant about Oreos and how we ain't eating them and of ALL THE poo poo HE BRINGS UP, that's the one that isn't racial and is to be taken at face value

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jewel Repetition posted:

Blowmentum

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

It's never not jarring for Trump to be in the middle of talking about giving ragheads the boot and setting fire to wetbacks, only to then go on a rant about Oreos and how we ain't eating them and of ALL THE poo poo HE BRINGS UP, that's the one that isn't racial and is to be taken at face value

hahaha i forgot about that entirely

2016 has broken everything (except the vast majority of people who havent noticed any of this poo poo happening - but perhaps it will break them too. there is time)

can you loving BELIEVE that that canuck thread was whining about how HARD it was to live through an ELEVEN WEEK campaign, and now there's a dingo thread about how DOUBLE PLUS UNCHUFFED they are for an EIGHT WEEK campaign? and here we are

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I miss the heady days of Joementum with the Lieberman av, schooling us all on the mysteries hidden within The Green Papers.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the green papers are still the go-to for explaining why ryan probably won't lose his primary (trump got like 20% in his district) or why debbie wasserman-schultz won't lose her primary (bernie got like 30% in her district)

and for down-ballot bullshit

it is kinda sad that the convention won't be contested, that's kind of a bummer, we all have dealt with that in our own ways

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

hahaha i forgot about that entirely

2016 has broken everything (except the vast majority of people who havent noticed any of this poo poo happening - but perhaps it will break them too. there is time)

can you loving BELIEVE that that canuck thread was whining about how HARD it was to live through an ELEVEN WEEK campaign, and now there's a dingo thread about how DOUBLE PLUS UNCHUFFED they are for an EIGHT WEEK campaign? and here we are

Over half of our government literally never stops campaigning, because they only sit for 2 years which is just enough time for an upstart to start trashing them in advance of the next cycle

Of course unlike AU or CA we have 50 states and some of them with more population than either of those countries so we can just be like, "okay and today we'll have the primaries for all the provinces with the lowest population density in the whole world"

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

oystertoadfish posted:

it is kinda sad that the convention won't be contested, that's kind of a bummer, we all have dealt with that in our own ways

It would have been awesome from a historical standpoint, but I think the tantalizing prospect of it made the news media a little cuckoo. But yeah, lots of internal and external meltdowns. Myself included.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Over half of our government literally never stops campaigning, because they only sit for 2 years which is just enough time for an upstart to start trashing them in advance of the next cycle

Of course unlike AU or CA we have 50 states and some of them with more population than either of those countries so we can just be like, "okay and today we'll have the primaries for all the provinces with the lowest population density in the whole world"

once i tried to separate the us into australias. i just found it in my gmail

the areas with the lovely mspaint = sign are about equal in population to australia. the areas with the lovely mspaint 1/2 are half-australias. the united states can be divided fairly evenly and with some respect to cultural divisions into twelve australias and four half-australias

here's my math and some details https://ethercalc.org/iztnl41nv8nl

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 21, 2016

stefania_r
Sep 2, 2011
Wait does Trump have beef with Oreos? I assumed he was talking about losing some of his tire for the general.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

once i tried to separate the us into australias. i just found it in my gmail

the areas with the lovely mspaint = sign are about equal in population to australia. the areas with the lovely mspaint 1/2 are half-australias. the united states can be divided fairly evenly and with some respect to cultural divisions into eleven australias and four half-australias

here's my math and some details https://ethercalc.org/iztnl41nv8nl

A good map

Would love to see how much weight Missouri is carrying for that 0.5(AU)

stefania_r posted:

Wait does Trump have beef with Oreos? I assumed he was talking about losing some of his tire for the general.

At first I thought he was referring to the racial use of it (black on the outside, white on the inside) and that confused me because that seems like the only kind of black person Trump could personally tolerate. Then it became apparent he was literally talking about the literal cookie and somehow it makes even less sense

This is something he's been tossing out occasionally since almost day 1 btw

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Maybe Trump is a hydrox man

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think oreo makes their cookies in mexico or some poo poo? it's definitely some og trump rally poo poo he's been saying it from very early on i think it's kind of a deep cut for his long time fans

also missouri has like 6 million loving people in it, they're like a fifth of an australia on their own. bigger than the sydney or melbourne metro areas, or at least about the same size but i think bigger. it's crazy how few people there actually are down under

also australia has about the same population as taiwan i think, and baseball is like the tenth most popular sport in australia and the most popular sport in taiwan, but australia's sent several times more people to the major leagues than taiwan has. aussies are sports-crazy

edit: 29 major leaguers born in australia
http://www.baseball-reference.com/bio/Australia_born.shtml
11 born in taiwan
http://www.baseball-reference.com/bio/Taiwan_born.shtml
several times is a fair descriptor i say

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 21, 2016

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

stefania_r posted:

Nabisco moved a factory to Mexico so Oreos just can't be trusted anymore.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

stefania_r posted:

im guessing oreos arent made in america or something.

i mean he's not telling people to boycott nabisco because that'd involve looking for something besides the big broad branding in front of their faces, something that might be a bit of a stretch for the average trump supporter.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
NO MORE WHEAT THINS, NO MORE TRISCUITS, NO MORE FIG NEWTONS, NO MORE TEDDY GRAHAMS

bystander: no

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

^lol

holy poo poo chien-ming wang has thrown 14 innings of above-average relief for the royals this year how did i miss that

im a shameful baseball fan these days

edit: all three aussies active in the 2016 season were born in western australia. huh.

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 21, 2016

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
Why can't I play as an Australian civ in Civ V? That's messed up.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

^lol

holy poo poo chien-ming wang has thrown 14 innings of above-average relief for the royals this year how did i miss that

im a shameful baseball fan these days

edit: all three aussies active in the 2016 season were born in western australia. huh.

When Moylan was with the Braves they had a special thing during one of the game where he ate Vegemite with some coaches. They were all grossed out but I like Vegemite so I was all like :hellyeah:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Australia's greatest leader was only famous for holding the record for drinking a yard of beer, it's not surprising that no one wants that guy showing up next to Gandhi or Caesar

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the aussie civ would have a special ability where every single one of their naval vessels sunk when they went more than zero hexes off the shore to commemorate the time they lost a pm in the ocean

Epic High Five posted:

When Moylan was with the Braves they had a special thing during one of the game where he ate Vegemite with some coaches. They were all grossed out but I like Vegemite so I was all like :hellyeah:

vegemite is weird but i think some aussies told me they think peanut butter and chocolate taste gross together and i completely agree

i derailed this very thread on the issue who knows how many thousands of pages ago

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

the aussie civ would have a special ability where every single one of their naval vessels sunk when they went more than zero hexes off the shore to commemorate the time they lost a pm in the ocean

vegemite is weird but i think some aussies told me they think peanut butter and chocolate taste gross together and i completely agree

i derailed this very thread on the issue who knows how many thousands of pages ago

ya but they named a swimming pool after the guy so there's that

Late nite JCF"M"AGRTHYMB posting is like FYAD for grown ups so just whatever whatever m8 :cheers:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

one of australia's greatest sports moments was a cricketer drinking 52 cans of beer on the sydney to london flight :boonie: 'reportedly'
http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...4589-1463811180

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

ya but they named a swimming pool after the guy so there's that

Late nite JCF"M"AGRTHYMB posting is like FYAD for grown ups so just whatever whatever m8 :cheers:
i didnt know that about the swimming pool

i posted this before somewhere but aussie labor union amwu are at the vanguard of the global left in the political meme wars
https://twitter.com/theamwu/status/731990384910327808

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

The English are already playable

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

i didnt know that about the swimming pool

i posted this before somewhere but aussie labor union amwu are at the vanguard of the global left in the political meme wars
https://twitter.com/theamwu/status/731990384910327808

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Holt_Memorial_Swimming_Centre

Australia simultaneously decades ahead of the dark humor curve and years behind the ironic meme curve

edit - apparently it's a fine example of Brutalist Architecture which sounds like the best kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Hydrox are pretty poo poo tbh

• Locked thread